OtakuBoards

Your My Otaku

Kent

Hey,
First off, is my otaku still around? (sorry, I will delete this if it isn't.)

I wanted to ask you all about your "my otaku" setups.

This is all sparked because I was told to search the net for my name from another forum and former name here, GoKents. I searched and came up with a blog entry by James from March, 2003. :laugh:
At one point in the post it was all about James, Cloricus and I. :devil: Yeah it was kinda funny. ;)

So I started thinking about it... Just what all do you guys do with your "my otaku" accounts.

How long have you been using my otaku?
How frequently do you work with my otaku?
What all of you do with my otaku?

Personally, I don't even have my otaku setup. If anything is in there, it's thanks to a wonderful default setup by this site.

Anyway, glad to have this stop in again with the otaku.
Hello! To all those who I remember from the past. Just notice tn on... :laugh:
Catch you later. :D

[font=Georgia][color=blue]myOtaku (as in the service) is just a collection of blogs by Otakus. It's still around, and is a separate entity from OB, meaning you have to manually set everything up if you want one. That also means that someone could have taken your name by now![/color][/font]

[i]How long have you been using my otaku?[/i]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]I think I'm one of the first few to signup. I signed up around 07-31-2003 and my myO has been active ever since. I remember there was a huge campaign over here at OB, telling everyone to register ASAP. At the time, no one was exactly sure what myO was! It's come a long way, haha.[/color][/font]

[i]How frequently do you work with my otaku?[/i]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]Hmm... it varies. When I get the chance, I put a lot of work into the thing. Other times, I would say I work on it once or twice a week. I made a few welcome banners, and the myO avatars are fun since they are so big. I had some help with color scheming by the one-and-only Uchiha, though.[/color][/font]

[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]You'll need to put some chunk of time when you first start, though. There's a lot of things you'll have to mess around with before it becomes the way you want it. After that, though, everything's pretty much easy to deal with.[/color][/font]

[i]What all of you do with my otaku?[/i]
[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]Well, everyone does something different. Ideally, I want to talk about anime, but I haven't gotten around to that. =/ As I said before, it's mostly a blog thing.[/color][/font]

[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]I'm not sure what you mean by this question, but if you mean "what is something everyone does the same?" then... Everyone hangs out at everyone else's myO. We sign people's guestbooks, leave comments, putting our 9 cents into the blog. Greeting new people via guestbook signatures is very nice. I know it's always a surprise for me when someone signs my guestbook, haha.[/color][/font]

[font=Georgia][color=#0000ff]In short, it's a really friendly community - friendlier than OB, I dare say...[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=Kent]
This is all sparked because I was told to search the net for my name from another forum and former name here, GoKents. I searched and came up with a blog entry by James from March, 2003. :laugh:
At one point in the post it was all about James, Cloricus and I. :devil: Yeah it was kinda funny. ;) [/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]Don't know what you're smokin cause I want some. myO has only been around since August 2003. Impossible to find one for March. Anyway, to the questions:[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[I]How long have you been using my otaku?[/I]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]October. Ish. I can't remember off the top of my head. Too long.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]Every other day. Whether its a post, adding a button or experimenting with themes, I usually am at myO tinkering. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[i]What do all of you do with myO?[/i]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]Rant. You'll find a lot of people (Shin and TN especially) use their myO to rant. Christ, Shin even has a requested rant service going on. I usually try to post interesting shizzle personally, while some people (like Mimmi) post daily about their... day. Its different for everyone.

And thats all. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[i]How long have you been using myOtaku?[/i]

Like Azure, I was one of the first to sign up. I signed up on July 31, 2003 and I've been using it ever since, though the first month was pretty much off and on, with me making crappy posts and saving the good stuff for me now-defunct piece of crap Blogger blog. I was even in the top twenty for a short time when I signed up :D

Of course, others signed up after me and I immediately fell to the 100s. lol

[i]How frequently do you work with myOtaku?[/i]

Posting wise, I post every day, if I can. I rarely tinker with the design of my site, except for the music, which I change quite often. Personally, I like the colors of my site and they'll never change lol. The stuff like the shoutbox and the buttons are extra stuff that I add from time to time.

