OtakuBoards

Pro-life Pro choice. Let's be mature, kay?

ChibiHorsewoman

[COLOR=crimson]Well, I'm feeling increasingly interested in some of the bills that Bush has signed. Including ones on abortion.
I'm pro-choice because although I would never get an abortion, I don't think it's my right to decide what another woman should do with her body. Infact a close friend of mine had one last year, and I don't feel any differently about her.
My stance on this subject is quite odd considering that I am adopted and if my mother had chosen abortion because of her situation, I wouldn't be here, but still, who am I to judge?
So now I'm curious, what is everyone else's opinion. Why do you feel this way? And no one lines about it's imoral. If you think so, give a good reason.[/COLOR]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkblue]Well, I'm not pro-abortion but I truly beleive in:[/color][b]Your body, your choice.[/b][color=darkblue]If I could decide with my partner about having the baby or she having an abortion, I would definetly choose to have it. If I was man enough for making it, I will be man enough to have the responsability to raise him/her. If my partner decides that the best thing for her, and thus for us as a couple would be to have an abortion, its her descition, and I have no right to oppose.

I understand the choice that some women make when opting for abortion, and that's fine with me. If that is what they think will solve the problem, good, go ahead and do it. I too beleive that, if you are going to have a baby so he/she suffers, then don't have it.[/color]

[color=red]Ani_Freak[/color]

Guest Bloodsin
I think the abortions that are taken to evade the burden of responsibly is wrong. If the Woman's life is on the line, or if she was raped, then an abortion would be acceptable

The thing that pisses me off is all the politics involed.
Someone running for an office could get a lot of votes just by saying that they're against abortion. Thus far, nearly every Republican has said their against abortion. They own the White House, Capitol Hill, and the courts. Yet still nothing. Thats because if they ended it, they wouldn't have all the antiabortion votes. So they hardly do anything to restrict it, then, when its time to be reelected, they stand up and say:
"Folks, its been a hard four years, I've fought tooth&nail to kill abortion,but htere are sooo many people against me. Send me back and I'll contuine the good fight!"

Guest Bloodsin
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Orien_Xel [/i]
[B] It's not even a child yet. It's a mass of uncoordinated cells, with no self-awareness. [/B][/QUOTE]
You just described half of the human population.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bloodsin [/i]
[B]You just described half of the human population. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]How cheerful.

---

I have always been pro-choice, and if I were faced with an unwanted pregnancy, I would have an abortion. I wouldn't feel bad about it because I know that my boyfriend and I are [i]always[/i] praticing safe sex. If I had done everything I could to prevent a pregnancy and still got pregnant [though highly unlikely], abortion would be the path that I would take.

I don't have the income to support a child, and my future/career is far too important to me. Call me selfish for thinking of myself first, but I'd really be messing up the lives of two people -myself and my partner- by not terminating the pregnancy.

I don't disagree with people who are pro-life because they have their own beliefs and morals, which is fine by me. As long as I don't get preached at or shown graphic pictures, I'm fine with what that side believes. You go your way, I'll go mine :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bloodsin [/i]
[B]Someone running for an office could get a lot of votes just by saying that they're against abortion. Thus far, nearly every Republican has said their against abortion. They own the White House, Capitol Hill, and the courts.... [/B][/QUOTE]

that has nothing to do with politics...it's the traditional stance of the republicans it has nothing to do w/ getting re-elected
i'm totally pro-life...by the time they realize that a woman is pregnant the baby already has formed feet legs and a head...then someone kills it...

the baby isn't actually a part of the woman's body, because it had the ability to breath...eat...and drink...even if it does depend on the mother to get all those things.

The last bill that was passed made partial birth abortion illegal...and during that procedure they pull part of the baby out and then kill it...so it's completely unnecessary because the mother feels just as much pain as if she were to let the baby be born so they might as well just let it come out alive and then put the baby up for adoption... and after killing it the baby comes out as chunks of meat...picture that...

I'm not trying to start controversy...i'm just stating the facts... then adding my oppinion

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Wow, these are some very. . interesting. . takes.

I want to say that everyone should be pro-life, but fate has a way of working out in this world where everyone really doesn't have the ability, or the income, to agree with me. Yes, there is the whole argument about 'it's the woman's body, it's the woman's choice?. . but that is a pretty stupid argument that basically gives people the only excuse they need for . . well, murder.

Yes, you can say that through most of the pregnancy, the unborn baby has no real awareness of anything, and it is just a 'thing' that can be removed with no thought or consequence. .

To me, abortion is killing. . but life (as ironic as this whole post is about) has a funny way of dealing its cards. . If you are not ready to have a child, you will excuse me for the harshness of this statement. . don?t have sex! You can practice safe sex all you want, but it isn?t 100%. .

Now here is my fair approach to this ? If I was to get someone pregnant, and neither she nor I was prepared for a baby, I know I would have a choice to make. Keep the baby or kill the baby? For me, it would be pretty easy. . have the baby and either raise it to the best of my ability, or have the baby and put it up for adoption. But, then you have the problem of the other side of this very complex example, the woman having the baby. Could she go through all the trouble of having the baby? Would she want to suffer through the whole pregnancy? And I guess this is why you would really want to know someone before having sex with them (If not even taking the extra step to marry them). . I know I wouldn?t want some one night stand to be calling me up months later and say, ?Hey, I am pregnant; I want money for an abortion?

Guess this is why people should think before just jumping into bed with someone. . no matter how much they think they know them.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Bloodsin
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnonymousSource [/i]
[B]that has nothing to do with politics...it's the traditional stance of the republicans it has nothing to do w/ getting re-elected [/B][/QUOTE]
Everything has to do with politics.
The sole reason a lot of them are in office is because where stand on it.
If it were to be made illegal, all those votes would go out the window. I believe both parties of the government are milking the Abortion issue.

