OtakuBoards

Haunted Houses

stardust

I was just wondering how many haunted house type things there are where you live and if you're planning to go to any or have already been.

It's kinda a tradition for me and my friends. I always end up going with somebody to this cheesy haunted house 20 minutes down the road,lol. It's lame,sure, but it's entertaining,something to do.

I'm going on friday. My friend's mom decided to take our whole little homecoming group to a haunted house after the football game (my group consists of mainly all bandos,lol). I look forward to it. How about you?

Bandos? I'm sorry Ms. Stardust,, but it's Band-Dorks. ;)

And there is this top notch haunted house about an hour and a half drive from where I live. It's called the Slaughter Haus. I've been there for the last three year in a row. And each year I've gotten the crap scared out of me.

I bet Sara knows what I'm talking about. :)

Well at my school i'm trying to get my high school to do a hunted house thing for October, it would be cool cause round this time of year my uncle opens his Halloween store and he has got a lot of cool stuff in there.

As for a real hunted house, theres one down the road from me, its a really old house from the 50's i've been down there before on All Hallow's eve an there some spooky stuff happening there, lights on in the rooms, wried noise spooky shadows, i tend to stay clear of it this time of year, only go past if in a car.

Haunted houses just scare me...I'm easily scared....lol,the only time I was really ok was when i was hanging off my friend's arm,lol. The one I usually go to is a rip-off tho,it's like 15$ to go through 7 houses....they all suck...but we go anyways,lol.

And here the band people are Bandos,sorry,that's how it stands.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I enjoy going to haunted houses, just a good laugh with my friends before Halloween. ^_^ I'm not scared very easily, the last time I was scared by a haunted house was when I was six. But last year there was this really awsome one that was pretty convincing. Most of the time it actually looked real. I guess it's tradition for me and my friends every year, I love haunted houses!!! ^_^ This year I was offered to be in one, I think I'll do it, that should be fun! I get to be covered in fake blood and have one of those things were it looks like your head has been chopped off. Lol, I get to jump out of this one wall while people are walking through this dark maze. And yes they are giving me a flashlight to show off my goreyness. I can't wait to do that! I havn't been able to go to one yet, but there is one soon that I am going to.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Where I live there are about 15-20 haunted houses/tralis.I don't normally get to go to any of them due to a lack of funds.But this year I won to tickets to one of the trails off of a radio station.I think the biggest one is Industrial Nightmare.They work on that one for about six months.The people from Industrial Light and Magic lend their talents to it.

I alway go to the local haunted house. It is more of a make out place then a actually haunted house. It not even scarey. It is more funny then scarey. Come who actually believes in Mummys, Vampires,Ghost, and Pumpkinhead. Last years house was the most scarey of them all; it sported the Scream dude and the I know what you did last summer dude. It was scarey until my friend punched the Scream dude and he feel down and started crying. This year the theme is Freddy vs. Jason and hopefully it will be good.

[color=midnightblue]Meh, I am not fond of haunted houses. Not because they scare me so much that I don't sleep for three weeks, or because I'm "too cool" for them. I just don't find enjoyment in being chased around by people in rubber masks and chainsaws in hand.

Like most human beings, I enjoy getting thrills and getting shivers sent down my spine, yet it is not something on the top of my things-to-spend-money-on list.

Actually, I can be a rather jumpy person when I am not expecting anything coming up behind me.. But I suppose, in a place like a haunted house, a scare is expected and would not have as much an impact on me as a person jumping out from behind the comic book store would.

But to answer your question, I live in a rather small city north of Los Angeles, and we have some small, low-quality ones in the area, maybe one or two of them. Yet, at the same time, we have Six Flags Magic Mountain and Knott's Berry Farm not one hour away from here and have this humongous, elaborate tradition going on that thousands of people see each October.

*shrugs* I guess I may go to one this year, with friends.. [/color]

I love haunted houses! About 20 minutes from my city, out in the country, there is a old barn reposessed by the bank. They put on a haunted house every year. They are opening this weekend actually! It's really realistic. It's not corny or anything. It's so popular too! Every one goes! It's like a dollar fifty to get in so any one can afford it. There's always radio and TV stations there. Everyone that goes dresses up for halloween. I think I'm going to be a power ranger!

[color=darkred][SIZE=2][font=verdana]Ahh. . good old haunted houses. . . *sigh* the biggest waste of money out there in my opinion. . (ok, one of the bigger. . not THE BIGGEST). . ummm, anyways.