[i]What do all of you do with myOtaku?[/i]

I just try to use it to make entertaining posts about me, my life and what I think about stuff. Really, some people's myOtakus are pretty interesting and funny to read. I can think of a few people off the top of my head ([url=www.myotaku.com/otakusennen]OtakuSennen[/url], [url=www.myotaku.com/maladjusted]maladjusted[/url], [url=www.myotaku.com/sara]Sara[/url] and [url=www.myotaku.com/godel]Godel[/url] come to mind) whose myOtakus are just really awesome to read.

So, yeah, I just try and have a good time with my myOtaku and try to make it as strange and odd as humanly possible.

Myotaku :cool:

:D Yes myotaku still is around, but usually people their use it to show off their fan art and use it as a journal, which it basically is. I am a member at myotaku, but really I use myotaku to get new friends help people out with problems and ask people what they think about my art work.

I have been a member at myotaku since December 12, 2003 and my account is still active so if any of you would like to visit my page their just go look up 50 cent.

Well I hope that answered your question. :)

How long have you been using my otaku? [size=1][color=red] I've been using it since bacon was the next apples. [Translation: Since about the beginning of its inception into the The Otaku universe.][/size][/color]

How frequently do you work with my otaku? [size=1][color=red] I post a multiple prolific of posts each found day. [Translation: I post at least three posts a day. Even more. I'm crazy like that.[/size][/color]

What all of you do with my otaku? [size=1][color=red] I post poems, short stories, song lyrics, rants, poems, song lyrics, short stories rants. Oh, wait. I'm repeating myself. Sorry.

I try to keep it as random as I can. Otherwise it gets boring for me, and for My Reader as well.

I think I'm the genius of My O. :p

Yeah. That was definitely egocentric. I'm sorry. :(

Shin and I, our My O's kick ***. . .to say the least.

Everyone go to Shin's My O. Soon he's gonna do a rant on something very personal that I've forced him to do by my toying ways. Mwahahah.[/size][/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][i]How long have you been using my otaku?[/i]
i started using mine in the middle of February this year... the 23rd or so. i originally made my account so i could start making greeting cards.

At least once a week, more like every couple of days. it's like my livejournal but better because there's a person i know who always reads my lj, but has no clue that i have my MyO so he can't read it and embarrass me.

[i]What all of you do with my otaku?[/i]
i rant, rave, daydream, think on paper, you name it. i can talk about my day, berate myself for not getting into UNC full-time, ask for advice about my brother, and just think 'aloud'. it keeps me connected with Mamma and Jagan and Sakura and others. i also use my MyO acct because i love to make anime greeting cards... mostly Weiss and Trigun.

now that i think about it, i should do some tinkering with it before i go to bed tonight... *wanders off*[/FONT]

I set up my account on January 24, 2004. I am a newbie! I have never been a member of a community quite like this before and thought having something like myO was pretty interesting. The main message board community I am apart of only has a very small section for your profile information and it doesn't include a blog area. I love myO!

[I]How frequently do you work with my otaku?[/I]
I started out very slowly since I am still learing the ins and outs of this site and it's links. I am feeling more comfortable now so I have been putting updates on myO every other day to everyday if I have something I feel I need to say.

[I]What all of you do with my otaku?[/I]
Sorry, but I had to chuckle. When I first read this question I could hear Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 saying it. "What all of you do with my otaku?". :laugh: I just had to mention that, it was too too funny!

I use it as myO as my blog. I have my own personal website (which you are all welcome to visit!) but doing updates on it are much more time consuming than myO. It is much easier to add a little rant here and there on myO versus my website. Using myO as my blog is probably my number one use for it. Other than that it is my profile so other members here can learn more about me. Not that I am a very exciting person but it gives you a quick overview of who I am.

This actually prompted me to go and check. The oldest post I have is from August 13, 2003. That's almost a year, unless my math skills are degrading more quickly than I had anticipated.

[I]How frequently do you work with my otaku?[/I]

I'm trying to discipline myself to post daily, which means I actually post about three to four times a week.

