OtakuBoards

Dating Anime Characters: Would You?

ChibiHorsewoman

[COLOR=deeppink]Okay, we've done the which anime/Manga characters would you want to date. And we've contemplating who we'd [i]never[/i] want as a roommate under fear of homicidal tendancies either to ourselves or the co-occupant. We've also tried to figure out which anime couples could and couldn't work. Well, now I'm curious-who could you never consider dating? Whether it be just plain being seen in public with the person, or the fact that you worry about homicidal tendancies-either theirs or yours. Just make sure it's not a spammy thing.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple]As for myself I have quite a few people on my [i]Do not call[/i] list:
[b]Rubius from SailorMoon[/b]-I'm guessing this one would take too much time in the bathroom. Oh and his laugh and obsession with pink bunnies would drive me up a
wall, over a balcony and down a yellow brick road.

[b]Masao of Mars[/b]-Hmm let's look at the pros-He's kinda cute. Now the cons-HE's homicidal, sadistic, and crazy. Oh, did I mention he's killed people? Well, the cons outweigh the pros so he's a no go.

And for the last one of the night-[b]Naraku[/b]-The baboon pelt is enough to drive a girl off, but let's go deeper, shall we? He got people to turn against eachother. He kills to get what he wants, and he's a klepto. Oh and he likes to make threats to people. Yeah, this is one I'd take home to meet the family.
Thank you but no, I think I'll stick with what I've got.[/COLOR]

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What character I would not date: Kikyou, from Inuyasha.
normaly I would date someone that cute. but then there is the fact she chases after her Inuyasha, suduced (sp?) him and tried to drag him to hell with her. thats really the only reason, besides that shes actually a clay doll, who kills anything that moves so she can live. (you kinda can't blame her though, she didn't WANT to be brought back to life... it was really U-something I forgot her name ^^; and Naraku.) yeah, I wouldn't walk down the street with her, much less date her. (...shes my favorite character too...)

Lets see here. Anime characters I wouldn't want to date. Hmm......

1. Miroku~ I'm sorry, but I don't care id he is cute or not. That man would drive me insane. not to mention that I would be suspicious if there was any one else almost all the time.

2. Naraku~ I have to agree with Chibi here. This guy is definately not some one who I would want to take home to my mom and dad.

3. Tony~ (Blue Gender) Ok I admitt that the guys is cute, but he is also a sykopath (sp?). I mean he turns an innocent girl into what he is. Then tries to kill all the humans. Yep I deffinately don't want to date this guy.

4. Thunder Brothers~ Alright one is ugly and obsessed with making a hair potion. So he can have hair and get girls. The other one is cute, but he punched a woman through the head just because he was mad. This guy is way to abusive for me to wanna date.

Dilandea (sp?) from Escaflowne... He'd be muttering in a corner "Cheeka, cheeka, cheeka" Everytime he got a little cut on his face! And the fact he's crazy and some other stuff. (I still can't figure ou spoiler tags...)

Another is Tamahome from FY. He's so money grabbing. Originally he had a reason, but even afterwords, he's still like that.

Yuki Eiri, from Gravitation.

Now, don't get me wrong--I love the guy--but in real life he'd be beyond insufferable. I wouldn't wish his psychological issues on my worst enemy. Yuki clearly needs someone extraordinary to [spoiler]help him forget about his past,[/spoiler] and Shindou Shuuichi fits that description quite nicely. I'm sure that I'd be incapable of dealing with Yuki's cruelty and frequent mood swings.

~Dagger~

[color=lilac]Another guy I'd try my best to stay away from is Nakago from Fushigi Yugi. I don't really want to think about what he'd do to me, but I can pretty much guarantee that it wouldn't be kosher. Yeah, so I'm not jewish and so kosher really doesn't matter, but it matters to this girl!
Oh, and Hiiro Yui. Sure, he's hot and Relena would probably commit herself, which are two very good pros, but he's so quiet. Not to mention that he carries a gun in his spandex shorts. I'd only date him if I could change his clothes.[/color]

I'd steer clear of Asuka Langley, the Second Child and pilot of Evangelion Unit 2, from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

This is as not only is she an incredibly arrogant and abrasive character, but also because of her serious mental problems. That might seem a bit nasty - but as Shinji would say; "She's an absolute nutbar!"

I would definitely avoid dating Nanami, from Revolutionary Girl Utena. She's annoying, mind-numbingly stupid, and becomes furious over the most trivial of perceived offenses. Not only that, but both her English and Japanese voices are painfully high-pitched. And let's not forget that she has a .... bizarre fixation on her (admittedly attractive) older brother. I doubt that any girl or boy could successfully compete with her affection for him--and really, why would they bother?

