OtakuBoards

Battle against the genders

Fyxe

[size=1][color=darkblue]I'm sure you have all noticed that each gender is always in a fight with the other. No, I'm not talking about the stupid little fights about what you want to do or fighting with your boy friend or girl friend. What I'm talking about is the stuff about which gender is better or the rights one or another gender should have.
I have noticed this alot. Example, today when we were reading a book about World War 2 and we were descusing it. Well, our teacher was talking about how the women had taken over all of the work, etc. In the discusion, things like how women did normally better work than men and how they were paid came up. Well, the boys were all fighting about how the women did worse work than the men and that it was fair that the women were paid less for the work they did. Now I didn't think this was fair, so many of us got in an argument.
But honestly, most boys think they are better than women, and that is not fair at all. Tests show that women are better at some things than men, BUT tests also show that men are better at some things than women. So really, we are all even. In my eyes and sciences tests eyes. But the way I see it, men and women are in a constant battle about who is better. I really don't think we need to fight about it, because what difference does it make?
We all have our own talents. I hate to hear insults about either gender, I mean, what if you were the opposite gender for one day? If everyone was switched for one day? Then you would know what it is like to be that gender and you would agree it isn't fair. I wish things were more like that. If everyone could appreciate the other gender. Because, I think it is sily for these battles.... why can't we just get along?
So, what do you guys think about these constant "Our gender is better" battles?[/color][/size]

[B][SIZE=1]Happens all the time in our school. Truth is, no Gender is better. It doesn't happen in my Form (If you have them), but it does through the rest of the school.
Ok, my class say I'm the best drawer in the world (No one knows on here, because I haven't put my best up yet), and once, our teacher asked:
"And who's the best drawer in the world?" And every one shouted my name (because I draw for them). But, a year(grade) 7 kid was in the class, and he was shouting:
"A girl? Boys are well better! Girls can't draw, can't even fight!!!" And all this rubish... and we're all like: "You stupid brat!"

I think it's pointless. Even my class can figure that out, but it's the stupid new kids who think girls are weak and they're better! A girl can be as strong, smart, good at drawing, writing, as a boy. I think it's so unfair that some girls can't do things because they're a female.

I wanted to join a team in D&T (Design and Technology), for making racing cars, but I couldn't because they didn't want 'Girls'! So I made my own team and we beat them... cocky gits!

I think when Boys and Girls say they are better, they're wrong because any day they could prove them wrong! I might be the BEST in the world at saying something fast. Why am I the best in the world? Because what I say is made up, and no one understands it! It's just a load of junk I put together that I made up, so the boys will NEVER beat me at my own game![/B][/SIZE]

Men and women are different, they work in different ways. They complement each other.

I find no real truth in the idea that either men or women are better.

According to the Bible, the man is to be the head. That doesn't mean men are better, it just means they tend to take the lead a lot of the time. But in all fairness, there are equally times when a man needs to submit to the woman. Being "the head" of a relationship is just a general thing, not an "in all situations no matter what" kind of thing.

And when it's taken in that context rather than "women are inferior", most women don't have much of a problem with it.

[size=1]I always thought gender stereotypes were funny - definitely too funny to take seriously. There are so many double standards, for both sides. For instance, a man who appreciates art and dresses well and cares about his appearance is for the most part considered gay, while a woman who is assertive about her opinion is a *****.

In one of my classes, though, we just called out the first things that came to mind about the opposite sex. At first it was it was pretty politically correct, but after a few seconds we really started to get into it. Just going back and forth like that. I'm not really insulted by it at all, at this point. Though for the most part, I've never really met anybody who was actually serious about it. Occasionally you hear a degrading pick-up line having to do with subtracting clothes and multiplying and all that, but it's all in jest.

I hope. >.>[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dan L [/i]
[B]Men and women are different, they work in different ways. They complement each other.

