OtakuBoards

Pokemon: Battle of the Legendary...

Nate

[SIZE=1][B]"Wait! It'll be unfair for us both to watch all our Pokemon at once, so how about a normal battle? 6 on 6 on land?" Lance suggested.

"Fine!" Darious said with a smile. "No running off, we had a deal!" He added.

"Ok, there's a small island just there, it's too small for anyone to be living there." Lance said jumping on his Charizard.

--

When both trainers arrived on the island, Cay flew over head.

"Lance!" She shouted.

"It's ok, I'll be there in a second!" Lance told her taking our a Pokeball. He smiled. "I'll be fair to warn you that my Absol's attack is to it's limit, meaning it used Sword Dance so many times, its powerful attacks could wipe you out. Hey, and after this battle, no hard feelings okay?" Lance said.

"Right! Nidoqueen go!" Darious shouted sending out a huge Nidoqueen. Lance smiled.

"In that case... I pick... NIDOKING!" Lance shouted with a smile. He sent out his Nidoking who was powerful because they had been together for more then ten years. "Nidoking, start this off with a Horn Drill!" Lance said. Nidoking froze when he saw what he was battling, but obeyed Lance. His horn started spinning, and Nidoking charged at Nidoqueen.

"Dodge it!" Darious shouted. Nidoqueen jumped away, and Nidoking tried again, just missing Nidoqueen. Lance looked in confusion.

"Oh no... he isn't acting at his full... he can't be..." Lance gulped. Nidoking was missing on purpose, and Nidoqueen was just dodging with ease, why? Lance knew why, for once he had seen a Pokemon in battle... fall in love, maybe. Darious noticed it too.

"Wha'?" Nidoqueen wasn't acting at her full either.

"Wow... this wouldn't be fair..." Lance said. "Darious...?" He looked over at Darious who was watching his Nidoqueen.[/SIZE][/B]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinobi- *appearing out of nowhere* Love happens in the stangest places...eh Daroius?

Darious- How do you know me?

Shinobi- I know all, boi. Well, not really, but i recognize you from somewhere. Probably in my travels.

Daroius: ....oh.

Shinobi- Well, this looks like it won't end. Half a point to each, is that fair? A tie.

Shinobi stood there, a foot above the ocean, glancing from Lance and Darious.

[SIZE=1][B]Lance smiled.
"Fine! 5 on 5 battle!" Lance suggested returning Nidoking. Darious nodded. "Go Absol!" Lance shouted throwing a Pokeball. Darious smiled.

"Go Electabuzz!" Darious sent out his Electabuzz, while Absol stood there ready.

"Don't say I didn't warn you abouot his attacks." Lance said with a smirk. "No matter how many times Absol uses Sword Dance, his attack doesn't go up anymore!" Lance point forward. "Aerial Ace!" He shouted. It was an attack that was so fast it couldn't miss, and Absol attack power with that move could do the job. Electabuzz crossed his arms over its chest, as Absol's Aerial Ace struck him with so much force he fell down, but not Knocked out. "What did I tell you?" Lance laughed.

"Thunderbolt!" Shouted Darious. Electabuzz jumped up and sent a Thunderbolt at Absol who kept running out of the way. Suddenly, it struck Absol. Shinobi watched with interest. After the Thunderbolt was finished, Absol stood back up ready again.

"I told you... My Pokemon have been with me for more then 6 years, and they don't need power to win." Lance laughed. "Absol...BITE!" Lance shouted. Absol jumped forward and missed Electabuzz, but continued to attack it. Absol then bit Electabuzz on the neck. "Ah... one more Aerial Ace and that's it..." Lance said to himself. Electabuzz knocked Absol off and moved back.

"I can still win." Darious laughed.

"Not by a longshot!" Lance said. "Finish it! Aerial Ace!" Lance laughed.[/SIZE][/B]

" Electabuzz use your Zap Cannon!! Paralize( sp) it!!" Darious yelled. A large ball of electricity formed between Electabuzz's hands. Absol was still comig towards him at full speed. Electabuzz released the Zap Cannon right as absol hit him. They were both thrown back and neither got up.

" How did you do that??? I could have sworn that Absol hit Electabuzz." Lance asked puzzled

" He did.. but not full force because of the Zap Cannon.. so it was a double KO... Darious replied.

" thats one and a half points each" Shinobi said.

