OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

I used to follow this anime more intently then when i used to followed DBZ, that was up until about episode 110-115 somewhere in that range. I missed a bunch of episodes during the fight between [spoiler]Inuyasha and Bankotsu[/spoiler]. I intend on getting the box sets, but so far i've only seen seasons 1 and 2, and im kind of upset that it looks like theres going to be a long wait until they get up to the parts i need to catch up on. And i'm not gonna buy the individual volumes just for those eps either, i'd rather own the whole series when the time comes for that to be possible (in english, it is already possible in japanese). I own all the eps of Naruto in japanese which isn't a prob, but certain animes i perfer dubbed...Inuyasha being one of them.

Sesshomaru is def an awesome character, one of my favorites. Hate Koga though...dunno why. He just annoys me.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=BKstyles]I used to follow this anime more intently then when i used to followed DBZ, that was up until about episode 110-115 somewhere in that range. I missed a bunch of episodes during the fight between [spoiler]Inuyasha and Bankotsu[/spoiler]. I intend on getting the box sets, but so far i've only seen seasons 1 and 2, and im kind of upset that it looks like theres going to be a long wait until they get up to the parts i need to catch up on. And i'm not gonna buy the individual volumes just for those eps either, i'd rather own the whole series when the time comes for that to be possible (in english, it is already possible in japanese). I own all the eps of Naruto in japanese which isn't a prob, but certain animes i perfer dubbed...Inuyasha being one of them.

Sesshomaru is def an awesome character, one of my favorites. Hate Koga though...dunno why. He just annoys me.[/QUOTE]

heehee yeah i've seen all the episodes aired on adult swim so far ^_^ there's 167 i believe...^_^ yeah koga is annoying ^_^ but so is kikyo...nto just because she gets in the way of kagome and inuyasha though that mostly the reason i don't like her ^_^ naraku tends to get on my nerves every once and a while too...

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Stafal-chan]^_^ no i think there is one more movie...but i never seem to remeber the names ^_^ i liked the 2nd better ^_^ it was more interesting than the first one..that and the one moth in the 1st movie looked like kagura. personally i don't like the graphics as much for the movies my fav character is Sessho-maru ^_^ he's the best ^_^ umm fav book is book 2 ^_^ errrr. episode...hmmm.... OH Farewell my Beloved Kikyo cuz[spoiler] KIKYO DIES ^_^ YAAAAAAAAAAAY she gets disintergrated in miasma YESSSSSSSSS!!![/spoiler'] hee hee yup that episode made my day ^_^ okies so most hated character anyone? i hate kikyo with a passion, i hate koga second b/c he thinks he so great and strong but he's not...and he always runs away..coward...[/quote]

yea i think that there is a 4th movie. but i dont know if it's been released in the U.S. and Stafal-chan i LOVE your opinion on kikyo! i hate her for several reasons. [spoiler]1 being she tried to kill kagome. 2 she catn just accept inuyasha as a half demon 3 the dead are supose to STAY DEAD.[/spoiler] As for the show itself, i LOVE IT! it has a great combination of charecters,battle seanse,love seanse, and of course comedy. but one thing i like is its not a typical the hero alwase wins thing. if i go to much more into that part i might give away to much so ill just leave it at that. As for a favorite character i would have to say kagome OR full-demon inuyasha(to find out more u have to watch the show ^_^ )

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Wolf2gto][spoiler']3 the dead are supose to STAY DEAD. [/spoiler][/quote]

In all fairness, it's not like Kikyo wanted to come back. I blame [spoiler]the old witch hag who stole her remains and brought her back to this world.[/spoiler]

Then again, yes it is quite wrong that Kikyo doesn't accept Inuyasha as who he is as Kagome does. So personally I do prefer Kagome over her, but you have to cut Kikyo some slack once in awhile.

[COLOR=#007520][INDENT][SIZE=1]Ayi, if you're quoting a spoiler, and the original poster didn't add spoiler tags, it would help the moderators out if you added the spoiler tags for them. Thanks. -r2[/SIZE][/INDENT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT] Inuyasha is one of the best anime of all time. :D I love the action/comedy/romance themes mixed together. It makes the story worth watching and getting hooked on. I love Inuyasha! :D Oh by the way, I read earlier comments that alot of ya'll don't like Koga. Whats with that? He's awesome! But one person I saw that no one said anything bad to was Sesshomaru. Noone seems to hate him. Well I wouldn't think anyone would. But I love the Inuyasha anime!

To: moderator r2.

