OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

Ha! Not really.

Rin is just a little kid, no more than 10 years old. She follows Sesshoumaru and Jaken because she has nowhere else to go. Her whole village (including Rin herself) was killed by Kouga and his wolf pack. When Sesshoumaru brought Rin back to life with the Tenseiga, she began to look up to him.

Anyway, Sess could be over 100 years old for all we know since InuYasha is at least 68.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inuyasha is great! its like one of my favorite animes. I like the music my favorite so far is fuki mori. Im new and im glad to know that other people love inuyasha as much as i do!

Well for all those people who missed a couple of the new episodes you have another chance to see them. Next Monday CN is going back to the first new episode they showed and are going to show all the new episodes again. So here's your chance to watch them again. Of coarse eventually the network will show reruns any way.

This is my first post here... Hi y'all! :D

Inuyasha is absolutely one of my favorite animes (tied with Fruits Basket). Unfortunatly, I've only had access to the Adult Swim version, and I really don't like dubbed animes.

Even so, I got hooked on Inu. The show has everything: action, drama, romance, conflict, and passion. I have every episode from AS recorded on about 5 tapes :D. When they showed the last new episode just recently, it really upset me. They were just getting into the good part: Inuyasha becoming full youkai, Naraku's spawns, and more realationships forming. Needless to say, I needed more Inu.

Just last night, me and a fellow Inu fan won an auction for Episodes 1-119 and both of the movies on 46 VCDs for $49. They are Japanese with English subtitles. We haven't gotten them yet, but when I do, I will fill you in on the quality.

So naturally, I'm ecstatic about the whole thing. I'm not trying to brag here or anything, please don't get that impression. For those of you that were in the same AS situation as me, you might like my solution.

Even though I will eventually have most of the episodes, I will still record the AS version, for comparison's sake.

Wow, that was a long first post. :D

I too am watching the AS versions. That was a long post, but it's good to here from other people. That's awesome about the auction. $49 for all of those episodes! I bought episodes 22-24 on dvd and it cost me $22 just for 3 episodes! But I am going to start buying them anyways. I don't like Inuyasha being demon. It's kinda scary. It makes you think, is he going to be like that after using the Shikon Jewel to become a full fleged demon? I should hope not. Well, now that he's softened up a bit, maybe he will want to use it for something else. I wonder what that would be. Hmmm...

Yeah, the reason they were so cheap is because they are, erm, bootlegged. xD They aren't official, and I'm glad about that, I never like the "official" stuff. Too washed out for me. I like the raw stuff. :P

As for full demon Inu, yeah, it is a little creepy to see him like that. But for some reason, I like it. I get all emotional over Inuyasha, just when the last show aired a few days ago, I was freaking out. My hands were over my mouth, and my eyes were wide open and everything. Not a pretty sight. xD Maybe I like it because in the end, Kagome will snap him out of it (I'm a sucker for the Inu+Kag relationship). But when she wasn't able to last time, it was a bit discouraging.

It's a plot twist, I like it. As for the Shikon issue, I would assume he'd be worse with it. I mean, this change is just from losing his Tetsusaiga. With the added power of the jewel, who knows how horrible he'd be.

I'm hoping he'll use it to go full human with Kagome. xD

I am hoping for that too. Wouldn't that be funny, Inuyasha going human adn living in Kagome's time. He'd be so lost....And in modern day clothing! EEK, I just can't see him in jeans and a t-shirt! I like the red Hammer pants! lol..I do like Kikyo, but I too am a sucker for the Inu and Kagome relationship. In the episode " Kagome's words and Kikyo's Kiss" I felt bad for Kagome. But it was her voice that woke him up and he saved her. I wanted to cry then. *Glances to see if Conna_da_fox is watching* I am sorry Conna, I do like Kikyo and I did feel bad for her when Inu saved Kagome and she asked if Kagome was more important. But she wants to kill Inuyahsa, I don't want Inuyasha to die!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by animangademon [/i]
[B]I am hoping for that too. Wouldn't that be funny, Inuyasha going human adn living in Kagome's time. He'd be so lost....And in modern day clothing! EEK, I just can't see him in jeans and a t-shirt! I like the red Hammer pants! lol..I do like Kikyo, but I too am a sucker for the Inu and Kagome relationship. In the episode " Kagome's words and Kikyo's Kiss" I felt bad for Kagome. But it was her voice that woke him up and he saved her. I wanted to cry then. *Glances to see if Conna_da_fox is watching* I am sorry Conna, I do like Kikyo and I did feel bad for her when Inu saved Kagome and she asked if Kagome was more important. But she wants to kill Inuyahsa, I don't want Inuyasha to die! [/B][/QUOTE]

They do make a good couple, but they keep fighting. Inuyaha keeps screwing up! Inuyasha would look stupid wearing modern day clothes. The hammer pants should stay. Hmm I wonder what they smell like if they don't wash! And when do they wash their clothes? To bad you can't actually go and see them and ask these questions.*Runs to the well in the backyard and jumps in.....jumps out running from giant snakes*Lol

Bah! I just realized that AS have shown all the new episodes they've got, and are gonna start rerunning them tonight!