[I]What all of you do with my otaku?[/I]
I use it as the journal that my computer-illiterate parents can never, ever read. There's a lot of freedom in that.

[color=sienna][b]How long have you been using my otaku?[/b]

Well, I register on September 2003. I had no idea what it was, but since I saw so many people talking about it, decided to check it out. Since then I take a look at it daily.

[b]How frequently do you work with my otaku?[/b]

I'm very random with how much time I put in working with myOtaku. I can post weekly or maybe daily sometimes. It all depends in the mood I am, or what I want to say. Random, remember?

[b]What all of you do with my otaku?[/b]

Well, OB is the first Board I sign up for and myOtaku, is the firt community. I use it mostly as my journal. But then again, I uset it too as a way to say news and stuff. It all depends, I like to have things mixed up, and it all depends to great extend of the mood I'm in.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]Well, if you went to [url=http://www.myotaku.com]myOtaku[/url] then you'd know whether or not it was still up, wouldn't you?

I've been using mO for awhile. I can't be bothered looking, but I signed up fairly late on. Just about everyone had a myO before I did. I signed up and then forgot about it, only to check it out. Found it was cool and started using it. I probably update most days, however due to Life it may be every few days. As a general rule I have daily updates. MyOtaku is a place where I can write about my life, make comments on stupid stuff and make everybody else feel good about themselves. All worthwhile causes, in my opinion. Sadly two people from Life know about myO, which I don't like. So I can't be 100% open anymore. Basically, mO is a place where you can say what you want to say with no repercussions. Who wouldn't want that?[/size][/color]

[size=1]I was one of the first people to sign up, I believe. Adam caught me online and asked me to try it out and see if uploading fanart worked properly. Heh.

I post every couple days...usually three times a week, I guess. I upload art occasionally, but mostly just talk about whatever comes to mind.

I enjoy frequenting other people's sites, though. That's much more fun than posting whatever I've got to say. Heh.[/size]

How long have you been using my otaku? [COLOR=Navy]I've been one of the first to sign up. I joined MyOtaku on the 31st of July of 2003.[/COLOR]

How frequently do you work with my otaku? [COLOR=Navy]I work with my MyOtaku page just about every other day. It could be changing my quote, adding buttons to my introduction, adding a life post, or just changing my Midi.[/COLOR]

What all of you do with my otaku? [COLOR=Navy]I just post things I feel like saying. I also add buttons of friends too and other things. I even made a midi archive for my MyOtaku. Other than my site, I often visit all of my friends' MyOtaku pages very frequently. I read their life posts, listen to their music, listen to their rants, (I'm looking at you Shinmaru, Desbreko, and OtakuSennen ;) lol), and most importantly, comment to what my friends have to say. MyOtaku is just a lot of fun for me.[/COLOR]

[color=#707875]It's really pleasing to see the way in which myOtaku has taken off. I think it's been one of the most successful things we've ever done with this network.

Anyway, I use myOtaku simply as a place where I can ramble about whatever thoughts enter my head at the time. Usually, I use it to talk about issues relating to the sites and the community. It's nice to be able to congratulate people for a job well done and it's nice to talk about upcoming features and advances ahead of time. It's also nice to reflect on the way things are going, and to provide a little insight into my own thinking on certain points.

I wouldn't say that I generally use myOtaku as a personal blog, though sometimes this is the case. I'm quite happy to talk about personal things occasionally, because sometimes it's worthwhile to do so. But generally I'm not here as a result of my personal life or anything, so my personal life is pretty irrelevant to what I do here. This is mostly why I talk about network-related bits and pieces...because that's what's relevant.

I've been using it since the month it launched, but I was definitely not one of the first people to jump on board. In fact, I originally jumped on board because I wanted to encourage people to test it out and play around with it. As it turns out, the site has been remarkably successful -- moreso than anyone involved had predicted, I believe.

