OtakuBoards

Animal Crossing 2

Ganon6d9

This is my first ever thread so I don't really know what I'm doing but I really love the game Animal Crossing and I keep thinking of ways to improve it so I decided to do this. A thread where everyone could post their ideas on how Nintendo could make Animal Crossing 2 better than the original (I just hope Nintendo listens to their fans). So here goes nothing.

How about the ability to move the camera about and look out at the town from a first person view, maybe they could even include a watch tower or something so you could have a 360 degree view of your whole town.

How about customising your ceiling, you could be able to change the colour of it and put on different lights. Like putting chandeliers or disco lights up. Then you could string your own surround sound system up and have a party.

That's another thing, you should be able to throw parties and the animals that you invite could judge you on how good it is by the music etc. Then you could go into town as another person the next day and all the animals would comment on how good [your name]'s party was and that you should've been there.

I also think that you should be able to have data from certain games in another memory card which opens new features in the game. Like a karting arena from Mario Kart data, or if it's winter time and you have 1080 data you could go snowboarding. How about if you have Wave Race data then Kapp'n could take you to a Jet Skiing area out in the middle of the sea.

Another thing they could do would be to have a character customiser at the start of the game so you could have a say in what your character looks like instead of having eyes that look like you're on some kind of crack binge. And you should also have seperate hats, like you could be able to put a cap or a beanie on. And you should be able to change your hair style, and then if you get bored with that style you could go to the barbershop and change it. You should be able to change your height and size etc. as well.

You should also have different kinds of clothes, like having trousers and stuff. It would be wicked to have a pair of jeans and a jacket on. Or maybe overalls or something.

They should also improve the design editor, maybe make it so you can have the front and back different, maybe put a little writing down the sleeves of your brand new jacket. How about shoes, hiking boots and sneakers etc.

Another thing would be to choose where your house goes, and be able to add different rooms, like a living room and a games room, things like that. You should also be able to store things in the attic as well as the basement.

The town should also be bigger, so then there would be more space for more animals. And when your town gets big enough Tortimer could build a bridge to another town so then you wouldn't be stuck in the one place all the time. Also I think that the Acre system should be taken out so that it's just one big scrolling map. I don't like the idea of making the town the way you want it because that takes away from the realism of moving in to a new town.

I like the idea of bikes and boats and other things, every time Kapp'n takes me out on the boat I feel like making him stop and we can do some deep-sea fishing. There should also be bigger beaches, so then you would walk down on a sunny day and see other animals swimming and getting a tan and stuff. That's also another thing that should be in there, swimming. Then they could put a coral reef there and you could do some scuba diving.

I would also like to see the return of K.K. Slider but he should bring a band along with him, just to give his music a little more style.

Another thing that I'd like to see but it probably wouldn't happen is that they let you go spear fishing, how fun would that be.

Well that's my two cents worth, I hope that everyone here has something that they'd like to see in AC2.

[color=#707875]Pretty cool second post, Ganon. Welcome to OtakuBoards; I hope you're enjoying the place. ^_^

You have some good ideas there. I haven't really thought much about my own ideas for AC2...so let's see.

1) I like the idea of choosing how your character looks; choosing hairstyle, eyes, colour, clothing and species would be great.

2) I would like to have multiple towns, rather than just one. That is...you'd start in your own town and it would have its own inhabitants, but there would be other towns that you could visit. So you could actually travel by road/sea/air, to other towns.

So maybe there would be a kind of world map, with different regions. Perhaps you could go out and collect rare fruit from faraway lands yourself; or you could move from town to town, or own multiple houses in different towns.

2) Two player split-screen. I'm not sure how viable it'd be (the GameCube would have to load two games at once, basically), but it'd be interesting to say the least. Maybe some multiplayer games would be fun...perhaps a multiplayer fishing element (one person rows the boat, one person hooks the fish).

3) What about travel? I spoke about having many towns/villages interconnected in the one "world map". What if you could purchase cute little cars or airplanes? You'd need to pay for their fuel and maintenance though, of course, as with any other tools.

4) Expanded farming elements. Maybe you could keep pets...or cultivate a simple form of lifestock (chickens?). I guess that's getting into Harvest Moon territory though. But it'd be a fun way to earn cash.

5) On that subject, what if you could do other jobs to earn cash? I mean, maybe you could paint people's houses for them. Perhaps -- if we wanted to get a bit crazier -- you could become Mayor of your town. Maybe that way, you could actually "design" your town (you could build bridges and things like that). And that, in turn, would provide other benefits.

