Fav. Season?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Fav. Season?

• Winter
    • Spring
    • Summer
    • Fall/Autumn

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PhoenixFlame [/i]
[B]Well about the paragraph stuff paragraphs should be four or five sentances which is why i didnt put it in paragraph form,i dont seperate sentances into paragraphs of two sentances each.(No im not mocking you either, but there was no need for me to post in paragraphs because it was already a paragraph like all my other posts). As for the spaceing between sentances i messed up in three places ok? I missed those places alright? I did not do that intentionally (again no need to put into paragraphs because it is only five sentances). [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Well, PheonixFlame...all your posts are in one long, run-on sentence.

If you look at posts from people such as Sara, PiroMunkie, Drix and others, you can see that paragraphs are used to seperate things and keep the post nice and clear.

They're also used to seperate different specific ideas.

So, I'm just lending you some advice. This is the same advice that I offer to other OBers, so don't think that I'm specifically picking on you. Some people's posts really improve remarkably after a while at OB...no doubt because the staff here really try to encourage quality and thought in posts.[/color]

Guest PhoenixFlame
Well...I don't see how that would work, I'd get griped out by someone saying that im using incorrect grammar or something thanks for the advice but i doubt that will work as i said earlier. As for it being a run on sentance, your wrong there one i put commas in them and two, i only put like 3 commas in a sentance at the most.Thanks for trying to help me out but someones gonna gripe about it just to try and get me in trouble (no I'm not paranoid but i wouldn't put it past some people here).

[B]Well...I don't see how that would work, I'd get griped out by someone saying that im using incorrect grammar or something thanks for the advice but i doubt that will work as i said earlier. As for it being a run on sentance, your wrong there one i put commas in them and two, i only put like 3 commas in a sentance at the most.Thanks for trying to help me out but someones gonna gripe about it just to try and get me in trouble (no I'm not paranoid but i wouldn't put it past some people here). [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Do people gripe at me for using incorrect grammar? Nope. Making paragraph spacing in your posts isn't going to get you in trouble; it'll simply make your posts easier.

And when I talk about run-on sentences, I'm saying that you are attaching one sentence to another without any spaces between your periods.

All I'm saying is that it can be hard to read. So, please break things up a bit with spacing. I'd like this topic to get back on track now, so please, if you want to discuss this further, use the Private Messaging system.[/color]

Spring. Come to think of it, Spring is my favorite season, because ?love is in the air.? Spring is a time when all the gorgeous women here at Rutgers start dressing in a way that increases the tightness of male pantaloons. The trees are in full bloom, the temperature is at a nice 69 or 72 degrees, the birds are chirping. There is, for the most part, clear, blue skies. But most importantly, gorgeous [i]college[/i] women in modest yet drool-inducing attire. Am I?sexist? Yep. Chauvinistic? Yep. Male? Yep. ?Springtime For Rutgers.?

Now on with the grammar check.

[B]I love the winter for a few reasons, reason one, I LOVE THE COLD! (Don't say capitalizing things when im yelling something or seriously mean it is incorrect grammar ok?Thanks.Also do not say that saying thanks in one sentance is incorrect grammar too ok?Because it is correct grammar.) I love ice, I'm basically the opposite of a pyromaniac, when i was about 11 years old i used to freeze my toys in glasses of water just for fun. One of the toys i froze was one of those eyeballs with a liquid inside a plastic container that had the eyeball inside, the eyeball still looked up! (If you consider that as off topic, it isn't because it explains why I like the cold and why i like winter.) There you go that is why I like the winter. [/B][/QUOTE]

I love the winter for a few reasons[color=red].[/color]

[color=red]One, I LOVE THE COLD! (two spaces here)[/color] Don't say capitalizing things [color=red]is incorrect[/color] when [color=red]I?m[/color] yelling something or seriously mean it[color=red], Okay? Thanks. Also,[/color] do not say that saying thanks in one [color=red]sentence[/color] is incorrect grammar[color=red], too, because[/color] it is correct grammar[color=red]. (two spaces here)[/color] I love ice[color=red], so I'm[/color] basically the opposite of a pyromaniac[color=red]. When I was about 11 years old, I[/color] used to freeze my toys in glasses of water just for fun. [color=red](two spaces here)[/color] One of the toys [color=red]that I froze[/color] was [color=red]the liquid suspension eye sphere, in which the eye continually was facing up.[/color] (If you consider that as off topic, it isn't because it explains why I like the cold and why [color=red]I[/color] like winter.)[color=red]. (two spaces here) There you go; that is why I like the winter.[/color]

