OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

THe love between Inu and Kikyo wasn't as strong as it appeared. If it were, then Naraku's trickery wouldn't have worked. They were two outsiders, he by being a half-demon and she by being a miko. They were drawn together to ease their loneliness. Kagome is his future, drawn to him by love, not loneliness. BUt Inu has to let go of his past (Kikyo) before he can embrace his future (Kagome) and he's having a lot of trouble doing that. Kagome has come to realize she must share him with the memory of Kikyo until lhe has settled the Kikyo business in his heart. Only then will he be able to embrace Kagome (see Ep. 48). Inu and Kagome have formed an indissoluble bond that won't be broken, although it will be stretched pretty thin from time to time. (^_*)

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, BIG love triangle here.
Inuyasha will always have a place for Kikyo in his heart, she was his first love. And like in the early episodes, (not Kagome's voice and Kikyo's kiss) it showed a scene of Inuyasha and Kikyo kissing in a forest with the sun brightly showing. Of course he will still love Kikyo, even though she had shot him into a tree for him to be gone forever, all because of Naraku.
It is obvious Inuyasha likes Kagome, but Kikyo will always be in his heart.
And rumours I have heard...there are websites of Sesshomarou and Kagome as a pairing. I just find that disturbing. Inuyasha, Kikyo, and Kagome love triangle is enough of a triangle already.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by herbkir [/i]
[B]THe love between Inu and Kikyo wasn't as strong as it appeared. If it were, then Naraku's trickery wouldn't have worked. They were two outsiders, he by being a half-demon and she by being a miko. They were drawn together to ease their loneliness. Kagome is his future, drawn to him by love, not loneliness. BUt Inu has to let go of his past (Kikyo) before he can embrace his future (Kagome) and he's having a lot of trouble doing that. Kagome has come to realize she must share him with the memory of Kikyo until lhe has settled the Kikyo business in his heart. Only then will he be able to embrace Kagome (see Ep. 48). Inu and Kagome have formed an indissoluble bond that won't be broken, although it will be stretched pretty thin from time to time. (^_*) [/B][/QUOTE]

Let's put this into context.

If the love of your life--someone who should rightfully have been your enemy--suddenly decided to mortally wound you..... what would that make [i]you[/i] think?

"Oh, he/she hasn't betrayed me. It must be a trick!"

If Kikyo only needed a person to ease her loneliness, she could have definitely found someone less ornery and emotionally scarred. She was a beautiful young woman of high status; priestess or not, I'm sure quite a few men would have been willing to bend society's rules for her sake.

Inuyasha would never have taken comfort from a single demon or human being (not that any would have offered him affection).... except Kikyo. Inuyasha and Kikyo had an incredible natural bond. Their love defied both destiny and the norms of culture.

Just because Inuyasha truly loves Kikyo doesn't mean that he can't eventually come to have feelings for Kagome. It's unfair to deny the emotions which govern so many of his decisions, and which have had such a powerful hand in shaping the show's story.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]Let's put this into context.

If the love of your life--someone who should rightfully have been your enemy--suddenly decided to mortally wound you..... what would that make [i]you[/i] think?

"Oh, he/she hasn't betrayed me. It must be a trick!"

If Kikyo only needed a person to ease her loneliness, she could have definitely found someone less ornery and emotionally scarred. She was a beautiful young woman of high status; priestess or not, I'm sure quite a few men would have been willing to bend society's rules for her sake.

Inuyasha would never have taken comfort from a single demon or human being (not that any would have offered him affection).... except Kikyo. Inuyasha and Kikyo had an incredible natural bond. Their love defied both destiny and the norms of culture.

Just because Inuyasha truly loves Kikyo doesn't mean that he can't eventually come to have feelings for Kagome. It's unfair to deny the emotions which govern so many of his decisions, and which have had such a powerful hand in shaping the show's story.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you on that one, Dagger. You've made several good points here.

First of all, why would Kikyo seek Inuyasha, out of all beings, out of loneliness? Many men would be very willing to comfort Kikyo's loneliness. Besides that, the entire village became Kikyo's friends. At least, they cared for her.

Secondly, I can understand how Inuyasha is lonely, but why seek a human to better his emotions?

I don't think that that came out quite clear, so I'll just spell it out. Why would a hanyou seek comfort from a human? Most creatures with demon in their blood don't care for humans at all. A hanyou's demon parent would care for humans, but that doesn't nessicarily mean that the hanyou will.

That's all that I can think of right now, so I'll just leave this to the other people who feel like talking.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by IloveBebop [/i]
[B]I
Secondly, I can understand how Inuyasha is lonely, but why seek a human to better his emotions?

