OtakuBoards

Official myOtaku Problems Thread

Charles

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Yes, but it's not through myOtaku. You can create a *.css file and adjust the text color of the whole site.

In the *.css file I used for my site, I made the text color white, so it's white everywhere. I have to add a font color="000000" tag to all my posts so they show up against the white background now. [/B][/QUOTE][color="004a6f"]I don't think we're allowed to use stylesheets on the boards. In my first post, I actually used html coding instead of vb coding. I also had a style sheet code in it, so it changed the scrollbar color. Anyway, a moderator edited my post and told me not to use css.[/color]

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1]We're not talking about OB, heh. This thread is about myOtaku.

Thanks, wrist cutter. I hadn't thought of that. *hits self*

The thing is, I know how to change the avatar...I just don't [i]want[/i] one right now. Ah, well. I'll just make a new one that goes with van Gogh a bit better.[/size]

[color=green]I?ve noticed something rather annoying. Every time I open up my ?edit content? screen, my quote is butchered. I have no idea why, and it only seems to affect my quote. This has proven to be most annoying, as I must retype my quote every time I change anything on that page.

Can this be fixed?

-Boba[/color]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=gray]I'm having the same problem as Boba Fett. Every time I open my Edit Content page, my quote is missing and I have to retype it. If you look at my MyOtaku, you'll notice that my quote is: don't. When it should say: don't steal. The governent hates competition.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#808080]Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it? Because having to retype my quote every time I edit my content is very irritating.[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR="#004a6f"]I'm having a small problem on myOtaku. I'm not sure whether you disabled links or not, but when I put a code in for a link when I comment on somebody's post sign somebody's guestbook, or in my introduction, it doesn't show up. However, it does work when I make a new post. Don't worry, I'm not spamming with these links or promoting my sites or anything. I just like linking to other members when I mention them in posts. Or sometimes somebody asks for help on something and I give them a link to where they can find their answers.[/COLOR]

I think they happens to pages with Shoutboxes. It makes the pages incredibly slow when activetopic (shoutbox people) are down. It mightn't even load at all for some. I know it took me two minutes to open my own page and thats on an ADSL connection. And, at the same time, Activetopic is down.

• 3 weeks later...
I looked all about in here, and did not find my question/problem.

So here goes. When I try to submit a wallpaper I get teh following message, "[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#ff0000][b]Greeting cards must be 350 by 350 pixels or smaller" [/b] [/color][/size][/font]I'm not sure how to fix that either. I have tried clicking on wallpaper, and even tried by going through the wallpaper site to the submit page. It seems as though I am the only one with this problem. I'll keep working on it, but could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?

[QUOTE=Haze]I looked all about in here, and did not find my question/problem.

So here goes. When I try to submit a wallpaper I get teh following message, "[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#ff0000][b]Greeting cards must be 350 by 350 pixels or smaller" [/b][/color][/size][/font]I'm not sure how to fix that either. I have tried clicking on wallpaper, and even tried by going through the wallpaper site to the submit page. It seems as though I am the only one with this problem. I'll keep working on it, but could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?[/QUOTE]
It is an incorrect error message that I will get Adam to fix. Just make sure you uploaded your wallpapers in 1024 x 768 size.

[color=green]I?ve sent an e-mail to Adam regarding this issue, but he hasn?t responded. I figured I?d have a better chance getting this addressed here.

I, for some unknown reason, cannot ?Edit Content?.

Whenever I do attempt to edit it, I get the number eight error message.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed or where the problem may lie?[/color]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]I'm having trouble getting the URL to my site (not my MyOtaku site) to not look like this: www.myotaku.com/users/ddg/www.geocities.com/animebydg14/index.html.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]I've seen other members with their sites linked without the www.myotaku.com part.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Why does it add www.myotaku.com before the URL?[/color][/size][/font]

I'm running into a slight problem, and I think others might be suffering from it, too. Random Add Comment links in my MyO aren't...there, I guess. I highlight the page and don't see anything. It seems random as to which entries are affected.

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]It's very strange that you just brought this up now. A few minutes ago I was just at a members MyOtaku page and noticed that the 'Add Comments' link was missing. I haven't checked any other MyOtaku pages but it was puzzling to me, especially since I really wanted to comment on that post.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]So, I'm also wondering why this is happening as well.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]It's only on [i]one[/i] post for me, though. From what I can see, you can only turn off [i]all[/i] the comments. Not just the comments on [i]one[/i] post.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=teal]EDIT: So far, (after going through multiple MyOtaku accounts on my friends list) I've discovered that I cannot add a comment to anyone's post that was posted today, March 21st, 2004.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=teal][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=teal]I checked people archives and other posts on the front page and saw that they all had an 'Add Comments' link but it was just the March 21st, 2004 posts that did not. This is all very strange indeed.[/color][/size][/font]

Well its not realy that big of a problem but i was planning on making some computer pics and i dont know what program to use. :D