OtakuBoards

Dating Anime Characters: Would You?

ChibiHorsewoman

[quote name='LashamaruChaos']What the hell? Someone used my name! Someone hacked into my name! Wd that is gonna get a serious whoopin! Unless that's my evil twin talking. :D[/quote]
[COLOR=#503F86]Please try and keep replies to the topic at hand. If you think someone has hacked into your account, the best thing you can do is change your password, or talk to an Administrator if it gets really severe. Otherwise, not in unrelated threads ^_~[/COLOR]

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=GREEN]Hum... For some odd reason I thought I'd already posted on this thread. Oh well, guess I didn't. :sweat:

Okay, guys in anime I'd want to date (this is a bit of a list):
1. Kurama, "Yu Yu Hakusho"- There's just something about inteligent guys that I like; and no I do not have a fetish for red headed guys.
2. Seto Kaiba, "Yu-Gi-Oh!"- Many people fail to see this, but Seto has the potential to be good, he's just too stubron to admitt it. I think he could be really nice, though.
3. Sesshoumaru, "Inuyasha"- Again the whole "potential to be good" thing comes into play. Plus he's really cute.

I had another one but I don't know how to hide spoiler info. Does it bother anyone else that I really analyze fictional characters' personalities? :D [/COLOR]

Guest Kaoru Konoe
This is my first post here. Anyway if I could date any anime character it would have to be either Kaoru Konoe or Shinobu.

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Welcome to OtakuBoards, Kaoru. Please try and add more detail to your posts if you can, as short posts are not only against the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL], but aren't very interesting for everyone else to read, heh. Just explain why you like certain characters- what is it about them that you like? -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Guest PyroFae
Anime Guys I wouldn't date

Rosiel from Angel Sanctuary: he's narcisstic and scary
Michael from AS: he needs anger management
Miroku from Inuyasha: it's kinda obvious isn't it?
Inuyasha from ': he needs anger management
Sesshomaru from Inuyasha: he needs to get over a stupid sword
Michael from the manga Model (most people haven't heard of it): you would end up dead if you dated him.
Legato from Trigun: he's creepy and he can control people.
Vash from Trigun: yes I wouldn't date Vash. He's a bit too hyperactive.
Wolfwood from Trigun: smokes too much

Anime guys I would date:

Raphael from AS: okay he can be lecherous but he brought this one girl he loved back to life!
Lucifer from AS: he followed the girl he loved through the centuries (kind of)

Yeah that's about it for me, I'm not exactly a big fangirl type person. YAY and this is my first post!

[quote name='PyroFae']Michael from the manga Model (most people haven't heard of it): you would end up dead if you dated him.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]I've read Model, but I never reallygot into it, but my husband loves it. He's on book 3 now.

I wouldn't want to date Michael from Model because he just seems way too narcessistic. I mean [spoiler]The only reason he became a vampire-as he stated in book one-is because he wanted to stay beautiful forever.[/spoiler] Besides that he looks way too female and dresses a bit too eccentric for my tastes. Not my idea of a good match. I don't want to be worried about losing either blood or make-up from a guy.[/color]

Guys on my top list of people I would date (from anime)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd date Joey Wheeler! He's so hot and funny, he's almost everything I look for in a guy, infact I don't see anything wrong with him. He's nice, protective of his friends, and he's sort of like a punk, but underneath he's pretty sensitive, that doesn't ever stop him from standing up to his problems. Hey may not always know what the flip he's doing but he finds out soon or later, if the situation is serious, he's funny as I said before (From Yugioh)

I'd date Kiba! He's not afraid to step up and protect the ones he cares for, he tries his best to make them happy, and he also knows what the flip he's doing! He speaks his mind and when he says something he means it! I've never seen him laugh but I'm sure anyone he loves would be able to make him burst out with laughter, even if he doesn't really laugh it wouldn't matter because he really loves a person when he says it. Tha'ts what I like in a guy, someone who is serious about their words (From Wolf's Rain)

I'd date Sesshomaru! I wouldn't necessarily choose him OVER ALL the anime guys, but I wouldn't exactly hate him either. He's hot and pretty serious, but nonetheless, HE KNOWS WHAT THE FLIP HE IS DOING! Serious guys aren't really my type but he isn't one to be all lovey dovey! I like that, I don't want someone trying to kiss me 24/7! Once a week is enough, once a month is enough, for now I'm not that big into lovey dovey crap