~Dagger~

[color=violet]Let's see:

Sae from Peach Girl - Beside the word "evil", they have her name and her pic too. This girl is just lowdown. She doesn't care about anyone except herself. I'm like, no. And the things that she do to Momo are just....plain evil.

Carrot Glace from Bakuretsu Hunters - Pervert. That's the one word that crosses my mind when I think about him. I couldn't date him because I would be worried about some girl that he would be trying to hit on. Eh...no. I don't have time for that.

Mamimi from FLCL - This lady, goddess...she, singlehandedly, made me stop watching FLCL. I just thought that she was a bit...off. First of all, she's too much of a touchy-feely person. She's grabby, crabby, and is just an all around weird person. Well, not weirder than Gaku or Kamon.[/color]

[COLOR=coral][B]It would be....Kagami Mikage of Ayashi no Ceres. You wouldn't what'll happen to you and the next thing you know, you're his experiment for some weird ambition.

The second guy I'll avoid and never ever want to see him is.....Sha Gojyo from Saiyuki. He's a pervert and never trust him when you're alone with him..*yuck*

The thrid guy would be.....Chinmei from Samurai Deeper Kyo. He looks creepy and damn evil. If I meet him *touch wood*...I'll try every way to avoid dating him. Yes, I mean every excuse I can give that is reasonable.[/COLOR][/B]

[color=hotpink]What about [b]Aki Mikage[/b] from [i]Ayashi no Ceres[/i]? Yeah, he's cute, but he'd probably leave me for his [SIZE=3]SISTER[/SIZE] no thank you ma'am!
[b]Prince Demando[/b] of [i]sailormoon[/i] is another one. Always mooning over Neo queen Serenity. How pathetic! I think I'd have to shoot him.
Last, but not least, how about [b]Ferio[/b] from Rayearth? I don't know where I stand between the odd looking scar and the green hair. And that sword he probably [i]sleeps[/i] with that sword![/color]

I would [i]not[/i] want to date Inuyasha (from Inuyasha, of course). He's rude, stubborn, and incredibly immature--not the best of combinations, neh? I honestly don't know what Kagome sees in him. Sure, he has his likeable moments, and would make a tolerable and rather entertaining friend, but as a romantic interest, he simply doesn't cut it. He's far too busy suppressing his own emotions to be bothered with taking anyone else's into consideration.

~Dagger~

[size=1]It's always the guys that I find appealing in anime that would actually be the worst guys possible to like. Take Wufei, from Gundam Wing. Sure, he's pretty hot, he's intelligent, he's got some mad fighting skillz, but that whole "women suck" thing would kind bother me.

Now, if he was wildly in love with me, maybe it wouldn't be that bad. Hmm.[/size]

I've got a few anime girls I would never want to date. Fey Valentine from Cowboy Bebop definitely, because she takes your money and pisses it away at gambling. She's hot and all, but I'd rather by single then be broke. Excel from Excel Saga, well we all know the reason for that. She is really cute, but just a complete ditz, as well as useless. Sailor Moon for the same reason, but not to the extreme of Excel. I also hate Kikyo from Inuyasha, cause she's insane. I don't blame her for being so, I mean she was raised from the dead to a doll and was killed by, what she thought, as Inuyasha. I do like a lot of the sailor scouts and almost everyone from Final Fantasy though.

[COLOR=deeppink]Let's see, Wufei (GW). definately not....for the fact that he thinks "women suck", and probably for the reason he's wierd. (Although almost all the people in GW are wierd)

Tea(Yu gi oh)- Man, that would just freak me out....if I had to listen to her say all that friendship stuff....bore me to death....

Naraku(Inuyasha)- yeah, i wouldnt want my parents to meet this guy...not to mention what he wears....... :eek:

Miroku(Inu)-he'll probably hit on other girls while dating me.........[/COLOR]

[color=chocolate][size=1]I am really the only one who [i]would[/i] date Naraku. *Minus the baboon suit!* I'm brave and weird.

Let's see...
[b]InuYasha (InuYasha)-[/b]I really wouldn't date him. He is rude, stubborn, and impatient. Plus not the only food in the world is ramen. He doesn't really seem enjoyable. *Thinks of Naraku.* Yeah well I can tolerate him! Wait...[i]what does Naraku eat?[/i]
[b]Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh)-[/b]He's cool and all, but CUT THE FRIENDSHIP SPEECHES!!!!! I wouldn't date a guy that says, "Let's all work together", or anything like that. Friendship speeches scare me very much. [/size][/color]

Well Inuyasha fans listen up! All the nonhunks (in my opinion)
are on InuYasha.
1. NARAKU-He is just sooooo ugly. I like bad men but just not Naraku.
2.SESSHOMARU-Sorry to the many people that like him, I just don't.
3.KOGA-Sure his love and bad attitude maybe attractive, but he's not my type.

