OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_fizz [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I know what got me into Inuyahsa was the plot and the story.

I do find the different male characters have appealing attributes;
[b]Inuyasha?s[/b] ears "How cute!" and good heart despite his try to be a bad a**,
[b]Koga?s[/b] take charge she is mine and get over,
[b]Miroku?s[/b] sex appeal and drive,
[b]Naraku?s[/b] just so mysterious and evil,
[b]Sesshomaru?s[/b] coolness it is so cute how he ends up helping Rin despite he?s hater of humans, and
[b]The oldest thunder brother (forgot his name)[/b] how he just kills his date for the shear fun of it "Kind of hot!".

So for me it is the guys"A little bit for everyone", plot and the theme of the story.
THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout: [/B][/QUOTE]
The oldest Thunder Brother's name is Hiten and I agree he is soooooooooooo hot. Wait you said "kind of hot" I guess I feel that feeling stronger than you oh well.:)(younger sister)

Inuyasha,I'll admit dosen't start off awsome(tell me which anime does)actually its more of a tell you the basic plot in the first episodes,but don't get me wrong it gets better trust me. The plot thickens dramatically when they find out Naraku is behind all the bull****. The art work isn't as bad as everyone says I mean the eyes are way more detailed than DBZ's.Dots for eyes how creative they even put white around the dots.Inuyashas full of comedic and romantic scenes something you can't get from DBZ.I use to like DBZ,but one mindless battle after another it gets old.
Goku wins like we didnt see it comming. Inuyasha has a lot of action too so don't think its dull don't drop it after two shows so
don't juge it.
~Demon Babe~:demon:

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kairi8990
although it might not be one of the best animes around (its not like gundam for one thing) it still is pretty good. and so is the music. if i were to rate it ...probably a 4 out of 5, bcuz some of the stuff they put in there is sooo funnie.and im also very attracted to the guy too
gotta be the ears ... same with legolas(elves seem to be attractive, to me...lotr elves.not those things santa clause owns)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Demon Babe:) [/i]
[B]The oldest Thunder Brother's name is Hiten and I agree he is soooooooooooo hot. Wait you said "kind of hot" I guess I feel that feeling stronger than you oh well.:)(younger sister) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Well, you know how it is you are not really suppose to like or fine someone who could kill you just for the fun of it sexy, but on the down low, he is really hot.;)
Thanks, for his name, I could not recall it when I posted earlier.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kairi8990 [/i]
[b]wow. youve got the hots for like 6 guys on the show. i only have the hots for 2. ^_~ [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Just for the record I got the hots for Inuyasha, all the other guys have something for everyone, and I was just pointing out what I fine in them.
THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout:

[color=green][i]P.S. You are welcome Eugi [/i][/color]

[COLOR=silver]I rather like Inuyasha, even though the characters are as it's been said multiple times predictable and the artwork isn't superb, I gotta give it props. Later in the season it is much more compelling. Personally I have a incredulously large distaste of the earlier episodes. When I first got into the show it was like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy later, gods, all kinds of things had happened by then.[/COLOR]

I'm a normal, healthy adult (30+) male who thinks Inuyasha is among the best anime out there. It operates on multiple levels and you can take it at whatever level you choose. For IY fans, the characters have become people we care about, sort of like an extension of our families. Art is a matter of taste, but I find the series beautifully rendered, with great use of color and line to evoke feelings and mood. The music is excellent, having a very Japanese feel while also being pleasant to Western ears.

Basically, I've gotten to where I want to know what happens to the IY cast. Will Kagome and Inu finally declare their love to each other? Will Miroku actually give up his kimono-chasing for Sango? Will Kikyou die again and leave Inu in peace? And how will Naraku meet his end? Or will he? This is an anime and anime doesn't always have happy endings.

