Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#503F86]Funimation aren't associated with FOX as far as I'm aware. They deal with English dubs for a fair few anime series, including Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha.

I've merged this thread with the original Inuyasha thread. In future please make sure that your new thread topic won't fall into the discussion(s) already being had in others, else the forum becomes incredibly cluttered.[/COLOR]

I own this movie and have watched 6 times and during those 6 times I watched it I found out some pretty weird stuff.

1. Inuyasha is really good at tying knots.
2. Kirara has a hard head (I'm not being mean she really does).
3. Hachi is Miroku's *****.
4. Kagome is a strong fighter when she needs to be.
5. Kagome's skirt is magical (It never flys up, no matter what).

And thats all I can think of for now.

We already knew about Kagome's skirt. Its one of the anime laws of physics. Gravity has no effect on skirts, unless the anime is a fanservice title, in which case the skirt is magnetically drawn towards the girl's stomach.

The animation in this movie sucks. What a downgrade from the norm.

Something weird I noticed (I own the movie, as well) is that the scenes where Kagome recollects things that appeared on the series was made independently. Example: the scene where the shikon jewel shatters had the clouds circling the lace where it shattered. That isn't plausible, as the shattering of the Jewel was very sudden, whereas, in my experience, clouds don't act like that in an anime unless a) its AFTER a huge burst of energy (aka Trigun"s angel arms or b) when a gathering of power is a gradual thing. Lastly, when talking about hte animation they used, it was meant to UP-grade the show, and seeing how its only used in the movie, it must be expensive and/or impracticle. Although I was uncomfertable with it at first, it doesn't take to much geting used to. If it really anonys you, just try not to think about it. Thats my advice, anyway, and, if you choose, you don't have to follow it. HTats all I can think of at any rate, except Sesshomaru looked slightly different.

Does anybody know what direction the manga might be heading?

I heard that they will continue the series thru movies that they will release, but it seems the movies don't corolate with the plot of the mangas coming out in japan. What a disappointment.

The reason why I ask what is everyone's opinion on the direction of the manga is that takahashi is a wonderful writer, but she sometimes has a flaw of rushing the end...to the point where the ending doesn't get resolved...and fans are left flushered and frustrated. (ie ramna 1/2)

Do you think takahashi will end this completely? or leave an open ending?

[quote name='kaisha']I don't know about the manga, but I for one hope she won't rush to the end of Inuyasha in the manga or the anime.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Never mind the fact that both the anime and the manga are both over in Japan.

I'm kind of glad that it's over. Once an anime hits 100 episodes everything starts to go to hell. Sometimes even before 100. Tehy start to get really repetetive. Go out, fight monster get jewel shard. Take a break, fight.

InuYasha was a lot like SailorMoon, except that SailorMoon had guys changing into girls thanks to Toei animation and more monsters of the day. InuYasha doesn't always have a monster of the day. But there were four joint episodes that were nearly identicle. I believe it was night in I can't remember the name and the one with the Peach Man. :rolleyes:

After a while it's all redundant.[/color]

I'm sorry....I was under the impression that the anime has already ended... and that they don't plan to create another season. Instead, they plan to continue them thru the movies. The mangas are still taking place in japan, though. I am reading them because someone was nice enough to translate them.

If I'm wrong, please tell me.

[quote name='kaisha']I watch the english version of Inuyasha, so in America....no, its not over.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Yes, but as you should [i] already[/i] know anime is not made in America but translated and brought over from Japan (not in that particular order of course) which means that we're seeing episodes that were already aired in Japan and edited for American censor approval here.

I don't think that InuYasha will be 'canceled' over here I just think there's a better chance of my cat wiining the lotto than us getting any 'for our eyes only' anime episodes.[/color]

chibihorsewoman is right. Japanese shows are aired in Japan and then, translated, licensed, and release here in America. Before it was even an anime, inuyasha is being released (as we speak) in manga form under a type of magazine that I can only compair to as a "comic strip" (not really, but it is the closest to a comparison I can make...because it is given sections at a time in a book with other different manga series)

So whatever happened in Japan will happen here in the states. Inuyasha ended in japan at I think episode 174 (don't quote me on that)...and it was sadly just a regular episode. The manga is still ongoing. They plan to "continue the story" thru movies (though this hasn't been done very well....as I mentioned before).