Demon Babe:) (Lil' sis)

• 5 months later...
[color=#503f86]I'm sure this has been done somewhere before, heh.

But anyway- since this is verging on being a 'favourites' thread, I'd like to ask those who reply to all explain exactly [b][i]why[/i][/b] it is that the characters would be your chosen anime boyfriend/girlfriend. Otherwise this'll turn into a spam thread very quickly, and it'll hence be closed even more quickly.[/color]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]But anyway- since this is verging on being a 'favourites' thread, I'd like to ask those who reply to all explain exactly [b][i]why[/i][/b'] it is that the characters would be your chosen anime boyfriend/girlfriend. Otherwise this'll turn into a spam thread very quickly, and it'll hence be closed even more quickly.[/color][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Will do Solo :D

If I had to start dating a two demensional character (even more accurately if I was able [i]to[/i] date) I'd have to pick Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing.

Why would I choose Duo? Well simple logic my friends, pure and simple logic...according to a few bio pages I've read about Duo, he's only 5'2 (why do you think fanfic authors always add a few inches) and I'm 5'4 1/2 so he couldn't call me Cheebs or Chibi. There are also sayings about short men, but this is not the place to put them

On a more G rated level I like Duo's character. He's funny, he makes strange faces, and he's got really nice hair and eyes. I'm really big on hair and eyes and I'm just allowing myself to figure that Duo has nice hair.

As for the clothes oh that's what shopping is for. Now you'll all keep my secret right?

Curiousity leads me to do this though: Which Anime or manga character could you just not date?

Me that would be at this moment Masao from Mars.

Yes, I said he's one of my favorite Male villains, but that's precisely why I wouldn't date him (I wouldn't even let him stay at my house for a night) I don't want to wind up with a severe case of deadness.

Masao is a mentally unstable person, he gets put into psyche wards for trying to kill people. He has the police watching him because he has killed people. Hell he has one of the worst tempers I could ever imagine for a 2 demensional character. In book 6 he [spoiler]Shoved this girl on the escalator because she stepped on his foot by accident, didn't realize it and didn't appologize. Then when everyone was falling down and hurting themselves he laughed. Later he told the cop it was like watching dominos.[/spoiler] That's why I have to say no to Masao.[/color]

If i could choose an anime guy to be my boyfriend, then I would choose either Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo, or Itachi from Naruto. Both of them are very big on killing people, and they are utterly sexy. Kyo with his insane killing self and Itachi with his quiet rogue shinobi self.*Drools an ocean* Yeah, if I had to choose for an anime boyfriend, they'd be it. :tasty:

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Anime girlfriend, huh? Tough one.

Perhaps I'll say who I would never date first. In particular, I'd avoid relationships with Exell (is there a C in the her/the show's name?) and Hayate from Exell Saga. Why, you ask? Because they are ditzy and spazes, and I refuse to date a ditz. It goes against my principles.

Anyway, on the subject of who I would date...perhaps Najica from Najica: Blitz Tactics (yes, I've watched it. Call me a perv if you want, but I won't deny it). She's cool, calm, sarcastic...not to mention extremely hot.

That's all I can think of right now. Maybe more later.

-ULX[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Oh, that's a tough one. At first I read this thread and thought "Which anime chara would you want to be so you could also be a couple with x anime character" and I was going to say "Touya so I can shag Yukito" >:D but then I realised I was wrong.

*scratches her head* Anthy, because I'm sure, hiding beneath the scheming and pretend-submissive thing she does, she has a very very wicked sense of humour. A very wicked sense of humour that I *love*. Also, I have a fascination with sorceresses/witches. And only heaven knows what the sex would be like.

On a straighter note, I think "dating" Tastunosuke Ichimura would be fun. He's the typical nice guy who always puts himself out to help others and really needs some nice person to do the same for him. :) And it would be fun corrupting him in the bedroom. Mwuahahahahaha XD I'm one of those weird kinds of girls who prefers the nice guys over the arseholes in this world, oh, and I like the bookish types. So Tastu-nii fills the criteria perfectly. He could do my tax returns for me as well, so I wouldn't have to pay a stupid accountant!

Well, all of that and he's cute as a button as well ^^.

That's all I can think of right now.