• Kyo the cat
    • Shigure the dog
    • Hatori the dragon/ seahorse
    • Hatsuharu the Ox/ cow
    • Ayme the snake
    • Hiro the sheep
    • Akito head of house
    • Momiji the Rabbit

Almost all my freinds are madly in love with Kyo. Why, I don't know. I like Hatori and Shigure, and my one freind likes Hatsuharu, and another of my freinds likes Yuki. But almost all of them are obsessed with Kyo!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have news for your Fruits Basket nuts like me, there is a new Fruits Basket Season coming soon. Japan just finished it and we are going to get it soon. If you already heard what i wrote, i'm sorry i just wanted to say something. If you want to know more about anything just email me or post, I'd be happy to answer them since i'm almost done with finals...... :animesmil

[COLOR=#503F86]I've not actually watched the first Fruits Basket season yet, but I'm excited to hear there's going to be more, hehe. Let's hope it lives up to the expectations of the first.

Anyway, welcome to OtakuBoards, Dark'sgirl15. I merged your thread with the existing Fruits Basket topic. Please be sure to check before starting a new thread about a specific anime that there isn't one already open. You can do so by looking through the Official Threads Directory Sticky at the top of the forum display, or by running a search. Either way, keeping all of the discussion to do with one anime in one thread makes things a lot tidier, heh.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Dark'sgirl15']I have news for your Fruits Basket nuts like me, there is a new Fruits Basket Season coming soon. Japan just finished it and we are going to get it soon. If you already heard what i wrote, i'm sorry i just wanted to say something. If you want to know more about anything just email me or post, I'd be happy to answer them since i'm almost done with finals...... :animesmil[/quote]

I'm sorry...can you repeat that? :animeblus I don't think I heard you right.

what do you mean a new fruits basket season?....where did you hear that? I haven't heard of any fruits basket out in japan...they would have made a big deal about it...at least my friend that is now in japan and knows I am a fanatic of the season would....

Can you give me a website where you heard this....if this is true...it is wonderful news indeed :animesmil

on the side:
I just got volume 9 from borders and nothing is from the anime...so it is like a brand new book...and the stuff that is coming out is incredible
not really a spoiler....it is a little vague....but I'll put it in spoilers anyways
[spoiler] they finally introduce the horse and hint at the rooster!! and they way they hint at him is cool..[/spoiler]

we also find out something new about kyo's destiny as the year of the cat. Very interesting indeed. It just keeps getting better and better.

The good news is that natsuki (the author) is back from haitus and has just started to continue the story plot. though we, in the states, are very much behind...it is still a relief to see it is still continueing.

Guest RosePetaldoll
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Magenta]ther has never ever ever been a doubt in my mind that fruits basket is the best anime/manga!! it is sooo sweet and cute and funny! all the charecters are soo unique that you have never seen in another anime. in this anime you'll be laughing as your crying out of pity for the woderful sohma family with tohru[/COLOR].[/FONT] [IMG]http://http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/RosePetaldoll/fruitsbasket_new003.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/RosePetaldoll/kyoholdtohru.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y211/RosePetaldoll/katlincat.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]omg i love fruits basket. it is like one of my all time favorites. i have it on dvd i can't wait til the new season comes out. :D i just can't wait. :rolleyes: i love kyo :catgirl: :love2: hes so hot tempered and so nice at the same time. i like yuki and haru to they are so cute and lovable :animeshy: :D
[/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

Fruits Basket is amazing, it has so many feelings emitting from all the characters. Fave guy has to be Hatori or Hatsuharu and fave girl has to be Hanajima. lalala.... oh Manabe is cool as well :)

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]I know how I posted previously on the fact that Funi was going to hold their Paper Crane Project. They've started, however, reading an interview with Akitaro Daichi, the creator of Furuba, and he stated that he had no plans whatsoever to continue Fruits Basket.

"This is definitely the most asked question I get...in Japan and America. So obviously hearing my response everybody is disappointed and mildly depressed, but I have absolutely no plans to continue Fruits Basket at this moment...

One of the reasons why Fruits Basket is done is because the people that worked on the project, myself included, feel that it is artisically complete by itself."

That's kind of sad, but I can see his point. Your thoughts?[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Touma Seguchi][FONT=Palatino Linotype]One of the reasons why Fruits Basket is done is because the people that worked on the project, myself included, feel that it is artisically complete by itself."

