OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

Looks like it's time for my bi-monthly "Better post quality in the Inuyasha thread, please" notice. ;)

More seriously, folks, please [i]do[/i] work on your post quality. While you're at it, go re-read the blue messages Solo and I have left sprinkled throughout the last few pages of this topic. Proper spelling, punctuation and grammar are important--even more so if you're just asking a one-line question or providing a similarly trenchant reponse to someone else. Ideally, clarity and coherence should reign supreme. Far too many of the posts in this thread have been borderline spam and, at best, extremely difficult to read.

If you want to know more about what exactly constitutes spam, you're quite welcome to peruse OB's rules or private message one of your friendly neighborhood moderators. Thanks in advance for taking all of this into consideration.

~Dagger~

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Miryoku']I hate kikyo [/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Why does everyone seem to hate Kikyo so much? Yeah, she wants to kill InuYasha, and she tried to kill Kagome and she gave the nearly completed Shikon no tama to Naraku, but there's more to her than that.

Many Kagome/InuYasha fans like to site the fact that Kikyo keeps trying to steal InuYasha from Kagome. But hardly any of them stop to think of the fact that if Onigumo had never appeared and then became Naraku, Kikyo would have used teh Shikon no Tama to allow InuYasha to become human and be with him. Then Kagome would never have existed in the first place....Of course then there would have been no story, or a very boring story so of course there had to be some kind of antagonist to start off the story and make it more interesting than just romance.[/color]

Am I the only one wondering this? I am a huge Inuyasha fan but it nags at my brain wondering who he likes more. Its kind of a screwd up love triangle( boy, boys x girlfreind who is now made of clay, and her reincarnation) wow gotta love Japan. I think Kagome Would be his best choice but thare is the whole 2 different eras thing. that could confuse things a bit. If they did get together would they stay in the fuedal era or go to the present? Then if he chose Kikyo how would that work wuold she even be able to love him? She's not even real any more would'nt it be a doomed relationship from the start? Now lets think about Inu-kun how awkward would it be for him either way? If he chose kikyo he's ina a relationship with a dead woman, or with Kagome he would be reminded of Kikyo-chan forever if h realy did love her.
Who do you think he will choose if any of them? If youve seen the last episode don't tell me I'm waiting for them all to come out in the U.S. first,K?

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=2]Okay, yeah, it would likely be akward either way. If he chose Kikyo, though, keep in mind that what she wants is to die with Inuyasha. Not much adwardness after you're dead . . .

But the potential akwardness is part of why I'd wonder if she wouldn't end it with Inuyasha dying without choosing either if it were that kind of a series--but no main characters die. It's much different than Ayashi no Ceres or Fushigi Yugi, where half the people die.

I personally like Kagome. She has a personality that I wouldn't; I'm not that cheerful or helpful or perky. But I like her all the same.

I think Inuyasha ISN'T redundant. I've read a lot of the manga and haven't seen all the anime, but it's still diverse. Every situation provides an opportunity for character development.

I could say a lot more, but it'll have to be later. I have to go to my *last* lit class . . . and prepare for a presentation.
(I'm new here, in case you didn't know.)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=crimson][size=1]I've heard of it! YES I HAVE! I've even read every volume that you guys have at your house. *laughs* I had heard of it a long time ago though, although I never bought the manga for myself. I don't believe they've released the TV series anywhere around here yet, so I guess we'll just have to be patient.[/color'][/size][/quote]

Oh my Bob I've seen the anime and read the manga and honestly I think it ROCKS >:O And I feel bad for those of you who haven't seen it. :D

"But hardly any of them stop to think of the fact that if Onigumo had never appeared and then became Naraku, Kikyo would have used teh Shikon no Tama to allow InuYasha to become human and be with him."
Okay see here's my problem with Kikyo... She wanted Inuyasha to use the Shikon no Tama to become human but Kagome accepts Inuyasha as a half demon. Kikyo wanted Inuyasha to change for her and Kagome didn't. That is the difference and why Kikyo is not one of my favorire characters. I mean Kikyo should just have accepted Inuyasha as he was but she didn't. By the way Inuyasha is being shown on Adult Swim so I'm a little confused as to why people are saying it isn't. I mean if this particular forum thing started about 4 years ago then I understand but Inuyasha is out right now on Adult Swim, it has 26 or so dvds, one movie and a second movie out on December 28th, 2004. By the way Inuyasha is an excellent anime it is one of my top five!!