Aw, and I wanted to see the next episode, where Inuyasha has to fight his father's old enemy.

Hmm, I wonder when they'll be gettin' the next new batch of episodes. Sigh, I'll probably have to wait until December.

Heh, oh well. I guess its no big deal, I really don't mind waiting just as long as they don't cancel the show entirely.

Yeah, I watched Inu last night and they started back to the birds of paradise..I was a little upset, but I don't mind! I will watch re-runs because I am addicted and my body is programmed to stay up to watch Inu and then go to bed. Besides I will go crazy if I don't watch it, I don't know why, but I just will. I think Inuyasha is worth the wait

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by animangademon [/i]
[B]Yeah, I watched Inu last night and they started back to the birds of paradise..I was a little upset, but I don't mind! I will watch re-runs because I am addicted and my body is programmed to stay up to watch Inu and then go to bed. Besides I will go crazy if I don't watch it, I don't know why, but I just will. I think Inuyasha is worth the wait [/B][/QUOTE]

I was a little upset that they started to rerun it from that point. At least they didn't start from the beginning. I wonder why they stopped at the point were he was transfroming into Demon form. I wish they would've continued. I hope they continue when they get to the point were they were at.

Yah, I hope so too. It takes a while for them to edit it and translate it and get it to the States, yada yada yada. I am sure it will probably take about another month or so.

Atleast it didn't take long for them last time to get new episodes, unlike DBZ we had to wait how many years?lol..and they started back to the Android saga now...

But ANYWAYS, off topic but yeah, hopefully we don't have to wait too long..

• 4 weeks later...
I love Inuyasha and Kagome:love:. They are perfect for each other. I just wish that Inuyasha would tell her how he feels about her instead of pretending not to love her. I dont think he actually chosse Kikyo. I think he doesn't know who to chose. If he knows Kagome would stay by his side forever than why does he just stay with her. Just because Kikyo died with him doesn't mean she wanted to stay with him. Kagome loves him and he loves her, he just feels he is in dept with Kikyo. (sigh). Kikyo wants Inuyasha to die with her because she didn't finish the job 50 years ago. The arrow was supposed to kill him right? And, just because Naraku (:butthead: :devil: :flaming:) tried to kill Kiyko once he thinks that she is in more danger than Kagome, wrong!
Naraku has a plan up his sleave that he is going to take advantage of this, I just know it. I don't want to tell you what I think he is going to do but you will see in the next new episodes. They better be good. I cant wait :love: :D !

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AngelWiN_Kagome [/i]
[B]I love Inuyasha and Kagome:love:. They are perfect for each other. I just wish that Inuyasha would tell her how he feels about her instead of pretending not to love her. I dont think he actually chosse Kikyo. I think he doesn't know who to chose. If he knows Kagome would stay by his side forever than why does he just stay with her. Just because Kikyo died with him doesn't mean she wanted to stay with him. Kagome loves him and he loves her, he just feels he is in dept with Kikyo. (sigh). Kikyo wants Inuyasha to die with her because she didn't finish the job 50 years ago. The arrow was supposed to kill him right? And, just because Naraku (:butthead: :devil: :flaming:) tried to kill Kiyko once he thinks that she is in more danger than Kagome, wrong!
Naraku has a plan up his sleave that he is going to take advantage of this, I just know it. I don't want to tell you what I think he is going to do but you will see in the next new episodes. They better be good. I cant wait :love: :D ! [/B][/QUOTE]

I've got a couple points to make.

1. First of all, I'll assume that you meant to say, "Why [i]doesn't[/i] he just stay with her [Kagome]?"

Well. Keep in mind that Kikyo was (and is) Inuyasha's first and greatest love. Sure, fifty years passed, but his feelings for her have had no time to fade. It would be cruel of him to stay with Kagome just because she loves him, particularly if he were unable to return her affections in full.

2. Secondly, Kikyo was deeply in love with Inuyasha. That's why she's so bitter about his apparent betrayal, and why she simply can't let go of her rage and resentment. The more powerful the love, the more powerful the resulting hatred.