Yeah. Those are just off the top of my head ideas. Some aren't that viable...but hey, it's a dream afterall. ~_^[/color]

A little off-topic: I just think it's cool that Ganon has an Eternal Darkness quote in his sig ^_^;

Personally, I'd like to see the whole world map idea that James was building on come to fruition. How cool would it be to go to exotic lands and be able to pick up rare fruits/items/decorations/what have you? It would be an interesting Animal Crossing experience to say the least.

Cars and airplanes would also be a cool, if expensive, endeavor. Just imagine if your animal were able to get rich enough to be able to afford it's own personal airplane! o_O;

Customization of the animal you start out as would also be very welcome. I was a tad disappointed with the animals that you could play in the first game because they didn't really appeal to me, heh. But who knows what kind of whacked out animal I'd create if I were given full (or even partial) customization?

There's more but I'm on limited time right now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875] 4) Expanded farming elements. Maybe you could keep pets...or cultivate a simple form of lifestock (chickens?). I guess that's getting into Harvest Moon territory though. But it'd be a fun way to earn cash.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=midnightblue]Yes, the pet element would be very cool. I can just imagine Tortimer walking around in a very large, heated, wet reptile tank in my brand new customized house. :p

But in all seriousness..

I just think that making the game more expansive and adhering to real life (Only with human-sized talking animals..) with some graphics and music that would make Gamecube proud would make a really awesome Animal Crossing 2.

[b]Purchase of transportational items[/b]- I suppose this would be interesting, but I would not really care that much about it. Just taking the train to different towns would satisfy me. I think Animal Crossing characters move at a decent speed (Around a 10 by 10 grid) and purchase of a bike would be rather useless.

[b]More characters[/b]- I think putting in some more characters that work in museums, or shopkeepers, or whatever, would be nice. I mean, in every town you have a Tom Nook selling things, and a Tortimer asking you where to put a bridge. I say making maybe a set of five shopkeepers, five mayors, five police officer teams, would give the game more of a sense of realism.

[b]Some actual voices?[/b]- The weird gibberish speak of the animals bothered me some. So much that, in combination with that awful rainy day music, I [i]never[/i] had my volume up at all while playing this game. Voice acting may be annoying too, but in my opinion it may be better than some little beeping sounds.

[b]More ways to earn cash[/b]- Come on, people. Finding a hundred bells in a bag every day is barely a decent income. I say make a fourth option when you talk to animals- The third one will be a work-for-items option, the fourth being a work-for-money thing..

But no matter what they do, I probably wouldn't buy Animal Crossing 2. AC1 was fun for a while, but it got tedious six months ago and I haven't played it since. I would probably just.. Rent it.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, I really have no idea if this holds any truth at all, but I seem to remember hearing a rumor or something about someone at Nintendo mentioning that they wanted to do a two-player split screen mode so two people could be in the village at once. I think that'd be cool and all, but I'd barely ever get to use it, since no one else in my family plays Animal Crossing. I'd rather have some sort of online play, where you could visit other peoples' villages if you knew their town and character name, or something like that. All the town data would have to be stored on servers for it to really work well, though; otherwise you'd both have to be playing at the same time, which could be hard to arrange.

Besides that, though, the biggest improvement I'd want would be bigger houses. You should start out with the same little 4x4 house, but you should eventually be able to get a three story house with a basement and attic, and multiple rooms on the three main floors. Three rooms just isn't enough space for all the cool furniture and stuff in the game. Also, a backyard would be neat.

Another thing: a mini-storage type place. I mean, sure, you can order most things out of your catalog after you've gotten them once, but what about the things you can't order? Like the various holiday furniture series, and the gulliver items, and stuff like that. Storing stuff in letters at the post office is such a pain, and burrying stuff (or leaving it on the ground) looks really cruddy. Again, for the sheer amount of cool stuff in the game, there's just not near enough room in your house to keep even a small fraction of it.

And I agree with the issue of more character customization. I'd love to be able to choose different facial features, or maybe even draw my own face like you can do with Blanca. You should also be able to take off that stupid hat! I mean, what the heck is with those horns, lol? Hats, shirts, and pants should all be seperate, and you should be able to choose not to wear a hat if you don't want to. (As for pants and shirts, I...uh...I won't go there). And of course, you should be able to choose your hair color and style and whatnot.

I also want that free-moving camera that Ganon mentioned. There've been a lot of times that I've wished I could rotate the camera while outside, even if it were only the amount that it lets you rotate it while inside. Full 360 degree rotation would be awesome, and would certainly make it easier to find those pesky weeds that like to hide behind trees and only stick out a tiny bit.

