Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have a big problem......I'm getting a D- in my science class and we'er having a test on Monday.My parents expect me to get a B on it and nothing lower. I already lost my video games and the comp. (except tonight), and I suck at science. But if Ido badly on the test, I also lose the T.V.! I need your help on what to do!!!!!!:bawl: :bawl:
Posted
Study, study, study.

Try to get a decent amount of sleep, and don't allow yourself to procrastinate or become distracted (particularly not by OB...).

On Sunday night, eat a healthy, solid dinner, review everything you've learned once last time before you go to bed, and don't stay up late. Remember to eat breakfast on Monday morning.

And study. As far as I can tell, that's really the only solution.

~Dagger~
Posted
I do go to sleep "early", 9:30 pm. I wake up at 6:45 am. I eat healthy dinners, I don't eat breakfast because I have cooking class, and I really suck at studying..........I also have to retake another test in history because I got an F! My life sucks! *rips hair out*
Posted
What science class do you have? Have you reached High School and ascended to the world of Physics, Biology and Chemistry? Or are you still in Elementary/Junior High? If so, what section of Science are you in?

If you tell me, I [i]might[/i] be able to tell you what you need to focus on studying. But really, all you have to do is take notes. That's the best way to go about it.
Posted
Well, let me square this all out for you:

My teacher is a NUT, and the subject is elements, compounds, mixtures, solutes, solutions, suspention, etc. all in one chapter. I'm in 8th grade. I do well in my other classes! Math- A, History-B-, Lang. Arts-B!
Posted
That's insane. Far too much to cover in just one chapter. However, I never paid attention in Junior High Science classes and I haven't taken Chemistry yet, so I'm afraid that I am of no help to you. Good luck on the test.
Posted
[size=1][color=maroon]Here's some specific things to do that might help:

1. Make flashcards. Put vocab on one side, the definitions on the other. Or for something like science or history, put a special concept or event on one side, and then explain it on the back. Drill yourself with these for 15 minutes a couple times a day for a few days and you'll know them pretty well.

2. I find that the more I write something the more likely I am to remember it. Get out some paper, a pencil, and just copy important parts of your notes. Use a highlighter for special terms. Go crazy, use different colors.

3. Make up a study guide for yourself to follow. Type up a mock quiz, even - list all the terms you'll need to know, all the special dates, events, concepts, names, whatever. Ask yourself questions that you've reviewed in class, or look for extra problems in a chapter review or something. Pretend it's a real test and see how you do. This way, you'll know what you need to work on and what you've got a handle on and then you can study accordingly.

And then there's always the idea that if you come home and review the things you went over in class, or at least the subjects that you know you have trouble in, you'll be that much more prepared when the time comes. It doesn't matter what you decide to do, but when it comes down to it [b]you are going to have to work.[/b] It sucks, but that's life. If you find a way to study that you're comfortable with and that works for you, however, than gradually it'll get easier.

Rest is also very important, so remember what Ms. Dagger has said - eat right and get sleep. Hopefully you'll get something from all this. Good luck.[/color][/size]
Posted
My nut of a teacher has given us a study guide, I did really good on that, and she made us write down some (28 of them) vocab. words. But I always get C's or lower on tests. I am not a test person.
Posted
That's what my teacher does as well. She gives us study guides and vocab. Usually the study guide will cover most of the test. Just continue to extensively look over the study guide and you should do better.
Posted
You might want to try to looking over your studyguide one last time sometime before you go into the class room on Monday. Or maybe you could look over it in the classroom before class starts. Then it will be fresh in your memory when you do take the test.
Posted
Sounds like you need to cheat on the test. I know cheating is wrong but drastic times call or drastic measures. I don't want you to do the really bad stuff just help yourself out alittle. Ask somebody who takes the class before for some help or ask if they remember some of the answers.
Posted
Eh, I'm not so sure if cheating is the best idea. Regardless of the stakes. Figure this: lets say you can't pass this with out cheating. So you do. You get caught. You get into a lot more trouble than if you would have just flunked, even if it meant you lost some privliges. Besides, cheating can become addictive. That's not a habit you want to pick up, because especially in later years you'd get into alot more trouble. (by cheating I mean some way of taking answers with you; I think it's ok to ask people who took it before what it's about. Be wary of that too though, because some teachers have different versions for diff class periods.)
Posted
[b][i]DON'T CHEAT.[/i][/b]

It's stupid, unethical, and utterly pointless. The ends do [i]not[/i] justify the means. Hells Fire, if you know that cheating is wrong, then why on earth would you encourage her to do it? This isn't exactly a life or death situation, and it doesn't call for such "drastic measures."