I'm excited about v2 as well. The introduction will be a little gradual rather than being put up all at once, but it will definitely be a good change. I'm really happy with the way things are going. And it's great that myOtaku has helped our community to grow.[/color]

[color=indigo][b][i]How long have you been using myOtaku?[/i][/b]

Well, the "Member Since" bit on my page says 08-11-2003, so yeah; August 11, 2003 is when I signed up, and I've been doing something or other with my page ever since. So I wasn't really one of the first, but I signed up pretty soon after the site's launch.

[b][i]How frequently do you work with myOtaku?[/i][/b]

I usually post about two or three times per week, plus any tweaks that need to be made to the introduction and whatnot. I check on my site for new comments and guestbook entries every day, however, and I usually visit at least a couple peoples' pages while I'm at it. And on some occasions, I'll spend hours at a time working on a "major" update for my page, such as when I added the image border to my posts, then later the post background inside the border, and also Midi Archive drop-down menu.

[b][i]What all do you do with myOtaku?[/i][/b]

I've actually got a fair amount of stuff that I do with my page. My page has sort of evolved over time into what it currently is, though overall, the basic premise has remained the same.

First off, there's the Otaku Life posts, which I mainly use to talk about whatever game(s) I happen to be playing at the time, though I also throw in various other happenings in my life that I think people might be interested in hearing about. Then there's also the Now Playing posts every Sunday, which I use to talk about the new midi that I've put up for the week.

As I said, I put a new midi theme on my page every week, which I've been doing since I first added a midi. This led to the Now Playing section of my introduction, as well as the Now Playing posts, and later the Midi Archive section next to Now Playing. Each week I post a new midi for people to listen to and I make a post to talk about that particular song and the game/artist/band that it's from. And at first, I just had links to the previous four midis under the Midi Archive section, but recently I added the drop-down menu, through which you can access all of the previous featured midis -- 35 and counting.

Just a couple weeks ago I also added a new section to the introduction: Shameless Plugs. Yes, I've also caught on to the button trend, but I figured I might as well call them what they are. Plus, I've put a bit of alternate text for each one, which you'll see in place of the image while waiting for it to load or if you have images turned off in your browser. Just some slightly amusing little "titles" for people that I came up with on a whim one day.

And finally, every now and then I like to sit down and try to think of something big I can do with my page, such as the post border/background and Midi Archive drop-down menu that I've previously mentioned. It doesn't happen often, but when I do get an idea, I usually end up not only adding something cool to my page, but also learning something. Before working with myOtaku, I actually knew very little HTML; I just knew how to use Dreamweaver. Now, though -- after being forced to work with the code itself and not just in Dreamweaver -- I know a fair bit of HTML, and I've taken my first step into Javascript with that drop-down menu. Working with myOtaku has actually given me some incentive to learn such things, in order to be able to implement my ideas, which I think is pretty cool.[/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1][b]How long have you been using my otaku?[/b]
Since about August 8th, 2003. I didn't start using it until I saw some of friends (for some reason Josh is sticking out in my head) and all the different ones advertised in people's sigs. So yeah, I joined and started my own little insane website. I used a different Chobits picture everyday in my posts. ^_^

[b]How frequently do you work with my otaku?[/b]
I used to post in it everyday, now I just go VISIT everyday and then post when something that sounds remotely interesting comes to mind. I like to make sure my colors and pictures all mesh well. I've been on this "theme" kick lately, with my latest being Oruha from Clover. She's so dang pretty. ^_^

[b]What all of you do with my otaku?[/b]
I mostly use it as a blog, but I also upload a lot of my fanart and keep up with my fanlistings. Sometimes my entries are relevant to the OB, but most of the time they are just me rambling about the insaneness that is QA. I really do need to scan some of my art. I've just completed my Libra watercoloring. ^_^[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Well, it's my turn ^^

[B]How long have you been using my otaku?[/B]
Well, my page says that I've been a member since 2/25/2004. As to HOW I came to use it...actually I was kinda bored so I thought it would be a fun way of keeping track of my thoughts & such. As for the OtakuBoards, I used to meander in every now then until I noticed some changes that had me coming back more often. Good changes. I'm glad that y'all have moderators who are serious about keeping the boards nice & tidy--that way, I don't keep tripping over non-sense stuff. Keep it up ^^

[B]How frequently do you work with my otaku?[/B]
I check it out whenever I am home during the day and have nothing else to do--which is quite often. Whenever I get onto the Net, I have a certain routine I keep to--like opening a bunch of windows to various sites that include email, boards, news, and miscellanous sites ^^ As for UPDATING myOtaku--I usually do that on sunny days when I have something to say.

