OtakuBoards

Favorite Cinematic Scene

Marche225

Cinematic?s, what would we do without them. They make up the games themselves. The thing about them is they appear when you get right into the game and least expect it. Not that it?s a bad thing mind you. But at times you wish that they would come just so you could see what happens. Any way back onto topic. What is your favourite cinematic and for which game, but also which cinematic so far have you seen with the best graphics.

Mine would be the ending cinematic for Final Fantasy X. [SPOILER]I like how Yuna starts sending the fayth (aeon?s) and sin. But what got me going is how she starts to stop when she sees Auron starting to be sent, but Auron told her to keep on going. I didn?t like that as he?s my favourite character.[/SPOILER]

The best graphics for a cinematic in a game would be either for the same game (FFX) or the starting movie for kingdom Hearts. It?s got awesome graphics but also the background music suits it really well. Any way tell me what you think it?s also my first real post so be nice and mind your language.

Heh, I hope we don't get rushed with a series of 'favorites' threads...mind you, this one and the 'favorite death sequence/scene' were well made but, still, I hope this doesn't become a trend lol.

My favorite cinematic...that's a tough choice. Overall, the game with the cinematics I enjoy the most is Eternal Darkness, since the scenes are extremely well-acted and move the story along well. Plus, a few of them are just plain exciting, heh. Metal Gear Solid is a close second but a few of its cinematics drag on endlessly. I don't really have a favorite cinematic in particular, but those two games come to mind when I think of games with good cinematics.

As for the best graphics, I'd say Wind Waker's cinematic graphics pretty much stomp the crap out of everyone else. A lot of Wind Waker's short cinematic scenes are really breathtaking and absolutely gorgeous. It's kind of sad that so many people hate the cel-shaded style so much, since I still think Wind Waker is one of the best looking, if not [i]the[/i] best looking, games I've ever seen.

[color=dimgrey][font=comic sans ms]Well some of the best cinematics ive seen as far as graphic quality and good production values would have to go to Warcraft 3 and its expansion frozen throne.

Personally I think Blizzard and Square/Enix make the best cinematics overall. Square especially and not even just with the final fantasy series (I was utterly amazed how good the ones where for front mission 3 way back)

Its interesting to note though as in-game graphics continue to improve more and more games seem to be going with ingame cinematics as opposed to cut-scenes...Personally I think this is a shame because when I play a game I always look forward to seeing the cinematics. Oh well.[/color][/font]

Ahh, favourite cinemtaic, eh? Let's see... I can't really pic a favourite, but there are some that I'll always remember.

First of all, ALL of the FMVs in Final Fantasy X. They really blew me away. I'd gotten used to Nintendo's real-time cut scenes, so it was a real shock when I first saw them. Absolutely stunning stuff.

Next up, it's the opening FMV for Super Smash Bros. Melee. Just seeing all those Ninty characters in one place - oh yeah. The bit where Samus's Starship, the Blue Falcon and the Great Fox all flying alongside eachother just looked amazing. And all the Yoshi's running along the field, hehe. I still love watching it.

Finally, I'd have to say the ending of Ocarina of Time. Most of you probably wouldn't consider it a spoiler, but I'll cover it up anyway. [spoiler]I'm talking about the bit right at the end, when Link walks up to zelda in the courtyard, and they look at eachother. It was just so emotional, I think I even cried. I think. Anyway, it was just pure Zelda, something I haven't seen since.[/spoiler]

Favourite game cinematics eh? Can I be cliche and name Final Fantasy?

My favourite game cinematic, of all time, is the final scene of Final Fantasy 7. How everyone is lip sinced and the graphics are completely different to the other cinematics in the game... and Cid doesn't get his potty mouth censored. It was just so amazing and emotionally charged. Second is when the weapons escape North Crater. THAT is awesome.