If the immorality of the act alone is not a sufficient deterrent, then consider this:

Worst-case scenario #1--She doesn't cheat, gets a bad grade, and isn't allowed to watch TV for several weeks.

Worst-case scenario #2--She cheats, and is subsequently caught and suspended or expelled. One poor decision will negatively affect the rest of her career as a student.

Which sounds more appealing to you?

~Dagger~
Posted
Thanks to all that wrote back. I belive I will take the suggestion of my father. That is, study hard and let the chips fall where they may. You do not get anywhere in this world without hard work and honesty!!
And I won't cheat Hells Fire! You want me to lose my life?! I would like to live thank you!
Posted
Aaaah yeah ignore my friend Hells Fire advice. I belive that deep down inside he didn't really mean say that.

Any way you get the idea what you need to do and most likely have already. Study hard and if you need to look over the studygide one last time before the test starts.

Trust me it helps alot. ;)

~Charlie Levoy~ :cool:

P.S. This post just made me a Junior Member. ALRIGHT!!!
Posted
I'm acing all my subjects, how? Because I do heaps of work during class. If you get all your work done and then have time to study then you don't have to do homework and you get good marks. Of course I do study before huge exams, but I have heaps more free time now that I work harder during classes.
Posted
What works for me is just doing work in class, studying the night before, getting a good night's sleep, trusting myself, and trying not to think of the test/clearing my mind. You should try it ^_^! All you have to do is hang around your friends a lot or talk to people a lot and it'll take your mind off the test. Also, [SIZE=4][b]TRUST YOURSELF![/b][/SIZE]


Oh, and good luck ~_^ I'll be rootin' for ya!
Guest rttocs77
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ryoko T.D.C. [/i]
[B]I have a big problem......I'm getting a D- in my science class and we'er having a test on Monday.My parents expect me to get a B on it and nothing lower. I already lost my video games and the comp. (except tonight), and I suck at science. But if Ido badly on the test, I also lose the T.V.! I need your help on what to do!!!!!!:bawl: :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]

Here is your first problem. You are online complaining and worrying about it when you should be studying. You need to learn self-discipline...and/or get some dexedrine/adderall.


I always spring for the latter.
Posted
[color=009966]I'm going to make this post short so that you won't have much to read and can get started preparing for the test. It's not much, but....*shrugs*

*clears throat* Good luck, and start cramming. :whoops:

BTW do [b]NOT[/b] cheat. [/color]
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] Okay, I'm in your same grade and going over the same stuff. My advice might be insane, but it works. First, go over your study guide, weld it in your brain. Second, Read the entire chapter in your book, or at least skim it over. Third, look over all your worksheets, you don't have to read them all, just look them over to refresh your memory on the subjects. Once you have done all these, the subjects should be glued into your head. And also look over the Periodic Table to get a good sense of it. [/color][/size]
Posted
Keep us posted on what happens/happened. Has it already been? If not, don't cheat and if it's any condolence I know how you feel. Also, if you get good marks in your other subjects why are ur parents being so hard on you?
Posted
a little trick: read your material 3 times in the morning and after that try to read out loud without the book.
you can best do it three times per try.
read 3x, speak up what you read.
read 3x, speak up what you read.
do this as often as you like but keep it in three stages of the day.
in the morning, in the afternoon and in the evening.
then you will know it in no-time.
as for your grades, they sound good, and i think your parents are asking too much of you.
a b if you can get it? alright.
but if you are pushed then you will not get it right.
your grades are no reason to take away your resorts.
your parents are pushing you and you should disscus it with them.
in the end it is your effort you put into it.
i hope this helps you a bit, and i hope this post is not too late.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...