I have NEVER seen the last ep. but I've heard about what happens...well kinda. I've heard that he picks [spoiler]Kagome and they have kids[/spoiler]...now I DON'T know wether they stay in fudle era or present. But I agree with those who just wonder about stuff like that, my opinion is that the US needs to work FASTER on getting the eps. here. I have been recording EVERY episode since it started in 2000. So I have at least 8 or 9 tapes of nothing but Inuyasha. My opinion of the characters is that I think he should chose Kagome because as stated before, she accepts him and LOVES him as he is. Kikyo loves him but at the same time she hates and resents him. So I dunno. But thats just me.

Exactly! How can Inuyasha even contemplate being with Kikyo when one: she's dead, two: she wants to kill him, and three: she kinda hates him. I mean I think Inuyasha should choose Kagome becasue she accepts him and becasue she is currently not thinking about how she should kill him. But I do agree with the people who say the other people calling Kikyo the b word is ridiculous. Okay just becasue you don't like her doesn't mean you have to express your opinions like that. If you don't like her, just say her actions are unagreeable. I'm not trying to make this post all about Kikyo but I am. ^_^ But someone who is a KikInu fan please tell me, why Inuyasha should accept her and leave Kagome in the dust. How can you like the couple where Inuyasha would have to change. I mean in the flashbacks when Inuyasha was seriously considering changing into a human just for Kikyo I thought it was stupid. I don't know about you guys but Inuyasha as a half demon is way BETTER than a full fledged demon or full fledged human!!!

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=3]I've read and seen the movie but not the last eps too! however, i kinda got bored on inu-yasha, cuz it doesn't go right to the point of finding the shikon jewel, meaning there are too much fillers in inu-yasha. it took me forever just to watch the movie! whew! n yeah, inu-yasha is already in tv on adult swim at 9:30 p.m or 12:30 p.m wherever you peeps are.
:flaming: the #1 thing i hate about inu-yasha the movie, is because inu-yasha could never choose his mind on which woman he'll take for life! to me inu-yasha is stupid because somehow he just can't understands that kagome has feelings for him; another thing is that he's just too dumb not to see kikyo being on the bad mood. anyway, the manga and movie are pretty good, but some people like me might just find inu-yasha a non ending story. also, i just got to ask this, is it just me or is it that inu-yasha's plot seems to repeat its self once in awhile? :( u know with the enemy and stuff? :rolleyes: [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Max Inuyasha
Everyone likes or dislikes charectors. Normally, or so it seems to me, everyone is in general agreement. But, InuYasha fans are often up in arms to defend their charectors. For instance, Kikyo vs. Kagome. This is the most heated fued I've ever seen, who should InuYasha choose? His "first love" Kikyo, or the girl "he fell in love with". I'm trying to remain neutral here, which is why I have put those in qoutes. Many Kagome x InuYasha supporters belive InuYasha never loved Kiyko, and of course Kikyo x InuYasha fans don't think InuYasha fell in love with Kagome. They could both be wrong, or both be right, or one wrong, one right, etc. But, I often see fan fictions devoted to bashing Kagome or Kikyo, or both. Because some people hate Kagome AND Kikyo. I know someone who likes Kagome x InuYasha, but hates Kikyo and Kagome both with a passion. So, what do you think of this issue?