Right now they are thinking of a 4th movie (the third one was already released and is probably going to be released in the states pretty soon).

:animesmil I'm lucky enough to have friends in Japan that send me some of the stuff (including their version of a translation) especially with series that are still in japan (ie tsubasa, inuyasha, and fullmetal alchemist movie)

I'm sorry :animeswea to have caused you some trouble. I didn't know you were only watching it from cartoon network.

[color=darkviolet]Okay well I finally watched one of the 'new' InuYasha episodes last night (I'll be able to put up the new line up in that other thread too) I'm really glad that the Shinchin Tai (being translated to the Group of Seven) is finally here. I get to drool over Bankotsu like a good little fan girl (even if I am 23)

The only thing I'm worried about is what are they going to do with Jakkotsu since he's a gay character and NA dubbing usually does some wierd things to gay characters. I'm really afraid that they're going to Zoi Jak because he already has the girly voice and the feminine look. Only problem is he's so obviously a guy past his face (ie his chest) I just really hope that since the anime is on so late at night Jakkotsu doesn't get a sex change. Because for all of you who don't know about SailorMoon Zoisite (Zoi boy ect ect) was a gay male character that DiC turned female and then CWi did the same to Fish Eye of the Amazon Trio) That's why I say Zoing someone.

Well, there I got here before anyone else and voiced my fears about the sex change. Now I'll just go on my merry way.[/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Olive]Personally I love the new Inuyasha. It offers some new twists and turns but retains all the good things we're use to seeing from the show. The Group of Seven will offer more villains we love to hate, as chibi mentioned, Bankotsu = awesome lol. As much as people love Sesshoumaru, I think their might be some change of hearts after seeing the show ;) . The fights are just as good, if not better then before and the action is to die for.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I like Inu-Yasha as much as anybody, but, in a way, it caused me to lose nearly $100. When Inu-Yasha first came on Dvd at Best Buy, I was so glad. (For I had bought the special Eddition Box containing the first three Dvd's ie: first 9 episodes) So, I bought all the first seasons (besides the first three) blindly, so I could watch them. Now, two years later, they come up with the box set for the first season, and I'm already on the third. Although I wouldn't sell the first season because of the special eddition box, this made me think: they're going to have box sets for the other season. trying to keep my cool, I looked at the price for the box set. $100. Then I calculated how much I spent on each individual. 9 dvd's at $22. $198. 198-100=$98!!!. I wasted $98!I know its partially my fault for not seeing this, but still.
As for the anime itself, I bought 1-3 seasons, so that should tell you something. The storyline is good, but what I really like is the charactor developement, especially with Inuyasha himself. Its a very drastic change with him, but its believable, an dyou really get to know what he's thinking. The other charactors are good to, but I say they could use a little more development.

Its nice to know that theres more people out there that watch the English version. Alot of people say that it sux compared to the Japanese version, but I like the English version sssooooo much better!!!

[quote name='kaisha']Its nice to know that theres more people out there that watch the English version. Alot of people say that it sux compared to the Japanese version, but I like the English version sssooooo much better!!![/quote]

[color=darkviolet]It's incorrectly translated. Kagome's voice gets on my nerves. And some things are just so cliche. But it's better than SailorMOon.

The dub is good because you can watch it and do something else at the same time. The sub is good because that's how it's supposed to be.

But anything's better than SailorMoon.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]It's incorrectly translated. Kagome's voice gets on my nerves. And some things are just so cliche. But it's better than SailorMOon.

The dub is good because you can watch it and do something else at the same time. The sub is good because that's how it's supposed to be.

But anything's better than SailorMoon.[/color][/QUOTE]

LOL....you are just like me.....LOL ...maybe because we are both 23 year old females or something...LOL

I personally like to watch both. Watching in english when I'm doing something else...and watching it in japanese to get some different ideas from the translations (sometimes a translation can be so different from the japanese subbed to dubbed that it gives you a different insite as to what is going on)

As for changing jak's sex....I don't think so. CN has been really good a being faithful to the characters....at least I can think of one instance

In cowboy bebop...there is an episode (jupiter jazz?...i think) that this guy is a cross dresser that has...umm...femal assests even if the character IS male. They didn't seem to edit that out like they would have done had it been sailor moon or cardcaptor sakura (shivers at the very thought of the edited version).