OtakuBoards

What is beautiful?

Xander Harris

[color=darkviolet]This is an interesting topic. Very interesting.

Let's get the personal attributes out of the way before we talk about the physical ones tho, shall we? I like people, either male or female with confidence, a good sense of humor and some individuality. I like thinkers and people who are straight foward. I also like those types of peopel who can take a joke and don't have to constantly look in a mirror.

Okay, that's said and done, now for the physical part of the test. What I look for in a guy...well, let's see.

First thing is I [i]don't[/i] like hairy men. Period. Hairy men frighten me to a point, I've had some scary sights from hairy men. I sat behind a guy in intro to soils and waters and English 101 in college who had a very hairy back. I often wondered if on full moons if he went pillaging in local towns. The place I was staying at was small enough where it was quite possible. Another scary hairy guy was this lout of a roommate my husband and I had. Not only did he look bad with his shirt off, but he had hairy nipples. I'm not talking about just a few stray hairs-I'm talking actual growth that would serve him well should his hairline begin to receed. :eek: I guess I should be thankfull that my husband can't even grow a decent mustache-let alone a nipple bush.

Second should actually be even more important, but it also shouldn't go under physical...ah well. I like guys who have good personal hygeine. I really lucked out this time around since my husband showers at least once a day when he's home/ on leave/ state side. Of course, I shudder to see the water bill when we get our own house, but I guess I'll just have to deal. :wigout:

I like guys to be a bit taller than me. I'm 5'4 1/2 so three to six inches is a good start. I also like them with dark hair and eyes. Especially the eyes. I love eyes. ( I think mine are the best tho) I think it's a very good thing that most women don't go for men with nice butts tho since so many men are severly lacking in the rearend department. Especially the ones I dated.

As for attire, I like a guy who can dress himself, and if some days he can't figure out how to dress himself.he'll let me dress him since I can't go out in public with someone who thought it was okay to wear a shirt that looked like it lost a fight with a lawn mower. Or for that matter- a guy who wears Velcro sneakers! My dad wears Velcro sneakers. That's so senior citizen :eek: I guess whatever made that old woman at Golf act like her panties were in a bunch from looking at both Lincoln and I would be okay. :laugh:

Of course, my guy style ended me up with a lanky guy of medium height, hazel eyes (more brown than anything) dark brown hair (when he has any) with tattoos, scars and piercings. And some scary looking feet. I guess I scdared him just as well since he joined the army soon after we got together. and, I could have saved you all some reading with the statement: A picture is worth a thousand words and the phrase, look down.[/color]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=orange][size=1] I'm going to sound really mean right about now, but if you're ugly, you're ugly. What I mean is, ifyou're one of those people who says "Gah, I'm so fat!" every morning to your mirror, you're probably saying that for a reason. Not to be mean, of course, but that's just my take on the attitudes of about the 3/4 of the girls in my gym period locker room.

I don't like guys who do not understand the word [i]personal hygiene[/i]. For some reason, some of the guys that have come onto me in the past seem to have been under the impression that the yello mustard stain had come out of their shirts. I also enjoy a sense of humor, but I do [b]not[/b] enjoy those who [i]try[/i] to have a sense of humor. Let's face it; Comdey Central is great and all, but when you have boyfriend/crush who is quoting it twenty-four seven, it make you just want to implode.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]What I look for in a girl:

Butt: Not important. I usually have my head at eye-level, so it doesn't matter.

Hair: Very important. Hair to the person's butt is a turn-off. I like any color of hair, but I like darker hair the most, curly or straight, but I don't like people with alot of frizz. If their hair is curly, they should at least have control over it.

Breasts: Once again, not that important. But, it's better to go small than large in my opinion.

Personality: I feel like barfing when I'm around those people who act all giddy and air-headed. They make my stomach churn. Damn bubble-headed people.

Eyes: Important. Probably the thing I like the most. Their eyes MUST have a shine to them. If the eyes are dull or bored-looking, I'm usually turned off and have no interest in them. I don't particularly like dark eyes.