[/B][/Quote]

he saw kikyou as a way to the jewel...she didn't want to "waste her arrows" on him. but she became somewhat of a friend and she changed his mind on becoming a full demon...i think they just kind of "slowly fell in love"... also he probably wouldn't kill her because of his mother or somehting... my 2nd point is mostlikely wrong lol

-meh

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuluvr1 [/i]
[B]Okay, BIG love triangle here.
Inuyasha will always have a place for Kikyo in his heart, she was his first love. And like in the early episodes, (not Kagome's voice and Kikyo's kiss) it showed a scene of Inuyasha and Kikyo kissing in a forest with the sun brightly showing. Of course he will still love Kikyo, even though she had shot him into a tree for him to be gone forever, all because of Naraku.
It is obvious Inuyasha likes Kagome, but Kikyo will always be in his heart.
And rumours I have heard...there are websites of Sesshomarou and Kagome as a pairing. I just find that disturbing. Inuyasha, Kikyo, and Kagome love triangle is enough of a triangle already. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know that you are intitled to your own opinion but, when you say that Inuyasha will never get over Kikyo that is crossing the line in my opinion. Oh yeah, where in the world did this rumor of Sesshomaru + Kagome come from. They will never be a couple never ever. Kagome loves Inuyasha to much to go with Sesshomaru! And Inuyasha likes Kagome to much to ever separate with her. Besides Sesshomaru hates humans except for Rin of course. He even tried to kill Kagome once or twice. Inuyasha may be stuborn and wont admit to it but he does care alot about Kagome. Same goes for Kagome. But back to Inuyasha and Kikyo :raspberry , Kikyo keeps trying to kill Inuyasha even though she wont ever admit to it she says that his life belongs to her. She told him not to let Naraku kill him witch i think is stupid because Kagome will step in front of it and die before anyone kills him if she can help it. :) .

Guest Black Flame
This really doesn't have anything to do with the Inu-Kikyou-Kagome thing, but on the video game, Inu-Yasha: A feudal fairy tale, you change it so that when Sesshomaru beats Kagome he tells her "I love you"^_^ hehe. Also, don't ya think the chorus of the song "You remind me" by Usher kinda fits the love triangle between Inu-Kikyou-Kagome?

Chorus:
-You remind me of a girl that I once knew,
See her face whenever I look at you,
You wouldn't belive all of the things she put me through,
This is why I just can't get with you-

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AngelWiN_Kagome [/i]
[B]Oh yeah, where in the world did this rumor of Sesshomaru + Kagome come from. They will never be a couple never ever. Kagome loves Inuyasha to much to go with Sesshomaru! And Inuyasha likes Kagome to much to ever separate with her. Besides Sesshomaru hates humans except for Rin of course.[/B][/QUOTE]

It's called fanfiction, honey. ^_~

Some people like the idea of Sesshomaru/Kagome. It's definitely not a canon relationship.... but alternate pairings are rather popular these days.

I wouldn't call it a "rumor," though, since I doubt that anyone in their right mind would attempt to prove that something actually happened between Sesshomaru and Kagome, whether in the anime or the manga.

~Dagger~

I knew someone would reply to the Sesshomarou and Kagome pairing. It is true though, people make fanfics of Sesshomarou and Kagome as a pairing.
To me, Sesshomarou and [u]Kagura[/u] would make a great couple. Rin is more like a little sister to Sesshomarou. Rin and Kohaku would be so cute :blush: :D
And people do get feelings for Kikyo and Naraku as a couple. They have the weirdest couples these days, and Onigumo's heart has nothing to do with Kikyo and Naraku pairings these people think of these days.

Black Flame, you can really do that?!? *makes up an evil plan*

Guest Black Flame
Yep, I have Fluffy say that every time he beats Kagome... although it's in japanese... but it's still funny! You can can also make Inu-Yasha say "bow wow" after he beats Koga! hehe :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Black Flame [/i]
[B]Yep, I have Fluffy say that every time he beats Kagome... although it's in japanese... but it's still funny! You can can also make Inu-Yasha say "bow wow" after he beats Koga! hehe :) [/B][/QUOTE]

i know this is off topic...but all i do when i bored sometimes is change what they say in the game and when they tag in i have kagome say to miroku "where are you putting that hand?!"

heh...it's fun

Hi ya everyone,
Some food for thought, I know that Inuyasha loves Kikyou and Kikyou loves Inuyasha, right. In addition, Inuyasha now loves Kagome and Kagome loves Inuyasha, right. Kagome is the reincarnation Kikyou and Kikyou is dead, right (even if she is brought back from clay and ash) (blah blah). Who is to say that Inuyasha and Kikyou's love did not go on with Kikyou?s spirit into Kagome and that is why Kagome now loves Inuyasha. This would mean that Inuyasha and Kagome belong together and this is why Kagome goes back to the past in the first place. Kikyou at her time of death hated Inuyasha and that is why when she is brought back she continues to feel those emotions. If she really can come to grip with her death and that Inuyasha really not betraying their love she could rest in peace and her spirit will move on into the future and turn into Kagome.
THE FIZZ:wigout:

[B]It's called fanfiction, honey. ^_~

Some people like the idea of Sesshomaru/Kagome. It's definitely not a canon relationship.... but alternate pairings are rather popular these days.

