OtakuBoards

So what's your purpose on Otaku?

Icemaiden

Ok Here is my question to all of you joining me from cyberspace.... Why Do you come to the Otaku boards... For other than the obvious reasons and mean that we obviously have the hard core fans and we have a great way to associate with other people with similliar interests. We have the RPG's and a way to discuss what we think feel about what's going on around us. Als owhat role do you play here are you a newbie just trying to find out more are you here to share your skills or are you just a pain in the butt? I wouldn't ask If i didn't want to know....

[size=1][color=darkred][b]Let's make a pact to all [strike]get laid[/strike] become true OBers [strike]before the end of year[/strike] whenever we want![/b]

I come here because I enjoy it. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here. I like the Art section and the Lounge.

Woohoo.[/size][/color]

Good question. I don't really know anymore ^_^

I came here in v4, lured by theotaku's Absolute dragonball Z/GT which is an anime I don't watch anymore, plus, it's forum is dead. I guess I've just been hangin around movie and the lounge for the discussions on subjects that grab me now (obviously, that's movies, music, and general topics ~_^). Anime hardly does anymore, isn't it ironic?

So, I'm kind of an off-beat OBer, in the sense that I'm not here for any particular purpose, and could easily be gone the next day.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=seagreen]Truly, I come here for little more than the Adventure Arena. Whenever I try and make a story myself, I'll stop at like the second chapter and never touch it again. Here, you have a lot of people who are sharing the story, so if you don't have anything to write, someone else will. Plus, its fun to see what new twists and turns other people can give the story. Most of the time, nothing turned out as I planed but it turned out fairly better! Its just cool the way it works.[/color][/size][/font]

I come here to play rpg's and talk. SinceI don't talk a lot in school I look for other ways to express my self out of school. Then theirs the fact that most of my friends don't watch anime(their is a few that do) so I talk about that here.

I come here because it's my job and that's that =/

...okay, you got me. I still hang around because, no matter what, I still enjoy the conversation that pops up in Play It. Talking about games is one of my favorite things to do and OB still has the best gaming conversation I've seen on the internet. So, as long as all the other gamers stay, I'll still be hanging around OB.

Sometimes I post stories and screw around in Adventure Arena, but that doesn't happen very often. Ironically, I have little to do with anime at all. Take that, OtakuBoards!

I come here because I have nothing to do. Also the boards are heavily moderated here so, I hardly see massive repeat "favorite anime", "Inuyasha VS ????" , and etc threads like on many other forums. MyOtaku is pretty cool too and I like talking to people.

[SIZE=1][B]I came here when I was on theOtaku looking at some DBZ stuff, not having any idea what a forum was XD. Explains how stupid I was as a newbie... then I saw the light!!! Well I saw the Adventure Forum and went from there, trying to make an RPG that would atleast get to page 5...[/SIZE][/B]

[color=darkblue]Well, in the most important aspects, I'm here to do what I was chosen to do, which is moderate. But in all the other ways, I'm here because I love the little community that we've built here. Admittedly, it's kind of hard to say that when hardly any of us have met face to face, but we all have a feeling of what someone's like by the way they post. It's just a really cool place to some and talk about issues, interests, etc. That was the reason I joined way back when (I can't even remember the exact day). I just saw a lot of people talking about DBZ (lol) and decided to get in on it. *shrugs* I just got attached to everyone here.

And having a cool beans Mod position is nothing to sneeze at either, lol.[/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]i first popped in to the OB because of boredom in school... after all, when you finish your work, you can surf the net here.

Now, i love being here to talk and argue about anime, RP, give advice, and talk to people with the same interests i have =^_^=

it's also awesome to find a forum with as good an RP section as the OB.[/FONT]

I joined the otakuboards only a few months ago in september I think. I knew about the site before it became Myotaku but I neve rknew about the Otakuboards. I usually hung around in the chatroom (is that still there).

But once the otaky changed to myotaku I decided to join because i wanted to get my name out and I didn't have a scanner to upload fanpics.

I like the otakuboards becuase I can hang out in adventure arena and there are alot of friendly people here who like the idea's I have and I learned alot here about message boards because these are the first ones I ever joined.

The Otakuboards I think are the best message boards online and their so cool.