According to the Bible, the man is to be the head. That doesn't mean men are better, it just means they tend to take the lead a lot of the time. But in all fairness, there are equally times when a man needs to submit to the woman. Being "the head" of a relationship is just a general thing, not an "in all situations no matter what" kind of thing.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=violet] I think it was put very nicely in the Bible ( I don't remember the chapter, Genisis maybe?) God Made Eve a Helpmate for Adam. Meaning that God himself (if you have a Christian perspective)made Man and Woman equal in His image.
I also like how it was put in My Big Fat Greek Wedding-THe man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And we can turn it whichever way we please.
Which makes me wonder who turns the head in a same sex relationship. Of course, that's off topic.
It's been found that women do figure out things beter than men, yet men are stronger. But we have better memories. Just ask my husband.
Okay, there's my say.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bloodsin [/i]
[B]Most guys have their head up their a[i][/i]ss.
Most Women don't know what they want. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=darkblue]I highly disagree with your attachment. :rolleyes: Only the shallow girls only care about money. I really don't give a d*** about money, it doesn't make my world go 'round. What do you mean by 'Women don't know what they want'? Don't know about others, but I always know what I want. :p So I disagree with what you have to say.
But I pretty much agree with everyone else.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]BOYS RULE GIRLS DROOL.

Those are my thoughts on the subject. [/B][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bloodsin [/i]
[B]Most guys have their head up their a[i][/i]ss.
Most Women don't know what they want. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=violet] This is going to sound extremely immature on my part, but...
[SIZE=3][b]Thank you very much for proving the superiority of the female brain![/b][/SIZE]
Atleast most of us gave some reasons. This makes me wanna say Thank goddess I'm female! *happy dance*
[b]edit[/b]I also have to agree with Conna. I always know what I want and how to get it. I could care less about money, unless I have a car payment due, or the insurance or another bill. But hey, that's why I work and so does my husband, That is the only time I seriously concern myself with money.
I personally find many men to be shallow. Especially the ones who care about how a woman looks or spend hours on their hair and clothing.[/color]

Guest cloricus
Because it's true... They cost way too much.

Meh both sides have advantages and disadvantages, one would have more advantages though having never sat down and thought about what they are I wouldn't have a clue. One would have to be superior but even then it's relative so I guess this debate parallels the "what does God like more? Microsoft for letting them exist or Open Source for letting SCO die in its grave" debate.

I think both genders do have pro's and con's and no one is neccessarily better than the other. But, I'm glad i'm male, and I would choose to be male over female any day. I'm not trying to be sexist, but hey, no childbirth, no periods, and I don't have to dress like a slut to get the opposite sex to notice me. Of course, even though I don't want to be one, I couldn't, and wouldn't, want to imagine life without them ~_^

[color=#707875]The idea that Eve came from Adam is a bit silly though, considering that (biologically speaking), men come from women. The female gender is actually the absolute source of human life. Women even have longer life expectancy and so on. So...women are much more the source of humanity than men.

In any case, we live in a modern society. Although men and women do have certain in-built biological traits that seperate them, we live in an age where men and women are expected to have similar responsibilities in life. Of course, there will always be differences. The very fact that men and women [i]are[/i] biologically different will always play a role, regardless of the law and regardless of the perception of men and women.

Still, I don't think any of that matters. I don't treat someone differently because they're male or female...my treatment of them is based on the way they treat me. In the same way, if you look at the boards here...quite often, there are cases where you don't know whether someone is male or female. So really, you have no choice but to base your opinion of them on their post quality.

In some ways I think that makes a community like this even less likely to rush to judgement, because you can't physically see the person who is posting. So you can only base your view on what that person says in their posts.