" Zangoose.. go!!" Darious said and Zaangoose ran out into teh battlefield.

[color=blue][size=1]As Nikkie and Salamence sped through the air, they saw two trainers on a small island in a pokemon battle. Salamence slowed and hovered in the air, trying to see them clearly. "It's the shadows!" Nikkie announced.

"Sorry Salamence, but we've got to follow Latios and Latias. We just have to find out what's going on," Nikkie said patting Salamence on the head. It let out a sad roar, but began flying at an intense speed. They quickly caught up with the two legends. "Salamence, try talking to them," Nikkie whispered.

It nodded and flew close to Latios. Latios turned it's head and acknowledged Salamence, and then began 'speaking' with it. Nikkie tried to understand, but it was difficult. She watched as the two pokemon exchanged roars, and finally quieted.

Salamence slowed down a bit until it was a couple feet behind the legends. Nikkie wondered why, but decided to wait until later to ask Salamence to explain.[/color][/size]

(Swampert reaches Shamouti. David returns Swampert to its Pokeball, then runs into the island's town looking for Melody. Eventually, he finds Melody's sister, Carol. Carol leads him to a point on the island where six stone pillars are arranged in a circle around a raised center with an elaborate sturcter on it. Melody in on the raised center. David runs up to her)

David: Melody, what's going on?

(Melody turns around and sees David)

Melody: You're early. The festival starts the day after tomorrow.

David: Whatever. That's not important. On my way here, all sorts of Pokemon flew above me, including Latios and Latias. I know there was something involving Legendary Pokemon in this area a couple years ago, and it's possible that something similar is happening. Any idea what?

Melody: No. This isn't like last time. And if Latios and Latias are in the area, then whatever is going on is probably a lot more serious.

David: We need to do something.

Melody: I've tried all the ideas I've had.

David: Why did you come up here?

Melody: Because this is where I was with three others when Lugia appeared. A few minutes later, I called it back by playing the legend festival's song on my flute. Lugia sang the same song. I tried to call it with the song, but it didn't work.

David: You'll have to tell me more about that after this is over. Right now, I need to figure out what's going on. Hopefully, I can find out where Latios and Latias are going. Charizard, go! (Charizard appears, and David climbs on its back. It takes off, flying in the direction David came to Shamouti from)

[SIZE=1][B]Lance smiled and took out another Pokeball.
"In that case... Go Blastoise!" Lance throw out his Blastoise into battle, and watched Blastoise raise its cannons. Zangoose stood there as if it was waiting.

"Thunder!" Darious yelled. Lance pointed at Blastoise's foe and smiled.

"Don't let it attack! DynamicPunch!" Lance shouted. Blastoise seemed to smile at the command, because this attack was powerful with any Pokemon, and caused confusion. Blastoise drew back it's fist and smacked Zangoose causing some kind of explosion. Lance covered his eyes and coughed, and when he looked back, it seemed the attack had worked but had confusion both Pokemon! "Interesting..." Lance said humming. He pointed forward again: "Oh well, use Hydro Pump!"

"Zangoose, Slash attack!" Darious said. Zangoose jumped forward over the Hydro Pump and slashed Blastoise, but then Blastoise knocked it back with a powerful Hydro Pump.

"Confusion doesn't seem to do much harm, on neither of our Pokemon! You're the best trainer I've battled with my fully evolved Pokemon!" Lance commented. Darious smiled.

"Zangoose, try another Thunder!" Darious said with a smile.

"Blastoise DynamicPunch! Now!" Lance shouted. Both Pokemon attacked each other at the same time causing a massive explosion throughout the whole Island even covering Shinobi. Lance covered his eyes again and waited for the smoke to clear.

When it did, Lance was shocked.

"It can't be..." His eyes widened and his breath short... both Pokemon lay on the floor.

"That's... another tie!" Shinobi said. Lance couldn't believe it, neither could Darious.[/SIZE][/B]

OOC: 1 point for win, 0 point for loss, 0.5 POINT FOR TIE.

Shinobi: So...that makes it 1.5 points each. Three ties, I swear I haven't seen this in a long...time.

Finally the smoke cleared away completely, and he saw how much he could lower himself without touching water. He crossed his legs and sorta 'sat there', an inch about water. A slight wave came, landing in his lap. He let out a shriek.

Shinobi- WHAT DA (BLEEPADY) (BLEEP) (BLEEP)!?

