• Shigure the dog
    • Hatori the dragon/ seahorse
    • Hatsuharu the Ox/ cow
    • Ayme the snake
    • Hiro the sheep
    • Akito head of house
    • Momiji the Rabbit

Guest ChiSohma-chan
[quote name='Utena_Tenjou']My favorite charactor is Kyou and Hatsuharu and my favorite episode is the last one.(It's so sweet! ^_^)[/quote]

:catgirl: You said your favorite charachter is Kyo (and Hastuharu) right? well you do know that it's spelled without the u in japanese right? why am I asking you these questions
:animesigh ..I know it's because i'm obbssed with KYO SOHMA :D I LOVE HIM AND IF I COULD I WOULD MAKE HIM MINE!!! I AM NOT KAGURA!!!! :animecry: (runs around the house destroying everything) RAAAAAGH!!!! I LOVE YOU KYO!!!!! XD

====================================

[quote name='kurin']I think Touru should end up with Kyo. I May have a crush on Kyo but Touru helps Kyo out is so many different ways and if Kyo's happy I'm happy.[/quote]

:love2: FINALLY!!1 someone who thinks that kyo should be wiht tohru!!!!even though I love kyo I too would want for him to be happy no matter what :catgirl: but if i could i would make Kyo MINE!!! :demon: and leave tohru withsome other guy!!:blowup:...hypothetically of course :sweat: heh heh heh :animeshy: :animeswea ....

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][INDENT]ChiSohma-chan,
Welcome to Otakuboards. Let it be known that double posting is not allowed. If you wish to add something to your post, use the "Edit Post" button. I merged the two posts you had together, and I shortened the quote down to what you were specifically replying to. You don't have to quote the entire post, especially if they're longer than your main post. Having such long quotes makes the boards messier and more difficult to read.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods. -r2[/INDENT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Okay. I [I]finally[/I] got the final DVD in the Fruits Basket anime series from the library last Friday. My little sister and I watched it and liked it a lot. She was actually anxious to see Ayame in a wedding dress.
But anyway, we got to the last chapter (a.k.a. scence) in the last episode and...

-cue dramatic music-

the disc was scratched so badly it skipped right to the credits. This was after [spoiler]Tohru says,"I don't know" (to why she was there to see Akito) and Akito grabs her by the hair and the guys jump up to help her.[/spoiler]

So what I am getting to is...what happened next? I tryed my darndest to clean the disc and anything I could think of, but the disc wouldn't work.
And before anyone says,"Take it back to the library and see if they can do something about it" here is the thing. The DVD was sent from a library out of my county.

Thanks for any help! [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR][INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]
Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]Momiji Love[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Fruits Basket thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Indigo][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Indigo][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[quote name='Momiji Love][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]the disc was scratched so badly it skipped right to the credits. This was after [spoiler]Tohru says,"I don't know" (to why she was there to see Akito) and Akito grabs her by the hair and the guys jump up to help her.[/spoiler] [/FONT] [/SIZE'] [/COLOR][/quote]