When the party that is in control, and also against Abortion, yet doesn't eliminate it. Something wrong.
Everyone's got their own agenda.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ani_Freak [/i]
[B]Well, I'm not pro-abortion but I truly beleive in:[/b]Your body, your choice.[b][/B][/QUOTE]

That seems like a pro-life argument. After all, the baby should have a choice over its body as well. Until I see unborn babies signing papers to go ahead with an abortion, I'll remain "pro-life".

[COLOR=crimson]There are some very interesting points of veiw on the subject.
I have another friend who's pregnant right now. She knows the sex of the baby and everything right now. This girl won't even let me call the baby her, I have to refere to her as Alicia which is what she'll be formally named in MArch. Gods, will that be funny if the baby is a boy!:rotflmao: Point? She's so pro-life, she has begun calling the baby by name before she's delivered. Won't even let me call Alicia (yes, I have to do this) a fetus. Even more interesting, she's not married, she works two part time jobs, and goes to college. Her boyfriend is in the picture tho, but he seems much younger than 27 sometimes.:rollseyes:
I'm not in this position any more for obvious reasons, but prior to when I thought about just giving the baby up for adoption like my mother did for me. Hell, it took three years for my parents to get me, so why not contribute? Okay, bad choice of words. Anyway, adoption has got to be really hard on the mother since you go through nine months of having something growing in you and then give birth and give it up.
I have no problems with pro-life people. Well, until they block the streets in downtown Roch so I can't get to work and I'm compelled to run them over.
[b]EDIT[/b] I just realized how childish that sounded. I'm sorry[/COLOR]

Personally, I think it's one of the most selfish things someone can do. But there are many things that can fall into that catagory. It's impossible to evade them all.

Now, to tell you what I think about people who have abortions: They're still people. And still overly the same person they were before the abortion took place. Judging is not my purpose on the earth, so I avoid it whenever possible. I'm fairly sure that I know people who've had abortions, I just can't remember who they are.(shows you how much it matters to me) I'd still show them the same compassion I'd show anyone else.

In the end, abortion is what it is--killing. You can put whatever title you want in front of that. It's not going to change it, nor will it change my position on the act itself.

However, all these people who stand outside abortion clinics screaming "sinner" at those girls who go in...I pray that God shows them who's sin is more devastating in that situation. Those who judge invite judgement, and I'll leave that at that.

-Justin

bush is an ijit (idiot)! he cant tell me or my friends or anyone else in this Dumb (close one!) world, i was adopted and my mother knew that it was "my body my choice." i can't stand people like him! *pulls out a pitch fork and a couple bombs.* i really want to bomb him, and send this little fork thru his guts! *holds up rather largh pitch fork and bombs*

and besides
1. the world is OVER populated
2. and he is and idiot, thats all we need.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ryu_Sakura [/i]
[B]bush is an ijit (idiot)! he cant tell me or my friends or anyone else in this Dumb (close one!) world, i was adopted and my mother knew that it was "my body my choice." i can't stand people like him! *pulls out a pitch fork and a couple bombs.* i really want to bomb him, and send this little fork thru his guts! *holds up rather largh pitch fork and bombs*[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]Remind me [i]never[/i] to piss you off!
Okay, I still think that part of it is politics. And then there's the whole stigma thing. There is still some stuff about how women who have premarital sex are 'bad' so some of them try to get rid if the baby.
I support the morning after pill and Roe vs Wade. I'd just never get one if I was still in that kind of position. I also believe that if abortions were made illegal again people would still get them. Only there would be no type of regulations on them and women would die from them. That's why I would never support a president who would try to overturn what the supreme court ruled over 30 years ago.
But Justin, nice way to voice your opinion.[/COLOR]

To put it bluntly, I am pro-life. When you ask me what to do in a matter of rape, or if the mother is at risk of dying, I will tell you now, I don't know. Luckilly, things like that are not up to me. But when it comes to someone who just can't afford it, or just has no room in her life for a kid, I say tough. You wanted sex, face the consequences. Condoms and birth-control is [B]not[/B] safe-sex. The only forms of safe sex is 1, abstaination and 2, masturbation (kinda, I won't get into the details). Personally, I think it is murder.

Also, hating Bush is a pretty shallow reason to be pro-choice. Over-population? Yes, a worldwide slaughter sounds like a great cure to me...:/

If you outlaw abortion, you get quacks doing it for low-charge with coat hangers. It's just plain safer to have it legal. And if a woman was to be raped, especially at a young age, where delivering the baby could endanger her, then I'm all for abortion. But if it's because they forgot protection and they don't want to take the responsibility of their mistake, by no means keep the child with unprepared parent. Adooption. But it's better than a coat hanger. Sorry, our health teacher brought up the subject. FYI, coat hanger girl: dead.

K...i personally like bush...but let's leave polotics out of this...
I agree with NorykoAngelcry...safe sex doesn't always work...and rape...that in itself is a sad thing that no one should ever have to go through...but i never thing killing is the answer...i know it must be hard for someone to have a baby and stuff and go through the pregnancy just to give it up...but seriously...you kno the sex of the baby by the time you can have an abortion! I don't know...i'm very stuck on my position and could fight it for weeks...but ya... i don't really want to make any enemies...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wiccansamurai [/i]
[B]If you outlaw abortion, you get quacks doing it for low-charge with coat hangers. It's just plain safer to have it legal. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's like saying provide drug users with clean needles.

Which I'm sorry to say is actually going on.

You can't base everything on movies... or even what you think the movies are based on. There's rarely ever any cold facts in these threads here, it's just a bunch of "I heard from somewhere else" stuff that can't really be held up to prove anything.