[color=#503f86][size=1][b]I merged your thread with the original Inu Yasha thread- generally, we'll have only one thread per specific anime series as things get confusing and cluttered otherwise. Be sure to check your new topic doesn't fall into an existing one in future. -Solo[/size][/color][/b]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]InuYasha can't be with Kikyo. Keep in mind that Kikyo is a clay statue, with only a little fragment of a soul. I think she has just enough to keep her mobile, and needs to suck the souls out of others.

The thing is, Kagome has Kikyo's soul. And I think the whole theme of InuYasha is this issue.

The moral of the show is that while Kikyo is dead, her soul came back in Kagome -- and that InuYasha will need to go with her, because what's important is the soul and not the body.

After all, it's a "love that transcends time".[/FONT]

Guest Max Inuyasha
READ THE FOLLOWING ONLY IF YOU DO NOT MIND A SPOILER OF THE LAST ANIME EPISODE, EPISODE 167 The last episode is [spoiler]a bit of a rip off. Naraku survived, the jewel remains broken, and not even Kohaku is reclaimed... its like they just cut it off!!! But, he does choose Kagome. Not like they get married, but from what I know. I haven't seen it.. but I hvae read a summery from[URL=http://www.inuyashaworld.com/episodes_show.cfm?ep_id=167]here. [/URL] So, the question is resloved. Kikyo is sent to her eternal rest, and Kagome gets Inuyasha-kun :love: ^_^[/spoiler]

Guest Max Inuyasha
[QUOTE=Helios]No, not quite.

You're wrong on the last bit. She doesn't "get" him. The ending was very neutral.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, um... no. I'm sorry to downplay you, but they admit thier feelings. m'kay?

And also, most admins are not very nice in my experence, but I have to say, there are some very kind admins here. Thank you! ^_^

Guest backlash_wave
[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Arial Black]I think he should most definately pick kagome! i mean, kikyo's dead![/FONT][/COLOR] :lecture:

[color=navy][size=1]I fixed the size tags on your post. Please keep in mind that elaboration is always appreciated; for example, your argument would be more persuasive if you gave a few more reasons that Inuyasha should choose Kagome. Very short posts are not precisely forbidden, but it helps if they say something of substance.

~Dagger~[/size][/color]

[color=darkviolet]This is just a really dumb idea I came up with last night when I was watching InuYasha and the Panther thingys. They seem to be having such a hard time fighting those guys. Well, I thought of what they can use to defeat them-[b]CATNIP![/b] I mean, they're cats right? And cats go crazy for catnip. So just have Kagome escape back to her time and get an obscene amount of catnip to subdue them with and then attack and destroy. Simple enough huh? Too bad they'd never do it[/color]

[color=navy][size=1]To create spoiler tags, simply type [spoiler*]text[/*spoiler], minus the asterisks. Also, please watch the tone of your post. There are ways to convey strong feelings without using all-caps or a bunch of angry smilies.

~Dagger~[/size][/color]

:nope: you guys are all joking, right? I mean, take it seriously! I never thought before about how Kagome accepts him as a half-demon, but that doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with turning human *IF* he wanted to--but I don't know that Takahashi-sensei's intent was to have Kikyou as less accepting. Second, you know, I haven't seen too much of the anime but I've read all the manga that's in English and online translations of all the rest up to the point that they're STILL coming out a chapter a week in Japan and the anime is W~A~A~A~Y behind. I heard that they were stopping the anime for awhile 'til the manga ended before either picking it up again or doing OVAs. Either way [COLOR=Red][SIZE=3]episode 167 does NOT :flaming: end the story. It wasn't [SIZE=4][B][I]meant[/I][/B][/SIZE] to.[/SIZE][/COLOR] They maybe tried to make it seem not completely loose ends but there's nothing ending the story and what's this about [reference to earlier spoiler and manga spoiler, highlight to see:] [spoiler]"Kikyou finding her eternal rest"?! Didn't see the episode but in the manga there's a point in time that she [I]seems[/I] to have died but she comes *back* because Kagome is the only one who can save her and she does because she's not so rotten to let her die just because of Inuyasha though it hurts her. But in the manga she thinks that she puts up with it " because I love you . . . " and she knows that Inuyasha isn't [I]trying [/I] to hurt either of them. I think that they didn't get to the part where they find out Kikyou's still around in the anime. But she's not done in cuz the story's not over![/spoiler]
(sorry I didn't just black it out like the others, but I don't know how.)