I am fairly new here on this message board. I come here for visiting and learning about different animes out there that may have gone by me unnoticed. I enjoy the people I have met and love how well the boards are moderated. I am a mod for a corporate run anime message board and I wish we were able to mod like theOtaku.com is moderated. Great job mods, you keep the forums free of spam and meaningless post!

I can't even remember what brought me to the boards to begin with. I think I was just looking around the internet and stumbled across the boards. I am happy I did. The boards are friendly and the topics are interesting. I would have to say that my purpose on the message boards is to add to the community with my posts and learn from those posts left by others.

Guest Kuharishi
[COLOR=Red]Well im new here but my purpose is tomake a anme for myself. And hve fun. Like anyone else would right? RIGHT!!!!???!!!? :eek: [/COLOR]

There's supposed to be a relevant purpose for all this?! *looks panicked*

No, this is generally the most human contact I ever get (or hope for). The fact that I can control why and to whom I actually speak is immesurably valuable to my antisocial self.

My, that was overly dark...

Guest Midnight Rush
er... i really have no clue. I mean it's not like a local club or something where my purpose would be to meet girls... cause obviously all of us OBers live everywhere lol. THis is a good question and I have no bloody clue as to the answer haha! Something to do maybe?

[QUOTE=Cahoots34]There's supposed to be a relevant purpose for all this?! *looks panicked*

No, this is generally the most human contact I ever get (or hope for). The fact that I can control why and to whom I actually speak is immesurably valuable to my antisocial self.

My, that was overly dark...[/QUOTE]

Ona the first thing: Apparently, or it wouldn't be up here!

On a lighter note: I have the same reason. Its the most human contact I make in a week, because of being homeschooled. I go to church twice a week(special stuff), and I am at home the rest of the time. Boring, huh? Not with OB!

Guest Chris
lets see . . . . why am i here . . . . well, usually i'm not here, but i came here now to check and see what was up. i'm not that active anymore, but i still like to come because i'm attached to some of the people here. some of who i haven't seen in forever. i really need to get mack in touch with them. heh, whatever.

i originally came here because . . . . hmm... why did i come here? i don't really remember, but i'm pretty sure it had something to do with dbz. i was so obsesed with that show. heh.

[size=1][color=#ff6600]A gentle reminder to all that effort must be put into posts to prevent their deletion.[/color]

As for me? I'm the mother of OB, of course. *laughs*

I haven't had much time to post lately--other moderators know how that goes. I come because I've got something of a responsibility to make sure things go at least somewhat smoothly in the Prefecture (that title sounds so arrogant, heh), but also because I enjoy it. If I didn't, I'd be long gone.

Like Shinmaru, I don't watch anime (although that's slowly changing, as I've fallen in with some dorky friends recently. :p) But I do enjoy OB....particularly the Prefecture and whatever the roleplaying section is called now. It's pretty cool to be able to look at the people I know now, and the people I used to know (several of whom are the same ragged group of friends) and see how things and people change. As geeky as it sounds, OB honestly does have a pretty nifty community thing going on--when you've been acquainted with someone for a couple years online, it's hard not to appreciate seeing them around. It's also great when we have new people hop in and revive things a bit--[b]Panda, you're a great example.[/b] ^_~

So, yeah. I had some more things to say, but I'm being kicked off the computer by my kid brother. Some things never change. : p[/size]

Well, originally I came here because I had some friends at school who wouldn't quit bugging me until I signed up for 'these cool message boards we're on".

I found I really enjoyed the prefecture stuff. In my isolated little corner of Iowa I don't tend to communicate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and here I can. I like talking (and occasionally arguing) with all the talented, opinionated and intelligent people that hang out here.

I also really enjoy the Battle Arena. Online sparring is an entity onto itself. At first glance it would seem the only thing that matters is the ability to write decently, but you soon find that the actions your character takes has a real effect on the outcome as well. You start to see that there is applicable strategy to winning a spar ,which primarily consists of limiting your enemy's options as much as possible without god-modding. I can get RPG with pen and paper games (although I get much pleasure from the Adventure Arena as well), but the Battle Arena is a different sort of creative game.

I really don't watch much Anime either (no cartoon network), but I love the Cowboy Bebop DVDs my friend owns.

Guest Crimson Spider
The reason why I first came here: to look up strategies concerning a specific game or two. But since that has died when we went to version 7, I'm probably going to leave soon. Nothing left to do but argue.