OtakuBoards

System of a Down

shibatku

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make some detail for it.

System of A Down, or SOAD, is an amazing hard rock/metal band that has been around for quite some time. they have about 4 or 5 albums out(dont keep track) and they will continue to make more.

The singer, Serj Tankian, has an amazing voice that can change pitches very fast which makes the songs sound outstanding!

The Drummer can play very fast and is set to play with his massive drum set! Theres so many drums and cymbals on that thing:P

The Guitarist to me is Crazy! In the video Chop Suey, he acts like a compete retard! but its very funny. hes amazing too:D

Last but not least, the Bassist. He can play quite fast and makes the songs sound sweet!

Theres my description of SOAD:)

I'll give them props. there pretty good. I used to have a freind who loved them to death. One of his favorite bands. Well i would tease him by calling htem the Taliban Band cuz of there long beards. But that was just goofin around. I like them okay.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]Well i would tease him by calling them the Taliban Band cuz of there long beards.[/B][/QUOTE]

HAHA.Also because of their song Boom:P that has to do with the war and all. haha i thought that was so funny whut u said:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xyandar [/i]
[B]
The singer, Serj Tankian, has an amazing voice that can change pitches very fast which makes the songs sound outstanding!
[/B][/QUOTE]

You must be completely tone deaf....

Here we go again. System of a Clown SUCKS. They are the worst band, besides Insane Clown Possey and GLAY (I'd rather listen to GLAY), to walk this earth. Horrible music, HORRIBLE singer. To this day i cannot figure out how anyone in their right mind or with any taste in music can like these complete talentless losers.

The singer makes me want to puke. His voice is horrible. He can't sing. He talks in his music and he changes levels of volume when he talks and he calls it singing. Sorr buddy, get some lessons, cause you suck. The guy who plays the guitar... I can easily pick out a SOAC song because they all sound the same... crappy guitars and even worse singing.

The only word that comes to mind besides suicide when I hear them is HORRID

[size=1][quote][i]Originally posted by Mitch[/i]
TN, I'd love to see you post a thread about your "great" Japanese bands. See if they even could stand up to System, or Led Zeppelin for that matter, which is probably my favorite band, and has been one of the main voices and turns in rock. And even then, a lot of bands, most likely including your great Japanese bands were in turn influenced by American bands. So to hate the music that inspired and, in the core, is the music that you like and listen to is the be a hypocrite.

Not to say that Japanese music isn't good, I just haven't listened to any. I'm sure some of it has to be good, considering.

TN, I'm wondering if you've even listened extensively to System? Because it's not right to base a band on a few songs, or just a few stupid reasons.

2 Fast 2 Furious, on the other hand...now that's crap. Utter crap. System could shake its legs and its wheels and churn it to butter.

As for System...they're amazing. Their singer's voice is just amazing and creepy...they have a good drummer, and a good guitar player. A lot of their songs are so simple yet so very, very complex. I love that. And I like how they're just so brilliantly smart with every song, and each song doesn't sound exactly the same as the other.

I'd say I like their first CD a bit better than their second. I don't know why, but to me, their first CD is a lot more loud, and it's just...not like Toxicity sounds in some ways. Spiders is probably one of my favorite songs of theirs, I don't know, it's just so awesome. I also like Suggestions, War?, Soil....heck, pretty much every song from their self-titled first album.

Their second CD is also pretty amazing too. I especially like Forest, Aerials, Chop Suey!, and mostly the whole record too lol.[/quote][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][size=1]TN, I'd love to see you post a thread about your "great" Japanese bands. See if they even could stand up to System, or Led Zeppelin for that matter, which is probably my favorite band, and has been one of the main voices and turns in rock. And even then, a lot of bands, most likely including your great Japanese bands were in turn influenced by American bands. So to hate the music that inspired and, in the core, is the music that you like and listen to is the be a hypocrite.

Not to say that Japanese music isn't good, I just haven't listened to any. I'm sure some of it has to be good, considering.

TN, I'm wondering if you've even listened extensively to System? Because it's not right to base a band on a few songs, or just a few stupid reasons.

