OtakuBoards

So what's your purpose on Otaku?

Icemaiden

[size=1][color=navy]I ended up here searching for something about Evangelion episode summaries, finding theotaku, then clicking on forums on a whim, then making account... et cetera.

I used to be around to spam the anime lounge (I recall I had a daily quota to have 10 posts per day), but that cooled off at around 250 posts back in v6. After that, I slowly switched from the anime lounge to the batte arena, then over to the adventure arena. These days, I'm mostly here for the rpgs. Even though the quality tends to slip and slide every now and then (not to mention some rpgs never go up... *cough* Annie?), I suppose I stick around since I have no other forum to visit without running into one sentence posts, illegible internet lingo, spammers, trolls and such.[/size][/color]

Well, I first came here to harass someone I know at school who was here, but then I decided it wasn't a good idea and just was normal.

Actually, I don't think normal is a good word to describe me at any given time. Just read my profile.

I'm here right now to try to find out how to temporarily disable CYBERsitter 2003. Anyone know?

[size=1][color=red] The reason I'm here? To post genius.

Post genius stories and poetry no one understands but I.

Everybody's their own genius, my friends. And padres. And amici. Let's all be congenial now. Let's not stymie each other's growth.

Let the bones grow till they're the skin. Till there's nothing left within. [/size][/color]

[color=blue][size=1]I stumpled onto this site looking for anime quizzes. Yes folks; I used to be an anime geek.

I landed on theOtaku.com. They had (and still do) great quizzes on some of the most creative things that I had come across. Me, being teh curious cat I am, couldn't help myself; I clicked the links above. :P After checking out greetings and such, I clicked on the "Boards" link, leading me to none other than Otakuboards.com!

When I registered, I started getting the hang of things. I realized that the OB was more than just a place to talk. It was a place to explore. Since I joined during v6, there were many old threads and old members that were quite interesting. I couldn't help myself but return more and more often.

I started off in the lounges, seeing as there were several different topics that intrigued me. Then, I slowly stopped hanging out in there as often. I then found a new home: The Adventure Arena, and their sidekick, Recruitment!! I couldn't stop! I was in at least four RPG's at a time and I even started a few of my own. Then I eased myself towards the Art Forum, or whatever it used to be called.

Nowadays I stay for the role-playing (of course), to see what Dragon Warrior comes up with next, and to make new friends from all over the country. ^__^[/color][/size]

[color=indigo]My purpose at theOtaku/OtakuBoards/myOtaku? I guess, when I first joined during version 3, it was just to have some fun letting out my crazy side. (Can we say "Padded Room Party"?) After that, most of my attention was focused on the Zelda forum, being the huge Zelda fan that I am. I guess that's when my reputation as the "Zelda Lore Master" started to build; I posted in every help thread that was posted. Partly out of just wanting to help people, but also partly to show my knowledge of the games, heh.

After a while, I kind of made it a goal to become a moderator of the Zelda forum. Truthfully, I was a bit disappointed when, as version 4 rolled around, James offered me a position as moderator of the Nintendo forum instead of Zelda like I wanted. Still though, I was quick to accept, since I was also pretty active in the Nintendo forum and I enjoyed posting in there almost as much as in Zelda. And a while later I was actually made a moderator of the Zelda forum in addition to Nintendo, so I had achieved my goal, and I was enjoying my new job on the boards.

So during version 4, my main purpose at OtakuBoards was moderating those two forums and enjoying the conversation therein. One of my favorite things was sharing my various theories about the Legend of Zelda timeline, and arguing back and forth about which theories had more weight behind them and whatnot. Also, discussing The Wind Waker, before its release, was a lot of fun . . . though sometimes also annoying. I can't even count the number of times I felt like just totally going off on people who'd come into the thread and post something like "This game is kiddy, the graphics are so gay." But I managed to restrain myself and post my arguments in a dignified manner.

When version 5 came to be, a new category moderator was needed for the Otaku Series section, and James chose me to fill the position. Thus my responsibilities were increased, and I enjoyed being able to moderator in all three of the series forums (Zelda, Pokémon, and Final Fantasy) which I frequented in addition to the Nintendo forum. So that was my purpose during version 5, though I still favored the Zelda forum above everything else on the board, and that continued to be the forum in which I was most active.

I think it was at the end of version 5 that James started work on ShineGet.com, along with Tony (Semjaza Azazel) and then me a bit later. I was pretty much in charge of writing a walkthrough of the game (Super Mario Sunshine) for the site, so for that time I was working on both OtakuBoards as a category moderator and on ShineGet.com with the walkthrough. I still remember that time as some of my best spent online, working with James and Tony on the site, but alas, James became too busy to complete and maintain the site, so it was dropped.

Then, after being down for about a month, OtakuBoards version 6 finally launched. My purpose/focus was pretty much the same as it was during version 5, and though it was certainly an enjoyable time, there's not really all that much worth mentioning in here. My staff position didn't really change any from version 5 either.