Weight: I only want a woman smaller than me. At 230 lbs., that's not that hard. I don't want to feel dwarfed by them. Height is really no concern. I like tall women. That's kind of a turn-on for me. Short isn't bag though.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Winter]Dont forget dingus, it was an [I]opinion[/I]. Do you know what an [I]opinion[/I] is kid? You do? Ahhhhh thats just swell! Now remember kid, what I said was [I]my opinion[/I]. Dont forget that kid, okay? Dont forget what the mighty Winter has told you; it was an [I]opinion[/I].

Ah, I'm sure you wont let the mighty Winter down, will you? Of course you wont, right kid? Because you know it was an [I]opinion[/I], right?[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Ironic. You say you know what an opinion is, but obviously you can't detect one when you see it, or I'm sure you wouldn't have replied so rudely, you know? ^.^ My reply was an opinion, too, mmkay? Okay. Now I'm sure we better get back to the topic, before a mod beats me with a stick. *_*[/color]

Hmm...*reads post* I dont recall exactly telling you what an opinion was, nor if I knew what it was or not.

Oh, but you are such a smart girl, you figured out that I knew what an opinion was all by yourself. Congrats kid.

Whats this? Oh, but you overassumed. You assumed I didnt think your post was an opinion. Thats a shame. You were so close to looking like you were thinking coherently.

Oh well, pobody's nerfect, right, kid?

[size=1][color=red] To ask what is beautiful is a question whose answer shall come from many places.

One answer shall bleed forth from one's heart. One answer shall eye forth from one's eyes. Another shall come forth from one's brain.

Thus, when asked the question pertaining to beauty, I shall say that what is beautiful are those things we cannot fully understand, nor fully grasp. This, I believe, applies in many cases, perhaps.

The real answer to this question is that beauty is perception: it is how one sees something and percieves it that one shall come to the conclusion as to its contained therein beauty. There is no absolution to this answer, for beauty is not absolute. There are few, if any things, in this terrestrial ground we call Earth that are absolute indeed, and beauty is not one of them.

The things which are ugly can be beautiful. It may be an moronic oxymoron, but it is true: things that are ugly hold beauty. Death is beautifully ugly itself, an enigma which confounds and vacillates through one's head. The sight of blood is beautifully ugly itself, the wound, the blood flowing, the hand coming in and catching it.

The place wherein most beauty lies is not humanity's machine, nor humanity's creation: the most beautiful things are those things in their natural place. When everything is in its right place, uninterdicted by superficial stymies, therein lies the beauty. Nature's natural beauty is the most pertinently beautiful thing anyone shall ever see: she is beauty.

The way the leaves blow through the large, billowing, colossal trees, that is wherein lies beauty; the way a woman's body moves as she walks, and the way she may smile, or cry, at the sight of certain inert events, therein lies beauty; the way the sky looks, unclouded by pollution, unsuffocated by humans' devise, herein lies beauty; the way, from the sky, a humanly uninhabited forest looks, that is beautiful. Natural-found, things are most blithe, most visceral and left to be the things they are; and there, that is where the beauty is.

When I walk, each day, for my two hour voyage through my familiar suburbs, and through familiar roads, I see the buildings, devoid structures of human creation; and I see paved roads, creation of homo sapiens. Wheretofore I look, I look upon things unnatrual, unbeautiful, out of the laws of nature. Therefore, when this feeling comes upon me, heightened in tune, I wish for there to be nothing here but Nature's buildings and Nature's roads, and Nature's creations, devices. Herefore, found on the street, I imagine, vivid, in my mind, what would it look like if there was not these humanly catered things about me. And I believe therefound would be beauty of immaculate, awe-finding appeal and pristine quality.

But us as humans shall continue to build our Nature. We shall continue to deviate from our Natures. We shall continue to try and claim what we believe be beauty. Wherefore would we do this? Albeit it is a good cause, things are most beautiful in their innocencial states. The states where they are unherded, unforced to adhere to inane institutions, interdicitions.

It is too sad--it is too sad, but All The Pretty Things Are Going to Hell.[/size][/color]

[color=teal]"Beauty" is something I've had several conflicts with. Sometimes I hated myself for not being a Britney or another "beautiful" person. I've even broken my mirror out of pure disgust for myself.