2 Fast 2 Furious, on the other hand...now that's crap. Utter crap. System could shake its legs and its wheels and churn it to butter.

As for System...they're amazing. Their singer's voice is just amazing and creepy...they have a good drummer, and a good guitar player. A lot of their songs are so simple yet so very, very complex. I love that. And I like how they're just so brilliantly smart with every song, and each song doesn't sound exactly the same as the other.

I'd say I like their first CD a bit better than their second. I don't know why, but to me, their first CD is a lot more loud, and it's just...not like Toxicity sounds in some ways. Spiders is probably one of my favorite songs of theirs, I don't know, it's just so awesome. I also like Suggestions, War?, Soil....heck, pretty much every song from their self-titled first album.

Their second CD is also pretty amazing too. I especially like Forest, Aerials, Chop Suey!, and mostly the whole record too lol.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I responded to that before in the original topic you took that from. Not all Japanese bands are good... I listed GLAY above as one that was crappy.... System of a Down is crappy, plain crap. You all need to get your hearing checked.

[size=1] Here I thought you'd take my satire into your own hands and post your old reply...

I guess no one understands my humor lol.

You can hate the band and all...but to say that it is "utter crap" is to go too far in my opinion. So basically you're saying that anyone that listens to this band is also "utter crap"? Perhaps I assume too much...but you should at least recognize that this band isn't terrible, and see that there is something good you yourself like about them, I suppose. I mean there has to be something you like about this band.

Ah well. If you hate a band, that's fine heh. I respect it...I am just trying to make you "educated" as far as I see it...[/size]

[size=1][color=CC0000]TN, System of a Down are not crap at all. I think you just don't like them, if they were crap, I'd ask you to learn all of the guitar tabs for every single song and learn to sing every song perfectly... Then please tell me how crap they are.

Anyway, SOAD is like.. my favourite band, besides AFI and Blink. Daron's riffs are nice and crazy, Serj's singing is some of the best I've heard, Shavo's bass is fast fast fast and the John's drumming is also some of the best I've heard.

If they are utter crap, why are they really good at what they do? You can be really ignorant sometimes, you know that?[/size][/color]

[B][size=1] Here I thought you'd take my satire into your own hands and post your old reply...

I guess no one understands my humor lol.
[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I would have, if I weren't so lazy to try and find it.

And they aren't good at what they do. The people who listen to them are all tone deaf, therefor they just seem good.

No offense ofcourse... you just can't tell they suck lol :p

[size=1] I have a couple of System of a Down albums, the first one, and Toxicity. I like their music as something different to listen to, however, I haven't played the songs for a while now.

Let's be reasonable here, I have to agree with TN as Serj shouts and yells the lyrics, it's half the appeal, I wouldn't call it singing, as there isn't a melody there. I do like the music, I just wonder sometimes why Serj doesn't get laryngitis(sp?) from all that yelling.

:smirk: [/size]

[B][size=1] No, no....the people that listen to the [i]Def[/i]tones, now they are tone deaf...

I love the Deftones as well lol. You should give them a shot one day, TN. You'd like them.

Nep.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I wouldn't comment on these bands if i didn't "give them a chance"... I've listened to, and hated, all of System of a Clown's major singles... And then some. My best friend likes them, and I have to deal with em sometimes when I'm in the car. My other friend likes Deftones, and I've heard enough of them since 9th grade, I about threw up last time. Deftones are alot better than SOAC thats for sure, but I still don't like em.

Okay well if your going to dog on them at least say their name right. Its System of a "DOWN" okay. I really could care a crap less of what you think. If you don't like them then you shouldn't post. I see your point and you've stated it numerous times. I like them and to me thats really all that matters. I created this thread so I could see how many people LIKED them. If you don't like them then all you had to do was say so. Serj probaly had to take long classes to get his voice like that. That kind of voice takes time to do. Heck the lead singer of Otep had to do that and she's pretty good at it.

