• Kyo the cat
    • Shigure the dog
    • Hatori the dragon/ seahorse
    • Hatsuharu the Ox/ cow
    • Ayme the snake
    • Hiro the sheep
    • Akito head of house
    • Momiji the Rabbit

I think its pretty funny, I enjoy it, though I dont own any.
I have a question though. Why do you like the manga? I find that the animated stuff is much better because it gives a voice and an appearence to some of the characters which enhances their comedic element. What about you?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the manga because it has some stuff not shown in the show. For example I saw the episode of Kyo's true form, and then I read volume 6. I found both were quite different, so it's kinda fun comparing them both. Also the manga continues on, but the show has ended at episode 26.

Oh ok, I might have to check out the manga actually. Thats really cool, I recently saw the last episode and I was left with a feeling of "I want to move on" so thats great news that the Manga keeps going.

I also like the lure of extra content. This is what I love about manga (or dislike about some shows). It seems that some shows dont stay very close to the manga and they cut a bunch of stuff out.

Guest mistyrays
Fruits Basket just rocks!! :D

I do think that the fansub is much better! With their original voices and all... [I heard that Yuki is voiced by a girl! :eek:] I borrowed my friend's CDs which are in Mandarin with English subtitles. I just think that their voices become a bit... girlish... It does not fit for Kyon Kyon!!! :bawl: [Personally, I like Kyou best!! Yuki's 'too calm and composed' personality kind of freaked me out :huh: ]

I actually cried [the emotional side of me] when I watched the last 3 episodes of Fruits Basket. They're so touching... I better not say what they are about, though. [Spoilers, you see?] You guys must really watch it. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wife_of_alucard
[IMG]http://www.we-love-anime.com/../index.php?g=Helllsing[/IMG] [QUOTE=mistyrays]Fruits Basket just rocks!! :D

I do think that the fansub is much better! With their original voices and all... [I heard that Yuki is voiced by a girl! :eek:] I borrowed my friend's CDs which are in Mandarin with English subtitles. I just think that their voices become a bit... girlish... It does not fit for Kyon Kyon!!! :bawl: [Personally, I like Kyou best!! Yuki's 'too calm and composed' personality kind of freaked me out :huh: ]

I actually cried [the emotional side of me] when I watched the last 3 episodes of Fruits Basket. They're so touching... I better not say what they are about, though. [Spoilers, you see?] You guys must really watch it. :D[/QUOTE]

true yuki is kinda a girl like person and kyo is much funnier then yuki but they do have there moments when they do act the same but it just take 5 or 8 mins before kyo and yuki start at it

well i can kinda understand that yuki have a girlish voices because he kinda have a girl like personality but i dont understand is how kyo can have a girl like voice he is just.......kyo i dont how why they made him have a girl-like voice cause i can only understand yuki with that voice BUT NOT KYO but anyway we just have to accepted everythough it is really reall scary

[color=navy][size=1]Next time, please try to use periods a bit more liberally. Thanks. ^_~

~Dagger~[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=wife_of_alucard][IMG]http://www.we-love-anime.com/../index.php?g=Helllsing[/IMG]

true yuki is kinda a girl like person and kyo is much funnier then yuki but they do have there moments when they do act the same but it just take 5 or 8 mins before kyo and yuki start at it

well i can kinda understand that yuki have a girlish voices because he kinda have a girl like personality but i dont understand is how kyo can have a girl like voice he is just.......kyo i dont how why they made him have a girl-like voice cause i can only understand yuki with that voice BUT NOT KYO but anyway we just have to accepted everythough it is really reall scary

[color=navy][size=1]Next time, please try to use periods a bit more liberally. Thanks. ^_~

~Dagger~[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
What are you talking about?! Kyo doesnit have a girly voice. I've watch Fruits Basket in English and Japanese and Kyo has a man voice (only Yuki is the one with girly voice). The only thing that is wrong with Kyo's voice is that it is a little deeper than the English voice. XD