(i'm sorry about the spoilers. thats why i just cut that part of my post off. please forgive me. I didn't know of my previous spoilers because I didn't go back to those topics. Plus i didn't really know what spoilers were. But now I know what they are and how to prevent them. I really am sorry. I'll be much more careful. I promise)

[indent][size=1][color=#007520]#1inuyashafan, I already warned you about the use of spoiler tags in [b][url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=719529#post719529]this post[/url][/b], [B][url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=716930#post716930]this post[/url][/B], and [B][url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=713890#post713890]this post[/url][/B]. Ignoring the warnings of a moderator are grounds for a ban.
I added spoiler tags for you, and removed the pointless quote. Abusing the quote tag just makes the boards messier, so if you're not replying to something specific in that post, you have no reason for the quote.
I don't like having to repeat myself, so shape up or ship out. -r2[/color][/size][/indent]

when you really get down to it, Inuyasha is a very unique anime in the sense that it brings the perfect balance of action, comedy(mostly slapstick), romance, suspence, violence, horror(ok, maybe not horror, but there are some scary moments, you have to admit), and other thematic elements.

the only problem with the show is that it's not as consistent as it should be. what i mean by this is that certain pieces of the storyline have been dragging out for years, such as the love triangle between [spoiler]Kagoma, Kikyo, and Inuyasha[/spoiler], Sango's attempts to [spoiler]save Kohaku[/spoiler], and the central conflict between Inuyasha's group and Naraku.

other than that, it's an excellent anime that should be respected among many an otaku.

[color=#007520][INDENT][SIZE=1]KyuubiKhaos, especially since you quoted a post with my warning in it, you should already know about pointless quoting and spoiler tags. I also deleted your double post. Make an effort to read the rules, before continuing to post. As I said in the post you quoted, ignoring warnings from a moderator are grounds for a ban. -r2[/SIZE][/INDENT][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
i adore the show its a great anime/manga im a kikyo hater and a kagome lover theres no second thought to it that inuyasha will pick kagome
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]crazyoveranime[/B], here at OtakuBoards we expect more from our members when they post. Your post is pretty spammy with little in the way as to why you like the show InuYasha. Also using proper punctuation and grammar makes it easier for others to understand what you are saying so please put more effort into your posts. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Inuyasha is probably my all time favorite anime.It was one of the first more serious animes that i started watching.I[ve always had a serious problem with the pervert monk Miroku.I've always liked Inuyasha,Sesshomaru,and Naraku.BUt I do like the newer characters as well.I know that some people will have a problem with this if they watch Inuyasha but I've always favored Kikyo over Kagome and thought that Inuyasha should get back with her.Kagomes kind of like a suckup.

• 1 month later...
This one will probraly get mixed reactions but i read in my newtype that inuyasha will finally be coming to an end. around about october 16 adult swim will realese the 4th movie around about December 23 so we all have that to look forward to. but what would you say your opinion on this matter will you be angry, upset, to see your favorite dog-demon go. or will you glad to sayit's finally over? and you could also look at it this way at least now you can look at anime like Bleach, Trinity Blood , and Eureka Seven a little bit more.... :animeswea

[COLOR=#007520][SIZE=1][INDENT]This thread will be open for about a week, then it will be merged with the Official Inuyasha Thread. Located [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=39612]here[/URL]. -r2[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Lime]Well personally I just hope that Inuyasha ends good.[spoiler] Well to tell you, Inuyasha the 4th movie is already out where I am. I even own it.[/spoiler] I will be a little upset to see the thing end yet I will be happy to see how the ending is.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Im increadibly angry that it's ending now. I wanted it to end a year ago >_>

YES[COLOR=DarkOrange] Inuyasha [/COLOR] is FINALLY over!!! Look, I'm not going to lie - two years ago I thought this was the coolest show ever. I have a manga volume and a T-shirt even! But MAN did they ever drag this show out! Curse you [B]Rumiko Takahashi[/B]!

Okay. When Inuyasha first started, it had a lot going for it. It had the whole action/adventure thing down, it had it's little quirks and jokes. [B]Miroku[/B] was the funny pervert monk, [B]Sango[/B] was the hot-headed demon slayer, and [B]Shippou [/B] was adorable. While I thought the show began to go downhill the minute the hunt for [B]Naraku [/B] took precedence over everything, I still found it cool.

Then as forty episodes turned into eighty, 3 moves turned into 5 (if I hear the words [B]WIND SCAR[/B]! one more time...), and what began as exciting turned into monotonous.

Miroku's feeling of women's ***** went from funny to not funny. Then, he falls in love with Sango and... hold on. Why is it that if they are in love, it only shows once every 20 episodes? If they were in love, wouldn't they always be in love? Blech.

Sango's little brother is annoying as well because he can always use her in the same way.

The relationship between [B]Inuyasha[/B] and [B]Kagome[/B] never seems to pick up. They went from hate to love, but over the course of about 150 episodes why the hell arent they together yet?!

Shippou was alright at first, but now the only attention he gets is in one of his little episodes where he invariably meets up with another tiny little demon guy.

For the rest of my complaints, see my post in 'What Do You Like/Dislike In Anime'

I'm SO glad this show is ending.[/COLOR]

Ha ha, I agree with you COMPLETELY F.O.Y. I was starting to think that maybe I was the only one who felt this way!