Non Final Fantasy 7 I would say...anything from Diablo II. Especially the end, where [spoiler]the insane dude realizes he aint talking to Tyriel, but Baal[/spoiler] Pure shizniteness.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Well. . my favorite cinematic would be the opening of Suikoden III. . it hands-down had me captivated. I don't know how many tmies I reset my PS2 just to watch it again and again. I mean, the music was FAR TOO stunning! I mean, getting to see all the characters and each of them moving 'real-time' . . it was awesome, I don't know if I will ever see anything like that from a game again! I loaned the game to a friend, but now I am really missing it. . must watch that cinematic opening again!! >_< I don't remember if they had a lot of movies throughout the game, I just remember that ONE opening. . *cries* I miss that game. . lol

As for other games that play movies throughout the whole game? Well, the Zelda series has always done well in my opinion. The opening to SSB:M was pretty sweet, some of the poses Link did for us?! *drools* That is one wicked awesome Elf. Gotta love Zelda in that thing too. . just something about seeing them both posing in the game. It's too wicked to speak any more on, lol. I really agree with Shinmaru. Eternal Darkness was just great with their cinematics, hard to find games that make it feel that real.

I have always been a fan of Blizzard and all their work. Even more-so then Square. True, I think Square uses them a lot more, but Blizzard really takes the time to raise the bar time and time again. [spoiler]I loved watching Tyreal fight Diablo. . wing'ed goodness![/spoiler]

I could go on for a while, but I don't think I will. . so. . later! ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=indigo]The ending of Zelda: A Link to the Past. That's right; 2D graphics, baby. Seeing peace return to all of Hyrule's citizens with that awesome music playing, and then watching as Link returns the Master Sword to its pedestal in the Lost Woods. I'll never forget the words "And the Master Sword sleeps again . . . forever!" (Even though it doesn't, heh). And then as the credits are rolling, you see the three pieces of the Trifoce slowly rotating in this cool pattern, with the Dark World landscape in the background as it's restored to the Golden Land. That's definitely the most memorable game cinematic for me.

Another one that I really liked was the opening movie in Metroid Prime -- it sets the mood perfectly for pretty much all of the rest of the game: You see Tallon IV high up from space with some meteorites floating around...and then the derelict space frigate comes into view as this cool and almost spooky music plays. You see it floating seemingly lifeless around the planet, and then Samus' ship flies into view as the music switches to a dramatic remix of part of the opening theme from Super Metroid as Samus comes up out of the hatch and does a somersault off her ship, landing in a crouch. She looks around cautiously, Arm Cannon at the ready, and then slowly stands up as the view pans around behind her and enters her helmet, changing flawlessly into gameplay. From then on, you [i]are[/i] Samus, until the game is complete and you watch her fly away from Tallon IV.[/color]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
My favorite FMV is from Kingdom Hearts -- the "secret ending" one where the guy with the twin keyblades fights an army in the rain. It's probably the music that does it.

In-game graphics... Ninja Gaiden for Xbox, no contest there. They're just awesome. Animations, lighting, character design, everything. The game is a visual treat from all perspectives. And its FMVs are stellar, too.

Okay, we know that Square is gonna dominate in here. I've only played the demo of FFX, so I've only seen the scene where [SPOILER]Tidus is in the middle of a Blitzball match and that watery thing destroys the city[/SPOILER]. Wow! The Kingdom Hearts intro is up there too.

For a non-FF game, I'd have to say the scene where [SPOILER]Mecha Sonic transforms at the start of the last story[/SPOILER] in Sonic Heroes. The only good part of Sonic Heroes (besides Espio!).

one of my favorite cinematics is a fairly new one. in Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox (towards the end of the game) the scene where Ryu is falling and lands in the huge plain with all the flowers and the Vigoorian Emperor is standing in front of him. that has to be one of my new fav's.

but if i had to pick from a classic i'd say in Metal Gear Solid, [spoiler]the scene where Meryl gets sniped in the long corridor by sniper wolf.[/spoiler]

[size=1][color=blue]Added spoiler tags. - Shinmaru[/size][/color]

• 5 months later...
Since we have the most memorable boss battle I have decided on a new thread concerning the unforgettable and/or touching scenes.