By the way, ?Thanks.? That?s a sentence fragment, which is a most heinous grammatical error. It?s not correct grammar. Don?t argue with me on this. I?m an English Major and I?m going to be teaching English. And also, ALL CAPS is frowned upon in all writing and scribing endeavors. Using ALL CAPS does not make one look intelligent. If anything, it makes them look even more grammatically-challenged, in that they can?t express their views without resorting to ?shouting.?

Guest PhoenixFlame
yes i put all these errors in here just to annoy you poison have fun proofr33ding

You see what I mean? This proves my point right here. Also Poison, the internet is not made to make me look intelligent I do not give a crap if i look like A idiot or not ok?!(I'm sick and tired of this BULLCRAP, yes i did use all caps. Whats pathetic is when someone proofreads your message just to gripe about INCORRECT GRAMMUR.) .AND if this annoyed any admins sorry but im pretty annoyed by people correcting me for no reason trying to get me in trouble with you guys.

[size=1] If you want to sound like a five-year-old, by all means, sound like one. Be a premature, presedated 17-year-old; for that is how old it says you are in your signature. And I find it funny that that is how old I be.

But there's no buzzing in be; and in bee, there buzz a hive of stings.

I do not believe I have answered my favorite season. Well, I say fall. It's when my birthday is--it has a creepy feel to it--I love the cold-warm weather, and I like the leaves.[/size]

Guest PhoenixFlame
[COLOR=indigo]
I've deleted what PheonixFlame has posted on this thread.

Whoever may read this, keep in mind what I'm doing is for a purpose. What PheonixFlame so graciously posted is what is known as SPAM. His post made absolutely ZERO relevent sense to the topic on hand. Not only that, he posted a merely single sentence. I truly feel bad for members who post like this, as their stay on Otakuboards shall be bitter and short. I hope this warning shall serve the more intelligent new-members in the future. Thank you for listening. ~Drix[/COLOR]

[B]

You see what I mean? This proves my point right here. Also Poison, the internet is not made to make me look intelligent I do not give a crap if i look like A idiot or not ok?!(I'm sick and tired of this BULLCRAP, yes i did use all caps. Whats pathetic is when someone proofreads your message just to gripe about INCORRECT GRAMMUR.) .AND if this annoyed any admins sorry but im pretty annoyed by people correcting me for no reason trying to get me in trouble with you guys. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]I can assure you that PoisonTongue isn't getting you into trouble with any of the staff.

Your post quality needs to improve. If you look at our site's rules, you'll see that we do require effort in posts. That's how this site is...and every site has its own particular requirements.

So, we ask people to drop the way they might usually post elsewhere and to focus on quality here. It isn't much to ask for a few paragraph spaces and some correct spelling.

In any case, I've [i]already[/i] asked for this discussion to be carried out via PM. I'll be pruning posts if that doesn't happen soon.

EDIT: Okay, I see that PheonixFlame has already been banned. I'll leave my post here in any case, as I think it serves as a reminder to others.[/color]

[color=crimson] [size=1]Color and weather-wise, definately autumn. Fashion-wise, winter. That's basically what my closet is full of. But Fall's good, since you get candy [i]and[/i] turkey. Pumpkin pie isn't so bad, either.[/color] [/size]

:D I love winter, the skies as the sun sets are beautiful, and everything looks amazing with a layer of snow on it. Besides, most of my happiest and most fun memories are of winter. :D

And when it's too cold, you can go inside and warm up. How do you escape from heat. And the summer sun hurts my eye and makes me sneeze.