[size=1]What happens afterwards is... well.. this is from memory seeing as how I've watched this series so many times now. :::
[spoiler]Akito says something along the lines of "Do you think by staying with the Sohmas you can change anything?"
By now, Tohru is crying, and in response, she says "It must've been very painful Akito. Being told the day you were born you were going to die. It must've been so, so painful."
Enraged, Akito yellos. "What was, what do you know about it?"
Her voice was trembling as she says "You're right. I can't even imagine how awful it would be to hear something like that." Or something of the sort. "Shigure, Yuki, and Kyo, and Hatori, too! I'm sure they feel the same way. And when you pass away, we'll be sad, we'll be very sad to lose you."
"Who's going to be sad." Akito says. "Everyone is able to live thanks to me. They all hope I'll be gone quickly. I was born in order to die. That was what was decided."
"But why? Who decided it to be like that anyways. Akito, you're alive right now, aren't you?"
"Alive?! You call THIS being alive? It's been decided! IT'S BEEN DECIDED! And they never even asked me!" At this line Akito says, Hatori, Shigure and Yuki then look up, amazed that he said that.
"I... I didn't know my mom was going to die."
"SILENCE! Stop talking." He then orders Hatori to erase "this girl's" memories. Hatori pauses, not moving. "HATORI!"
"I wanted her to live a long time. I wanted her to be here to watch me."
"Stop crying, stop it. Stop crying."
"And I don't know what your family's curse is, but I'm happy. I'm happy I know you, Akito. And I don't regret meeting you or anyone. Not at all. I want to know you, please tell me how you feel. Even if you're angry, bitter, or frustrated. That's okay. Because the important thing is, right now Akito... You're alive."
At this, Akito is stunned, he releases her hair, and pushes Shigure and Yuki away. Stepping back, he pauses.
"I don't know." He says very calmly.
The scene changes to Tohru walking home in the woods with a plastic bag in her hand. She walks to the woods and sees the house where Shigure, Yuki and Kyo lives, seeing Kyo on the roof.
The scene changes again to Kyo jumping off the gate and walks over to a Hatori, Shigure, Yuki and Tohru who are walking out of the building.
"Hey!" He runs up to them. "Well, c'mon you damn rat! What happened in there?" Tohru looks up, surprised.
"Oh, well, nothing really. I guess it was presumptious of me to think anything would change if I came here today."
"Oh no, that's not true at all." Hatori adds in.
"Indeed, it's not." Shigure says.
"What're you talking about?" Kyo spoke with attitude, like usual.
"Oh nothing. Just thinking out loud." Shigure laughs.
"No you weren't!" Kyo screams.
"I promise to tell you when we get home." Says Tohru.
"And Kyo, we should have a fight when we get home." Yuki says while looking at his hands. Everyone looks at him in surprise.
"So you're finally ready to face the music huh? About time." Yuki walks away and Kyo chases after him. "I'm not letting you out of my sight!"
"Ah!" Shigure says while he's walking between him and Hatori. "I see he's feeling lively again today."
"Yes, well you seemed pretty lively yourself back there." Hatori responds.
"I suppose. Not that it really made that much of a difference." Says Shigure.
"It's still not too late though. We may be able to find something, even now."
"I guess, so as long as we decide what we're looking for."
"And even if we can't, there's always the next time around."
"Yes there is." Shigure turns to Tohru as Hatori turns to her, too. "Shall we take it slowly then?"
"Hey! I don't care if it's left overs or what, I gotta eat! I'm starving here!" Kyo yells.
"Coming!" Tohru runs by as Hatori and Shigure look down on her with a smile on their faces.
Akito is seen sitting against the door looking up to the sky, thinking.
It then goes to Tohru talking to her mom about how things may be hard some time, but she's still trying. Scenes go from Yuki, Tohru and Kyo walking the hallways at school, Uo, Tohru and Hana (who are chasing away the fangirls with her electric strand of hair), then back to the seen where Tohru's looking at the house. Kyo looks up at her, and Yuki walks out looking up at her. She waves, then walks to the house.
Fin.[/spoiler]
And those are basically the quotations from the last episode. Sorry. It's long.[/size]

• 3 months later...
I have a lot of friends who argue that Tohru should either be paired up with Yuki or Kyo. Both of them have equal chances with Tohru. I think Tohru should go with Yuki because there are so many more 'moments' with those two, in the anime and in the manga. And plus, Yuki is so much sweeter than Kyo. What do you guys think? [INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Seagreen][B]Anime_Kami[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Fruits Basket thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Seagreen][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Seagreen][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL] . If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

• 6 months later...
[color=darkred]I searched and searched for this thread just so I could ask this question:

Does anyone who happens to own the DVDs know how to find some kind of secret on them?

I know that doesn't help much but I'm looking for some kind of hidden feature on either the first or third DVDs. I've found it before I just don't remember how I got to it. All I remember is that once you punch it in correctly Chris Sabet says something like "Congratulations, you've just figured out how to use your remote." Basically its just a bunch of the english cast talking with each other.

I know on the fourth disc Justin Cook goes around asking the cast about the production of the anime but I don't think that's it. I also know that on the first and third discs you go to the extras menu and type in 10 and you get something but I think it's the blooper reel. Awhile back I also found a clip from anime insider that said on the first disc you go to the character profiles and punch in: left, down, right, up, left, enter and you should get something but it doesn't work for me.

Can anyone help me?[/color]

• 1 year later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]Fruits Basket is the newest series, at least new for me, that I am now watching. I've gotten through six episodes so far and it's definitely well worth taking the time to check out. I don't even know how to explain it since the idea of part of a family being cursed by the zodiac, so that some of it's members turn into [spoiler]animals from the zodiac when either hugged by a member of the opposite sex or stressed,[/spoiler] is a big weird. And yet, the whole situation with the transformations and all is just downright hilarious at times. XD

I really love Tohru Honda and her upbeat and cheerful personality, the way she always sees something good in life is refreshing and I love that. Her friends at school are fun too, Arisa Uotani and Saki Hanajima.