Mine would have to be the final scene from Suikoden 2 where [spoiler]The Hero and Jowy finally see each other again, after the long war. I have included the script from the scene but don't blame me that it had poor translation.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Jowy
"Hero...you came. Just like you promised...here once again."[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Jowy
"This is where out journey began. You and I walked the along the same path for so long together, but this is where they began to diverge. But, I have no regrets. But if I did, it would be that I had to betray the City-State and asasinate lady anabelle...you and I were alot alike...we were both aiming for the same thing. But I just..."[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Jowy
"At the Highland camp, after I let you escape ahead, I was captured and met Luca Blight again. I hated him from the beginning, it's true. But I think I admired his strength a little bit too... I thought if I was that strong, I could protect everyone and I could create a gentle world where nobody would ever be hurt. But...."[/spoiler]

[spoiler] Jowy
"No, forget about it. This is a battle between the King of Highland and the leader of the Kinseth Army. This is truly...the final battle." [/spoiler]

The Hero is given a choice (bold indicates answer given)

I guess you're right...
[B]We don't need to fight.[/B]

Jowy

[spoiler]"We do...need to fight...hero...[/spoiler]

Hero and Jowy duel. There are several divergences here at this point.

1st Scenario: You defeat Jowy

Jowy

[spoiler] "That's right...hero. Good. Now this war will finally end...Hero...hold up your right hand..." [/spoiler]

Jowy-
[spoiler] "I was watching you all the time...remember these two runes were once one you know... Peace is a beautiful thing...even if it comes...at the end of a long...brutal...war...It may seem all is lost, but we will always have memories...forgive me...Hero...I sent many men to their deaths...noone knows the pain of that more than I do... [/spoiler]

Jowy-
[spoiler] "But...just as I thought...you had no choice but to defeat me. A glorious hero defeats an evil King...the people will talk and sing about your heroic rise to fame and forget the horrors and the sins of war...the defeated soldiers will feel comforted by the fact that they were defeated by a hero, and deceived by an evil king..."[/spoiler]

Jowy-
[spoiler] "Hero...I want you to...become a great leader...hold on dearly to this peace...that we fought so hard for. The Rune...it will lend you its power, I'm sure of it...farewell...my friend...Hero..."[/spoiler]

[color=#4B0082]I merged this with an older thread on the same subject. Before creating a thread, please run a search to check if there's already a thread about the same thing. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]My favorite cinimatic scene is from Kingdom Hearts.The ending was a very good Cinematic scene, [spoiler]where the lands are parting and Sora and Kiari grab eachothers hand.

Sora says "I will always be with you in you heart"

and she says something that I forgot what.Then the worlds part and he is trying to scream something but since so many things were going on it was to loud for her to hear and then the lands slowly started to part while he was reaching out to her and then she ends up back at her home island where she starts to look through secret cave and cries when she see's that Sora drew a picture of him giving her a poupu fruit.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Added spoiler tags. Please remember to use them in the future. (If you don't know how, take a look at the sticky thread at the top of the forum.) - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

Simply put, Onimusha 3's intro movie is simply one of the best CG movies...[I]EVER[/I]. It is almost a short flick, running an impressive 7 minutes. Considering this movie is the one that plays when you first start up the game, that is pretty good. The movie is about Samanosuke taking out the an entire Genma army by killing the massive tank genma in the middle.

It is truly a great sequence of events, as he makes his way inside the demon and fights Genma all around him until he reaches the inner chamber where two...[I]two[/I]...impressive fight sequences occur one after the other. The first is when Samanosuke enters. Two bull demons fight him with double-sided spears and their brute strength and skill are too much for Samanosuke. But with his superior swordsplay he is able to fend them off (Quite admirably might I add...) until the demon Gorgon Dontes (Good lord how off I am...how off I am...that isn't his name probably. Yeah, it's not. ;)) finally calls them off and procedes to fight Samanosuke himself.

The rest? Well you will just have to see for yourself, though I pretty much covered a good 1/2 of it, I didn't go into details with any of the smaller fights leading up to the last two. But they aren't to be shrugged off so easily. And his escape from the tank is pretty cool also, but I won't go there. :D

Great CG from Robot, they really know their animation.

Guest Red Velvet Glov
My favorite cinematic would have to be, gee have a lot...well mine would be in Final Fantasy when Tidus and Yuna are in the water and she's crying. Forget where they were, been a while since I played that game. I think FFX has some of the best graphics, my other favorite wouldn't have good graphics at all, FFVII, when Cloud lets Aeris float down in the water. :( It's so sad...