Inuyasha himself has a problem that faces a lot of guys. In order to embrace his future (Kagome), he has to let go of his past (Kikyou) and that's hard to do. He's caught between his sense of obligation and duty to Kikyou and his desire for Kagome. It's fascinating to watch as Inu works through all this. Meanwhile, for laughs we have Miroku the pervert monk. He tries and tries, only to get slapped down again and again. Sesshomaru, especially after he adopts Rin, gradually undergoes a change from Inuyasha's enemy to something like an ally, in his own inscrutable fashion.

I've seen a lot of criticism of the IY English dub, especially Moneca Stori's voice characterization of Kagome. I don't think it's as bad as some people make out. Yes, Kagome comes across as shrill and whiny, but Stori also brings out the compassion, caring and integrity in Kagome, especially as the series progresses. The first dozen or so episodes are a bit rough, but I think that was a case of the English voice actors still discovering their characters.

Anyway, I like Inuyasha and am looking forward to seeing the new batch of dubbed episodes next year on Adult Swim. (^_*)

Guest Inuyasha7575
I am a big Inuyasha fan i was not an anime fan till about a year ago the first show that got me into anime was Cowboy Beebop but know im a big fan of Inuyasha. I make sure to tune in every nite to inuyasha since i dont have enough for the videos and me with no job.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the_fizz [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Well, you know how it is you are not really suppose to like or fine someone who could kill you just for the fun of it sexy, but on the down low, he is really hot.;)
Thanks, for his name, I could not recall it when I posted earlier.[/color][/b]
[/QUOTE]

Hey I may be a tom-boy but I'm pretty confiident in my abblities to so-called [I]soften[/I] the bad-boys.=) But the very minute(if InuYasha was a reality)Hiten even ignored my senseitivtyand got violent with me, I'd run back to Miroku.=)

[color=hotpink][size=1]Edited to fix tags. *QA*[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Demon Babe:) [/i]
[B]Oh, P.S. Fizz you're on my buddy list!=) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]PPS. That post was spam and is getting deleted.

PPPS. Not to mention you double-posted.

PPPPS. I think it's a good idea for you to check out the rules on posting at the OtakuBoards Information Center. Thanks.[/color][/size]

Guest Inuyasha_4ever
Hey there is nothing wrong with inuyasha at all! I know tons of people like and tons dont. BUT ME I LOVE IT ^_^ Its the best anime I ever saw!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eugi [/i]
[B].Here in canada, Cartoon network is replaced by YTV...the worse channel you could ever get overseas (if you dont live in canada). So, most preffer to download anime. But you know, with YTV is where EVERYONE gets to know anime, after ONE episode of, lets say, Inuyasha, the person that never know wtf anime was in the past, is no totally into it...
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=seagreen]Hey! YTV isn't that bad^^ Anyways I like Inuyasha! I don't get to see a lot of anime because YTV doesn't show that much and this is the first anime I've gotten into since Escaflowne. The art is great to me, cause I feel as though the art in YGO has gone a bit...lets say sour since I started to watch Inuyasha. I like that the show is long, opposed to Escaflowne which only had 26 epps.[/color]

I used to know next to nothing about Inuyasha,and I'm still fairly clueless,but i love it now.I'll admit that the show isn't that awe-inspiring,but I've fallen in love with the mangas and have been buying them up (in the past week I've gotten volumes 1-7 and will get more as soon as i find more money) as fast as i can.Also,I wish people would stop talking about "stereotypes" and everything,I mean,why must everyone be so jaded? Can't any of you ever just sit down and enjoy something without it having to be totally original and out there? And even if you can't,not everything is stereotypical about it...I've never seen a perverted Buddhist monk with a black hole in his hand before in an anime,so where does that fit in? I bet half the people that have jumped on the hatred bandwagon have only seen the show once or twice on cartoon network or something,read the mangas and give it a chance before you judge...

Before you start talking about "the hatred bandwagon," keep in mind that the vast majority of Inuyasha [i]fans[/i] might easily be classified as bandwagon-jumpers. Also, I can guarantee you that the series' fans will always outweigh its detractors.

Anyway, I've watched every episode of Inuyasha that Adult Swim has aired to date. I own the first five DVDs, and I've read several volumes of the manga. So I suppose that I meet the requirements you've laid out, and am therefore qualified to pass judgment upon Inuyasha.