[B]What all of you do with my otaku?[/B]
I do NOT use myOtaku as a personal blog [which is somewhere else on the Web]. I only use myOtaku as an Anime/Manga blog. I pretty much keep track of the things I watch and read--and every now and then I write down synopsis and reviews. Of course, I also go on the occasional digression and tangents--but they usually concern anime/manga.

Yes. I like my myOtaku *^^*

[/COLOR]

Wow, at first I thought this thread would get no attention, but it seems to have gotten a few responses.

James, Desbresko, etc... I remember the two of you, not the rest though. ;) Also queen Asuka... glad to see your still around, I figured a pretty girl like you who just went off to college would have no time for this place. Guess you really are the queen otaku. :blush:

btw, I have probably been around a lot longer than most of you think.
I've got something over a thousand post and been here since something like... Hmm... Ahh... 12-31-2001.
That means I've been here a lot longer than most of you thought for sure.

Also... I'm not smoking anything CrH... duh, it's from march 2003. ;)

Just thought this was James' myotaku account, guess it's not though... but it's still proof that I was here back in the day. :D

[color=red][size=1]I'd rather if you didn't post that link, Kent. - James[/color][/size]

Anyway, I really want to comment on the fact that I am so happy about the success of myotaku and the continuing success of this site in general.

The board is great, the options like myotaku are awesome, and the main site is still as good as ever. (even better.)

As for me, I was thinking about getting an account for my otaku going, but I don't know that I have the time, none the less, the audience willing to read my rants.

As for you all, I am impressed that so many of you remain some-what-regular in your entries with myotaku.
I bet that makes james happy as can be. :D

Also, I've gotta ask... is Adam still around?
And what about all the other members from back in the 2002 era.
:laugh:
Makes me feel older than I am, and even nerdier than ever before.

Anyway, thanks for actually answering me on this one everybody... lots of help is what you have given... now I have a better idea of whether or not I should get down with myotaku.

Well, till next time. :D
-kent

[QUOTE]How long have you been using myOtaku?[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]I've been using myOtaku since December 28th, 2003. I didn't really know exactly what it was back then but it was interesting. At first I was just messing around with the site, seeing what all was on it and what I could do with it.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[QUOTE]How frequently do you work with myOtaku?[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Oh, just about everyday on the weekends and once or twice during the weekdays. I try to update as often as I can so my friends know what strange things have been happening in my life. ^_^[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE]What do all of you do with myOtaku?[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]I like to use it to inform people of strange things that seem to happen in my life. I also like to use it to show off my art (graphic and pencil). I also like to theme my myOtaku to the current movie that I like, at this moment, it's the Matrix.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]It is also a joy to visit other people's myO's and see what has been happening with them, if they've changed their colors or theme of their myO.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Reading entries in my guestbook and seeing how people commented on my recent post are just a few other things that I like to do.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE]Also, I've gotta ask... is Adam still around?[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Yes, Adam is still around, heh. If it wasn't for him (and everyone else who is helping with myOtaku v2) right now, we wouldn't be getting all these nice changes to myOtaku.[/color][/size][/font]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]How long have you been using my otaku?[/B]

I have been using MyOtaku for about a week, I just discovered it recently so I am just having fun with it now.

[B]How frequently do you work with my otaku?[/B]

About once a day, sometimes once every few days, sometimes twice aday depending on developements.

[B]What all of you do with my otaku?[/B]

I use it as my journal which I allow others to read. I have another journal for my more personal thoughts this one is just kind of things that I dont mind if other people know about me. I dont know why I keep it maybe I hope to go back through it in the future and she how I matured over time.[/SIZE][/COLOR]