Shinobi 'stood' up and looked at his clothes.

Shinobi- AND I JUST GOT THESE..

Darious- Then why did you get so close to water?

Shinobi- Because there shouldn't be any waves.

Darious- Well, you must be wrong.

Shinobi- Normally, THERE ISN'T. Lugia gone....No balance in the weather...

Suddenly, Dariou's smirk droped into a frown. His jaw dropped.

Shinobi- ....What?

Darious- Uh...look...back...there...

Shinobi was about to look behind himself when a shadow fell over him, with a foamy top barely visible. Shinobi turned around, looking square into a title wave. His jaw dropped, too.

(Charizard flies over the tidal wave and to the island where Lance, Darious, and Shinobi are. David sees them and directs Charizard down. Charizard lands between the two battling Trainers)

David: You are aware that there's a title wave coming this way, right? By the way, I'm David. (He notices Shinobi floating) That's a new one. Anyway, I recommend you get off of the island.

Shinobi: No kidding. Let's go. Lance, Darious, stop the battle for now. We need to get above that title wave.

Shinobi rose up about 30 feet, and was still rising when Darious shouted at him.

Darious- Hey, what about us??

Shinobi- Every man for himself....hehe

Darious- That's not fair.

Shinobi- Then hold your breath. Heh

Shinobi had about 5 more feet to wise, and 10 seconds to do it. He looked down, then disapeered. He appeared half-way back [b]down[/b]. There, he stood, until the wave was right on him. Then, he ran square into it.

Darious returned all his pokemon exept Dragonite. The wave was about 60 feeet away and the wave was abut 50 feet high.

" Dragonite I know you're still kinda weak from the but you gotta make it over!" Darios said.

Dragonite nodded and started to flap it's wings.

" Lance hop on, Cahrizard would never make it tryin to get past."

" Thanks" Lance replied as he jumped ono Dragonite. Dragonite then flew up into the air about 60 feet and barley got over the wave and the waev came crashing down.

" That was close" Lance remarked.

" Yea... but where's Shinobi....well every man for himself was what he said so lets see if he made it" Darious said laughing.

Lance and Darious watched to see if they saw Shinobi's body.

Shinobi appear out of the back, shooting out behind it. Water ran down his hair all the way to it's end at his lower back. Then, it poured out onto his wet clothes, blending in like everything else. He tossed his head back, thowing all the hair behind him, except for a few clups determined to stay where they were. De didn't care. He started floating again, and started laughing. He came up to their level. Standing there, or wather floatnig there, he starting straight out laughing. He loooked at Darious and Lance, for second, and stopped laughing. He then took both of them, one per hand, and shoved them off of Dragonite. Darious tried to hold on, but his hand slipped. He plumeted to the water rigth behind Lance. They both slashed wdown ,and servficed a few seconds later. Dragonite took it as a game. He turned and dived in right behind them, shooting a big wave out and kicknig water straight up, hitting Shinobi in his face. He started laughing agian as they climbed back on Dragonite as he waded back to shore. He stayed up there, laughing his butt off.

" Not funny." Lance replied

"I agree." Darious rearked.

" Well lets get back to battling." Lance replied

" There's no need. We both can see that are pokemon are a equal match. So I'll join the group and I won't try to catch Latias and Latios. For now that is......" Darious said.

" Yea I guess you're right.." he said. " Now to go after them., but where's Cay???" Lance asked.

Shinobi landed in front of them

Shinobi- Maybe you just don't have a sence of humor.

Darious- Maybe you need to get a life.

Shinobi- Don't mess wit me, boi.

Darious- Maybe you need to shut up.

Shinobi- Make me...

Just then, a figure appeared behind him. He didn't see her though, and kept talking. She put a finger over her mouth to signal to shut up.

Shinobi- Well. You gone say sometin?

???- No, but i will, Shinobi.

Then, the figure put her oarms around his waist and placed her head on his shoulder. He jumped for a second and was about to grab his sword, which was stung over his back, when he saw who it was.

Shinobi- Oh, it's you, Hope. Thought it was someone important.

Hope- What?

Shinobi- Nobdoy has a sence of humor. Including you.

Hope- Now, why would you say that? You know i know your kidding.

Shinobi- Aight, aight.

Shinobi then brought his hands over his headand gave her the best hug he could muster in the the way he was donig it. He then softly kissed her on the lips.