I'd date Miroku! Sure Miroku asks every freakin girl he thinks is hot if they'll bear his children, but in my opinion he only does that because of the curse, you know, the hole in his right hand? If he was to have failed to kill Naraku he would like his children to try defeating Naraku until the curse is broken. And I'm sure I'm probably right! I mean, think about it, he is TRYING to kill Naraku, if the hole eats him up who will break the curse? My point exactly, he's caring, and yea, he's a pervert too! What's wrong with that? He makes a perfectly good boyfriend! He's nice, and kind, and funny. What's wrong with him? Besides his molesting habit...

I'd date Kurama! Lalala, I'm not listening! Anyway, he's caring and he pretty much as a sense of humor, and blah blah blah, I'm too lazy to type more on this subject

Guys I wouldn't date
----------------------------------------
Inuyasha- I do NOT want to deal with some stubborn little freak who won't even listen to anyone most of the time!
Seto Kaiba- Too cold, too serious, too rich(yea yea, tell it to someone who cares, I'm one of the girls WHO DOESN'T care about money as much as you preppy freaks out there)
Yusuke- Too stupid
Kwubara- Too ugly and most likely a player...

(I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but oh well)

I don't think dating and anime girl/guy would be good. I mean, there are some things people can do that anime characters can't. Sure, they're cute, adroable and they have adorable voices but some of them are incredibly hyper and would wear you out in about a day. (Take Tomo from Azumanga Daioh) I think anime girls are the persocoms of this time. Same thing with Material Girls. -.-;; I'm on another forum and I had asked this question and alot of people went with real girls.

I mean, it's impossible and plus, anime girls/guys always have somebody to go out with!

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1] So it comes down to this does it? Bishounen I would or would not date? Oh well guess I'll stick to the ones I WOULD date..

[B]Tamahome/Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)[/B] - They are both extremely handsome, courageous, and not to mention loyal. Lets just say these two men have got it going on with more then just looks. :blush:
[B]Shannon-Nii/Fulle (Scrapped Princess)[/B] Fulle is a femine kind of cuteness, he kinda reminds me of Seiya from Sailor Moon..but more manly. Shannon-Nii has a priceless personality not to mention is sensitive.. plus..he's hot and every anime fangirl's fantasy. :heart:
[B]Akio (Revolutionary Girl Utena)[/B] - He might be evil, but he's so cute how can you ignore him? :love2:
[B] Tsukasa Doumyoji (Hana Yori Dango)[/B] - He's cute, hates being called a dog, gots a bad temper, and has hair like medusa...whats not to love?
[B] Yuu Mastuura/Ginta (Marmalade Boy) [/B] - Ginta is sweet, Yuu is bitter. There like two opposites but all so wonderful at the same time.
[B] Asaba (Kare Kano) [/B] - Kinda like Miroku from Inu Yasha..except he doesnt ask to have your child....he just wants his own harem. is that really so bad?

[/FONT][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest katana77
Hmm, well, NOT Miroku! Geeze, he's a pervert! I don't think he would honestly survive five minutes around me (fingers the blade of an extremly sharp katana). Also, I can't stand Yuki from Fruit's Basket. He never shuts up! Ugh! He's also too 'deep' in his long thought processes. Who else, who else? Oh yeah, then there's always Kurabara. Yeah, tha's a real obvious one. Oh yeah, there's also Rath from Dragno KNights. He's just too whiney and a spoiled brat.

It may sound suprising, but yes. I would go out with InuYasha. On all of the quizzes I took for InuYasha, I was compatiable with him. Pathetic, I know. I would also go out with Kharl the Alchemists or Gil from Dragon Knights, Don't ask me why, I'm not sure.

