OtakuBoards

Launching: Project Deep Swing

Baron Samedi

Yes, the Mr. Men phase passed quickly... however this is much much better. Prepared to follow my naming reasons?

Deep Swing is a band who made a song called 'In the Music'

My bannner relates to music, and it's scene. So, here goes. Enjoy.

Hopefully some poeple will see fit to comment this time. Most of my other launches were dismal failures.... someone once said that lack of replies in Art and Design meant your banner was either real crap, or real good. I don't know about that, but I'd love some replies.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=528236[/img]

[COLOR=firebrick]I'm really no good in commenting on people's work (apart from saying 'oooooo, pretty') *lol*

The blue/green is seamlessly merged and so is the orange/red , but the two together are not. Was that an intent ?
It'd be interesting to see what it lookes like more blended in, but maybe that won't do it any good.

Like I said, I'm no good at this ^_^

It looks really good, the border fits nicely and it gives an overall feeling of being lost in the music....

- Mimmi[/COLOR]

To sum it up in one word: "kick***".

This, in my opinion, is one of the best banners I've yet to see here. It's composed well and the image is abstract, yet still indentifable. The use of color is great, in particular. What you've done is something I stick with quite a bit -- a heavy use of primary colors to seperate things. I think it usually works quite well, and it certainly did in this case.

Baron. . . . You are my baanner-making God!!!!!!! The banner is awesome. It has an abstract quality to it although you can still see the actual pictures to it. The colors are good. Except for where the green and yellow meet. The others have this nice flow that is seemles, but when you hit the green and yellow it's like Bam! you had yellow now you have green. No flow whatsoever. But the rest is the best! I think you just moved up to number one on the list of my-banner-making-heroes. Nice Work!!!

~haze

[color=#707875]Compared to much of your other work, Baron, I think this is a big step up. It's a step up in the sense that the use of colour is very strong and the composition works pretty well. It also comes across as being very crisp and "professional", rather than sloppy.

So, I like it. I'm a big, big fan of strong/vivid colours. While it's nice to go for a more subdued monochrome look now and then...there's nothing like some vivid colours. It makes me appreciate the fact that I'm not colour-blind or something. It's just too good to miss out on.

So yeah, thumbs up for this one. I don't know if I'd actually give you a "score", because I generally don't do that in here. But I do like it -- I also like the border. It doesn't overpower the work.[/color]

[size=1]To basically repeat everybody else, yeah, nice job. It's a gorgeous banner - the colors are [i]definitely[/i] my favorite part. Despite the number of things going on in it, it's very crisp and clean and deliciously lovely. ^_^

This one is easily my favorite of your banners to date, hands down.[/size]

You know Baron, weird naming system aside, your banners overall impress me quite a bit. Especially considering you only started making them recently. They're very original, different from anybody else's on the boards, and always have that clean feeling to them that I really like. I think their originality always scores huge points with me, especially the honeycomb one.

And I loved the Mr. Men one. You just make new ones too quickly for me to comment, I am a very slow commenter, as you may have realized.

All that being said ... I actually think I like this one the least out of all your banners. Don't shoot me, everybody who's complimented it, I just don't like rainbow things. Also, I don't really understand the image, I suppose, and the green and yellow sections are very obviously separated, which is a little odd since the rest of the banner blends really well together.

I'm still impressed by your image manipulation skills, though (er, I'm assuming that's more than one image you blended together, I still really have no idea what the image is). So there are my two cents.

Oh yeah -- the avatar was a well-chosen part of the banner, by the way. :)

[color=gray]Calm down! O.O
you're still supposed to be less good than me y'know? =/

Ahem. Anyways the banner is really nice and just perfect the way it is ^_^
I like the colors with teh white BG and the abstractness makes it all even better.[/color]

Other than the abrupt break between the green and yellow, this banner is really incredible. It's simply so well balanced and blended; every detail adds something to the greater whole. Your use of abstract imagery really captures the essence of music, and the banner has a certain dynamic quality that makes it much more interesting than the average static image.

My main complaint is that the break between colors, although nicely centered, interrupts the movement of the eyes and detracts from the lovely, flowing sort of effect that can be found everywhere else.

~Dagger~

The break between the yellow and the green was entirely purposeful... The green and blue side was there to illustrate the private side of the music... it contains a picture of a computer processor [the green part] and a wave-length area. This itself has text over it, to show lyrics. This side is more the private, personal experience of music. The red and yellow represents the group, trendy aspect. I had to alter the hand and the mixing table picture at school, coz I don't have the best program, but the rest of it... I magnified a gradual fade, and erased some parts which I overlayed over a colour-changed picture of a ship on the ocean. The ship doesn't relate to music, but all you can see of it is the clouds which I wanted for a... volume. The arrows and circles I thought should be there because they fitted in well with what I was after. The Z's though [they always looked like Z's to me] I got from another picture I found somehwre. I thought that typography was awesome, and so I copied it into my banner.

I'm totally wrapped with how many responded... and I too feel that this is one of my better banners.