???: Eww....

Shinobi- Is that..who i think it is.....

Shinobi turned around playfully, like he didn't know who it was. A little girl leaped at him, and gave him a hug.

Shinobi- Aurora...how have you been.

Aurora- Fine Shinobi.

Shinobi- Good. You trained your pokemon any?

Hope noded at the same time as Aurora.

Shinobi- Good, at they big and strongnow?

Aurora- Yes

Shinobi- Good girl. Go play if you want....not much to do,...except wait for Cay.

Hope- Who are all of these?

Shinobi- Ah, yes. The guy ova there..Darious aka punk. The other one..is Lance. Cay's coming, i hope...

OOC: Hope is Shinobi's g/f, but they aen't married yet. Aurora is Hope's little girl, and is 5. Shehas two pokemon that she keeps more as pets than to train. Aurora IS NOT shinobi's kid.

Hope turned and looked to Shinobi

Darious then walked over to Hope

Darious: Nice to meet ya (extending his hand)

Hope: Nice to meet you too.. ( the two of them shook hands)

Hope then walked away and Shinobi walked up next to him.

Shinobi: You lucky I ain't Seion and Hope won't Timeka.

Darious: I don'y know either of them and why not?

Shinobi: Because Seion wouldn't think you were shakin Timeka's hand to be nice. He would have thoght somethin else and snapped.

Darious: Oh..... I see

Shinobi then backed away, leaving Darious to figure out what he said. He sat down on a log, watching Aurora play. A few seconds later, Hope joined him.

Hope- What's wrong.

Shinobi- You can read minds..figure out.

Hope- Shinobi, now you know i don't do that for fun.

Shinobi- Just worried for the planet. Lugia was captured-

Hope- I know, i saw it through you.

Shinobi- See, you do read my mind! I knew it!

Hope- Ok, sometimes. Don't worry.

Shinobi- If you say so, Hope.

Hope layed her head on his shoulder, and he watched Aurora play in the sand. He waited for Cay.

(Charizard lands, and David gets off, returning it to its Pokeball)

David: This island's starting to get crouded. By the way, this isn't the time for battles. In case you haven't noticed, things are really messed up right now.

Shinobi: I know. Lugia's been captured.

David: Are you sure? That would explain why Melody's song didn't do anything.

Lance: Who's Melody?

David: A girl I met about two months ago. She's from Shamouti Island, which is at the center of the Orange Islands region. There, they have this holiday they call the Legend Festival. It centers on some legend of a "Chosen One" who retrieves three treasures of some sort from the three nearby islands. Melody's the Festival Maiden. She basically runs the show. I was on my way there to participate in the thing. See, every year they have a trainer gather the three treasures and bring them back to Shamouti, just like the Chosen One in the legend.

Lance: And what do you mean by her song?

David: There's a song she plays on her flute at the start of the festival. Apparently, she saw Lugia once, and apparently it sang that song. According to her, she called it back by playing the song. She was trying it when I got to Shamouti, but it didn't work. If Lugia's been captured, then it makes sense that the song didn't do anything.

Shinobi: So Lugia's a part of this lenged. Does the legend say anything about the screwed-up weather?

David: Well, the legend goes something like this: "Disturb not the harmony of fire, ice, or lightning, lest these titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash. Though the Water's Great Guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail. Thus the earth shall turn to ash. Oh, Chosen One, bring togeather all three, for their powers combined tame the Beast of the Sea."

Darious: What's that supposed to mean?

David: Well, let's figure it out, starting from the top. First, the titans of fire, ice and lightning. Any ideas?

Shinobi: Aren't there three Legendary Pokemon with those types?

David: Why didn't I think of that? Yes, there are. Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno. I bet the Water's Great Guardian is Lugia. The song is probably the one Melody plays. Remember, she told me that Lugia sang that song. The earth turning to ash is obviously what happens if Lugia's song fails, which it will alone. Maybe that means someone's supposed to play the song with Lugia. Anyways, on to the next part. The Chosen One is supposed to "bring togeather all three," but there's no clues as to what three are supposed to be brought togeather.

Hope: Didn't you say something about three treasures?

David: I should have made that connection myself. It was just too obvious, I guess. Yes, I think you're right. The Chosen One-whoever that is-is supposed to gather the three treasures, which togeather, "tame the Beast of the Sea," whatever that is.

Darious: Lugia, maybe?