That's kind of sad, but I can see his point. Your thoughts?[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]
When I first finished watching this series a while ago, I knew that the story wasn't truly completed, but then again, I wasn't like dying to want to watch more - if that makes any sense :animeswea In terms of the anime, it would be nice if they continued it, but then I figured that I could always go to the manga to find out what happens in the end.

Hmm...I think that it was...either volume 8 or 9 of the manga that takes off where the anime ends. But then again, some of the sequence of events in the anime are not completely lined up to the manga. Hehe, I'd definitely start collecting the manga to find out what happens and to meet the rest of the members. Man, this is the same situation as with [B]Rurouni Kenshin [/B]-- the second season was blah, and to truly find out about the best arc & ending you'd have to read the manga [and no, the OVAs do NOT count because they just barely scratch the surface of the coolness of the Jinchuu arc :animeangr][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Art Master]Who is your favorite fruit basket character?And why? Mine is Shigure.I don't know why, he just is.Well please post yours!

Art Master :D[/QUOTE]

:animesmil :catgirl:
Well, this is one of my favorite anime's and it really is depressing :animecry: and Awesome at the same time! My favorite Furuba Character is [COLOR=Red]Hatsuharu[/COLOR]!!!!
Why? Well, he has awesome taste in his Jewelrys!!! ;)
Plus his personality, is just wicked!!! :animestun
He rocks! One of my other favorite characters that kind of resembles me is [COLOR=Red]Tohru Honda![/COLOR]She is Hilarious! :animesmil
:animeshy:

Shigure is cool too, I mean him and his three musketeer freinds!
Ayame and Hatori!!YAAAY!!! Go them!!! :animesmil

I like fruits basket as it makes me feel better every time i watch it. When it comes to my fav character, it is mojimi :) He is indeed an usagi. Always positive, childish, trying to have fun and cute. Would like to have a brother like that :D

I'm farely new in the anime world, and have only seriously gotten into it quite recently. I've read some about Fruits Basket (mainly due to this thread), and it seems quite interesting. Do you think it is a good show to start a collection? Or is it more for the veteran anime fans?

[quote name='Otohime']I'm farely new in the anime world, and have only seriously gotten into it quite recently. I've read some about Fruits Basket (mainly due to this thread), and it seems quite interesting. Do you think it is a good show to start a collection? Or is it more for the veteran anime fans?[/quote]
This depends on your tastes. If you [i]only[/i] like action-heavy shows, if sweetness and optimism make you want to vomit, or if anime-style comedy in general just turns you off, you should probably avoid Fruits Basket. Otherwise, there's simply no excuse not to see it. :catgirl:

It's very hard to find people who dislike Fruits Basket. Certainly, there are those who feel indifferent toward it, but you'll find that many of them skew primarily toward blood-heavy anime and usually don't enjoy shoujo. In many ways, Fruits Basket is one of the safest and easiest anime to recommend because it's so darn loveable, heart-warming and well-balanced.

Plus, the box set can be purchased quite cheaply. It's not my favorite show or anything like that, but I can't think of a better series with which to jump-start a new anime collection.

~Dagger~

Love filled, cute confussions are just up my street for anime. I've recently seen Love Hina and if it is anything at all like that I will love it!
I think I will probably be more enclined to like cute funny anime compared to blood filled gore fests, but I have not really seen enough to judge. But I will deffinately keep my eye out for some. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
furuba iz jus sssoo cuteu guyz jus hav 2 reed the manga..wel there r so far 17 volumez in japan..n e 1 reed it?(if u r japaneses like me)sory :animeswea ever sins i got like obsesd with evrythin ive been boastin..actualy i show of 2 much hehe wel kyo iz sooooooo cute i jus hav a thing 4 orange n orange haired dudez..wel if u want kyo he iz mine so bak off... :animeangr hehe wel if u havent red it u shod..cuz it iz so good :animesigh wel ciao n don 4get me ;)

[CODE][QUOTE=TokiOsaka][color=darkorchid]Hey, Toki here, just wanted to let everyone know.....[spoiler]Akito is a girl, not a boy.[/spoiler] I know this for a fact, I know the author of Furuba personally. She's quite nice![/CODE]

ya itz wen he haz ***** rite? r u japanese if ur plz let me now ive been lookin 4 japanese people 2 chat with cuz..i jus mis japan..i went 2 japan last summer..al my relativez liv ther..every single one of them..wel did u reed furuba vol.17 do u rely now takaya natsuki in person like hav u met her tel me plz!!!