I enjoy the show, but it's not exactly a classic, and I don't plan to continue spending money on either it or the manga. It's marketed as a sort of action-adventure/comedy/romance hybrid; in my opinion, its attempts to be a good example of every genre result in it being a mediocre example of all of them. Inuyasha's action follows the usual Yu Yu Hakusho formula (his character can even be compared to Yusuke's, but that's another story), and its animation does nothing to set it apart. Its comedy relies almost entirely upon a number of running jokes which rapidly lose their freshness, and thus become rather annoying. The show's romantic aspects are generally touching and well-done, but its love story tends to take a back seat to its many drawn-out battles.

~Dagger~

Then obviously I wasn't referring to you,Dagger,I was talking to the people that don't like it because they're friends don't,or people in the forums don't,I was just asking those people,not you,to give it an honest chance,and I'm not a bandwagon fan of it either,I bought the manga on a whim and i went crazy for it,so I did it for myself.Also,I would apply that same expectation to bandwagon fans,they should forget about what they're friends like about Inuyasha and judge if they actually like it themselves.And finally,like I said,why does everything have to be original? so what if jokes get old? If that mattered,friends would have been over a long,long time ago,its just entertainment,sheesh...

:::this is my first post, woo hoo:::
I have been a fan of Inuyasha since it started coming on CN. I do agree that the first 12 or so episodes are quite revulting. (There is this ink painter episode that just gets on my nerves) Despite this, it really is a good anime, even if it is a bit mainstream (just cuz it's mainstream, doesn't make it bad. There is a reason so many people watch it) Inuyasha is what drew me in to other anime. (It still is my fave)

Ashley_the_blr: Welcome to Otakuboards! ^__^

And now for a slight change of subject. I've been wondering why I feel so ambivalent about Inuyasha, and I think that one of my main reasons is the fact that it doesn't really go anywhere. No matter what happens, no matter how many cool new characters are introduced, Naraku always seems to have the upper hand, and the Shikon Jewel shards just keep slipping through Kagome's fingers.

Out of all the anime that I've seen or heard of, Inuyasha is alone in being a truly lengthy series (140+ episodes) with only one main villain. Do you think that Naraku's constancy adds something important to this show, or is it actually a weakness?

~Dagger~

Well,I think one main villian is important,it provides a counterbalance for the good guy.It also has a dual role of raising sympathy for the protagonists and increasing hatred of the villian,so when the good guys do at last win,its a bigger deal.And also,never beating a nemesis,and like Kagome's always losing the shards,it's an expression that you can't always win and that stories don't always have happy endings.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SubaruFan [/i]
[B].And also,never beating a nemesis,and like Kagome's always losing the shards,it's an expression that you can't always win and that stories don't always have happy endings. [/B][/QUOTE]

What you just mentioned may actually be my favorite aspect of Inuyasha. It's the type of show that I'd expect to dissolve in a big pile of sappiness and happily-ever-afters, and yet never does. To Rumiko Takahashi's credit, Inuyasha can sometimes portray human emotion with truly astonishing realism. The bittersweet love triangle between Inuyasha, Kagome, and Kikyo is perhaps the show's most successful plot device; it almost makes me hope that the series will have a tragic ending, sadistic though that may sound.

~Dagger~

I do think the confict that Inuyasha has between the two girls,one whom is the woman he loved in spirit,and the other the one in flesh,is torture for him and seeing how he learns to deal is one of the many things I enjoy about it.And giving it more thought,i still more fervently disagree with people that shout "stereotypes" at Inuyasha.Someone said Kagome was a little school girl who discovers she has super powers and stuff,well,that may be true,but even before that happens,when shes still a "frail mortal" she continually shows a side of uncommon bravery when she and her companions are in danger.Inuyasha isn't a superhero,he does get injured and he does have weaknesses,which I think is important for people to realize about him,and Miroku isn't just a perverted monk,at least not deep down,he knows he doesn't have long to live and is trying to get the most life out of the time he has left.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SubaruFan [/i]
[B]I do think the confict that Inuyasha has between the two girls,one whom is the woman he loved in spirit,and the other the one in flesh,is torture for him and seeing how he learns to deal is one of the many things I enjoy about it.[/B][/QUOTE]
I totally agree. This is what always brings me back to inuyasha. It's the most interesting conflict in the series. I can't wait to find out how it ends.