David: No, it's part of the process, remember? The "Beast of the ea" is probably a metaphor for something. I think I recall seeing Professor Oak on the news call some underwater current that. It was durring the unusual weather paterns a couple years ago, and he said that this current was the cause. That may be connected with what's happening now.

Lance: Do you know anything else about all of this?

David: Unfortunately, no. But I think a good first move would be to find those treasures. Does anyone here dissagree?

----------------------------

OOC: All of that stuff about Lugia and the legend was in the Pokemon 2000 movie.

Shinobi- 'The Beast of the sea' is an underwater current which feeds all the ocean water. Three treasures. One on lightning island, one on fire island, one of ice isladnd. All of them are guarded by the legendary bird that lives on the island. Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno, respectively. Ash did it a few years ago. If that little ignorant snob can do it, i sure as hell can.

Hope- Shinobi, your talknig about the pokemon league champion.

Shinobi- So? He's stupid. That colony of diglet/dugtrio that he stoped. Was all in the news, but did he catch one? HELL NO. the Charizard he had? Gone. Let him go. Pidgeot? Nope, who needs him. He can protect some pidgy. Stupid, i tell you.

Hope- Yea, but he is the pokemon league champion. Be nice.

Shinobi- Yea yea...Let's go.

Hope- Come on Aurora.

Aurora- But mommy, i'm building something.

Shinobi- We can finish it later sweety.

Aurora- Ok.

Darious looked up and saw Latios and Latias, then he saw another trainer and a Salamence.

" Yo look!!" Darious shouted as he pointed up to the legends.

" Come on!! We can't let them get away." Lance replied.

' Well then what are we waiting for??" Darious said as he gave Dragonite a hyper potion and jumped on and took off.

" Wait up!!" lance shouted as he released Charizard and flew off after the legendary pokemon leaving Shinobi and the rest of teh group.

Shinobi looked at Hope and sighed.

Shinobi- This shall be exactly like Johiko...

Hope- Please don't tell me Seion's joining.

Shinobi said nothing, but gave her an odd glance. She could take this as a no. Hope picked up Aurora, and Shinobi started floating again, then shot off after them. Hope followed, teleporting every once and a while to keep up. Within about 10 minutes, they had caught up to Darious, and was gaining on Cay and the legends. When they finally caught up, Shinobi slowed his pace to match theirs, and started chirping and roaring to them. Cay threw a wierd look, like she was wondering what was wrong with Shinobi. Shinobi ignored all the odd glances and continues his little talk. When he finished, Hope asked him what he had said.

(David was following the others on Charizard, but he wasn't really paying attention to where they were going. Instead, he was thinking)

David: (Thinking) Ash gathered the treasures. That guy who asked me all the questions about Lugia after he heard Melody mention it-what was his name? Oh, yeah. Lawrence III-walked off grumbling about Ash when I mentioned the strange weather a couple years ago. Melody said something about Ash being a CHosen One for the festival. He keeps popping up. But why? What role does he have in all of this? Wait. Of course. The stupid thing's a riddle. (Out loud) Charizard, I need to speak to Shinobi. Catch up to him, please. (Charizard catches up to Shinobi. David grabs Shinobi and pulls him onto Charizard) We need to talk. Ride with me while we do. It'll be easier to talk if you don't have to keep teleporting.

Shinobi: What?

David: You don't like Ash very much, do you?

Shinobi: So?

David: Everything you said about why you don't like him actually marks him as a better person than you.

Shinobi: What the hell do you mean by that?

David: Ash's actions imply that he cares not only about himself and his Pokemon, but about all Pokemon. The Diglet and Dugtrio were trying to protect their home. Would you really stop them from doing that? The Pidgy were being ruthlessly attacked by Spearow. Some would have probably died if Ash hadn't released his Pidgeot to protect them. And he thought that his Charizard would be happier in Chariffic Valley. He cared for it enough that he released it in an area where he thought it belonged. You don't like him because of things like that. He cares for all Pokemon. You probably don't. Would you have let the Diglet lose their home, just so you could catch one? Would you have let some Pidgy die, just because you were too selfish to release a Pokemon to protect them? Would you keep your Pokemon, even if they would be better off somewhere else? I'd say yes. Ash said no, and he still became the champion. You would say yes, and what do you have to show for it? Nothing.

Shinobi: Who the hell do you think you are, judgeing me like that?