It's such an underrated thing, true beauty. People look for physical aspects, which, with my old thinking, made me despise myself even more. All of those well-endowed women are so lucky, I thought.

Lately, I've come to the realization that people [i]already tell me I'm beautiful.[/i] I simply ignored them because I didn't believe it myself. I took a long, hard look at the broken shards of my mirror. I found a piece that wasn't broken. I picked it up and looked at myself. I started looking at the good things that I have. I focused on the good.

Okay, so I am physically well-endowed. So what? Just because I didn't notice it, it doesn't mean that it isn't true. I've become level-headed enough to skimp on the "omgimsonotbutifal" routine, because it's simply not true.

This might sound cheesy, but I think that if more people were to focus on what they have, not what they don't, we'd have a lot more people walking with their heads up high.[/color]

Here here Fate. I have about...5 friends that are like that. "I'm hidious!", "I'll never get a boyfriend!" and the unusual "I broke my mirror this morning..." even thogh they're all beautiful! One of them almost went into being anarecick...anerecsick...ana-AH FORGET IT! I'm slowly convincing them that they are great, beautiful people not because of there physical beauty, but because of their mental beauty.

[color=teal][i]Anorexia[/i] is something I almost went through. Luckily, I caught myself from falling before it was too late.

Someone told me I was beautiful inside AND out. It took me a while to realize that he meant it.[/color]

• 6 months later...
Well...you asked what is beauty? Honestly...almost eveyone said they couldn't like anyone who is ugly. And that's true... So...yeah if you're ugly then nobody likes you. but remember everyone has their own idea of what is beauty. So if I said Darth Maul is hot ( and which he is) And someone else thought he was ugly..then I guess..it balances the world out. So what I am saying is Thank God we're all different.

Guest lavalamp
[quote name='Fate][color=teal']Sometimes I hated myself for not being a Britney or another "beautiful" person.[/color][/quote]

[url]http://www.stereogum.com/img/seizetheass1_large.jpg[/url]
[url]http://www.stereogum.com/img/seizetheass2_large.jpg[/url]

I see we're going back in time.

[quote name='Xander Harris']:laugh: LOL :laugh: Wristcutter, you're a stud.[/quote]

Agreed.

Ok,so my mum leaves me a note in my lunch saying I'm beautiful every day.And I'm in high school.And its my mum.
Anyways,I must have some sort of physical attractiveness because my family and friends make a big deal.Like I'm a show pony or something.

But I'm not the beautiful one.

My little cousin is playing on the floor beside me with my matruskas.Her long brown hair is falling in her face,as shes putting them in rows,from biggest to smallest.Her eyes are huge and look like little pieces of sky as she looks at the picture and detail on each one.Yes,shes only wearing half a jimjam,and shes humming Johnny Cash(we share a love),but she is more "real" then anything I have ever seen.

[color=darkviolet]My daughter is beautiful. Even if my brother can't decide whether she resembles a bobble head or an alien My husband and I think she's beautiful.

She has dark brown almost black hair and her eyes are huge and still blue. She has my nose and chin and Lincoln's forehead, hair and fingers.

I think she's perfect right down to her 9 and a half toes and innie outtie belly button.

And if anyone can help me upload a picture of her (all teh ones I have are too big let me know.[/color]

Guest Midnight Rush
[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]My daughter is beautiful. Even if my brother can't decide whether she resembles a bobble head or an alien My husband and I think she's beautiful.

[/color][/QUOTE]

First off, congrats on your new daughter CHW! Thats a huge thing for your life, and I hope that she has a long and full life.

Anyway,

I was reading back on my posts in this thread before... and I realized that my perspective (not my preference) had changed.

I read my post and agree with all that it says... and yet as I read one reoccuring thought hits me:

It isn't that simple!

Recent experience showed me that no matter what superficial perameters I set, the intangibles in some girls never fail to blow me away. Its... amazing, and I'm not talking about big things- a certain way of smiling, the way she talks, the fire in her eyes... A sort of surreality.