And in my experience, no one gender is worse than the other when it comes to spamming. Both men and women can be equally guilty of l33t and other ignorant Internet practices. ~_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]The idea that Eve came from Adam is a bit silly though, considering that (biologically speaking), men come from women. The female gender is actually the absolute source of human life. Women even have longer life expectancy and so on. So...women are much more the source of humanity than men.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
But thats talkin about the [i]first[/i] man and woman. It only happened like that once, and it only will happen like that once. Never again will it happen. And women didnt start gettin pregnant until after the first sin(thus Eve was the first one to go throught he pain of giving birth to a baby, which was Cain and Abel) If you want to know the whole story behind that, then PM me, I'll let ya know. -_o But this discussion aint about that. So lets move on.

But like Dan said, the man is supposed to be the "man of the house", meaning the man shouldnt sit around and let the woman do all the work(basically, shouldnt be lazy and have the beautiful and fragile woman break her back for him.)but in all respect, man and woman are equal partners. I'm not sayin that man is better then woman, nor am I sayin vice versa because if I did say either of those, I'd be lyin. Man and woman are the same. Just woman looks better. ^_^ And in most cases(I know I'mma gonna get lit up for this, but eh), women are more intellegent then us. *Thinks to self: Aaah, I didnt say that did I? Not out loud anyway. -_-* And it is a proven fact that women mature faster then we do. I mean, by the time a woman hits the age of 15, they're basically fully cofused on school, work, and all that other good stuff, while we in our 20s are still throwin t-p over old folks houses and blowin spitballs in restaurants(I dont do that, but I know idiots that do).

And also, the huge factor in this is that although a woman shouldnt be workin those hard jobs, they still have to go through the absolute most pain that there is to go through and thats pregnancy. Thus is another case of bein the "man of the house". The man needs to be there to take care oft he woman during that time period, aswell as after. Women need all the support that they can get during this...and in some cases so do men. lol

So yeah, not much of a difference between man and woman. We all equal.

Word Life. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]The idea that Eve came from Adam is a bit silly though, considering that (biologically speaking), men come from women. The female gender is actually the absolute source of human life. Women even have longer life expectancy and so on. So...women are much more the source of humanity than men.[/color][/B][/QUOTE]

Firstly, I don't see how living longer makes you the source of humanity... ??.. or maybe that was a seperate point altogether.. it was just kind of said in the same block :p

Secondly, it's kind of a chicken-egg question: Which came first, the woman who gave birth or the man who gave her the baby? :p

As J17 said, men come out of women now, but still they only come out of a woman due to the presence of a man before their birth. So biologically speaking, both sexes must be present in order for any more men (and women) to come about.

The whole thing with having genders is that in order to produce an offspring you need one of each gender. If an offspring is produced in any other way, then the organism is without gender, and reproduces asexually.

The advantage of the two-gender approach is that the gene pool is mixed by the breeding, whereas asexual reproduction simply produces a copy.

However you have a bit of a problem when you only have one gender and not the other. So this begs the question:

Woman needs man to have a child, Man needs woman to have a child. How, biologically, can one be the ultimate source when both are needed to produce any offspring at all?

Back to the original point, I do believe that woman came from man in the original creation. But I also believe that we are all made in God's image. All that is really meant by saying "woman came from man" is exactly that.

Do you have a problem with the fact that you came from your parents?. All it means is that we are [b]the same kind[/b]. Not that one is superior to the other.

Biblically, God may have created woman to love and be loved by man.. but come on.. I mean, he created man originally to look after a Garden, and woman to help him with that as well. You're not exactly missing out on much of a divine purpose if you're a woman. It shouldn't really matter that much [i]who[/i] came first, but the fact that we were created to be part of the same team, which is one of the points of the biblical creation story.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dan L [/i]
[B]Firstly, I don't see how living longer makes you the source of humanity... ??.. or maybe that was a seperate point altogether.. it was just kind of said in the same block :p

Secondly, it's kind of a chicken-egg question: Which came first, the woman who gave birth or the man who gave her the baby? :p

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]What I meant is that, biologically, men are made from women.

All human beings begin as females. A fetus requires the implantation of the Y chromosome at a certain developmental stage to make it a male. So a male is technically a "biproduct" of a female.