[QUOTE=Pumpkin][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=1]
[B]Shannon-Nii/Fulle (Scrapped Princess)[/B] Fulle is a femine kind of cuteness, he kinda reminds me of Seiya from Sailor Moon..but more manly. Shannon-Nii has a priceless personality not to mention is sensitive.. plus..he's hot and every anime fangirl's fantasy. :heart:
[B]Akio (Revolutionary Girl Utena)[/B] - He might be evil, but he's so cute how can you ignore him? :love2:[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

You have some interesting choices. :)

Fulle is one of my favorite male characters of all time. He came, he kicked serious ***, [spoiler]departed in a timely manner[/spoiler] and basically rejuvenated the entire series. Although Fulle [spoiler]only appeared for a couple of episodes,[/spoiler] he still received a lot of character development. He proved himself to be very tolerant, dependable and practical, and also [spoiler]turned out to have a delightfully dangerous past[/spoiler]--you simply can't go wrong with guys like that.

Akio, however, I would avoid at all costs. Granted, when it comes to Revolutionary Girl Utena (particularly the movie), I'm something of a Touga fan. Akio looks great, but he really gives me the creeps. While I found him mildly less repellent in the movie, and I liked his revamped character design, there are still a whole variety of reasons that I wouldn't give him the time of day.

~Dagger~

My friend Melissa (also an anime fan) once said that Kurama was her soulmate. 2 weeks later she said Shuiichi was her soulmate. Is she the kind who dumps guys easily, or does she have...

*DUNDUNDUN!*

[SIZE=4]TWO SOULS![/SIZE]

[quote name='TrAcKa05']There is NO gurl that I wouldn't date at least that I can thing of[/quote]

What about Edward?

[QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]My friend Melissa (also an anime fan) once said that Kurama was her soulmate. 2 weeks later she said Shuiichi was her soulmate. Is she the kind who dumps guys easily, or does she have...

*DUNDUNDUN!*

[SIZE=4]TWO SOULS![/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Speaking of things that come in twos, I merged your replies. No double-posting, please. :)

Out of idle curiosity, was your fangirl friend referring to Shuichi from Yu Yu Hakusho (who is, arguably, a character unto himself) or some Shuichi from another series (i.e. Gravitation)? Gravitation's Shuichi is entertaining to watch but would make an awful, er, soulmate.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]Speaking of things that come in twos, I merged your replies. No double-posting, please. :)

Out of idle curiosity, was your fangirl friend referring to Shuichi from Yu Yu Hakusho (who is, arguably, a character unto himself) or some Shuichi from another series (i.e. Gravitation)? Gravitation's Shuichi is entertaining to watch but would make an awful, er, soulmate.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

She meant Gravititon's Shuichi.

Yea, we get it, everyone wants Kurama or Kiaba, Kurama beacause he's sensitve. Girls only think they wnat a sensitive guy like Kurama, but when he comes to you crying you're going to wish you had picked some one more manly, and with a better weapon. Someone Like Sanoske from kenshin or Gene Starwind or something. :laugh:

I know no one seems to like him, but I'd date Keitaro from Love Hina. He's just so sweet!! Think about it, he's smart(sort of), cute, and lovably clumsy! I just want to snuggle him!!(mind out of the gutter folks, I mean a hug).

Other than that. . . uhhhh. . .Maybe Daisuke from DNAngel. Sure he's your classic confused, angsty teen, but I luv his personality! One problem; he's younger than me and I don't like younger men. :o *sigh* oh well . . . he's still cute!^_^

Nozomu or Mitsuru from Crescent Moon would work too. I know, polar opposites, but they both have good personalities(okay, so Mitsuru is a little grumpy). Nozomu I like because he's so bright and bubbly!(Also, he's a vampire and LOVE vampires). Mitsuru is just so. . .I don't know! I just like him! ^_^

Tidus from FF-X. Not an anime, but it's sort of like one with all the story. He's sweet, devoted, and determined! Not to mention very cute! ^_^

Okay, on to guys I would NEVER date.
First off, and people will bug me about this, but Yugioh. ICK!!*shudders* He's just weird! I mean, short, little kid-ish, and has a really deep voice. That anime just hits my ick button. Also, I don't understand why ppl insist on always drawing him half-naked. EWWWWW!!

Got that out of my system! Whew! Anywayz, moving on, Inuyasha. He's cute and has his moments, but he's just WAY too confrontational.

Tatewaki Kuno from Ranma 1/2. This one is almost self explanatory. Two-timing, fighting, and completely STUPID!!! Ugh, I can't stand stupid people.

Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo!. Again, not much wrong with the personality, but he is just too oblivious. How many girls like him again? six? Yeah, just pick one.

bah..I don't know..I guess, mmm...I would choose to date Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist, I have so much in common with him, its a little creepy.

Or maybe Kira from Gundam SEED, he is soooo dreamy :love:, and so nice and thoughtfull too :).

• 7 months later...
Guest Fairybells
Who I would not date? There are so many cute and wonderful guys in anime, so there has to be an equal number of jerks for that. Let's see. I'll start off with:

1. Hojou from Inuyasha: Of course he's cute, the most popular guy in school, and probably has good grades, but another thing: He's obsessed with health. If you watch the Inuyasha series, you can observe the *things* he gives to Kagome. Second: He is CLUELESS. Kagome doesn't even like him, and yet he chases after her. Dude, get a hint. If let's say I do give him a chance; then say, "It's over" loud and clear; he would be like, "Pardon? What did you say?"

2. Rau Le Creuset from Gundam SEED: One word-- Psychopath. He's also a little druggie, isn't he? I don't think my parents would appreciate him.

3. Miroku from Inuyasha: It's not about looks, it's about trust. I don't want a two-timer near me. He might even do the old "Would you please bear my child" line to my mom or my sister. Haha. Classic.

Oh, shoot!! Didn't read the whole thing properly. I'm supposed to say who I WOULD go out with too, right? Silly me. :animeblus

1. Athrun Zala from Gundam SEED/Destiny: He is SO frickin romantic, and knows how to treat a girl right. He's smart, he's loaded, and he's really nice. Everything that a girl looks for. Also, I want those Haros that Lacus has ^^

2. Yzak Joule from Gundam SEED/Destiny: One word--Sexy. He also has a really nice attitude. Sorta like a cute kid with a bad temper. ^^

3. Dearka Elthman from Gundam SEED/Destiny: Lots of spunk, can be caring when he wants to, and stumbles over his words (Those types of guys are so cute ^^) sometimes. He also has a really hot tan.

4. Sasuke from Naruto: Who wouldn't want him? He's really skillful, and he's a great bodyguard for you. All he needs is just to open up a bit. (Dr. Phil therapy session, please!)

5. Kai from Beyblade: Same reasons as Sasuke.

6. Vegeta: Same reasons as Yzak.

7. Shinichi Kudou from Detective Conan: He's smart, intelligent, and keeps his cool all the time. He can be so romantic when he wants to be.

8. SO MANY FRIKKIN MORE!!

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your two posts together. If there's something you want to add to your first post, please use the 'Edit' button located just underneath it and to the right. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

For one, I would never even concider dating Demon eyes Kyo from samurai deeper. Dont get me wrong, i think he is sooo hot but he is scary and mean. How could anyone feel comfortable to be near him! Also I would never date anyone else who lives his life killing everyone, because well......that would be like a living nightmare! The only killer I would date retired from his duty to slay and thats Kenshin Himura from Samurai X......He would be the only acception. :catgirl:

[SIZE=1][B]Rikuo[/B] from [B]Legal Drug[/B].He seems sorta crabby all the time.I don't like crabby people all that much.

And also [B]Akito Sohma[/B] from [B]Fruits Basket[/B].I wouldn't date him [SPOILER]or her...I might have read a spoiler somewhere and I'm not sure.I haven't finished either the manga or the anime yet so...I really am not sure[/SPOILER] because despite his sweet and gentle side when he is around some other Sohmas,he has injured others.So yeah.Split personalities are a turn-off if I've ever seen one.[/SIZE]

Guest Izumi_Tachikawa
Izzy from digimon 01 would drive me crazy! He's just too smart for me. That, and he seriously needs a new hair style! Enoying much! ;)

[font=Comic Sans MS][b]Kagome from Inuyasha-- I'd kill her within a week.

She's an air-headed teeny-bopper and I can't stand the sound of her voice-- she's like sandpaper on exposed nerves.

There's no one anime character that I [i]would[/i] date, though-- it'd have to be a mix of a lot of them-- I like my partners as complex as possible--lol.
[/b][/font]

Guest Nozomi_Kitsune2
Well, I guess I'm lucky b/c my ex looks so much like Hige from Wolf's Rain. *sighs* I love it! Of course, I wont tell him that. ^_^