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: [COLOR=Red][SIZE=2]ANYWAY THE [B]POINT[/B] IS :flaming: [SIZE=4]THE STORY ISN'T OVER YET!!![/SIZE] :flaming: [SIZE=3]GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEADS!!! [/SIZE] ANY "ENDINGS" YOU MAY HAVE HEARD ARE [/SIZE] [SIZE=4]RUMORS!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/COLOR] :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

as you can tell I feel rather *strongly* about this . . . I'm gonna have to come back though to write all the rest because it's after 4 a.m. here :sleep:

[SIZE=1]Uh . . . sorry I went so over the top. I get so hyper . . . um I'll do my best to reign myself in from now on :worried: I'm so sorry!!![/SIZE]

Hmmmmm . . . you know I'm so very interested in how it WILL turn out, but I get awfully depressed :( whenever a story ends, whether in a book or whatever else. Anyone else have that problem?

Okay . . . let's see. Oh, yeah. I can't remember which episode it is but in the manga 18 where Kikyou is being chased by Naraku's monster that's eating her dead souls and Inuyasha saves her (which was totally differently done in the manga btw--Kikyou wasn't so cold to Inuyasha, for *one* thing) and Kagome sees them and that cool scene where she asks him if she can stay . . . oh :babble: we all know the story. Anyway . . . I just read that last part again today and it's rather thought-provoking. Kagome thinks that while she can't break Inuyasha and Kikyou's bond, it wasn't an accident that she herself met Inuyasha either :lecture: I think that's an important point. I also figure that Takahashi-sensei is attempting to make a good story while leaving us in suspense at the same time, which is hard. Trust me. I've been there :twitch: and it makes you crazy. Anyway, as the manga goes on, [spoiler] far past episode 167 btw, it's not like Inuyasha gets any closer to choosing either of them, although he and Kagome keep getting closer like they have throughout the series . . . but Inuyasha still goes off to talk to Kikyou at times and it gets to the point that Miroku and Sango and Shippou start to feel really sorry for Kagome. [/spoiler] But from my opinion Inuyasha's more confused than anything, and very unsure . . . which doesn't make him stupid but it makes me feel sorry for him. I mean, think about it . . . okay, here's some food for thought. Kagome fans: Ever heard the Japanese version? Listen to the sadness in Inuyasha and Kikyou's voices in the expanded episode detailing what happened to the two. My clone ElvesAteMyRamen at myOtaku has a clip of it. Between that and the part in the manga where Kikyou is so sad because she realizes that Kagome is melting Inuyasha's heart--which [I]she[/I] wanted to do--I got a good jolt because I realized that Inuyasha and Kikyou did really love each other very much. I used to think "ah, Inuyasha will realize he loves Kagome more than he ever loved Kikyou" but it's not that cut-and-dried. Kikyou has suffered very, very much. Kikyou fans: At one point , at least, Inuyasha was willing to follow Kikyou to hell, but that's not the whole story. Inuyasha doesn't always go off saving Kagome and get so furious at Kouga etc just for the heck of it. Also, he does say in the part of manga 18 I mentioned that Kagome makes him feel light, but he doesn't think he ought to because of what Kikyou went through. It sounds like he has very strong feelings for Kagome but wants to protect Kikyou at the same time and feels guilty for being alive and being happy (at least to some degree) when Kikyou died following him, as well as still having strong feelings for her. And I don't know about anyone else, but all that plus the stuff I didn't bother to write sounds like plenty to confuse anyone.

