Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[url]http://www.superherohype.com/catwoman/index.php?id=207[/url]

Jesus Christ what were they on when they thought this was a cool outfit?
Posted
Um......yeah.:therock:

I don't remember seeing Catwoman dressed in that costume, ever.
It just looks trashy, and the mask is somewhat laughable.

What Batman movie is this for, again?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]What Batman movie is this for, again? [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Catwoman is getting her own solo film, and this project has been in the works longer than Batman 5. I'm surprised that the thing has finally gotten off the ground, but this photo only makes me depressed. They are just trying to market Catwoman as a sex symbol, and completely throwing away anything related to the comics. This isn't even Selina Kyle, this version of Catwoman is a totally new character with a backstory unrelated to the original DC character. There is an excellent Catwoman comic series out right now, and I highly recommend it to anyone who respects the character and/or likes good stories.

Hopefully the new Batman project will be more promising than this.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[quote][i]From the article[/i]
Berry's leather cat suit for the 2004 film is "very bare, very urban, very downtown," she says.[/quote]
I don't know what downtown [i]she's[/i] shopping in.

I also can't believe Berry would stoop to this role, personally. I mean, you can't put on the costume without knowing exactly what market they're aiming for. I would've hoped she had a little more respect for herself; she's had some pretty good roles in the past.
Posted
It's not as if Halle is known for all her wonderful roles as it is. She has been portrayed as a sex object in a good deal of them, so this is nothing new. The main exception was obviously Monster's Ball.

This thing looks like a really bad Photoshop job. Too bad it isn't.

[IMG]http://www.mv.com/ipusers/dolls/jpg2/catwmn2.jpg[/IMG]

Could be worse, though.
Posted
Ok who would actually go to the movies to see a cat woman movie even though Halley Berry is fine. I know for one I wouldn't. Everyboby knows its all about the Caped Crusader and his Boy Wonder. Cat Woman is one of those every once and a while sidekicks like Aquaman or Supergirl.
Posted
Oh, it's Downtown, alright. Down on Skid Row!
*snaps fingers 3 times*

Alright, seriously. This movie doesn't seem that interesting. A Catwoman who isn't Selina Kyle. That just doesn't sound too appealing. I don't care how hot Halle Berry is, she's coming off as an Eartha Kitt replacement. And she's about 40 years too late for that.
Posted
Right, cause when I look at that, the first thing that comes to mind is pus.......errr ........ cats....

I like her pants.... thats about all I like on it. I always thought Catwoman was covered in black leather? And not, well... in this case, lack there of.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]
I like her pants.... thats about all I like on it. I always thought Catwoman was covered in black leather? And not, well... in this case, lack there of. [/B][/QUOTE]
She was. Apparently skin tight black leather isn't sexy enough or something.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by scrmngfangrl [/i]
[B]anybody actually like? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sure there is a legion of fourteen year old boys that are absolutely thrilled.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]Ok who would actually go to the movies to see a cat woman movie even though Halley Berry is fine. I know for one I wouldn't. Everyboby knows its all about the Caped Crusader and his Boy Wonder. Cat Woman is one of those every once and a while sidekicks like Aquaman or Supergirl. [/B][/QUOTE]

No way, catwoman is one of the best characters in DC, seriously she rules. Aquaman has his own comic too, although I'd never actually bring myself to read it, he was never my thing. Anyway back to the plot. I'd love to know how they're going to pull this off, it has absolutely no connections to the original DC plot or character whatsoever. That costume is pathetic, they should at least try to make it true to the comics, I mean hey the ones she's wearing in the comics now is pretty cool I'd say. here's the only picture I could find
[img]http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/images/Catwoman_newcostume.jpg[/img]

What kind of fan is going to want to see this new shambles? Actually...I know what kind of fan would want to see this...
Posted
[IMG]http://www.dccomics.com/comics/images/September2003/pic_lrgcatw23cvr.jpg[/IMG]

Here's a better one (I don't like the art on #2 lol). Comparing Catwoman to Aquaman makes little sense to me. Everyone knows Catwoman, she's one of the bigger female comic characters.

The current Catwoman run is really damn good. They already played with her costume a bit, but it still works. They should have done something with that instead of this terrible Halle Berry thing.

Maybe she can do an accent through half of the film and then forget all about it in the rest. She seems good at that.
Guest Magdalena
Posted
Hell yes! Another porno coming to theaters!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]The upcoming porno remake, I'd say. [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL! Eaxactly my point. It looks like this suit would fit more at home in some fantasy porn movie.

I really do dispise this whole "Let's revamp great comics and make films just to get much more money and sell lots and lots of merchandise". It realy is starting to annoy me, how they take an original destroy it then make millions of money off of it. Hmm, seems like this is going to be baaaad.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]Catwoman is getting her own solo film, and this project has been in the works longer than Batman 5. I'm surprised that the thing has finally gotten off the ground, but this photo only makes me depressed. They are just trying to market Catwoman as a sex symbol, and completely throwing away anything related to the comics.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]That's sad isn't it? But like they say, sex sells. And they are having to go to further and further extremes nowadays to acommadate for the numbing of people's minds.

I really don't like the outfit. It looks trashy. She could at least have some hair, right? Oh well...[/color][/size]
Posted
The [i]really[/i] frsutrating part is that DC Comics is [i]owned[/i] by Warner Bros. You'd think Warner Bros. Studios would hire a writer who follows the comic book. Or better yet, hire an actual comic book writer. I bet Catwoman's writer could think up one hell of a movie script. It's not like hiring the guy for the movie is gonna take all kinds of effort...

"Ed, you've been transferred from the DC department to the Warner Brothers Studio department. Do exactly what you've been doing, only write it in the form of a movie script."
Posted
[color=indigo]Heh, I have a great idea...lets make a movie about a comic book charecter that has absoluty nothing to do with the comic book. That won't piss off the legions of comic book fans that usually go to charecter based movies over and over again. And while we are at it, lets cast Halle Berry, who has all of the acting skills of a young Jean Claude Van Damm (well maybe not that bad), because she is hot in Hollywood right now... [/color]
Posted
Another movie based on a comic book.... The last few Batman movies have flopped... the only two sucessful comic-movies were X-Men and Spiderman, and X-Men was really the only decent one of those. (Hulk and Daredevil were complete waste of time) They have outdone this genre of movies (ie: Real Action movies based on comics and/or cartoons) already and it hasn't even been around that long.

That and I really don't like DC Comics and I really don't like the movies they base on them.
Posted
[color=#707875]Well, I really liked Catwoman in Batman Returns. Wow. She was awesome. ^_^;;

I thought that they got every single thing right in Batman Returns. It was dark and gothic...and everything was updated in a subtle and careful way -- they weren't making Catwoman some stupid, ridiculous character.

*sighs* All the Batman movies after Returns were pretty bad in my opinion. Joel Schumacher should be shot for what he did to the series.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...