OtakuBoards

Wishes

Cyriel

To start off, I've seen the threads on suicide, and this is NOT one of them. This is not where I'm discussing whether or not anyone's ever thought of killing themselves. This is a discussion of death, and the effects.

You know we've all seen them. They litter our emails in forwards that we consider to be annoying and useless. Personally, I've read dozens of them, then promptly deleted them. All forwards that take up an increasing amount of space, and all saying the same message: make sure that at the end of your life, you have no regrets. Tell people that you love them, live every day to the fullest. Perhaps it never really hit me until now, for some reason.

But it got me thinking... So now I'm asking you: what would happen if you died tonight? Tomorrow? What if you never got another chance to see your friends or family? What would by your greatest regret, and why? And if you had the chance, what would you do to change it? And...what would be your most cherished moment of life?

Those emails and forwards always made me feel so guilty... I felt like there was just something I was always missing.

But if I died... I think my greatest regret would be not living for myself. For some reason, I just find my whole life devoted to making other people happy: my parents, siblings, teachers, friends... I mean, it's not a bad thing, but sometimes (like today) I feel like I haven't done anything in my life (short as it is) that I truly value. I mean, they're all worth everything to me...but I feel like I'm just living my life for them. I don't know, it's so hard to explain.

But...also, I think that I hide my feelings so much. So I'd also regret making my friends feel bad. Seriously, I'm just someone who listens more than they talk. So my friends usually come to me to talk to...and usually I learn so much about them, but they never really hear me talk. It's not their fault; I guess I'm just more prone to listening. But...if I died, and they all got together and talked about me or something, I don't think there'd me much to say. So I think that if I had a chance, then I would open up more, and talk to people, and let them get to know me.

My most cherished moment in life.... There are so many, when you think about it. I mean, there are a lot of depressing times, and the bad always seems to be much more than the good, but when you look on it in detail, I've just been so blessed with everything. I have a loving family, wonderful friends, good grades, some skills (although not the ones I want), and my faults are of my own making. But my most cherished moment... Have you ever had one of those days when you just wake up in the mornings, and go outside. It's beautiful, or serene, or wildly awe-inspiring, but all the same, you feel that great potential, as if anything could happen that day. I think those are the best moments. When there's the possibility of anything happening; you feel so free.

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]If I were to die today or tommorow I dont think I would have any real regrets. I mean I guess I would reget the fact that I have never expierenced real love and will never get to get a job have children and watch them grow older but those are not my fault so I wouldnt spend to much time thinking about that. But yeah when its comes time to die theres nothing I can do but face it with eyes open.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Heh... BlueGender put it rather well. This sounds corny, but all the things you never got to do or experience... if there was/is an afterlife, it would be bugging me through all of it.

My biggest regret, though I would have many, is never having a girl-friend in real life. No, I'm serious. I've never gotten the chance to be friends with a girl that would return any kind of affection... except here on the internet. That would be my regret... besides, love, if it does exist, drives us through a lot of our lives, especialy at my age... witch is still pretty young ^^.

Cherished moment? No idea. There's no one single moment that stands out in my life, and there may never be. I don't know how other people think, but my life has had it's thrills, but they're always matched by a previous or future experience. So everything would just be kind of a blur if my life were to end now.

[QUOTE=sublime2004][b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
My biggest regret would probably be not forgiving my parents for making my life a living hell. I'm not gonna go into detail, but I'm sure some of you out there know what I mean.[/b][/size][/color][/QUOTE]
What? Of course we do...n't.... ^^;

My biggest regret would be to never tell this guy I like(hes funny, sweet, and very cute... goes to my church) that I like him. ^^ I'm trying to get up the nerves to ask him out....

My CURRENT biggest regret was that I never got up the guts to tell off some guy for playing my best friend. It hit her hard... ^^;

Cherished moment...hmm... Well, I guess it would be after I sang something in church and everyone complimented me, and said stuff like, 'Wow, you have a good voice.' Or 'Why didn't you tell us you could sing.' ^^

Well if I died tomorrow my biggest regret is that I was never any good at school so I may have been a bit of a let down for my parents. Thats my greatest regret but I have a lot of smaller ones that I'm not going to say because it may upset some others.

Guest Le tour sombre
If I died later tonight or tomrrow.. my biggest regret would have to be that I won't be around there to help my mom. She needs me, especially lately, she's sort of bed ridden and can't do anything or else she'd get even more injured. And she needs me because she goes crazy without me being there with her when I went away for a day or so. I know that's kind of pitiful.. and she doesn't 'want' me to feel guilty and stay with her and stuff.. but I luff her and all, and I can't bring myself around to leaving her.

Or one of my regrets would have to be that no one really knows me all that well. I usually tend to let people only know a piece of me and never really open all the way up to someone. Yes, I need counsling. o_O;

The only thing I could probably change is the thing I just stated.. so I don't know. My most cherished memory.. Hard.. I don't have very many. And at the moment, I can't think of one..

{ Yay.. First post.. :3 I inroduce myself in your thread. Feel luffed. *Gonna get kicked for being egotisticalsfh.* }

[I][SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Green]If I died in these next few hours, my biggest regret, of the [B]MANY[/B] I'd have, would be that I'd have never entered a contest with my new horse, and to never see my cousins that live in the U.S or the one who lives in Spain, that'd really brake my heart, even after death, I think I'd still be sorry that I didn't talk to them, or jump in a contest; and, I'd also feel horribly sad, if I couldn't say bye to my parents and my sister; the pain I'd go through if I couldn't is, for me unthinkable. Another regret would be to never tell my friend how I really am, because, they just talk and talk, and I listen, and everytime I try to talk to them, they just don't listen, I don't blame them, that's just the way they are, I can't change them; but I like listening, and trying to help them when they have problems.