My friends and I usually go to a couple haunted houses every year. We used to go to this one called Haunted Prison, and the highlight was a rather "unstable" bridge in a dark hall - deemed by us - the Black Hole. The thing about it was that there was a black cover all around the tunnel with holes poked through it. There was light behind the cover, and the cover itself would spin. This obviously messes with the human mind, and as you walk through the tunnel, you feel like it is pulling you to the side. It's a really awesome experience, and I don't know if I am giving it any justice in putting it down here, simply in words.

Anyways, that was usually the best thing about the prison, other then the fact that they had a pretty decent maze you could go through.

Well. . this year, they moved the prison into some warehouse, so we weren't in a hurry to go back there. Instead, we went to a place called The Haunted Castle *waits for scary music to play*. . . riiiight. Well. . the only good thing about this place was that it was decently long. . we went through it in about 30 - 45 minutes, which for MY haunted house experiences, was pretty long. There were a ton of twists and turns, and since we went with a few easily scared women, it was a lot of fun just to pop out and scare them every other turn :D

Two of the women that came with us were horrified with clowns, and most of the time, we just spent our time doing circus tunes which really freaked them out, lol. However, towards the end of the walk, I walked around a corner and just started bouncing with excitement. LOL, there was a huge glow in the dark painting of a giant clown's face! I was so happy, when my friend Becky walked around the corner, her eyes got real wide, then she just turned around and tried to run away. . We pulled the girls on, and my friend Mike went ahead to see if there were any 'real' clowns up ahead. Of course there were, and he told them that the girls were really scared of clowns. . he came out with this little bike horn, honking away at Becky, scaring the bejesus out of her. . . hahahaha. I don't think I would trade that for anything in my haunted house experiences (well. . except to have one of those black hole tunnels in my house). . Good stuff. . good stuff![/SIZE][/color][/font]

[color=indigo]I have never been a big fan of haunted houses, haunted trails, or any other charity type haunted hoopty-goop. Usually the groups that sponsor these events put very little effort into their project?at least that has been my experience, I am sure there have to be quite a few good elaborate, well thought events.

When I was eleven one of my uncles took my cousin and I to a creepy, old, condemned white farm house, and I remember being so incredibly frightened. We walked through the house and there were noises all over the place, it turned out that my dad had snuck ahead and was running through the house tapping on the walls and exposed pipes. I am sure that I had nightmares for several days afterwards. Now there is a Wal-Mart where the house used to be, progress huh?[/color]

[COLOR=darkblue]How about the real deal? Most of those are underrated, but someday I will visit those old bars and inns. I get frightened at the thought of the unknown, but at the same time, I wanna check it out for myself. I love hearing about ghosts, darkness and haunted tunnels.

Who knows? Maybe I'll get clawed by an angry demon.[/COLOR]

In my area (Philly region), there's the State Penitinary (which I want to go to but can't convince anyone to go with me), the Thirteenth Floor (which I heard was closed because of health issues and the fact no one wanted to sign that binding contract), and at least four or five other haunted houses/hayrides/mazes, as well as Dorney Park, Six Flags, and some other place I can't remember. So, if you're in the area sometime and feel like spending time with a girl you don't know in a jail cell, give me a call! ^_^

Man, I love haunted houses! Well, actually, i've never quite been to one but they still seem really cool. I have been to this really really really cool place about 30 or so minutes away from here. Its got a really cool Haunted Hay ride, which is really fun! There are a lot of people in scary costumes throughout the whole thing, and then there are different parts of the place like the forest, swamp, mad scientists, witches house, and so many other stuff. There is also a place where they have this pretty decent sized maze where there is a lot of creepy stuff inside, i was too scared to go through. Halloween is my ultimate favorite holiday, and i always get that special feeling. lsdjflkdajfsa!!!! Yay~!

I don't go to haunted houses, but I see a lot of spooky ones. Do the ones at carnivals count?!
Like whenever on my bus to school, we are on this road. It is a usually dark and damp and very alone looking place only having like 7 houses down the road, with dark cars.
Well there is this one house, oh it gave me shivers once I saw it. It is a long brick house with a white car parked. (Every time I go pass the house, the car is still there) It has a red garage door, chipped like crazy. Then there are brick steps and the screen door is old. The front door is red and chipped also with three little windows. It is a spooky looking house, one day I'm gonna go up here and dare my friends to go in there, I think it's abandoned. And also from Hurricane Isabel, leaves and things are scattered everywhere and the yard is a mess. Bottles and papers are on the lawn. And whenever we pass, the stuff is still there.
That road is just...dark. But that house really is old and just spooky.