OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

[quote name='kaisha']I saw previews for the next new Inuyasha episode, they gave Jakutso a girl's voice. That kinda sux, I mean you can really tell that he is NOT a girl.[/quote]Just how "girly" is the character's English voice, and how... er, effeminate is he really supposed to be? Jakotsu's Japanese seiyuu is female, so the presence of a female VA doesn't necessarily mean that the dub is going to turn him into a woman (I don't think that's even possible, logistically speaking).

And if Adult Swim were to shy away from this kind of content, I'd be [i]very[/i] concerned about the future of Paranoia Agent. No matter how femme they make Jakotsu sound, I have to say that I'd be pretty shocked if they seriously tried to have him pass as female.

~Dagger~

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kaisha']If you look on Adult Swim's site, in the episode descriptions Jakotsu is refered to as a female.[/quote]
Seriously? Well, isn't that wonderful. If they're going to pull crap like this, they have absolutely no business showing series like Paranoia Agent and Samurai Champloo. What the hell are they going to do about the [spoiler]gay Dutchman[/spoiler] in Champloo episode 6? Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated. :animesigh

EDIT: Um, which episode descriptions were you thinking of? I've glanced through a couple and so far they've only referred to him by his name. As a matter of fact, the description for episode 115 distinctly calls Jakotsu "he."

~Dagger~

[quote name='kaisha']I saw previews for the next new Inuyasha episode, they gave Jakutso a girl's voice. That kinda sux, I mean you can really tell that he is NOT a girl.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]If it makes you feel any better, FishEye, the SailorStarlights and Peruru all had female Seiyuus. The Starlights weren't even translated to english. I think it just happens with gay and lesbian (even though Haruka has the same Seiyuu as Petz and Haruka was a lesbian and Petz wasn't and the seiyuu was femal (Megumi Ogata))

Actually I think if Jakkotsu got breast implants or wore a more concealing top he'd pass as a girl. Come to think of if Sesshy looks quite fem as well. I'm crossing my fingers for Saturday's episode, please please please don't Zoi Jakkotsu.

[b]Edit[/b] I just stared mindlessly at the Adult Swim IY character guide-Jakkotsu is indeed being called a he... Unless the geniuses at Cn haven't decided yet. They still have the summary of InuYasha wrong.[/color]

[quote name='kaisha']In episode 120 he is called a female if you look.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Yes, but if you watched last night's episode InuYasha, the soldiers who were killed, Miroku and Kagome all called Jakkotsu a guy. And since InuYasha isn't being dubbed by CWi (shudder) I think everything will remain consistant.

Yes, the happy dance is in order, too bad there is no banana smiley because it would be appropriate. Jakkotsu wasn't Zoied! I'm so happy! *happy dances* (Think that episode of Fushigi Yugi with Tasuki and his bandit friend)

That episode last night was so funny. I loved the look on [i]his[/i] face when he saw InuYasha then when he looked at Miroku. The whole episode was probably one of my favorites. He's so flamboyant! I'm glad that he wasn't given a sex change because of the whole 'evil gay guy' stigma. Oh man. He's just so.... and then there's Bankotsu :luv: Okay I'll stop now.[/color]

What is the name of that werid chain around Inuyasha's neck that Kagome said to sit when he can behave?

Oh, okay, BUT WHAT WITH CALLING Jakkotsu A GUY??? He talks and looks exact like a woman and even says girly things and somehow, they called a guy. This show just get better and better.

And may the light of Aether serves you well!

[QUOTE=KKKEEENNN3]What is the name of that werid chain around Inuyasha's neck that Kagome said to sit when he can behave?

Oh, okay, BUT WHAT WITH CALLING Jakkotsu A GUY??? He talks and looks exact like a woman and even says girly things and somehow, they called a guy. This show just get better and better.

And may the light of Aether be with you![/QUOTE]

Jakutso is a guy...believe it or not. He is just very,very...and I do mean very...weird.

[QUOTE=KKKEEENNN3] Oh, okay, BUT WHAT WITH CALLING Jakkotsu A GUY??? He talks and looks exact like a woman and even says girly things and somehow, they called a guy. This show just get better and better.
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Because he [i]is[/i] a guy dur. It's like when Minako and Usagi thought Haruka was a guy because of how she looked and people thought FishEye was a girl along with Zoisite (and Fishy and Zoi were easy to sex change?)

Jakkotsu is a guy. He's just an extremely effeminate guy. You know in other words-he's GAY! He doesn't like girls. He's a bit light in the loafers ect ect ect. Jak's not weird, he's flamboyantly gay.

He doesn't even look much like a woman once you get past the face. His chest armor doesn't cover his pectoral area so you can kind of tell that he's a he. Dur[/color]

hey, i dont know if any of u, like me, have been looking for some music videos, or videos of the opening and closing theme songs, but i have found some. thier really cool, though in japanese. its

[url]http://groups.msn.com/fansdeinu/videos1.msnw[/url]

[QUOTE=Dale_Valley]hey, i dont know if any of u, like me, have been looking for some music videos, or videos of the opening and closing theme songs, but i have found some. thier really cool, though in japanese. its

[url]http://groups.msn.com/fansdeinu/videos1.msnw[/url][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Sorry I can't speak or read Italian or too much Spanish. It looked interesting though and I hope I get my CDs soon and burned episodes and Anime music videos as well. But for the time being I'll deal with what I have.[/color]

actually, u dont need to understand any spainish or italian, just scroll to about the middle of the page, and click on the picture looking things, the stuff should play on itslef, no forgien langauge skills required, though japanese might help.

:animesmil Who [U]hasn't[/U] heard of Inu Yasha??? It is one of the greatest anime/manga alive!!!! If you haven't read or seen it yet, You NEED to!!! :wave: The genre is comedy/romance, and frequent crossovers between normal time and feudal japan. Although the manga (I think) is better, I was pleasantly surprised with the anime. If you haven't read very far in the series I would suggest watching the anime-you can get a feel for the characters as well as get to know them. It's on at 12:30 AM (Saturday night, Sunday morning) on Cartoon Network! ;)

[QUOTE=Dale_Valley]KAISHA, man, thaks thats a sweet site u put there.

anyway, does anybody else have any other sites with any Inuyasha music videos or just inuyasha clips? please, PLEASE, give me some! MORE! AAHH![/QUOTE]
No problem, if you have WinMX its a good way to find Inuyasha music videos.

:rolleyes: [color=darkviolet] For lyrics to InuYasha songs you can try-

[URL=http://]http://www.animelyrics.com[/URL] Nice site. You can even find lyrics to J-rock and J-pop songs as well as other anime show lyrics.

[URL=http://]http://www.anipike.com[/URL] If you haven't heard of this site I don't even want to know you. You can find all sorts of information on any anime or manga. I'm quite sure they have sites with INuYasha videos.

If you want to be illegal you can go on Imesh-ok so sometimes it's [i]not[/i] illegal if you're downloading AMVs. But downloading episodes of anime is definately a no no.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I think InuYasha should go to Kikyo. He loved her first and he still likes her. Just cause she's dead dosn't mean he has to dump her. After all Kikyo loves him still and wants him to join her in death. Creepy yes but at least that shows she loves Inu to death, litteraly. And besides that Kagome dosn't even belong in that era. And she likes another boy remember. Hojo from her school and he seems way more caring than Inu. I may like Kagome but I think Kikyo should have Inu, they've known each other longer anyway.
:stupid:

Guest Prince_Princess
Inuyasha should go with Kagome. They have been thru so much in the series and Kikyo seems to have done nothing but die and rise again in the series.