3. Finally, Inuyasha was not meant to be a happy show. Its romantic elements are very much bittersweet, which is part of what makes it so enjoyable to watch. Kikyo and Inuyasha were meant for each other, but chance--or fate--intervened. In another world, they might have found happiness together.

The same thing goes for Kagome and Inuyasha. They complement each other perfectly, yet he is unable to truly love her.

This series is rife with tragedy. Maybe I'm the only one, but I really appreciate that. It gives Inuyasha a sense of realism that many better-animated and better-plotted shows unfortunately lack.

~Dagger~

[color=green]I concur, Dagger... I enjoy Inuyasha, but it by no means ranks as a fave for me except in it's romantic writing. Kikyo Is a regal woman of stature and wisdom, and there are qualities that she possesses that Inuyasha is in love with her for. Kagome, while being the reincarnation of Kikyo, has the potential for these qualities, but she is immature and lacks the wisdom and even education of Kikyo. The buds of these are why Inuyasha is drawn to her, but if there is love between them, it will never be fully realized or admitted, because of Kikyo and the fact that Inuyasha's heart and sould belong to her, in her entirety. Only the actual Kikyo will hold his ever lasting love.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lina Inverse [/i]
[B][color=fuchsia]Speaking of inuyasha, my friend told me that iunyasa the movie was coming out over here. I just wanted to know if that was true and if it is does anybody know when it's coming out? 6_6[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

i baught the second movie off of ebay...so i thought i was in the US but it appears that it came from Hong Kong, China...i think it'll be here soon enough:whoops:

now for discussing the "love triangle":
all i have to say is that it's complicated and there's always a lot of suffering...that's all...

-lady

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i]
[B][color=green]I concur, Dagger... I enjoy Inuyasha, but it by no means ranks as a fave for me except in it's romantic writing. Kikyo Is a regal woman of stature and wisdom, and there are qualities that she possesses that Inuyasha is in love with her for. Kagome, while being the reincarnation of Kikyo, has the potential for these qualities, but she is immature and lacks the wisdom and even education of Kikyo. The buds of these are why Inuyasha is drawn to her, but if there is love between them, it will never be fully realized or admitted, because of Kikyo and the fact that Inuyasha's heart and sould belong to her, in her entirety. Only the actual Kikyo will hold his ever lasting love.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Molleta,

I dont agree with you when you say Inuyasha's heart and soul belong to Kikyo. Inuyasha says he will leap into hell with Kikyo if that is what she disierse (I'm sorry if that is spelled wrong) but he knows that Kagome doesn't want him to die and he doesn't want her to be sad and miserable if he does. He does love Kikyo (even though i wish he didn't) but he cares deeply for Kagome or he would have gone with Kikyo to hell the first time she tried to take him down there. (remember the episode Kagome's voice and Kikyo's kiss). If he had wanted to die with Kikyo and left Kagome he would have done so. I know that it is romantic but Kikyo is dead and like Kaeda said " You want someone of this living world".

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]I've got a couple points to make.

1. First of all, I'll assume that you meant to say, "Why [i]doesn't[/i] he just stay with her [Kagome]?"

Well. Keep in mind that Kikyo was (and is) Inuyasha's first and greatest love. Sure, fifty years passed, but his feelings for her have had no time to fade. It would be cruel of him to stay with Kagome just because she loves him, particularly if he were unable to return her affections in full.

2. Secondly, Kikyo was deeply in love with Inuyasha. That's why she's so bitter about his apparent betrayal, and why she simply can't let go of her rage and resentment. The more powerful the love, the more powerful the resulting hatred.

3. Finally, Inuyasha was not meant to be a happy show. Its romantic elements are very much bittersweet, which is part of what makes it so enjoyable to watch. Kikyo and Inuyasha were meant for each other, but chance--or fate--intervened. In another world, they might have found happiness together.

The same thing goes for Kagome and Inuyasha. They complement each other perfectly, yet he is unable to truly love her.

This series is rife with tragedy. Maybe I'm the only one, but I really appreciate that. It gives Inuyasha a sense of realism that many better-animated and better-plotted shows unfortunately lack.

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

Dagger,

I do agree with you but I still think that Kagome and Inuyasha were meant to be together. It wasn't a couinsidence that they met. Inuyasha is in love with Kikyo but he cares deeply for Kagome or he would have gone to hell with Kikyo a long time ago. she was going to drag him down to hell with her when she had kissed him that episode "Kagome's voice and Kikyo's kiss" remember?:smirk: .

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post. It is against the rules. *QA*[/color][/size]