OtakuBoards

\\\\\___Official Digital Art Thread___/////

Syn

I thought some people might be put off by the title of my last thread I turned into my art thread, so I thought i'd make this one just in case.

So, instead of boring you with other stuff, i'll just get to my art.

i'll start with the last piece I posted in the old thread.

[center]____________________________________________[/center]

Well, im not going to say anything on this other than, its for Val.

[center][b]Contrukt.Dream[/b]
[i]"If I could construct the sweetest dream, I'd dream of making time with you"[/i][/center]

As I said, dedicated to my Valerie.

Oh, thanks go to Lady Asphyxia who helped me with the beautiful words that accompany this piece.

[b]Some things you might like to know:[/b]

Made in photoshop.
Used a stock photo of a mill/warehouse thing in the background which is quite easily seen in the top right.

*shrug* comments and such are...well....why im posting this.

Thanks.

I like the left side of it due to the color intensity, but the right side of it gets too cluttered for my taste. I've never been to into this style though, so don't mind me. It accomplishes what it sets out to do rather well, so I think it's cool overall.

What's with people and using .'s in the titles so often lately...?

Lol.

This thread didnt do too well did it? ;p Well this is as good of a time as ever to revive it.

Im nearly finished with a banner, I have everything I like but I really dont have a clue on what to do with the text on this one. So if anyone has any suggestions then please let me know. Obviously dont just suggest things for the text, I would just like some help with that area is all.

[size=1]
Scryed r0xx0rz btw. I really enjoy this piece. To me it feels like sort of a techy grunge and you did it very well. Something I'm drawn to, though, is that little 06, what is that for? Probably just random text to add some variety I guess, but I was just wondering.
[/size]

I think the 06 is a part of the background of numbers. Is that right? Anyways, I really like that. The picture is well cropped. Very well cropped. So props for that. I love the right side of the banner. It is amazingly cool. I like the slashes of light and the light that is all around them. It is like cuts in the background and light is flooding in. I think it needs a bit of text though. Maybe a cursive "Kaisuke" or maybe even not cursive. Just put some text on it to balance out the picture. I think it would go best on the right towards the bottom. Once again, awesome work. ^__^

-haze

Thanks for the comments.

The 06 is just a random part of the pixely work, just adds to the tech theme it has. I downloaded a load of new fonts so I might try some of those, but I really am a retard when it comes to typography so I asked hitto to give it a go. So we'll see what he comes up with.

Again, thanks for the comments. Keep 'em comin'

I would recommend that you make letter cutouts of the background you used.. as on terra's old Naru banner. Use that for text... I think so, anwyay. Nice work on it. The vast expanse of white with no discernible border terrifies me... Make the border slightly grey. Enough to stand out. Or make faded black text in a grunge font and overlay it with some of the brushes you used on this piece. That is about all I can suggest. As for the text itself... Rage. When I look at a piece, I can generally think of a word to accompany it. Try 'Rage'.

Nice banner.

Aesthetics:8.5/10
Technical: 7/10

Latest banner, starting a new project to mirror Aerosoul, which isnt going too great for those who care.

Anyway, it has a white border, the text is meant to look like its part of the border, so dont mention moving it up a bit. Other than that, comment away, be brutal.

^_^;

Pfft... I honestly don't like the typo even though it was meant to be that way ^___^''. It does look really ocean-ish though, it also reminds me of a old painting I saw before in some art museum while I was on vacation in Amsterdam =']. Maybe shrink the text atleast =O? Then again I guess you don't have to change it >_>' I am only super picky when it comes to typos lol.

HHhmmm. I can't really say that I like it, sadly enough. I think it is too plain.. it doesn't mirror Aerosoul as such to me. It needs more elements. Text, typography, some form of interest. It needs some to draw attention. Having all white borders doesn't really help either. Make them slightly grey- I just prefer to be able to tell that there are indeed, borders there. I do like that line effect over the top though.

To sum it up, this banner doesn't really do too much for me. Sorry.

Aesthetics: 5.5/10
Technical; 7/10

:\

• 2 weeks later...
Well...I havent made anything in a long time...but I recently downloaded some new brushes and stuff..so I thought i'd try them out.

This piece isnt really anything special...its more of a "signature" piece if you will....the text is heavily inspired by hittokiri zero *stabs him*

Anyway.....here it is...white border.......pretty simple *shrug*

[COLOR=darkred]I really like the image itself and how it's almost black and white, yet colorful.

The text is an interesting effect, though it could be toned down a bit - as of now it's not working its full potential, almost taking focus from the appealing aspects of this "signature".

Do I spot some kind if firefly/fairy above the letter "I" ? It looks like a silhuette of something, but maybe my eyes are mistaken ^_^;

It's a nice piece, but it could be improved [i]*nods*[/i]
In my humble opinion, of course.

- Mimmi[/COLOR]

I really like what you've done so far on that third piece. It looks like an explosion of sunlight, very appealing to me. ^_^ As for adding text and such, maybe try a Hitto style for the text; like his signature. Also another image of the man behind the current one fadded into the background a bit would look nice. I think a light colored border would also suit it well. Good luck with that Kenjs.

Did you make the wave yourself or enhance it? Either way I like it. Its a very peacefull, relaxing piece. I have to agree with Hittokiri on the text though, I'm not much sor border/text combining.

Heh, at my first look I really didn't care for the grungey image, but now I think its quite unique. I see a grungy sillouetteish figure sitting behind your text. I don't know wheather that was intensional or not but it looks good. The text fits the rest of the image with its light, dodgy color. The font was also a good choice.

Mimmi, that fairy thing is actually a butterfly I believe, Marc's logo type thing. ^_^

New banner, havent done much, art from the anime 'Gun slinger girl'

I just had to use some of the art, I just fell in love with it. So yeah...here it is...not totally happy with the text, but I wanted the main focus to be on the character anyway.

well here it is.

[size=1]Oh, my friend lent me a copy of her Gunslinger Girl manga. I really enjoyed it for some reason (I didn't think I would, but eh.)

Perfect choice for a picture. The colors are great--it stands out without being distracting. I think it would be more effective without having your name on there, but oh well.

Maybe add more of a dark reddish tint to the edge of the border. I think that would make it look more complete.[/size]

Thanks for the comments so far.

Heres a request I got from Hataki vash, I wanted som feedback on it..so...here it is.

A banner, based on the legacy of kain, im not totally happy with it to be honest, I think its a bit plain, but this is what I got so far...