[/color][COLOR=#503F86]I merged your two responses together- don't double-post in future. If there's something you want to add to your original reply, you can use the 'Edit' button located in the lower right corner of the post. -Solo[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
:catgirl: :catgirl:,[FONT=Georgia] [COLOR=DarkOrchid]fruits basket is one of my favorite animes,it's such a touching and imaginative story,I love how Natsuki Takaya-sensei has portrayed these characters,they each have something about them that makes them unique and apart from all the others,this is a great anime i would recommend it to any new or old otaku,[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I feel like adding my two cents, as the saying would go to the little post area around here. So here goes nothing, FRUITS BASKET ROCKS MY SOCKS! Umm ya ok now down to why, if anyone has seen the anime (as i am sure some of you have) you have just got to agree thats its pretty darn god. I just re watched it (i have the box set so ya....) and well i just feel back in love with the story, it not only has a funny comical side to it ((supplied by all the characters but mostly Kyo Yuki and Shigure)) but also a serious side, (supplied by Tohru, Hatori, and even Akito). It has all diferent generes(sp?) to it including romance action, comedy, and a few other things. To not fall in love with all the characters is a shame in my mind.

I believe anyone who watches the show even non anime likers will agree that the show is pretty good and the mangas are too, ((unfortunatly i am only up to 6 :( )). Yet everyone can love it right? The quick responses from the rat, also known as Yuki are just so funny and well the memories tohru displays are just remarkable. We could all learn lessons, that should be learned anyway from this show. I believe that the show should be re aired ((if its not i mean, i dont look at much TV anymore)) and continued. Thats pretty much my two cents on Fruits basket. Now just to add my two cents bout the characters.

I am so totally in love with Kyo, I swear to god if you can be in love with an animation then I am. I most certainly bet that there are others out there that say the same thing. I also love hatsuharu and his split personality what good anime would be complete without the little nut? Momiji is cool too he may seem young but the episode where he tels about his mother its just so touching to me, I like cry everytime! the older characters expecially shigure are fun to think about to. I believe that this show and manga have ben thought out very well and that who ever came out with it should get like an award or something.

Well I believe I have said anough, and for those wondering my name is Ariel and i am so totally in love Fruits Basket.

Oh and i just read this but someone said that there is a new season of Fruits Basket? Oh My God! Someone find out if this is true or not i would absulutely love it!

[quote name='frubafan4eva']Oh and i just read this but someone said that there is a new season of Fruits Basket? Oh My God! Someone find out if this is true or not i would absulutely love it![/quote]
FUNimation is trying to rally support for the production of a second season. Akitaroh Daichi has indicated that he's interested in animating the rest of the manga. Whether this will actually add up to something substantial remains to be seen, but it's better than nothing.

~Dagger~

Oh thanks for the information dagger person, now I shall keep my fingers crossed for another anime of fruits basket.

And YAY! I was fially able to lik adjust my signature and avater(sp?) to the right thing! Now i really am Fruits Basket Obsessed.

---------

Hmm seeing as this is the Fruits Basket topic i thought i would ask if any of you have read the 11th and 12th manga books? If so PM me i just got them and i dont want to ruin for everyone else but they are just so totally awsome! Dont you think so? well PM if you want......

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Ok. First of all I have never seen nor heard any of Fruit Basket. However, after reading all of these things about how great the series is, it has made me decide to go and check it out. I mean if Frutis Basket is as good as all of you people say it is. That i guess very very very small part of me that likes that kind of things shall check it out. Besides, I'm always out looking to go and try new things anyways. :animesmil [/COLOR]

[quote name='sand dragon 19][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']Ok. First of all I have never seen nor heard any of Fruit Basket. However, after reading all of these things about how great the series is, it has made me decide to go and check it out. I mean if Frutis Basket is as good as all of you people say it is. That i guess very very very small part of me that likes that kind of things shall check it out. Besides, I'm always out looking to go and try new things anyways. :animesmil [/COLOR][/quote]

Hey glad to see a new possible fan yay! Anywho i doubt you wont like the series i mean it has a bit of everything in it, atleast thats my overveiw of it. God i am becoming to obsessed oh well.....and why am i the only one like ever here? Ahh well what ever just ya fruits basket is a definate series to go check out, the manga is great and gets even better in the later books and the anme totally rocks as well i totally say to go and check it out.