Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]I love the entire concept of One Piece. The whymsical animation and fight scenes, along with the entire notion of pirates make for a great series that lacks the seriousness that would have ruined the whole damn thing. xP

I've only read a few chapteres of the manga, but I adore this series, and am considering bying a few pirated DVDs. It's a bit long, though, to start now. Poo.

Would some one PM me with a location for downloading the manga? Please?[/FONT][/COLOR]
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[COLOR=Green]*Points to the Luffy avi* Aww yeeah~!!
I LOUVE One Piece. Everything about it just so awsome!! I wish 4Kids would just choke on a peanut and die. I'm currently buying up as many One Piece Honk Kong subbed box sets as I can.

I haven't seen any of the commercials for the FoxBox version of it yet, but I'm dreading it. I just know that when I see it, I'm gonna cry, but I just have to see how bad it is! Anyway, I don't know how they're going to edit out all the "bad" stuff. There's so much smoking, drinking, and violence... I just don't see it happening unless they just cut out whole chunks of it.

Anywho... *Points at the button* Click it! If you really care about One Piece, you should sign the petition, don't you think? I don't know if it'll make any difference, but it's worth a try, no?

...*Holds up a Zoro flag* ZORO LOVE!![/COLOR]
[URL=http://www.petitiononline.com/60mu60mu/petition.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/tsunade-sama/sop.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Guest The Pro
Posted
I found a load of One Piece eps on Lime Wire, but there all downlaoding from a Modem, so it will tkae forever. Not worth it. Ill find somwhere else.

But i read the manga, and im just after the Black Cat pirats, were they go to the Floating Resturant! and that dude kicks the crap out of that navy guy. Looks wicked awsom. I didint even know they had a show out, ill look for it!

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Please don't swear, heh. These are all-audience forums. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]
  • 7 months later...
Posted
OH.MY.GOSH.

I couldn't even watch the whole episode, it was way too painful. How can 4Kids do such a thing? They took a great manga and killed it over and over and over again. What did we ever do to 4Kids?

What do you guys think of it?
Posted
According to a recent [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/columns/sunday.php?id=35][u]interview[/u][/url] with the CEO of 4Kids, the company "[expects] every series we license to be released in its original form." Apparently this includes One Piece, although it seems that an uncut version of the show is still pretty far off.

Keep hope alive! :animesmil

~Dagger~
Posted
[QUOTE=Dagger]According to a recent [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/columns/sunday.php?id=35][u]interview[/u][/url] with the CEO of 4Kids, the company "[expects] every series we license to be released in its original form." Apparently this includes One Piece, although it seems that an uncut version of the show is still pretty far off.

Keep hope alive! :animesmil

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

HURRAY!!! I was really hoping they'd at least [I]make[/I] an uncut one *phwew*
A while back I got some DVDs of the anime but the subtitles where so dodgy I couldn't sit down and actually watch it all...[I]SO[/I] that means I still have hope in these so called uncut DVDs.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I thought that there may be some hope in a better version when I watched the premiere of[B] 1P[/B] on Cartoon Network -- sadly, it was still as horrid as when it first debuted on FoxBox :animeangr

Whatever.

I took a peek at the article that Dagger posted [the inteview w/ the 4Kids CEO]. An uncut version, eh? Sounds good. [B]1P[/B] is truly too good to remain in that dubbed, and edited state.

I noticed something funny when I watched the second episode Saturday night. The second episode is pretty much about how Luffy met Zoro at the prison. In the original version, a little girl approached Zoro with some yummy riceballs. In the edited version from Saturday, the little girl approached Zoro with...cookies, and not riceballs. Well...needless to say, I had to chuckle a bit to myself.

I think that one of the things that I really miss the most from this edited/dubbed 1P version is the original score/music. The orchestral and nautical music is totally replaced by kiddish, boingy, bouncy background music. THAT's enough to make me cringe, honestly.

Okay. No more complaints. Some is better than none, I guess.

*runs off to watch her reserve original [B]1P[/B]*[/COLOR]
  • 3 months later...
Posted
I was going to say how much I enjoyed the show even if it was a bit kiddified but after reading the posts here I now know why it is that way. :animedepr Now I'm sad to know out there somewhere is a whole portion of the show and side of the characters I've missed out on I can't wait to rewatch up to the current point and see how the show differs in it's true form.
Posted
What happened to one piece is most unfortunate, I was so hoping the unedited version would be on CN. After giving up on waiting for the unedited version to appear. I watched every episode up to date unedited recently and I gotta say the...*Remembers what Dagger said about editing and censorship not being the same thing*...censorship to One Piece totally killed any chance of having american fans. I understand the cigarette to lolly pop thing, no killing, and no swearing, but I couldn't believe the lack of blood and the toy guns. I nearly lost it when I saw the Zoro and Mihawk fight, they completely destroyed it. The american viewer has no idea Mihawk has his blade an inch away from Zoro's heart and that he's so serious about winning he's willing to walk forward and die, without the visual aid the viewer does not get the full value of this great scene. Atleast they kept in Zeff's underwater sacrifice, had they changed that I would have totally lost all faith in the Americanized version.

I do think the dubbing's pretty good though. The joke about the box guy having a heart of gold was a good idea since the Box Son joke wouldn't be very effective in the states. I do think all of the voices match too, minus Sanji, Mihawk, and Pearl. Sanji wasn't serious enough, Mihawk wasn't serious enough, and Pearl being a surfer dude just didn't sound right.