When myOtaku first launched, I actually wasn't all that excited about it. I signed up at first mainly just to make sure no one else took my screen name, heh. I had a Blogger account with which I was happy, though I didn't post very often, and in my first myOtaku post I sort of reasoned with myself whether to ditch Blogger and switch over to myOtaku or keep going with Blogger. If you go back and look in my post archives, most of what I posted right at first were quiz results -- there was a big rash of them going around when myOtaku first started, so I figured, "what the heck, why not?" I didn't really have anything else to post at the time.

Well, as anyone that's visited my myOtaku site could guess, I ended up going with myOtaku. As I started getting into it, I saw other people doing things with backgrounds and images and whatnot, but I didn't see much that I really liked all that much. So, I decided I'd try and see how good I could make my site, and that was basically my whole purpose for it right at first.

I started with a midi on the page, as I'd seen on a few other pages, but I realized that having an auto-playing midi could be highly annoying -- I always hate it when sites have a midi set to auto-play. So I changed some settings around in the tag, so that I had the little QuickTime (or Media Player, depending on what plug-in you've got) toolbar in my introduction, with auto-play turned off and the volume set to 75%. And, with a little text formatting, I made the [Now Playing] text above the QuickTime toolbar look like the [Introduction] text, to make it look more like its own section. Thus was my cycle of posting a new midi each Sunday started. (And just as a note, I did this before you could add a midi/mp3 to your page under your avatar; not to be arrogant, but I had the original Now Playing section, heh).

Next came a background image -- which Adam actually commented on in my guestbook -- and then a border around my posts. Then the first version of the [Midi Archive] next to [Now Playing], and then quite a bit later, a background inside the border of my posts. After that, the version of the [Midi Archive] currently on my page, which I added a few weeks ago. And that brings us up to the current point in time, where my purpose for myOtaku has expanded somewhat. Anymore, I still do like to try and think up ways to improve my site -- partly to attract more visitors, but mainly just to make visiting my site an enjoyable experience -- but I mainly use it to talk about my current "gaming life." (You know, like a love life, but with games lol). Though I do throw in the occasional post about other things going on in my life, along with the posts about the new midis I put up each week.

But anyway, enough about myOtaku; back to OtakuBoards, and the present version 7. As of now, I'm actually kind of back to where I started as a moderator, moderating the Play It forum much like I moderated the Nintendo forum during version 4. Also, my "beloved Zelda forum," as I sometimes call it (can you see just how obsessed I am?), is now gone, merged into the Play It forum. Both of these changes have altered my purpose on the boards, but not actually a whole lot. I'm still the same Zelda guru I was, and even though they don't have their own forum anymore, I'm still quite active in any Zelda threads that pop up. And while I'm not a category moderator anymore, all the console gaming forums were merged into Play It, so it doesn't actually matter all that much. I still enjoy moderating, which is half of my purpose on OtakuBoards, and I like discussing games in the Play It forum (which, outside of OB, I don't get to do very often), and that makes up the other half of my purpose here.

Kind of anticlimatic, isn't it? You read through all that, and my purpose turns out to be basically the same as it was at the start of the post, just with the addition of myOtaku. But hey, at least I'm consistant, right? . . . Right? . . . Ah, whatever.[/color]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Green][FONT=Century Gothic][I]Why am I here? :confused: On the Otakuboards.com, a wonderfull place were you can express what you feel on certain subjects and ask what others think of some ideas/big events/etc..( Following the well thought-out rules, of course... ;) ;) ) ??? I believe I have just answered that question, I am here because, this is a place were I can talk to people that share some of my points-of-view, which I can't do in school, or at any other place because, people there don't share my view of things..for some of them, I'm even insane..And also, to learn other people's view on certain subjects...Also, here, most of the members like anime, and, in my school, people hate it, soo, here I can express how I fell about anime, which is more than good reason to be here!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I actually found this site looking for fan-art,and, I stumbeled across the "Fan-art" section at TheOtaku.com, there, I clicked on the "Boards" link, not knowing what it meant, and, by cliking on that link, I discovered the one, the only, The OtakuBoards!!!!!, after reading some post, [B]CAREFULLY[/B] reading the rules, I joined.. :D

I basically joined because I liked the Art section, which is full of great art...and now, I stay because from here, I can meet people from all over the world in a city in Venezuela (a place people think is in Africa... But it's in the northern coast of south America) and, I'm also now quite fond of the RPG section (At first, I didn't know what it meant... :( )

And, I think I'll stay here for a long time, I really think this is the [B]BEST[/B] Message Board I've ever seen!!! (Since I joined the otakuboards here, I've see A LOT of other Message Boards ;) )

HetepKa[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Hmmm... I have too many purposes, I suppose. To name some...

I entertain by producing stories, movies, artwork, songs, song lyrics, trading cards (I can still remember OtakuCards :D), and many, many more things of joy ^_^ Ooo... especially humor!

Another thing I do is help make friends with many OBers and try to be nice. Is that a purpose or just a friendly thing to do? XD

Currently, I'm working VERY hard on the situation of getting a game making forum on OB. That is a big purpose of mine.