David: Someone who's not afraid to say what I think. Oh, and one more thing. You can't do what Ash did with the treasures.

Shinobi; And why the hell not?

David: Are you good at riddles? Because the legend contains one. "Thus the earth shall turn to Ash." It doesn't mean ash as in the thing ash. It means the [i]person[/i] Ash. He's the Chosen One, not you. While you might be able to get the three treasures, I doubt that it'll do anything. I'll have to ask Melody why not. In fact, I think you should talk to her. Maybe she can talk some sense into you.

Shinobi: Why the hell should I believe you?

(Shinobi teleports away)

David: (Thinking) I tried to tell him.

-----------------------------------

OOC: Just so it's clear, David's willingness to say that stuff about Shinobi is because of his autism. He doesn't think about what others will think of what he says, because he doesn't understand why people would get upset when he tells them what he thinks.

OOC: Shinobi can't teleport. Nobody knows what makes him fly, he doesn't either. At least..not yet.....he finds out later. He disapeers because of the speed. You'll understand it after a while.

IC:

Shinobi sped away from David, coming back to the group. He slowed down and kept up with both the legendaries and Hope.

Hope- What did David want.

Shinobi- Oh, just wanted to tell me some stuff...you probably know it.

Hope- No, i don't.

Shinobi- Oh, just how because he was nice to pokemon means he's a better person. I don't give up a good, pize winning Primeape to someone who can't cut it? That's wasteing a very good pokemon. It would be better to keep him. But what did Ash do? 'Here you go sir. He is attached to me and will probably have half of his talent wasted because you don't know how to fight, but here you go anyway.' That's my oppinion.

Hope- Maybe there was a greater purpoise to what Ash does then what you can see, Shinobi.

Shinobi- And? David doesn't have to tell me what i already know. It probably won't work, but who knows. It's worth a try.

Hope-What won't work.

Shinobi- The attempt to get the treasures from the islands.

Hope- But only Ash can-

Shinobi- Ash, the chosen one. I know.

OOC: I realize that Shinobi can't teleport, but to David it looks like he does, so teleport is the word I used.

--------------------------------------

David: (Yelling so that the others can hear him) You guys can go look for the treaures if you want, but it'll just be a waste of time. Someone should follow Latios and Latias, as well. I'm going back to Shamouti. I have a few more questions for Melody. (To Charizard) Back to Shamouti, and quickly. (Charizard flies to Shamouti. He flies all over the island untill David sees Melody on the docks, running toward a boat. Charizard lands in front of her, and David jumps off) Hello again.

Melody: David! you caught me just in time. I was about to go looking for Latios and Latias myself. Any new information?

David: Nothing you don't already know, but I was able-with a little help-to figure out what the legend means. we didn't know who the Chosen One is, so we decided to go for the treasures ourselves. But then this guy named Shinobi mentions a trainer named Ash. That's when it clicks. I tried to tell him that Ash is the Chosen One, but he asolutly hates Ash, and i don't think he believes me.

Melody: He should, because you're right. Believe me, I know. So, why does he hate Ash?

David: Because Ash cares. Ash didn't catch a Diglet when a bunch were protecting their home. Shinobi would let their home be destroyed if it meant that he could catch oe. Ash released his Pidgeot to protect a group of Pidgey. Shinobi would let them die, just so he can keep all of his Pokemon. Ash released his Charizard in a place where he thought it would be happier. Shinobi wouldn't, because he would have one less Pokemon. he guy makes me sick.

Melody: Are you sure you aren't judgeing him too soon?

David: Maybe. but I don't have time for this. I have a question for you. Why can only the Chosen One, Ash, get any effect out of the three treasures?

Melody: Because they only activate when gathered by the true Chosen One.

David: That rules out any kind of tricks to make others think I or someone else is Ash. It neads the real Ash. In that case, I'll have to play a different card. I need to get online. Can I use your house?

Melody: Sure. Follow me. (He leads David to her house) I don't have broadband connection or anything like that.

David: Dial-up's fine. (He takes his laptop out of his backpack, finds a phone, dissconnects the phone from the jack it's plugged in to, and plugs a modem cable into the jack. He turns on his laptop) I need a local access number. (Melody tells him one. He connects using that number) I'm on. This will probably take a few minutes.

Melody: What are you doing?