Has anyone noticed that in the English cast of Fruits Basket is the voice actor Justin Cook? He talks for Yusuke in Yu Yu Hakusho and He talks for Hatsuharu in fruits basket. I was pretty surprised when I found out (the first time I watched fruits basket and I heard Haru's voice I was like: "that sounds like Yusuke!" Sorry I have fun figuring out which anime characters have the same voices as other anime characters in other animes. (another example: Tohru = Keiko (from Yu Yu Hakusho) XD

• 4 weeks later...
Just started watching this series about a week ago and i love it. It has a very unique plot and all of the characters are extremely diverse and very likeable. The first episode kinda threw me off, the group of girls that were obsessed with Yuki were really annoying (especially when they spelled his name out with their bodies, that was just kind of wierd :animestun ) but after i got a few episodes into the series it's become one of my favorites. I really like how it can be really funny yet also really deep and emotional at the same time. I just watched episode 15 and that episode was a real tear-jerker first with the group visiting Tohru's [spoiler] mom's grave[/spoiler] and then the whole thing with Momiji's mom almost made me cry :animecry: but it was still a great episode :animesmil

im definately going to have to buy this series. (P.S. i really like the new set of Smilies)

I've also just started watching Fruits Basket - just finished ep 15 to be exact!
I love it. It's light hearted and can be fun while still having a good basic storyline and some seriousness as well.

I love Tohru she is a very upbeat bubbly kind of person who accepts things that happen and doesn't let it make her depressed. Also her interaction with the boys is very amusing to watch, sometimes it's like they're her big brothers sometimes it's like they're potential boyfriends.

I also like the fact that the series doesn't overplay [spoiler] the zodic people turn into animals. Once it was established that they do it happens quite rarely [/spoiler] so it's really just a part of the background rather than the be all and end all of the story. It could so easily have been overdone and ruined the storyline.

I'm still a bit confused as to how all the Soma family are connected to each other (ie which are brothers, cousins etc) but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually :D

Yeah Fruits Basket is an excellent series I won't say much because then I will spoil it but I can help out. SPOILERS MAYBE!! The only siblings I know is that Yuki and Ayame are brothers and Hiro had a younger sister. Everyone else are cousins. You only know this if you read the manga, it won't say in the anime. And the anime is great but the manga goes more in depth than the anime. There is a relationship between Rin adn Hiro (once again you only know Rin the horse if you read the manga) but I don't know what.

Guest Kagome Kirisawa
I Really Love the series. I Haven't read much of the manga but I am happy that it goes past the anime. I wanted the anime to keep going. It Sucks that it didn't

[QUOTE] Originally Posted by [B]animejunkee[/B]
[I]Has anyone noticed that in the English cast of Fruits Basket is the voice actor Justin Cook? He talks for Yusuke in Yu Yu Hakusho and He talks for Hatsuharu in fruits basket. I was pretty surprised when I found out (the first time I watched fruits basket and I heard Haru's voice I was like: "that sounds like Yusuke!" Sorry I have fun figuring out which anime characters have the same voices as other anime characters in other animes. (another example: Tohru = Keiko (from Yu Yu Hakusho) [/I] XD[/QUOTE][COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Yeah, I keep track of the voice actors, too. Since it's a company, you figure some of the voices will appear again. Here's a few more.
John Burgmeier = Shigure & Kurama
Chirstopher R. Sabat = Ayame & Kuwabara (Hard to believe, but yes...)
Jerry Jewell = Kyo & Jimmy (Case Closed)
Aaron Dismuke = Hiro & Alphonse (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Daimon Clarke = Kazuma Sohma & Younger Toguro
Eric Vale = Yuki & Sinistra (Kiddy Grade...but Mr. Vale has done many other things.)

And that's all I can really think of for now...[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Guest SummonerMai
Fruits Basket is the best anime ever! Both the anime and the manga are superb, and never fail to put a smile on my face when I?m in a bad mood.

Fruits Basket fans, take note... According to those who attended the FUNimation panel at Sakuracon, Funi is actively trying to raise US support for a second season of Fruits Basket. Whether or not it will actually amount to anything remains to be seen; however, Funi's dedication to the show is pretty darn impressive, given that the conventional wisdom says it didn't do terribly well in the American market. Maybe the manga's incredible success has made the DVDs start to sell a little faster.