If One Piece somehow survives past Loguetown I'm curious how Nami's Mom and Smoker are handled.

Another scatter brained post brought to you by,
Insomnia.
Posted
[quote name='Noside']If One Piece somehow survives past Loguetown I'm curious how Nami's Mom and Smoker are handled.[/quote]

Indeed thats a tough one...
Posted
[quote name='Noside']If One Piece somehow survives past Loguetown I'm curious how Nami's Mom and Smoker are handled..[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I only watch random TV [B]One Piece[/B] episodes every now and then -- so I'm not exactly sure where the current story is now. BUT, my bro told me that he also caught a random episode a few weeks ago in which [B]Smoker[/B] [who we all know is a massive chain-cigar-smoker] had smoke RANDOMLY coming from his mouth. Yes, the cigar was edited OUT. So then, if smoke just randomly comes from his mouth, then is he a machine or does he just have bad breath? :animesigh Pitiful... Everything has been totally "KIDDI-fied"[/COLOR]
Posted
wow that's really bad.

After watching more of the Baratie arc my anger with 4kids has grown, they turned Krieg's spike bullets into suction cups and when Luffy Punches Krieg's spiked cape they editted so that it looks like luffy hit between the spikes. The fact he went through the spikes in the original edit show'd how determined Luffy was, with it edited out now he doesn't look as tough.

Watching these 4Kids censored episodes is Masochism for a One Piece Fan.
Posted
[QUOTE=Noside]wow that's really bad.

After watching more of the Baratie arc my anger with 4kids has grown, they turned Krieg's spike bullets into suction cups and when Luffy Punches Krieg's spiked cape they editted so that it looks like luffy hit between the spikes. The fact he went through the spikes in the original edit show'd how determined Luffy was, with it edited out now he doesn't look as tough.

Watching these 4Kids censored episodes is Masochism for a One Piece Fan.[/QUOTE]

I watch it on Toonami..and the important thing is Luffy kicked Kriegs sorry ***.
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
It's an awesome anime. It rivals my love for Naruto. (if you think One Piece is crap, then you might not have seen it fansubbed, 4kids messed up One Piece pretty bad)

So who's seen it? I'm up to episode 158 right now.
Posted
ugh.....sounds like another DBZ to me. seen part of one episode, and the animation reminded me of DB waaay too much. that, and they all acted like idiots. theres a limit to how much idioticy(spelling, i dunno) i can take, lol.
Posted
It's very far from DB. Yeah they act like idiots, but that's the comedy portion of it. Luffy is dumb, but is very smart when it comes to emotions.Zoro is a hardheaded person, smarter on the field with this three swords. Usopp is smart, but goofs off half of the time. Nami is definately smart and is there to keep the others in shape. Sanji is the cook. He's also hardheaded you can say. Chopper is the innocent reindeer. Still learning the world.

it's very good. I love it.
Posted
I have to say, as much as I love the manga the anime bothers me to no end. I can't watch it ever since I heard Sanji's voice. (weeps) Ah but the voices, while mostly bad, aren't my only complaint. Somehow I feel the fun and light feeling that the manga has was somehow lost to the anime. Perhaps this is only a dub problem, I wouldn't know.

I haven't seen it subbed, I'm basing this all on the dub and it's bad, to me.
Posted
Yeah the dub edited it horribly, they cut episodes out and replaced the music, and gave it poor voice overs, and so on and so on.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post fansub links, so maybe I can tell you through private messages on how you can get a hold of the original version, subbed.
Posted
I love the One Piece on toonami. The fact that it's butchered doesn't bother me. I still find the show very entertaining.

Recently I've been picking up the manga. So far I have the first three volumes but have only read the first. (I've been distracted with the Fruits Basket manga)

Shanks is the greatest character in the series. I love him. :animesmil
Posted
Wow, I'm surprised I found someone who likes the dub. O_o Well you should be bothered, because even if you can stand the horrible voices and changed music, you shouldn't be able to stand how they are no skipping episodes and taking out chunks out of other episodes and merging them to pose them off as one episode so 4kids can avoid editing harder to edit material.
Posted
firemac, i so feel you on that issue about the dubbing! i mean, dubs are worse then subc to me, i mean yeah the voices for the english anime sucks, but it's nothing when you see how edited it is compared to the manga. i hated how they turned Sanji's cigarette into a candy, but it's funny when you can see a trail of smoke left behind from it XD i wanna watch the Japanese version so much! so far, i've seen the first 3 movies, and the first season on 4kids, and i'm looking forward to the original. i really do like One Piece and my favorite character is Sanji followed by Shanks ^,~
Posted
I haven't read the manga and I've only seen the dub. I've only seen what's on toonami. Yeah so what it's not the best thing out there. But I like it, it's funny. So what if the names are messed up. And the voice overs such. It doesn't bother me. I think it's funny and cute. Sure it's messed up, thiers really no getting passed that but still. If you like it watch it. If you don't like it don't watch it.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Yeah but about all of the one piece anime....well i certantly dont mean to be rude or anything...but isnt there a rather lot of them?...I mean coming from episode 1 of course? due to the fact that i do have them all and such...[/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...