Anyways their music is awesome.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shibatku [/i]
[B]Okay well if your going to dog on them at least say their name right. Its System of a "DOWN" okay. I really could care a crap less of what you think. If you don't like them then you shouldn't post. I see your point and you've stated it numerous times. I like them and to me thats really all that matters. I created this thread so I could see how many people LIKED them. If you don't like them then all you had to do was say so. Serj probaly had to take long classes to get his voice like that. That kind of voice takes time to do. Heck the lead singer of Otep had to do that and she's pretty good at it.

Anyways their music is awesome. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats what I said, System of a clown....it's a lowercase D

I don't care WHY you created this thread.... by creating it, you open it to public discussion... and i'm publically discussing how much I dispise them.... If I was in the senate and I brought up an issue, I don't expect to have just the people who like it tell me how much they like it, people are gonna disagree and tell you about it. Thats life. If you can't take that witha simple band, I feel sorry for you when you come into the real world.

I could do that guys voice. He just can't sing.... he yells. There are no classes he took to be like that, and if he did, he should sue the teacher. All he does is yell. It gives the band a different sound, albeit a horrible one, that apparentl have gotten tone deaf people interested in them. It's not singing ability he's got, it's just an annoying sound he makes with his mouth.

I think everyone knows your opinion by now lol. With the previous threads and all the posts in this one, I think it's pretty clear. There's not much more to add to it heh.

Personally, I love System of a Down. They're one of the better bands to come out of the nu-metal scene. Regardless of whether or not you like Serj's voice, it fits the band. I can also say, from personal experience, that the riffs in their songs are far more difficult to play than it seems. Roulette is a good example. They have talent, whether or not you like that talent is another story.

I still haven't bothered to buy Steal This Album. I mentioned in the other thread that I managed to get their old demo tapes as well as a full, unreleased LP from 2002. I have no clue why it didn't come out.

Guest RPG&BattleKing
It is imposibble to express or comprehend my mothers obsession with this band. Its crazy. Her computer, the walls of her room, all covered in System of a Down Mearchandise. She has all the SOAD mearchandise, she has tons of MP3s, she knew the words to steal this album before it came out. SHE IS OBSESSED!!!! And shes 39 years old!!! ITS NUTS!!!! Anyway yeah I like them. Their cool. My favorite of their songs is probabaly..... hard choice. Maybe Bubble Jungle. Any way they rock.

wow, your mom loves SOAD? i do, too...but, i would never let my mom listen to my music, she would tell me about how stupid/crappy it is, and if she didnt, she would just tell me about she didnt want to listen to it...
kinda like the one time, i tried to tell her about creed (i knew she would like creed, and tried to introduce it to her..) she said, no, i dont want to listen to that. well, a few days later, she hears them on the radio, and really liked them (i honestly dont know how she heard them on the radio, she only listens to classic rock, which some isnt bad)

Guest RPG&BattleKing
No no they arent my CDs their hers. I had never heard of them. She heard Chop Suey and loved it. She bought the first 2 albums the day the 2nd one came out and it was love at first hearing. She even has theiir bootlegged tapes! And shes in love with Darin(the guitarist) even though my dad doesnt exactly like that. The oly other band that even comes close is Janes Addiction which has also bcome Moms Addiction.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Thats what I said, System of a clown....it's a lowercase D

I don't care WHY you created this thread.... by creating it, you open it to public discussion... and i'm publically discussing how much I dispise them.... If I was in the senate and I brought up an issue, I don't expect to have just the people who like it tell me how much they like it, people are gonna disagree and tell you about it. Thats life. If you can't take that witha simple band, I feel sorry for you when you come into the real world.

I could do that guys voice. He just can't sing.... he yells. There are no classes he took to be like that, and if he did, he should sue the teacher. All he does is yell. It gives the band a different sound, albeit a horrible one, that apparentl have gotten tone deaf people interested in them. It's not singing ability he's got, it's just an annoying sound he makes with his mouth. [/B][/QUOTE]

So what if it's a lower case d. See that's a d. That's not the point. You're still miss pronouncing the name. It has S capitalized and D capitalized. That's a grammar mistake if you don't capitalize it.