That's what I meant. The idea of Adam & Eve is [i]very[/i] quaint, to put it mildly. I would sit here and run through the millions of reasons why even the most basic scientific fact contradicts that tale...but I won't. Not only because this isn't specifically a religious discussion, but also because we're talking about whether man and woman are equal...or, which is "better" and what their traits are.

So, let's keep it to that. I'll extend that basic courtesy to everyone else if it is afforded to me.[/color]

First Man and Woman?
Wasn't Lilith the first woman?

For reference:
[url]http://www.atomick.net/fayelevine/pk/demons02.shtml[/url]

As for the opinion on gender wars.. personally either gender can be just as bad - or as good - as the other. So, I try to only judge people by their personalities, sometimes by their appearance (hey if they're 'scary' looking to me, I'm gonna be cautious right? My definition of scary maybe different to yours), than gender/sex (because they are different things - sex is the physical while gender is the .. mental).

[size=1]Gender is very cultural. So depending on where you live and what you've been taught, it can be very different from what somebody else says. Generally though it's more about the characteristics and meanings we assign to the sexes. Thus, though one's sex is biologically determined, one's sexual identity or gender is culturally constructed. It's one view, anyway.

The Lilith thing seems a bit.. bogus to me. I'd just like to know how people can come up with so many different ideas about this, and what the bible "says" - what imaginations. ^_^[/size]

There's a reason the stories about Lilith and other such things do not appear in the Bible. I doubt any religous-minded person would put any credence in her existance.

It's all well and good with mythology, but it's not really applicable to this stuff. Just like the countless other myths from Jewish and Christian beliefs are barely of importance now, and probably never were. Lilith is another one of those things that people can go anywhere with... I've read things about people considering her to be the first succubus, for example.

Anyway lol.

[color=crimson]As previously mentioned, both genders have pros and cons. The main thing I hear about is intelligence- that women are, generally, smarter than men. Maybe this isn't as much of a debate anymore, but that is the main thing I seem to be hit with whenever I listen in on these debates. I've met alot of stupid men and alot of stupid women- I don't really think either gender has a natural proficency with IQ.

But this is my opinon. The truth might be stranger than the fiction.[/color]

[size=1] Scientifically, men are smarter than woman on the subjects of math and science and are usually more aggresive and stronger. For the defense of woman, woman are usually more intelligent in the areas of Language Arts. They're also more sensitive, less strong, and not as aggresive. [Who gets the higher rates on crimes and rape...MALES. :p]

Which sometimes can be a load of bull.

But anyways, I guess it's partly true. If I look around my TAG [like a Honors/Advanced class] classes in science and math, there's usually more boys and girls. Um...the language art classes are usually well split down the middle. O_o

MOVING ON....and if you take a look at the Olympics, you will see that in the track/field and ski-racing, the mens' overall scores are practically always better than the womans' overall scores.

Then there's a fact that boys can be extremely insensitive and stupid while woman are usually more mature. [Who hits puberty first, eh?] Heh.

Well anyways...woman can be just as strong[er], smart[er], etc.[-er!] than man at anything. [/size]

Guest cloricus
[quote]woman can be just as strong[er][/quote]I thought males generally have more muscle mass than females and if both were to work out and be fit the male generally would still win?
I'm incredibly unfit (no not fat) and I can beat nearly every girl in my grade in an arm wrestle or running race easily in most cases.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]BOYS RULE GIRLS DROOL.

Those are my thoughts on the subject. [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiHorsewoman [/i]
[B][color=violet] This is going to sound extremely immature on my part, but...
[SIZE=3][b]Thank you very much for proving the superiority of the female brain![/b][/SIZE]
Atleast most of us gave some reasons. This makes me wanna say Thank goddess I'm female! *happy dance*.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Because you can't detect sarcasm, it makes female brains superior? Your logic is flawed!