Heh, you may be forced to wait a while. From what I've heard, Inuyasha is still running strong in Japan, and shows little sign of stopping--even after five seasons and over one hundred and forty episodes. The manga, too, is incomplete, and so far consists of at least thirty-five volumes. This is all rather daunting... it doesn't help that the Inuyasha DVDs cost approximately $25 each, at a measly three episodes per DVD. It would therefore be quite impractical to collect the entire show through legal means.

I just hope that Inuyasha comes to a satisfying conclusion, and that poor Kikyo doesn't get completely shafted.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]Heh, you may be forced to wait a while. From what I've heard, Inuyasha is still running strong in Japan, and shows little sign of stopping--even after five seasons and over one hundred and forty episodes. The manga, too, is incomplete, and so far consists of at least thirty-five volumes. This is all rather daunting... it doesn't help that the Inuyasha DVDs cost approximately $25 each, at a measly three episodes per DVD. It would therefore be quite impractical to collect the entire show through legal means.

I just hope that Inuyasha comes to a satisfying conclusion, and that poor Kikyo doesn't get completely shafted.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

I know that's true. The entire series is building up quickly; and all we've got are about half a hundred episodes aired on TV. In addition to the ideas about the show and purchase of items; I personally believe that the show won't have a sad/tragic ending. Sure enough, the love triangle of Inuyasha, Kagome and Kikyo has brought a huge spark in making the series worth watching.

I myself collect mangas and sometimes dvds; it all depends which one has my favorite episode. Yes, it's a waste of money, but it shows how popular the show really is. If Inuyasha wasn't all that interesting, then stores would probably sell every dvd for like what $10 or $9.99. That's my thought; because I would sometimes find almost any type of purchase from a show that's...well....no big of a deal in worth watching. That's how the economy works. :lecture:

[size=1][color=chocolate]I agree with Asuka very much. How I learned about InuYasha was from adult swim, and that's where I had found some others also. This show is popular because it's on adult swim.
Now I don't find the animation "ugly." I think it it good, although later Inuyasha gets a little crappy looking in the series. (Especially in the movies, the animation disgusts me then.) If you want to see weird animation, look at Kikaider.

And it is a very long series, and I wonder if it will [u]ever[/u] end. I also agree with Dagger; I want the series to actually have a tragic ending of the love plot. I actually hope for either Kagome or Inuyasha to die in the series for a tragic ending. That's how I want it really to end.(And you may think I'm a crazy nut for thinking this)

Answering Eugi's question, what makes InuYasha great in my opinion is the love plot between Inuyasha, Kagome, and Kikyo. That is part of what makes me watch the series. Also of the comedic actions.[/size][/color]

Guest Inuyasha7575
I think inuyasha is a great show miroku is my fav. character, but i felt like using inuyasha. The show that really got me into was Outlaw Star and Cowboy Beebop.I think Inuyasha is a great show sure it doesnt have the best animation but the action and adventures are great.

• 2 weeks later...
Some of you people are very strange to go on and on over something that matters not. I just don't get how you can sit there in front of your computer and just nag on everything you see and read. It's not always about the best drawn, or the best plot line or whatever. I would have to say what makes an anime series the best or most popular is not the way everything is worked out to a T. Its about seeing something that none of the other series offer. it's about when the end is coming and you like it so much that you want more and more until you can't take it anymore...you starve for the series...the perfect series that i find InuYasha gives its people. And you know another thing its far from perfect, but because it is people find that it is everything that they long for in anime. It's got a bit of everything in it and thats what makes it such a good series to watch. Thats all i wanted to say so i guess laters ppl~