OtakuBoards

Dating Anime Characters: Would You?

ChibiHorsewoman

:( I'm so going to hate myself after this, but...

[U][I][B]Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh[/B][/I][/U]: I'm sorry! He may be adorable, but just not my type. The friendship speeches would kill me cold! And did I mention we wouldn't be able to dance (Waltz)? I'd have to PICK HIM UP to dance with him! *huggles* At least you're adorable, Yugi! :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkRed]I would not date:

Wufei (Gundam Wing)-- Even though I think he's as cute as a button I would not and could not date him... I would get bored with his 'This is an injustice!' speeches and his many power trips. I could just imagine him getting angry because of petty things like there not being enough ice cubes in his drink and other stuff. Besides, he's a woman basher... :mad:

Harry MacDougall (Outlaw Star)-- He's wacko, enough said... Besides, if he were in love with someone he would try to be around that person ALL the time! (Melfina, for example.) :D[/COLOR]

Well...
I've never thought about dating an anime character before...so...let me see....

Well number one would have to be:
*Releena Peacecraft...I just can't stand her pathetic ways and crappy notions on peace
Then...
*Sailor Moon...I was told shes a sook and she falls for too many guys
*Bulmar from DBZ...(I've proberly spelt the name wrong) I just can't stand the sight of her
*Miya from Yu-gi-oh...Don't like her hair style, and she's just about crying all the time

I think that sums it up for me.

Guest Ranma 1/5
I'd have to say Kodachi as she has more psychological disorders than most people that are committed do. Lets see she lives in her own world, she is extremely violent, and has a tendancy to attempt to poison people. I'd say that qualifies for bad girlfriend material.

[color=darkviolet]I could never date [b]Mamoru from SailorMoon[/b]. The guy is just too much of a weirdo for me. I can't stand the way he dresses or how he talks down to Usagi. I'd definately have to burn that stupid olive green jacket of his, then call in the Fab 5 for reinforcements

Then there's [b]Koga from InuYasha[/b] Overly possesive and a bit ill mannered. You don't just go around grabbing up whichever girl you see simply because you can. And you don't go around insulting said girl's friends. That's just tasteless.

There's two more down for me, a few more to go[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkRed]OMG, I so could not date Korabara from yu yu hakusho. Why? Cause he is ugly I MEAN UGLY!!!! Also I think he is to tall....I mean he is like WAY UP THERE like a tree.... but the main reson I couldnt date him is HE IS UGLY!

But Vash the Stampede, OMG, I would love :love: to date him... [/COLOR]

[color=firebrick] Um, I wouldn't anyone from Evangelion [except maybe Kaworu] because they're all insane and...psychologically screwed. Jeez. Actually, I wouldn't date ANY anime character. Well, maybe some of the background people who are actually normal people. I wouldn't feel particularly happy if I was going out with some guy who had to go and battle 70-feet monsters or whatever. >_>[/color]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkRed]
NEVER take [B]Tatsumi[/B] from [B]Yami no Matsuei[/B] on a date because he will make you pay for the food. Or just take you to one of those roadside ramen stalls... and still [i]insist[/i] that you pay for the food.

[/COLOR][/FONT]

Shinji from Evangelion...beating off while I'm in the room ewww... that boy ain't right. Aside from that he's a little bit of a whinny baby and too caught up in his own issue's to notice other people trying to do their best to love him and hurting themselves. Just a really big self-centered creep! :flaming:

Hmmm let me think from what the animes ive seen probably all the thiefs and thugs. Dont forget Naraku and all of his creatures. Like Goshinki And stuff. But no one else i can think of oh wait yuyu hakisho all those people they are ugly ugg makes me sick just thinking of them why i dont know i just think so.

[color=darkviolet]I doubt anyone has heard of this one yet, but Michael from Model by Kim Soo Young. ( I think I got the name right)

For one thing Michael is too feminine looking for my tastes. Maybe some girls go for that, but not me. I like guys who look like guys.

Another is his clothing. He dresses a bit too goth for me and sometimes I think he's a few steps away from Queer Eye intervention. His nails are too long for a normal guy.

He's way too vain. I think he enjoys the fact that the whole myth about vampires not being able to look in the mirror and see thier reflection is just a myth.

Oh yeah that's right, he's a vampire, a member of the undead. Unlike me, and I really don't relish the fact that someone might want to use me to keep up their good looks...or as a midnight snack .