I wouldn't call it a "rumor," though, since I doubt that anyone in their right mind would attempt to prove that something actually happened between Sesshomaru and Kagome, whether in the anime or the manga.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

~Dagger~

I know some people like the idea of them being together but do you seriously think that Sesshomaru would get together with Kagome? I agree that it shouldn't be call a rumor because its more of an opinion. What do you mean nobody in thier righ tmind would attempt to prove that something actually happened between them?

No, I never stated that I thought they could potentially get together. Sesshomaru/Kagome happens to be one of my least favorite non-canon couples. And nobody in his or her right mind would attempt to prove that something actually happened between them, because nothing [i]did[/i] happen between them.

Hope that helped to clear things up.

~Dagger~

Hope that helped to clear things up.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

~Dagger~
Yeah, thanks that helped me a lot. I am new to this kind of stuff so i dont know what a lot of things mean, for instints I have no idea what a midi is. Its pretty pathetis isn't it? :). Oh yeah, i wanted to ask anybody who reads my posts to answer this question for me okay? I want to know how you get those pictures that are under were it says newbie by your user name. please tell me, i want to have a picture of Kagome since my name is AngelWiN_Kagome. I haven't got a clue how all of you get hose pictures. Please tell me ASAP.:angel:

[color=chocolate]I've thought recently that Inuyasha reminds me of Sailor Moon...

[b][COLOR=indigo]*boy and girl are in love.
*boy and girl sadly torn apart by death caused by outer force
* "reincarnation" of boy and girl (boy is his old self, girl is .. not)
*boy and girl meets and do not get along.. [SIZE=1]at first[/SIZE]
*then boy and girl gets it on...[/b][/color]

there's more than that, but you catch my drift.
granted, I have only seen a couple of Inuyasha-episodes, but it seems that these two animes have a little in common.

- Mimmi[/color]

[SIZE=1]ps: how many episodes is there of Inuyasha ? for how long does the story span ?[/SIZE]

I've read the mangas more than watched the animes and there are MANY instances in the mangas where Inuyasha wants to declare his love for Kogome! (THEY ARE SOOO MEANT TO BE!!! heh heh) I haven't watched many of the animes...but i think it's obvious that Kogome and Inuyasha are meant to be...(I haven't seen the epi. where Kikiyou comes back...i just read it in the manga) Kogome IS Kikiyou's reincarnation...So Kogome IS Kikiyou. (and off the topic, there are a LOT of Inuyasha and Kogome pairing fanfics...even some not PG 13 ones...if u catch my drift. ~-^)

I've seen up to Episode 52 of the Inuyasha anime, and read several random volumes of the manga..... just so you know where I'm coming from.

1. Yes, Kagome is Kikyo's reincarnation. [i]That doesn't mean they're the same person[/i].

Think about it. Even when she was alive, Kikyo was quieter, more serious, and arguably more troubled than Kagome ever was. The fate of her entire village lay in her hands. Kagome now faces a similar, albeit smaller, responsiblity--she must use her spiritual powers to track down and purify the shards of the Shikon no Tama. But Kagome remains bright and cheerful (vapid, some might say) even in the darkest of circumstances. The only time her optimism wavers is when she ponders the love triangle between herself, Inuyasha, and Kikyo.

It's obvious, from what the two characters have said--as well as from their reactions to various situations--that though they may share the same soul, their personalities differ. Kagome and Kikyo have the same magical abilities and the same basic sense of honor and nobility. Yet other than that, they're very different.

2. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Inuyasha wants to declare his love for Kagome. "Declare" is putting it a bit strongly, to say the least. He's started to develop feelings towards her, but is Inuyasha really the type of guy to deliver a sudden proclamation of love?

Maybe Inuyasha and Kagome are meant to be. After all, the entirety of the anime (so far) seems to be slowly pushing them together. However, I think that a happy ending is far from guaranteed. Let's just see where this goes.

~Dagger~

Okay, I have gone on a website an all I know of for now is that there are about 123 episodes so far, with three movies.
And I agree with Dagger, he doesn't want to "declare" his love for Kagome. Shy is the word, maybe embarrassment. But what is there to be embarrassed about?
And another question, do you think Inuyasha would kneel before Kagome opening a box for a ring asking her, "will you marry me?" or "do you love me?" No, I don't think so.

I love the romance between Inuyasha and Kagomae it's like magic,they were ment to be.Even though I feel bad for Kagomae because Kikyo is always popping up out of nowhere and Inuyasha forgets Kagomae exists. A fter ignoring her he then does something extreamly stupidthat makes Kagomae cry and go home.Then the usual happens between Inuyasha and Kikyo she hurts him or attempts to kill him,he gets hurt and goes looking for Kagomae. We of coursr know shes long gone,so lonesomly he waits her return. She's at home waiting for him to come and apologize ,(Witch obiously isn't going to happen),so she goes back instead. Still moaping and groaning waiting impatently for her she pops up and apologizes for taking off,(Witch she shoulden't have to),and he apologizes.... eventually. story by, Demon Babe:) P.S please reply