OtakuBoards

System of a Down

shibatku

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]shibatku, Transtic Nerve knows what he said and he said it on purpose.[/B][/QUOTE]

At least you got the joke.

[quote][b]I think everyone knows your opinion by now lol. With the previous threads and all the posts in this one, I think it's pretty clear. There's not much more to add to it heh.[/quote][/b]

Yeah thats true, and I think judging fromt he previous 8,000 threads ont he same thing, everyone's opinion is well known, so why do we have another thread on this crap? lol.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manic [/i]
[B]shibatku, Transtic Nerve knows what he said and he said it on purpose.

If this "they suck, no they don't, yes they do, your grammer sucks" hoo-ha keeps up, I'm closing this thread up faster than Britney Spears' restaurant for health violations. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well it's not my fault that he doesn't know how to spell their name right. He said that he used a lower case d. If he said it on purpose and it's not a lower case d then why did he lie?Hmmm

SOAD was great in concert. I loved them. Serj threw out his robe that he was wearing. I wanted it, but I was to far back. I couldv'e sold it on e-bay for alot of money. Oh well.

[b][size=1]
I'm not a fan or anything of System of a Down, in that I don't go hunting for their songs/albums etc. But from what I [i]have[/i] heard so far (thank a school friend and a long trip by coach.. and Weh), I have to say that I think they are very talented.

They come up with some very well done tunes, and the lead can sing. He just.. doesn't, now and then. The lyrics are very good from what I've heard so far, and I just love the way each song is done up.[/b]

I like the funny sounds and the instruments they use as well sometimes, lol.[/size]

• 1 month later...
He has done alot of voice training. If he hadn't taken classes then he would have blown out his voice box. Serj may not make sense to alot of people, but I can understand it. They're music is hard to play. I have tried. It's harder than yopu think. If they were "utter crap" then they wouldn't have so many fans.

SOAD RULES man! I love them! They got me into metal! I only know one persons name form the band though ^_^ Serj Tankin, i think he's the lead singer or guitarist (sp) Well, I only have one of their Cds but I still love them! Rock on My fellow metal brothers!(and sisters!)

[quote]they have about 4 or 5 albums out(dont keep track) and they will continue to make more.[/quote] They only have three albums, by the way ^_^

[color=crimson]The first thing that should be said is that Nu-Metal is ****.

It should be said is that SoAD is good- for the genre. On the entire spectrum of metal, they are crap compared to other bands.

I should probably not go into detail since the usual self righteous defenders of the band will come with useless facts to try to make me see SoAD as gods.

But you have to like the Legend of Zelda song.[/color]

You can like it more knowing that System of a Down didn't even do that. Another mislabeled song thanks to Kazaa lol.

They only have 3 albums out officially though American, although Steal This Album kind of collects a lot of demos and b-sides and remasters them.

However, they do have quite a bit of pre-label material about... and even a fully completed CD that apparently was never released. I managed to find all of that though some friends. Good stuff.

The band is actually called Rabbit Joint, from all I've been able to gather.. I've seen it labeled as System of a Down, Mr. Bungle, Generic (videogame band) and Nintendo Power (another videogame band)... but yeah.

It doesn't help that so many people online have this labelled as a System song that you can barely find any information on it anymore... and then you have goofy people claiming that System said it was them in an interview. An interview I cannot even find any proof of lol.

System actually put a comment on their site saying it's not them... but people seem to ignore that.

• 2 weeks later...
I like SOAD, they're cool, i couldn't understand them at first, but i started to listen to their music more and started to like them. So now i think they rock!

[size=1][color=darkblue]I love System of a Down. I mainly like them because Weh forces me too ^_^. Nah, seriously now, I've heard all three of their albums, and many unreleased tracks, live songs and other stuff, like interviews. I think they're all talented, and they must be, becuase no one else does anything like them. Even imagination is a talent, and the way they think up their lyrics and music is definatley a talent.
I am also impressed by something I saw on [crap]Kazaa[/crap]. I'm not sure what song it was, but it was a live video, and Daren's guitar broke at the beggining of the song. Instead of stopping, they carried on, and improvised, and the fans loved it even more than they usually would. They are talented, entertaining AND capable of overcoming 'Live Show' problems.
Just a leaving note to the person who seems to be the most dedicated fan on the planet. Shibatku, how many System albums do you, and how much other merchandise do you have?
--Bing[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=CC0000]HHEHHWHEHEH SYStem oF a DOWN AR RR TEH ROx0rxAWSZZ!!!!111

Ahem.

I have all three albums. I did put like 12 unreleased songs onto a CD but I lost it. =( I really do love them lots lots lots though. Serj's voice is soo good, I love it. It fits in with the really nearly-unhearably-low bass and the crazy guitar and drums. Whee I love them. *runs to California to see them right now*[/size][/color]

System of a Down is awesome. If you think the singer has no talent, listen to Roulette. That song has no yelling in it, only singing. The one who assists at times in singing isn't quite as good, though.