There's also a few minor things that I think should be improved with furniture, such as being able to rotate something that's sitting on a table without rotating the table itself. And making dressers and wardrobes hold more than three pieces of clothing. Seriously, some of those wardrobes should be able to hold twenty or more shirts--you shouldn't need five different dressers in order to keep a decent selection of clothing on hand. And I also want bigger fish tanks that I can put multiple fish in, with the same thing for insect containers. If I could do that, I'd devote my entire basement to being one giant aquarium with all the kinds of fish I've caught (which happens to be all of them, heh). And having a Koi pond in the aforementioned back yard would just be awesome. ^_^

As for the farming elements that James mentioned... Somehow, I imagine some of the animal villagers wouldn't take too kindly to that, lol. I mean, how would you feel if you saw a miniature version of yourself imprisoned in a cage for the amusement of your neighbor? All the villagers would rise up against you, lol.

And that's about it for my ideas, at least for now. I'm sure I've come up with various other ones, but I think this post is long enough as it is. Even if there is a ton of stuff you can do in Animal Crossing, there's just so much more that could be added. :cross:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B][color=midnightblue]
[b]Some actual voices?[/b]- The weird gibberish speak of the animals bothered me some. So much that, in combination with that awful rainy day music, I [i]never[/i] had my volume up at all while playing this game. Voice acting may be annoying too, but in my opinion it may be better than some little beeping sounds.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Eh, the gibberish speak of the animals in AC never really bothered me too much - I'd probably prefer it to regular voice acting, which I think would take away from the overall charm of Animal Crossing.

Also, voice acting isn't always the preferable option, anyway. Look at StarFox and StarFox 64 - I much preferred the gibberish speak on StarFox to SF 64 (though, this was probably due to Slippy's incessant whining - you had to save him every couple seconds, for God's sake).

Blargh, the things I forget.

I actually noticed that about a couple weeks after I began playing Animal Crossing. I recognized one of the animals saying "the" and that piqued my interest. The next time I talked to the animals, I listened in very closely and found that the animals were indeed using real words (I even think that they sounded out the name I used so that it sounded like they were saying that, too).

I haven't played AC in a while, though, so I completely forgot about that lol. Very strange the things I remember and the things I forget :whoops:

I think somethings to improve the game is the ability to take your stupid hat off, When youwrite a letter, I'd like a n anwser that anwsered what you wrote. I think it'd be cool if yo could design the front,back,and hat on your designs at the Able sisters.
The last thing I can think of is a two-player ability.(Meaning,split-screen playing,you can talk to the other person playing and write your own response.) Ooooo! I gave myself another idea. You can write your own response to any animals! Well, that's all:)
Demon Babe:) (Lil' sis)

But its not voice acting ;) its just text-to-speech technology, which means it can (if it is actually pronounceable) say your name too, like my name on there is Igeryu (EE geh REE YUU), but it just calls me igeru...its trying, and I give it credit

Anyone heard of the game Harvest Moon? it's comin out for gamecube in january. it's pretty much like Animal Crossing, but it has a lot more stuff. and u can date different people, start a farm, get married, raise a family, get a job etc etc........ Well, I do plan on gettin it. It sounds pretty fun.

oh, sorry sorry sorry. forgot. well, yea um, the ideas sound cool for Animal Crossing 2. I would really like to be able to play online, if i could get my modem to work. But today (Christmas Eve) is my one year anniversary for Animal Crossing. and if this is off topic just delete this reply or just work your moderator magic. But leave the thread open. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
[color=indigo]I wouldn't mind starting over at all. Really, the most fun I ever had in Animal Crossing was when I first started playing. Exploring everything you could do and finding new items and furniture kept me playing each and every day for about three months. AC had this sort of magical feeling about it; it was like I never knew what I'd find next, or what would happen next. I was always so eager to get done with school so that I could go play AC during the first couple months of owning the game--more eager than I've been with almost any other game. And if starting over with a new Animal Crossing game could rekindle that sort of fun, I definitely wouldn't mind.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wolfgang688 [/i]
[B]oh,, the ideas sound cool for Animal Crossing 2. I would really like to be able to play online, if i could get my modem to work. . [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this... It would be neat to play online like some ps2 games and x box and so on... Like... i could hit Des with the Axe! Just walk up behind him and WHACK! And more shops or such... The ability to travel with out all that extra memory card stuff. Back yards, bigger houses, more things to do... Yeah i agree with all those too. Clothes choice and appearance... How about a little more life like? Ok so thats askin a bit much but hey... its just my opinion.