That said I really couldn't be in a relationship with Michael, unless he let me borrow his stuff for halloween.[/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Purple][I]Ummm...The anime character I could not date is Miroku from Inuyasha.One main thing is all he thinks about is women having his children!!He hits on every pretty girl he lays his eyes on and I don't really like the idea of my butt being groped all the time![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] :flaming: :flaming:

[COLOR=DarkGreen]as for all the mentioned people; naraku (inuyasha), nuriko (fushigi yugi), and shinji (evangelion), i couldnt agree more. between mental instabilities, questionable gender, and selfishness who would want to date them, or have them meet the parents?? but what about kenshin? i mean now he is atone-ing (sp) for what he did, but could you honestly bring him hoem to the parents? " hi mom, dad. this is the hittokiri battousai, hes killed more people than he remembers, but hes okay now.." yeah that wouldnt go over so well ^-^
another would have to be nakago from fushigu yuugi. hes just plain evil, and a manipulator. he doesnt even try to ease tension between yui and miaka, he enforces yuis decisions, if not leads her to make them. wrong decisions, wrong choices, grrr.
hotohori would be okay, hed be failthful, and caring, but hes a giant narcisisstic and that im sure woudl drive me over the edge
in kare kano i dont think i could handle the model student arima either. he would be perfect to bring home, but perfection tends to get a little dull, and im not THAT smart, id constantly be in his shadow, looked down upon... not good x.x[/COLOR]

I'm a guy, and the one anime girl I would never date is Ed from Cowboy Bebop. Is that original or what, lol? Ed seems like a guy to me and she is just ....not my type. lol. I don't think any guy would date ED. Plus she's annoying.

[quote name='ultimamilz']I'm a guy, and the one anime girl I would never date is Ed from Cowboy Bebop. Is that original or what, lol? Ed seems like a guy to me and she is just ....not my type. lol. I don't think any guy would date ED. Plus she's annoying.[/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Not to mention dating her would be like dating a five year old. Man, that's pretty disgusting, lol.[/color][/size]

I'm expecting a lot of anger over this one, but...
I could just never date [B]Vash[/B] from Trigun. Now I know, he's good-looking, and all that jazz, but looks aren't everything! And he's got a really terrible personality. He's a weirdo. If it was just based on looks, then sure; but that's no reason to date someone, huh?

And on another note, I'd also never date [B]Sanji[/B] from One Piece. He's just too much of a womanizer.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]i definitely wouldnt date flay from the gundam seed series. She is one crazy woman! look at the way she manipulated kira, a normally cool guy.

I dont know about mammi from flcl but, i can tell who i definitely would date. i would go after monoke from princess monoke. personally i like a girl that is capable of kicking some major butt. other anime women on this list include fujiko from lupin the 3rd, faye from cowboy bebop, sakura from naruto, and last but not least, botan from yu yu hakusho. although botan is definitely a little ditsy sometimes, she can handle herself with a bat ( which is more than i can say for my self ^^)

whoa! i went tottally off topic. oh well , i tried ^_^
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]The one anime character I could not date is Anzo or Tea from Yu-Gi-Oh. She would drive me completly crazy with her incessive talking. And everytime she talks its about friendship. I'd blow her away with my dark magician if I could. That's who I couldn't date out of all anime characters.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]Not to mention dating her would be like dating a five year old. Man, that's pretty disgusting, lol.[/color'][/size][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]That doesn't seem to bother anyone who pairs Sesshomaru with Rin...scares the crap out of me though. I mean , I know that the Ashton and Demi thing is all the rage right now, but there is a such thing as age appropriate. :rant:[/color]

[color=darkviolet]Or would you consider dating?

I've gotten a few responses to the thread about who couldn't you date from anime or manga, but who could you date?

Me at this very moment (where I'm sitting in my mom's home office sweating because our central AC has been broken all year and we finally got a heat wave this summer):

Well, I'm almost convinced at times that my husband is a 3-D human version of InuYasha, so yeah I guess I could see myself dating InuYasha. As long as he became a bit more mature. Oh and I'd have to get him off the whole Kagome or Kikyo thing as well, I'm not too keen on sharing a boyfriend with a near personalitiless character and a dead girl. It just doesn;t sit right with me.

That's it for me for now. I'm beginning to stick to my computer chair...I hate vinyl![/color]