If I could change something, it'd be my atitude, the rage I feel when I even get the tinniest thing wrong, I get so mad, because, I always try to do my best, I just got to learn that everyone makes mistakes (Except God :angel: )

And my most cherished moment, would be when I win a contest with my new horse, and go to a higher level, and, to make my parents proud to have me as a child, and riding teacher happy to have me as a student. Or if I win a spelling bee that's gonna take place these next few days, and, then, after some other spelling bee wins, go to Japan, in the grand final, I'd cry of joy if that'd ever happen...

I know these are strange things to regret and to cherish, but they all mean a lot to me,
HetepKa[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Guest Midnight Rush
If I were to die now, or even tomorrow I'd have but one regret: I wouldn't have had the cahnce to see the world as it is. To know people and to begin to understand them, to see the rare and the common, to know the joys of love and life and the pain of failure and injury. I would regret missing the competition and victories of the world, I would miss the rainy day defeats and the triumph of overcoming them. Simply put: I'd miss the ******* world.

[quote name='BlueGender][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]If I were to die today or tommorow I dont think I would have any real regrets. I mean I guess I would reget the fact that I have never expierenced real love and will never get to get a job have children and watch them grow older but those are not my fault so I wouldnt spend to much time thinking about that. But yeah when its comes time to die theres nothing I can do but face it with eyes open.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

Agreed...except the part about children. Don't want 'em.

Although the major thing I would regret is never becoming a serial killer....*smiles innocently*

EDIT:although yes I have considered dying. It's not a high priority. Why should I die if I'm alive? I live because I can. Just like the extremists who climb moutains because they're there.

[color=orange][size=1] If I died today, I think my biggest regret would be not looking both ways before crossing that stupid street.

If I could change one thing about my life, I probably would have changed my decision to not tip my hair bright orange.

My most cherished moment is probably when I met my boyfriend, just to be consistent with the corny aspects of this discussion.[/color][/size]

Hmm...I try not to have too many regrets because they obviously are a negative thing, and normally negativity is bad.
That and you should not spend too much time looking over your shoulder, or as Mist said; 'you'll regret not looking both ways.'
I would feel to bad about the whole love thing and missing out on it, as they say. I would however, regret not being able to bring music of my own creation out into the world. Its what I want to do, and is my dream. I just want to play infront of some people, and bring music and joy to them...that and its the best feeling in the world. So yeah, that would be a regret of mine, if of course I kicked the bucket tomorrow.

[QUOTE=Cyriel]So now I'm asking you: what would happen if you died tonight? Tomorrow? What if you never got another chance to see your friends or family? What would by your greatest regret, and why? And if you had the chance, what would you do to change it? And...what would be your most cherished moment of life?
[/QUOTE]

Regret is the worst feeling in the world. I always make it a point to tell my friends and family that I love them since you don't know what may happen. I don't want to have the regret of not telling someone I love them and have them pass away. I've had a friend pass awy in a car accident and the last time I saw him I told him I loved him and that gives me some comfort since I know he knew he was loved.

If I died tonight/tomorrow my biggest regret would be that I wouldn't be here to take care of my parents. My mom has severe rheumatoid arthritis and my dad is diabetic. They are both getting on in years and I don't want them to be alone. I want to be here for them. I love them so much and I know it would break their hearts to have to bury me. I don't want that pain for them. Definately my number one regret.

As for things in the past that I regret there are so many things it is hard to choose. If I could go back and change them, I am not sure. I asked this question in another thread about going back in time and after further thought I don't think I would change anything. All the events in our past make up who we are today. The good, the bad, it all is apart of what makes us who we are. I don't think I would change anything.

At this point I would have to say my most cherised moment was my wedding day. I got to marry the man of my dreams. He is my best friend and I love him so much. It really is one of my most cherished memories.

[SIZE=1][B]If I died right now, tomorrow, today, whenever, my biggest regrat would be being a lonely biatch, trying to hide being alone all the time with a happy mood. Most people are used to seeing the funny to laugh at (not with), happy Vicky, but it ain't all true, and I'm not speaking about it (if anyone's on AHQ and has read my sig they'll know what I mean).

What would I change...? Yeah I would've said thanks to my old friends when I had the chance, but I didn't...

And for the final question... the day I met my best friend for life, Chance my dog... might not sound much, but you know nothing about me.[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=2]Hhmm if i were too die tomorrow my biggest regret would be that i never show the true me........like i always act differently to different people so that they are happy and dont bug me to much......my most cherised moment emmm would possibly be the really small things like just havin a laugh with my parents or with friends....i suppose i aint had one of those perfect day thingy's quite yet.....but i hope to soon ^_^[/SIZE]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Dark Kakashi Out[/FONT]

If I were to die today or tomorrow, I would regret not making amends with my friends about a dog that she blamed on me for killing (it was lost and I couldn't help her find it, but later she found it under her recliner and she still hasn't said sorry yet). Also, I would regret not ever being able to really grow up and put all the mean people at school to shame with my smarts.

My most cherished memory (the one that would flash before my eyes as I die) would be the one where I was with a boy that I liked and all of my friends and my sister in the summer when we were all having a water balloon fight when I was about six. It was my birthday.Even my parents joined in.

Now I'm kinda sad. oh well.