Anyway, I think most of this is supposed to take place at conventions, where Funi representatives can talk to & interact with fans directly. I'm not much of a convention-goer myself, but I thought I'd let you all know. Though I have doubts about how a second season would function (plot-wise), I'd definitely snap it up in an instant if one was ever released.

~Dagger~

Guest mourghan
Holy crap! I never would have believed it but I guess if it's coming from a SA they arn't really the type to start false rumors:) so, a second season.....I have to agree that I'm not sure what the plot will be, but doesn't the plot continue in the manga, after the anime stopped? Does anyone know when that is BTW. In wich volume does the anime's last episode take place?? I know it's not out in america yet, but I know some of you have read the translations:) Luckys! Anyway, to sum up, a second season would kick ***! I just hope they wonldn't screw it up.
)~(

Well, we don't know for sure if it will be happening or not. :animeswea

But the fact that FUNimation seems to support the creation of a second season is definitely a positive sign. And to answer your question, I believe that the manga volume which covers the final arc of the anime has already been released by Tokyopop.

~Dagger~

Guest sailorkagome2
Hi people. could you help me out here please. My sisster and i are fighting over about which boy is better for Tohru. Kyo? or Yuki? If you could tell me our opionion that would help alot thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype][QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]mourghan[/B]
Anyway, to sum up, a second season would kick ***! I just hope they wonldn't screw it up.[/QUOTE] You're right, a second season of Fruits Basket would totally rock. And who are you talking about screwing it up? Just curious.

I think Funi did a very good job with their part in Fruits Basket. John Burgmeier's work with the script was phenomenal, and it was praised by many magazines as the respective year's most natural sounding dub. And for an English version, I thought that the voice actors were casted rather nicely. Each VA seemed to handle their character just fine, and you could tell that it really worked out.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]Dagger[/B]
According to those who attended the FUNimation panel at Sakuracon, Funi is actively trying to raise US support for a second season of Fruits Basket.[/QUOTE] I do believe that Funi decided to make this an all out contest, and that the winner could ask for a second season of their favorite anime. Although, I think that this was also a thing in the "idea" stage, for nothing more has been mentioned. I'll look into it a little more...

EDIT NEW POST: I've found it! It came to me in the FUNimation newsletter.

To see it, [URL=http://newsletter.funimation.com/]click here.[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Touma Seguchi][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]
EDIT NEW POST: I've found it! It came to me in the FUNimation newsletter.

To see it, [URL=http://newsletter.funimation.com/]click here.[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks for the update. :catgirl:

I really like the design for the Kyo shirt. It's too bad that buying it may require walking into Hot Topic. Anyway, according to those who attended Funi's Anime Boston panel, they're going to be making felt caps for Momiji, Shigure and Hatsuharu (Haru's will be reversible). The Yuki & Kyo caps look pretty cute, so I have faith that these new ones will also turn out nicely.

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
Fruits Basket is a great series to me it has everything you need in a great book.The characters are really grea.My favorite would have to be Kyo-Kun .......I love him soo much he has a hot temper but when you get to know him he is a great guy. :love:

2nd Hatsuharu
3rd Hatori

love all the sohma boys, even akito despite how bastardous he is. but out of all of them, like haru the most.

wow. i didnt think hot topic sold any anime anymore. the last time i saw any was when the gundam wing craze was abundant.*shrugs*would like that shirt though.

funimation is one of the production companies that i dont like. when i got the dvd's(all of them) i watched it in subtitled version. much better plus i wouldnt be yelling at my comp screen because of crappy job funimation did.

in reply to Daggers post, they better make a second season! just cutting it off after [spoiler]kyo's transformation[/spoiler] when that happnes in the manga in the...4th, 5th book? i dont remember.. anyways, they dont need to cut it off like that! speaking of bad endings, ive watched about 3-4 bad endings this week alone. maybe not bad, but depressing...*wimper* Maburaho was good though, if anyone doesnt care that this is off topic. nyah nyah!

[COLOR=Plum]I love Fruits Basket! I only have the first 3 DVD's so far but I plan on getting them all.

It is very sweet and the characters are so well developed.

Yay for Fruits Basket![/COLOR] :animesmil