I like spring too, if it gets warm enough. :D

[COLOR=darkblue]Dark, cold, and at the same time, sunny and enlightening. Such is the qualities of winter, and I'm a lot like winter. But then that causes you to snuggle under the covers at night, all warm and secure.[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
Um... I like winter. Winter is fun in Depew(usually).I like it when we get, like, 4 feet of snow. You can build forts, and tunnels, and snowballs, and snowmen, and stuff. FUN!! I very much dislike it when we get only a few inches of snow because 1) it gets in the way- there is nothing to do with it and 2) It is so cold, and you can't make a fort to stay cozy in. Still, Winter is FUN!!

*sigh* I need a buddy.

My favorite season, out of all the four, is winter. Watching snowfalls in the morning and the middle of the night is beautiful.

I'm a November baby. My mom told me the day I was born, a snowfall began. She said I would be looking all around, but my eyes were focused on the falling snow. I don't remember that, really, but I can tell it was beautiful. Winter is a wonderful season.:excited:

[color=midnightblue]Bah, Spring and Winter are too cheerful. I suppose that the latter half of the year is my favorite, though December and January really are on the top of my list.

I was born in December, and ever since then I've loved the calm, peaceful aura that comes from the month. I had my first taste of Winter this past week. My family and I all sat in the family room by our fireplace and watched A Christmas Story. What a classic movie. But that family-oriented feel is one of those things that makes me wear a wide smile on my face.

Plus both my birthday [i]and[/i] Christmas are in December, but I won't get into that little materialistic fact..

I would love fall more, but here in Southern California I find fall to be ugly. We have no crimson or golden leaves in this town. Just brown. A dead brown.. It is kind of depressing, when I compare what we have here in November to what New England has. I'd like to go to New Hampshire or something in the Fall some time in my life.[/color]

[color=firebrick]I've always had a soft spot for fall/winter, myself....

All that crisp air that revitalizes every single fiber in your body.
[SIZE=1][color=darkred]and makes your nose runny...[/SIZE][/color]
The sound of crunching leaves/snow.
[SIZE=1][color=darkred]that makes you jump out of your skin when it's dark and no one else is around...[/SIZE][/color]
The dazzling sunlight reflecting on the snow-covered ground.
[SIZE=1][color=darkred]which makes you blind like a bat...[/SIZE][/color]
The ice that's lurking [i]under[/i] the snow...
[SIZE=1][color=darkred]the sound of bones breaking as you trip on before mentioned ice....[/SIZE][/color]
[color=chocolate]
Although I seem to be just as happy when each season kicks in. Apart from summer when it's scorching hot.
I can't stand not being able to breathe. [/color]

[SIZE=3][b]Anyone up for a snowball fight ? ^_^[/b][/SIZE]

- Mimmi[/color]

I like autumn best; it's crisp and cool and cloudy, with no pretense of being any sort of extreme. The Earth seems rather tranquilly aloof instead of starkly barren or forcedly cheery. I guess I just appreciate the metaphor for honesty and subtle enotional eloquence I see in fall.

Having my birthday then is a perk, too.

[color=royalblue]I just love winter! I live were it gets up to 100+ in the summer and you feel like you are going to melt and the only time of year that it is normal is the winter. I use to live in Mass. and I miss the snow living down and out here. Plus i think that it is easier to get warm with a love one when it is cold out side.:smooch:
THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout:

I love fall so much! That is the whole reason why I have been in such a good mood lately!

Fall to me, isn't too hot like summer and not to cold like Winter + It isn't tornado season and it doesn't storm alot. I also like how the tree change colors. Its so pretty. It does rain a bit, but it doesn't rain up to 5 - 8 inches in one day like it does in spring.

I also just like the smell (Yes, I think seasons have a smell)
Fall and winter seem to have a smoky smell (hard to explain.) Like there is a fire near by, but fall isn't as smoky... Does anyone get what im saying?

ah. all of the seasons have their strong points, the new life of spring, the foliage of fall (frolicking in leaves) but my favorites are summer and winter. summer provides me with the opportunity to swim everyday for as long as i want, and winter allows me to frolic in the snow skiing, or just playing like building forts. ahh winter is comming, cant wait to watch the snow fall, a truely entrancing sight. *smiles staring off into space*