David: A few months ago, I found a chatroom on one site of a web ring about Legendary Pokemon. There are all sorts of facts, theroys, and rumors about varios Legendary Pokemon on that web ring. This one guy's site focuses on the Legendary Bird Pokemon, minus Ho-oh. In the chatroom, people discuss those Pokemon. Scince this involves Lugia, I'm hopeing I can find some information in either the site or the chatroom. It probably woun't tell us what to do, but every piece of information helps. And even if nothing I find helps now, it might later.

ooc: I am the original creator of hope so now here i am to play her... i already talked it over with nate.
-----------------------------------------------------

Hope brushed her fingers through her shoulder long black hair which had changed colors over the years from black with orange to dark blue to light blue and now it was back to normal black. Her steel colored eyes scanned the area and . Hope stood there for a second... her Red kimono with black flowers flowed in the wind for a moment. She then continued along.

"You know shinobi... you shouldnt hate ash like you do... He has a reason for the things he does... I too would set free a pidgeot to protect a flock of pidgey... i can ALWAYS get another pokemon like it... And as for the charizard.... um Shinobi.... im sorry but i gotta agree with him for that... if My rapidash wanted to live in the wild in a heard it used to live in or something like that id always think of whats better for the pokemon ... not for me. You seem to think of only yourself in this sense... Pokemon arent here to serve you completely... they are to be your friends as well..."

"Oh brother... another lecture."

Hope glared at him and smacked him along side the head, "Because its true... But i sense great tension between you and david and i beg of you to not start any more arguments..."

"Fine...whatever"

Hope thinks to herself for a moment....[i] yeah right... i dont beleive that [/i]

OOC: Haven't seen you in a while, Blanko.

--------------------------------------

(David is silent for a few minutes as he observes what's happening in the chat room)

David: I think I need some more information

Melody: Like what?

David: I want to know who one of the users really is. All I know is that he's male-everyone refers to him as a he, and he doesn't object, so he's almost undoubtably male-and that he has the username L3. He's acting remarkably similar to a man I met right after I met you. He's asking about ten million questions about Lugia, he refuses to answer any, and he has something against a trainer named Ash.

Melody: Ash? But how would he know Ash? And how do you know he doesn't like Ash?

David: Well, I'm assuming he means the Ash you've met. I know he doesn't like Ash because when he responded to a question relating to the events when Ash was here, he said that he would know more if Ash hadn't ruined enything. That's exactly what the man I met told me when I mentioned those events. If this L3 person is indeed that man, then I want to know what he knows. So I'm traceing his connection and hacking into his computer right now. Just give me another couple seconds... got it. I'm in. Let's see here... That's him, all right. L3 is the man I thought he was. I found a picture with name, age, birthplace, that sort of thing. The username L3 is there, too. But the picture is what gave it away.

Melody: I... David, I've met him.

David: You have?

Melody: Yes. It was when Ash was here. He was recruited for the ceramony, and went after the treasures early. The weather was even worse than it is now, and I was worried. His two companions and I set out after him. We found him on Fire Island. Then Zapdos appeared.

David: What?!

Melody: Surprised me, too. We soon learned that Moltres had been captured, and Zapdos was claiming its territory. Then Zapdos was captured, and we were taken with it. We then met the man who had captured both of them.

David: That's this guy, right?

Melody: Yes. Lawrence III. He never did tell us his name, but I recognise his face. He told us that he wanted to capture all Articuno as well. He did this to draw out Lugia. He was obsessed with catching it. He almost did, too. It took the combined efforts of Lugia, Ash, his two companions, myself, and a couple of wackos from Team Rocket to stop him.

David: Well, I don't think he's behind it this time. Well, that's information to file away for later.

Melody: Wht are you going to do now?

David: Find Latios and Latias. Hopefully, they'll lead me to a few answers. And I want you to come with me.

Melody: Why?

David: One, because you obviously know a lot more about Lugia than I do, and I don't have time to stay here and pump you for information. And two, I'm hopeing that you can help me convince Shinobi that going after the treasures is a waste of time.

Melody: Well, if there's something I can do to help, than I'm going to do it. So let's get going.

David: All right. We'll use my Charizard. Charizard, go! (David an Melody climb onto Charizard's back) When I left, SHinobi and the others were heading toward the three islands, but were also following Latios and Latias. we should be able to intercept them if we go... that way. (David points in the direction he thinks they should go. Charizard flies in that direction)