And I'm not even talking about some chick I'm ga-ga over either. Just random people. I just see little bits of Shangri-la (the idea, not the place) in some girls...

Amazing

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]

Brains: [list]
[*]Intelligence is a key factor. I like people who I can and WILL converse with, not only about everyday things, but also on a higher intellectual level. If your'e not oging to use your smarts, what's the point?[/list]

Personality/other:[list]
[*]isn't an arsehole, or wants other girls while he's dating me
[*]Not pressuring me for anything (call me old fashioned but I believe in chastity)
[*]Must be nice, nobody who drinks, smokes cigarrettes, or does drugs. I'd drop a bf like a dead weight if he ever did that.
[*]Funny to some extent. Not a comedian here, but can crack a few jokes once in a while.
[*]Likes to cuddle sometimes[/list]

Of course, I've never had a boyfriend because I'm a loser, so what do I know?[/color][/QUOTE]

It's uncommon to find a guy like that, no offense to all you OB guys out there. Most of you probably are like this but its not RARE, but only UNCOMMON. And MistressRoxie, you are NOT a loser. Never tell yourself that.

[U]Physical[/U]
I like a girl who, IMPO, has small breasts. I ain't like some guys who like the 'biguns' or anything like that. Another thing is the face. If I look at a girls face and become putty, then thats another factor I like. And the hair...I'm usually attracted to girls with short hair rather than long hair. But long hair is sometimes good ^-^. I also like it if a girl has a small butt. Thats just me, but it would be good IF it was small.

[U]Mental Capabilities[/U]
If a girl has the mental capacity of a small slab of granite or anything of the like, thats a major turn off for me. A decent girl can actually have an intelligent conversation about most things (TV, politics, sci-fi stuff). If she doesn't know the difference between her left and right...well, that would be a big NO on my part.

[U]Personality[/U]
Heh, I like the types that are understanding, caring, but at the same time, kinda of a...crap, can't say it...well, they have an 'evil' side, to put it nicely. I don't want the type of girl who would back down from an argument or won't make her opinion heard. If she is willing to take a stand, that shows she is capable of doing stuff on her own. And, she'd need a good sense of humor, which I have already (making people laugh is simple ^-^). I'd hate it if a girl would just be dull and not the least bit funny.

[U]Other Notes[/U]
Heh....for some reason, if a girl bosses me around, I like that....!?...I don't know why, but thats just me, I guess...

• 4 weeks later...
Whether you like it or not, people first see the way you look. Its the way we are, since we can't readd someone's mind just by passing them on the street. I finally cam to understand this a few years ago, and since then have tried to find out what people are like before judging them. Yet, I still notice and have preferences on someone I would be attracted to. Yet, this does not mean I will not talk to you if you if you are not like this.

I like guys who are not macho- implied in the sense that they view girls as weaker, or not equal(yes I have encountered people like this) ,and I appreciate if they can beat me at arm wrestling(which is actually saying something, I am q bit strong). Also, I like them to have a style and brain of their own, and not just brainwashed by the trends and fads of the world. I do not like people who will be controlling, or in any way disagree with my choices(including my strange way of finding clothes to wear..haha) Guys who show they care about how people view them, but do not worry about it overexcessivley, that is what I am talking about. Guys who have hobbies also appeal to me, hobbies other than watching tv all day, or playing video games only.... Basically, they should be active. I love people who are opiniated, and who have sharp wits.(great conversationalists). When a guy is too feminine, I am immediately turned off. I like it when people try to learn something, if they dob't already, showing an appreciation for knowledge. I have a preference for asian guys, just because I love asian people, and I(not meaning to stereotype) have friends who are SO cool, but nothing compared to the asian guys I know. But overall, I think that beauty is in the eye of the Beer holder(not a typo).

HAHAHAHA

• 3 weeks later...
Beautiful, is whatever you want it to be. Everyperson is beautiful. I mean, celebrities are only beautiful beacuse they are made over into what people want them to look like. With out fame, none of those celebrities would look how they do now. pretty sad huh? Oh well. The human race will never change!