As for those who do not like this band, do not criticize those who do. I could go on and on about the bands I don't like and make others mad, such as icp fans, boy band fans, and NIN fans. I think unless by listening to this music, we will somehow bring harm to you, shut your trap.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kairi8990
i guess soad is ok. ive only heard music off their latest cd (which im so lame i dun even know the name of it), but i preferr linkin park. ive oly seen one of their videos. i think it was toxicity or sumthin like that. i guess i only watched it because on of the guys had an L.A kings jersey [ offtopic ](yeah i have a thing about the kings...seee my otaku)[ /offtopic ]. well i guess soad is pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZytaZiouZ [/i]
[B]System of a Down is awesome. If you think the singer has no talent, listen to Roulette. That song has no yelling in it, only singing. The one who assists at times in singing isn't quite as good, though.[/b][/quote]

Wow, one song out of the how many with yelling? I'm sure in that time a person can at least attempt to sing well, and if not, they certainly can have their voice altered electronically (ie: Britney Spears)

[quote][b]As for those who do not like this band, do not criticize those who do. I could go on and on about the bands I don't like and make others mad, such as icp fans, boy band fans, and NIN fans. I think unless by listening to this music, we will somehow bring harm to you, shut your trap. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll critisize you all I want. Just as you have just critisized me, although you probably were so caught up in yourself you didn't realize that. Its your choice not to go on about how much you don't like those groups you mentioned, but thats your choice... and I feel so bad for people that listen to SOAcl, I have to say something. I cannot honestly figure out why ANYONE in their right mind could like the crap they call "music" and then spend money to listen to it! It makes me cry to see so many people who truely don't understand what good music is... :crying:

ANd it does bring me harm, cause if you listen to it and my friends listen to it, I have to hear it from them and you, and that just makes me really sick. That certainly cannot be healthy.

If you get sick over everylittle thing you don't like then your in for a rude-awakening. SOAD is liked by a lot of people.
They have reasons for their songs. They are a great band and I happen to like them. They have fans. Fans are all you need to have a great band. Some people hate certain bands, but do you think the fans really give a damn. One fan or a million it doesn't matter. You may not like them and that's whoever doesn't like them's opinion.

Guest animelover88
i love soad they kinda got me into metal i grew up on old stuff like the doors and pink floyd but i love soad they rock their songs are very strong politically i really like them

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE]I used to listen to SOAD, they were a good band, but i changed into death metal in a way (Slipknot, Godsmack, Korn, Mudvayne) SOAD comes close, but i dont listen to them anymore.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I never thought of KoRn and Godsmack as death metal... Don't think it is...

You and I have similar interests, however, 'cept I don't really enjoy Slipknot a helluva lot. That clown with the blood gushing out of his head. Owie. Jeez, get this guy a band-aid!

I really like SOAD. And I thought they did that Zelda song... Thanks for ze clarification!

I really like their new album. I recently got a copy of it and it is amazing! the song AIEIAIO or whatever it is lol is so cool! I still like their Toxicity album more. That album has alot of songs that really catch my attention every time i listen to them. The new one has atention-grabbers also but not as much as Toxicity. I also like that album because i can play 2 songs from it on drums:P Toxicity and ATWA.

I love System of A Down, they are completely awesome *smacks self in head for sounding n00bish* But I hated Toxicity. The only song I liked on it was that 'Why Cry When Angels Deserve to Die' song. i much prefer Steal This Album, because its so fast paced and fun. (And it has my favourite song of all time on it - Chic n Stu)

Guest xbloodfightx
Yeah, System of a Down is nu-metal. Nu-Metal is annoying. I don't like his voice or his screams [which he did only in the first album might I add.] Nu-Metal is like pop rock to rock. Disgraceful. And I wouldn't call KoRn or Godsmack death metal. For whoever said that is truely sad. Death Metal is not on TV. Sorry to say kiddos, it's not on TV. Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed, Adeklima[sp?], Cattle Decapitator, and Extol are death metal. If your death metal doesn't have double bass or low growls in it, then it isn't death metal.

[QUOTE]And I wouldn't call KoRn or Godsmack death metal. For whoever said that is truely sad. Death Metal is not on TV. Sorry to say kiddos, it's not on TV. Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed, Adeklima[sp?], Cattle Decapitator, and Extol are death metal. If your death metal doesn't have double bass or low growls in it, then it isn't death metal.[/QUOTE]

You're right! KoRn is not death metal. (Who DID say that??) It is nu metal. In fact, KoRn created the genre of nu metal, to my knowledge. (Only thing missin' be the umlauts, eh? Toughens the image!)

[QUOTE]Nu-Metal is like pop rock to rock. Disgraceful.[/QUOTE]

Um...no. I wouldn't label the entire genre of nu metal "disgraceful." That's an overgeneralization, and a bit harsh. (Can you tell I'm a KoRn fan? ;) )