I also get the biggest kick out of how poor Yuki and Kyo are always [spoiler]fighting[/spoiler] Though at the same time it's rather ironic how deep down on some level they seem to [spoiler]envy traits that the other one has.[/spoiler]

And who could miss the perverted Shigure! XD Oh how his shenanigans just make me smile! [spoiler]High school girls![/spoiler] *laughs wildly* :catgirl:[/FONT]

I LOVE Fruits Basket!!!I've read all the manga so far and I've watched all 26 episodes of the anime!!! I LOVE Shigure and Ayame!!!:excited: GO FRUITS BASKET!!! It is my first and favorite manga! I love that it's so funny! YAY FOR FUNNY! Sorry if I'm being weird...I just really like Fruits Basket.:animeshy:

[FONT=Arial]I'm actually more offended you misspelled "offend". :p

However, "needing more action and killing" is the single worst reason for hating an anime that I have ever heard, next to the one that claims it's ruining our culture. I don't care for Furuba either, but I don't presume to tell the authors what to write. If you added "action and killing" into Furuba, the storyline would go straight to hell.

Also, stories tend to get told more successfully if the characters stay alive. You kill everyone and you have Death Note. [I]*shot*[/I][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Tomboyodoom;811410]I'm sorry to all those I affend but I can't stand Fruits Basket! [/QUOTE]No one expects you to like every anime show out there. However I am going to comment on these other erroneous statements of yours:[quote name='Tomboyodoom;811410]It's all lovey-dovey crap like that![/QUOTE]Uh, you're missing the point, it's not a show about killing nor about action scenes so it can hardly be called crap if it's true to the type of story it's mean to be. And that is a comedy, drama and romance with a dash of the supernatural tossed in for fun.[QUOTE=Tomboyodoom''] It needs more action and killing! Again: I am sorry to all those I affend![/quote]No it doesn't need action and killing, because if you tossed that in... it wouldn't be Fruits Basket anymore now would it?

I think the phrase you are looking for is, [I]I don't like it because I prefer anime with action and killing in it[/I]. Saying something is crap/garbage/etc is pointless and really unnecessary; because that is opinion only, your opinion.

Just as expecting a show to have it is unnecessary too, I really dislike pointless killing and slaughter, but why should anime producers only make shows that I would like, or that you would? Diversity in media is a good thing, because then everyone can find something to watch that they enjoy. ;) [/FONT]

Fruits Basket was actually my first serious introduction to anime. One of my friends *pokes Crystia* decided that I needed to be [I]educated[/I] in something[I] besides[/I] classical music. So the end result was watching this show. It was wonderfully funny and the characters downright lovable, so I started looking at other stuff and that led to my joining OtakuBoards.

It's hard to pick a defining moment or reason as to why I like this show. To borrow from Anime News Network... Fruits Basket is a show mixing in a dash of comedy, a bit of wisdom, a pinch of cuteness, and a whole lot of grief.

Fruits Basket is easily one of the most enjoyable shows I've watched so far. And as it also says at Anime News Network: The show possesses a great sense of humor, varying from slapstick comedy, to perverted comments, to scenes that just seem to parody the entire shoujo genre (like pastel cherry blossoms and sparkly hair), but its real strength lies in the ability to portray feelings of sorrow and heartbreak.

Everything in the review over at the other site is utterly true. Fruits Basket is a show that I've re-watched more than once since I first saw it. Because it is...[I] that[/I] good.

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]I finally finished this the other day. :catgirl: I'm kind of sad that it didn't end in the sense that it's clear there is more to the story. I'll have to read the manga to see how things work out in the end. I wouldn't mind though, I just loved the whole idea behind the series so I'm sure reading the manga would be fun.

Especially since there are characters that barely got introduced so I'd love to see more of their stories and how they fit into the whole deal. Anyway, overall I enjoyed it, enough that I'll probably re-watch it again sometime. If only for Shigure and his High School Girls routine! XD[/FONT]

Haha, I love Furuba. Back when it first came around in 2002 it was one of my favorite anime series.. actually it still is, really. I don't watch it all the time or anything, I used to.. xD; but I think it's awesome. All the characters are so likeable.. I'm also really into the manga. Well.. I finished it awhile ago, due to internet scanlations. The ending really surprised me.. who Tohru ended up with, and all. I won't spoil it, but I was really happy with the ending.

Awesome series, both the manga and the anime.

It's just a shame that the anime didn't go past.. what..? volume 8 of the manga. ;~;

Still good though. <3