Yes, this show was really good when it started. It had an interesting plot and interesting characters, but does the series REALLY have to go on that long?!? :animeangr I used to really like this show, and look forward to watching it every week. I used to even like the characters. Now I just find them annoying and the show is just really boring. Nothing happens. They fight a bunch of demons and Inu Yasha damns them all to hell; they can't defeat Naraku. Miroku strokes a bunch of ladies' butts and Sango gets jealous, but they can't defeat Naraku. It is VERY monotonous. :sleep:

It's such a shame that I feel this way about it, because I used to like this show so much! I think this series should have been over long ago. They could have compressed this series into, like, 50 episodes and it would have been great and probably very compelling the whole way through. Stories can't go on forever. They have to end.

I think they did a pretty lousy job with the relationships too. It was pretty good at the start when it was just Kagome and Inu Yasha, but, I mean, does anyone ever REALLY have any real feelings for eachother? It just seems like they fight a lot and there's no real depth to it at all. Granted, Sango and Miroku DID [spoiler]get engaged[/spoiler], but they really don't seem very affectionate towards eachother... And the Inu Yasha/Kagome/Kikyo thing is just ridiculous.

It seems like they just CAN'T kill off main characters in this series. I mean, not like it's a GOOD thing to kill off main characters, but it does add a lot of emotional depth to the show. Kikyo just can't die, it seems. SHE'S ALREADY DEAD! WHY IS SHE STILL AROUND! I mean, it's the same thing with Naraku. I know they're powerful and everything, but if you've been that gravely injured so many times, and you have so many people out to get you, it just doesn't seem realistic that they can just keep on bouncing back! Yup. I think these people must be afraid of change, because nothing major has happened for a LOOONG time. :animesigh

Yes, I think this show should come to a conclusion as soon as possible. :rolleyes:

[COLOR=Teal]Inuyasaha has passed its due point. It wasn't all that great to begin with and now its just insanely bad. Its become so repitive I can't sit through an episode. I just want them to kill Naraku and end it allready :animeangr . While I do enjoy the romance between Inuyasha and Kagome its gone on way to long and now feels more like a soap oprea than anything else. Hopefully they will end it on a good note to please fans. But any ending is fine with me as long as it decides to end.[/COLOR]

[b][size=1]Heh, funny stuff. I've already stated that I've never cared about Inuyasha, but when I see everyone saying that it was too long (I actually agree.) and whatnot. Just a few moments ago, I went to ANN (Anime News Network) and looked at how many episodes there are, and it said 167.

Now compared to other animes in the same category (I think it's shounen... correct me if I'm wrong) such as Naruto, and DBZ, it's no where near the same length. (They're actually longer) So in all honesty... Adult Swim should be blamed for making it seem longer than it should've been. With all the re-runs and whatnot.

That's all I can say for the moment. I lost my train of thought.[/size][/b]

Guest Gun Preacher
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I'm going to miss inuyasha even thogh i'm the only one who will its still a good show to me and i likke to see things till the very end like does inuyasha and kogoma get togather and what about sesshomaru and ren what happens with them i just want it to keep going

[indent][size=1][color=#007520]Nooooooo oooo! There are nooo periods in this run on sentence. There's hardly any punctuation in your post at all. Keep in mind that Otakuboards emphasizes post quality as well as content. Unless you make an effort to improve your posts in both these areas, action will be taken. A ban is not out of the question. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators. -r2[/color][/size][/indent]

WAIT A MINUITE. THE FINAL EPISODE IS AT OCTOBER 27??!!!! IS THAT A SATURDAY??!!! please o please let it be a saturday!!! :animecry:

o ya i was also wondering when inuyasha was going to end. i mean its been awhile right? what 3or 2 years? and going? Not saying that it should end. It is a good show, i watched some episodes :animeswea but not all of them. But i still remember some episodes.

keep the show goingggggggggggggggggg!
inuyasha was one of the founding animes for me and many people( like one of my friends) that like take what got me in to animes like naruto and fooly cooly(flcl for short) as your self if you never seen the first anime you saw would you be watch it right now. :D

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]This is for Adult Swim, right? Well, I already saw the ending over a year ago (hooray for fansubs), and I must say that they should have kept the story going. [spoiler]Really, the ending flat-out sucked. No kidding. It wasn't even the end of the story, they just cut the series short and left you with a massive cliffhanger. Did they ever defeat Naraku? Will Inuyasha stay with Kagome after the ordeal is over? You do not find out, and you will hate it for that.[/spoiler][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

The InuYasha ending, from what I've heard, is going to be like the "ending" for Ranma 1/2. Ranma never really ended, they just stopped making the anime. The same is pretty much true for InuYasha. The manga continues the storyline for quite awhile.
I think it's about time InuYasha ended on [adult swim]. It's become so repetitive, like many other series in it's category. It actually hasn't been too long since IY started on AS. September or October 2002 was the date they showed the first episode. So it's been 4 years; not that bad, actually.

My best friend absolutely loves Inyuasha! She says that it is her most favorite anime in the whole universe. I never get to watch it because of how late at night it is and I'm insomniac so I'm more concentrated on actually getting to sleep rather than a TV show.

Anyway, I also read some of the manga in my spare time at the bookstore. I was never able to buy it though.