Some people think that Inuyasha is a bit repetitive but I don't. Yes, Naraku keeps sending demons after the Inuyasha group, but . . . each one is different :D and each one leads to different plot leads and character development. I love :D the fact that each story arc (sub-plot) is quite long. Anime is unique in that way. With most other tv shows you can watch pretty much any episode and understand everything and not be left hanging and if you are it's "to be continued . . . " :sleepy: but with anime they don't even bother to try to make episodes individually understandable . . . and that allows for much more complicated plots with deeper problems, which you can definitely see in Inuyasha :D (eat that, mainstream pop-culture lemmings :p !!!)

:smirk: Did you hear about the episodes where Kagome's in the cultural festival and there's that stuff that turns into a demon if you heat it? That's not in the manga and I only read a summary of it but all the same I was like :rotflmao: and :wow: !!! I couldn't believe it!!!

[quote name='aliryn][SIZE=1']Uh . . . sorry I went so over the top. I get so hyper . . . um I'll do my best to reign myself in from now on :worried: I'm so sorry!!![/SIZE][/quote]

No problem. On a side note, I removed what you said about the manga; scanslations are illegal, and telling people how to get them is against the forum rules. Also, please bear in mind that double-posting is strictly forbidden. In the future, you should wait for someone else to reply or simply edit your original post. Thank you very much. ^_^

~Dagger~

Guest darkspirit
Here I am going to list assorted reasons why a character from InuYasha may be your favorites, and why they are not mine.

InuYasha: He is strong, talented, funny, a little stupid, and weird. That might be why you like him. I DON'T like him because he's loudmouthed, childish, and can't make decisions

Kagome: She is sweet, nice, caring. I DON'T like her because she is a crybaby, sucks at archery, and is flirty

Shippo: He is cute, silly, and funny. I DON'T like him because he has way to high of a voice and stinks at fighting

Sango: She is nice, a good fighter, and strong.I Don'T like her because she is a flirt. But she is kind of cool

Sesshomaru: He is strong. I DON'T like him 'cause he's a big meanie! :devil:

Miroku: I do like him. :love: cause he's hot, but he is kind of a pervert...

SO THERE! :D

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2]living in england is boring i cant watch inu yasha. they dont have it on my cartoon network they got little kid things, they dont play any anme at all. toonami is worse they used to play alot now they've gone all chlidish and worry about x-men or mucha-lucha the only way i can watch inu yasha is by downloading it and that takes long and i get it in japanese but its worth it however i would prefer to watch it in english. sofar i have only watch the 1st episode. that got me addicted straight away.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Inuyasha is a really cool anime. I watch it alot...although I can only understand 1/2 of what they're saying....TT.TT I do think that Inuyasha should go with Kagome, cause, Kikyo's a clay statue now, and she wants to kill him, and...more...But I'm not really a Kagome fan. I like Kikyo cause I think she's a little cool you know what I mean? I think she's pretty and her archery skills are cool. But I can't really find anything to like about Kagome, but I think that she and Inu should be together. I know that people are different, and I just don't really like Kagome...but you get the point.

[color=darkviolet]I bought the second InuYasha movie on Saturday and I finally got to watch it this afternoon.

The movie was ok. The animation looked like fan art. But [spoiler]I did like when Shippo turned himself into a weird duck goose thingy and was carrying Kagome around when they fought Naraku in the begininig of the movie[/spoiler]

My favorite part though was the extras. The Special top 30 countdown strip (or whatever) in the extras was the best. I loved how they had the little plushies of [spoiler]Kikyo and InuYasha looking all cute together the naraku talking about how he tricked them. Then the cute Shippo Plushi going through the park.[/spoiler]

I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing that one of the extras was better than the movie. Oh well, I do highly recomend going through the credits to the end, because the very very end is very funny.[/color]

I'm addicted to Inuyasha...I'll admit...
It would have been great fun to have been a part of the creation of the show.
I am not, however, one of those obsessive fanatics who will be ruined for months if Inuyasha ends up with a girl other than the one they wanted him to.

Personally, the only female I really like on the show is Sango...so I don't really care who Inuyasha ends up with. It would be fine with me if he remained a bachelor and continued to smite demons...