There's more, but that's the jift of it really ^_^

[color=sienna]I guess I joined the boards to learn about new animes and such. Also, I joined to see how this boards thing is, since I've never joined one, so this one is my first. Anime is not know where I live, so this is like coming to a place were everyone likes (mostly) anime and that we can share ideas and such.

I also come here to read the RPG's. Since I joined, I find them very interesting. I wouldn't join one, I don't feel very confident about it, but I do enjoy reading. I have also met some wonderful people here.

Oh, and, of course, I like it here ~_^[/color]

I first came to TheOtaku looking for Gundam Wing and DBZ pictures and other info. I was obsessed with those anime back then. I found a link to the boards up at the top of the page. I looked around the site and I thought it was cool. I joined right away. I posted several newbie-like posts in the Gundam forum and what not.

When the time came for the next version to come around, it took forever for the site to upgrade. I forgot about the boards for like two years almost. Then, I finally noticed the link to the boards one day in late last June in my many list of saved links. I came back, and made a couple friends. I guess, as stupid and idiotic as it sounds, my first purpose here, or rather goal, was to make friends with all the staff. Now, up to date, I pretty much achieved that goal. (This goal was sort of shallow on my part) Right now though, I am friends with a lot of the staff. They are awesome friends.

Next, I wanted to meet as many people as I could. I wanted to try to be everyone's friend. My next purpose was to try to be friends with everyone, and to nice and caring to all. That is still my purpose here today.

My other purpose is to post intelligently in the Anime Lounge, and Otaku Lounge. I post in the other forums when I can. I want to try and write posts to the best of my writing ability, and the best of my knowledge about the thread I'm posting in.

I originally came here to talk about anime (and I suppose that would put me in the minority :p). Other boards intrigued me, but their level of quality was somewhat underwhelming. Although OB is a very friendly place, its members don't hesitate to engage in interesting and occasionally heated debates. I love reading these despite the fact that I rarely take part in them myself.

Had it not been for OB, I would never have discovered sparring or RPGs--which are both great ways to get rid of excess creativity. ^_~ So while I could discuss anime until Judgment Day and probably beyond, the other forums definitely have their own appeal.

Being a mod gives me an extra incentive to visit regularly... not that I didn't already come here several times per day. OB has given me the opportunity to make new partners in crime and meet a number of intelligent and talented people. I want to contribute to the community in any way I can. ^_^

~Dagger~

I originally came here because I knew James. He and I first got into contact over some random news post at Xbox Otaku that I felt sounded rather biased. I got responses from everyone, but James and I wound up talking after that as well.

Later he showed me a thread here on OB way back. I think it was 2001 and it involved Charles and some others arguing about Xbox and GameCube. Apparently it was all a joke at the time, but you wouldn't know if you had no experience with him lol. I wound up posting like 30 times under the name of Gr3ymalkin until I left completely.

Somehow I was convinced to come back here and I registered under my current name. At the time, I really just posted in the game sections that were substantially more busy (but not as busy as when I was here under the other name). That was mostly because I think the gaming sections of theotaku were still around. I wish they still were sometimes.

In any case, I wound up becoming a mod months later. I had a couple friends here and it wound up growing more over the following year or whatever it was. They're why I even bother to stay here anymore. That and random people who join every so often that I take notice of.

It's certainly not so I have to ban idiots, delete posts, get on people about things, read repetitive OL threads and delete horrible pictures posted by people named Yisan.

Guest Count D
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=1]Originally my first had shown me this place. Ruby had shown me this place over five months ago, but I didn't join till this year. But during the time before I had joined I just lurked around as a guest. Founding I like thins place I joined because I found this place of high quality compared to some of the other message boards I've ever been to.

So my current reasoning now for being here at OB;

[list=1]
[/list] [list]
[*] Talk about anime
[*] Hang out and see the OB talent in Art Forums
[*] Meet new people
[*] RPG/Battle
[/list]

Yeah, pretty sure those are the main reasons....Although I'm not a very active member.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

My reason for being on otaku boards is mainly for myself(my siggy says I'm greedy, get over it). If I had a bad day at school, I can vent all I want and people who don't want to listen to me don't have to. I am also trying to improve my writing and spelling, because I personally do not think I am very good at either(please say I'm wrong)! I do pretty much everything on here for myself, and it might entertain others, but I'm not a type of person who strives to make my entertainment other peoples entertainment. This is kind of like my favorite book and my journal all in one! Even if I help someone on here, I did it because it was fun!

I came here to annoy the **** out of people, mainly James. I'm basicly waiting until someone least suspects it, and then attack them viciously. I eventually plan to take over the entire boards this way. Wait...oh ****, I just told you all my evil plans.

[FONT=Verdana]I was looking for information on Cowboy Bebop (I keep falling asleep during TV time, so I miss a lot)-- but OB is a lot more. Opinions, poems, stories to read ,j thought provoking conversations to join in The best though is a sense of feeling welcome here, and being able to make friends . Topics are interesting, and people seem to support each other.

HURRAH for all the Otaku-ers. I do feel like there is a little electronic village here ,not just random rants.[/FONT]