OtakuBoards

Soundtracks.

Carr

[color=tomato] [size=1] My aunt gave me the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack for Christmas.(Yes, yes, I am eternally grateful.) It is one of the most awesome CDs I've listened to in a long while. It's just so powerful. I've been listening to it for two days straight.
It occured to me that I would probably like other soundtracks as well.
Any suggestions?
(Besides [i] Lord of the Rings[/i]. People keep telling me I need that one.)[/size] [/color]

The Lion King is a great soundtrack! I love just listening to those songs. It reminds me of back when i was little and it first came out, i couldn't stop singing those songs. Whenever i watch that movie, or hear those songs, it takes me back to my little trailor house sitting in front of the TV, watching it with my brother....oh those good times...that was when he was actually nice to me!

I love the Pocahontas soundtrack. All the songs are beautiful and the instrumental music at the end sounds really good. You could go to sleep on it.

The Romeo and Juliet (w/ Leonardo De Caprio) soundtrack sounds awesome! I can listen to the whole thing straight through.

Oh yeah! And Disney's Hercules soundtrack has a nice upbeat tone to it. Just by listening to the music makes you want to watch the movie. As a matter of fact, I bought the movie on DVD because of the soundtrack. I'm going to go watch it now. Hee hee!!

[size=1]Obviously, I'm going to suggest any sort of Disney soundtrack, and then any sort of Broadway soundtrack. But after that, I like the one for Run Lola Run (I thought the movie was wonderful, and music was perfect for it) and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (which is absolutely gorgeous). And The Rocky Horror Picture Show because it spells good times, and The Nightmare Before Christmas, because it's genius. Yah, that's good and short.[/size]

I've always been a big fan of the soundtrack for the original Star Wars trilogy. Being the big geek that I am, I enjoy listening to the songs on the soundtrack and remembering the particular scenes that they were played in. Helps that the songs on the soundtrack are almost all quite incredible.

The only other soundtracks I own are the Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King soundtracks, both of which are quite good. Both are probably still available somewhere, so those would be nice pickups, heh.

The Nightmare Before Christmas is, in my opinion, the only soundtrack that is truly worth purchase. I have very little interest in listening orchestrations and themes on their own, personally. NMBC has a nice mix of both.

The Spawn: The Movie soundtrack is surprisingly good too. It's nothing but collaborations between bands you figure wouldn't even be playing together. I enjoy listening to it from time to time.

[color=#707875]I strongly recommend The Animatrix soundtrack, if you're looking for something out of the norm. And if you're at all interested in electronic music (even weird electronica/jazz combinations), The Animatrix soundtrack is for you.

Other than that...there aren't too many soundtracks that [i]really[/i] interest me in a big way.[/color]

I liked the Spirited Away soundtrack though it was mostly just the same song played over and over just with little differences. I also enjoyed the Alladin soundtrack just because it had [I]I can show the world[/I] on it. And of course the 8 Mile soundtrack which is one on M&M's best CDs ever.