OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

The end of IY has been brought up already a few pages back in this topic.
Something interesting I recently found out from TV Tome tho was:

[quote]Producer, Michihiko Suwa, announced on a radio show that September 13th will see the end of the first series of Inuyasha. Thus implying that a second series is on the way. So Inuyasha [b]may[/b] not be over yet.[/quote]

Key word there is the may. I don't know how valid this statement is but seeing as the manga is well ahead of the anime, there may be enough content to hit off a new series and excite plenty of IY fans.

That being said, Inuyasha 165 (the latest ep) seems to have compressed 7 manga chaps into 1 ep (something I've heard from a few ppl who follow both the anime and manga). The fact that they're compressing so much manga makes me think they wouldn't mind doing a movie/OVA that'll sum up the manga ending irregardless of how much of the content has to be cut due to time restraints. It's too bad they can't just wait for the manga to finish before they complete the TV show but... well we'll see what happens.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='youmademebleed][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=Red]OHMG I LOVE INUYASHA HE IS THE BEST[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT'] :love:[/quote]
Welcome to OtakuBoards, youmademebleed.

Because your post (quoted above) meets our definition of spam, I deleted it immediately after writing this reply. Please take a good look at OB's Rules and, before you do anything else, stop typing in all-caps. That alone is enough to render a post unacceptable; however, you could also afford to put more time, thought and effort into what you're saying. In the future, rather than just declaring your love for Inuyasha, add a sentence or two explaining why.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators. Thanks!

~Dagger~

[color=darkviolet]I just finished watching the InuYasha movie (well, okay 1/2 an hour ago I finished watching the first InuYasha movie)

It was actually pretty decent. [spoiler]One of the funniest parts was when Shippo turned into a pony and carried Kaede through the woods. He was some seriously messed up looking pony, I swear it looked more pinata than pony.[/spoiler]

But did anyone else who watched notice that the eyes and faces of InuYasha and Kagome were changing styles constantly? And Miroku and Sango on a lesser extent? That drove me crazy. Not a very far trip, but still...it drove me there.

So if anyone else saw teh movie, share your stories and stuff, but remember that spoiler tags aren't only your friends, but everyone elses.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkslateblue]Oh yes, I just bought the movie, the day after it came out. My mom refused to buy it that day, because she said she didn't have any money, and the fact she didn't want to go out.

You made a point Chibi; I swear, their eyes and faces would change. That was a little nuisance, so I just focused on the main concept of the movie, rather then the 'weirdness' of the face changing crap...

But, I thought the funniest part was [spoiler]Kagome jumped off of Kirara and into InuYasha's arms, where he spun her around, and Miroku was watching the whole thing.

He then looked up to Sango and said 'Come dear Sango, jump into my arms!' She just threw something at him, and Shippo muttered 'idiot.'[/spoiler] That was funny, but I got a laugh out of [spoiler]Kaede yelled 'run cow!' and Shippo said 'I'm a horse!' It was such a demented looking pony/horse thing...[/spoiler]

My dad saw it, and he loves Miroku. He said the guy tries too hard, but he tries. XD[/color][/size]

Guest miko of light
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]i love inuyasha. especially the fact about inuyasha and kagome's secret love and the challenges they have to face to get the shikon no tama back together agin. it's my favorite anime along with fushigi yuugi. i just luv the anime!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Hey Miko, welcome to the OtakuBoards. From now on, please watch your post quality. Try to utilize correct punctuation, capitalization, and grammar and you'll be fine. Thank you! *QA*[/color][/size]

Guest Evilduck00
[quote name='amiboshi']I love Inu-Yasha, but the dub....bleh. The voices get on my nerves. I like a few of the Inu-Yasha songs. I'm not too fond of Change the World, but I like Fukai Mori, My will, and dearest. Fukai Mori is propbably my favorite, though. ^^ IY is just so cute....especially when the plots starts to thicken and more characters are added. ^-^[/quote]

Yes! The dubbed version bites! I heard the song "Change the world" and it's not the best, yet not the worst song. I think "Dearest" is a very good song! It rox! Boa is soooo cool! :babble:

Inuyasha ROCKS OUT LOUD!!!! It's One of the greatest anime I've ever seen!!! I love the romance, action, comedy, and music, I love everything! I expesally like the guys on it, except miroku, even if he is cute, and Naraku, Duh Too evil! My fav. of course is Sesshomaru!!!!!!!!!!!! He is my future husband any way, lol :laugh: :D I can't really think of anything bad about the show over all....nope nothin, well seeya!! :D :wave:

Guest puppet/kaijimbo
Inu Yasha is a half demon brat who has anger issues and can never take a break :p , Sesshomaru rocks, no Inu Yasha fan hates him, and most like him the most, he is a genius who has skill surpassing almost anyone :devil: .
DOWN WITH INUYASHA! :flaming:

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Welcome to OtakuBoards, puppet/kaijimbo. Please be aware that posts of this quality are usually deleted as spam on OB. Please try and add more constructive detail to your posts in future. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

[QUOTE=Wasabi][size=1][color=darkslateblue]That was funny, but I got a laugh out of [spoiler]Kaede yelled 'run cow!' and Shippo said 'I'm a horse!' It was such a demented looking pony/horse thing...[/spoiler]

My dad saw it, and he loves Miroku. He said the guy tries too hard, but he tries. XD[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I saw that part too (coincidentally my favorite funny part ) He reminded me of a demented Pinata pony/horse thing.

And I do agre Miroku tries too hard. Maybe after they get all the jewel shards Miroku can attempt to take Sango on a nice picnic or something...provided Naraku is defeated. Yeah and that will happen when...some demeneted fangirl who enjoyed the demented pony/horse thing writes a fanfic about it. :D

I got to watch InuYasha while I was in the hospital over the weekend (not thursday tho- because they gave me a shot of morphine so I could sleep through my labor pains) Now I'm starting to wonder how long it'll take Fluffy chan to ask for InuYasha's help...keh, liek that'll happen.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkslateblue]Haha, got that right. The last episode on Saturday was a ripoff although; I mean (maybe some people didn't see the episode, so I'll put up spoiler tags) [spoiler]they look for her, echo, and then ends. I still don't know much about that darn panther tribe anyway.[/spoiler]

Haha, and when Chibi said how long Sesshoumaru would take to ask for InuYasha's help, I imagine that scene where they are eating dinner, just sitting there glaring at each other.

Eh hee hee, I was so pissed off of the cliffhanger ending (which I should be used to by now >.>), I gave my TV the middle finger. XD In the end, I bruised my knee from hitting it on the side of my bed. Now THAT'S pathetic.

Ah well, must wait for the next episode. And then its probably going to start from some new episode back when, I don't know.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Flipmodesquad']THE SERIES ARE GREAT lol anyone here watch it????? OH and by the way anyone love the music???? I love the music lol the begininng song is change the world by V6. V6 is a japanese pop group lol and other songs are sung by Do as infinity and BoA and OTHER JPOP stars lol.[/quote]yes it was the first anime introducing me to the world of anime, lovely simply to die over!!! one of my favoits, very cute...

[COLOR=#503F86][b]Welcome to OB, nya. Please be aware that in future, posts this short will be deleted as spam. I'd suggest you take a look at the Rules before posting again so that you understand our guidelines for posting. Thank you. -Solo[/COLOR][/b]

Guest kagome_111
[COLOR=DarkRed]inu yasha was my second anime i haev ever watched. i love it sooo.... much (^^) even though i'm only on episode like 57 :P but i have missed some thats okay. and the music is awsome (^^)[/COLOR]

For whatever reason, this thread seems to attract an unusual number of sub-par replies. I'd like to remind those posting here that they should pay careful attention to OtakuBoards' rules; using proper spelling, grammar and so forth will earn you respect and help make the forum a more pleasant place for everyone involved. Content is also very important--try to say something of substance, please.

If anyone reading this would like to make a comment or ask a question, feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators. Thank you very much.

~Dagger~

Guest Eric_Draven
I sadly cannot find any InuYasha episodes on teh TV. *so~sad* Can anyone tell me if Inu is being played on any channel in Britain?

Is anyone going to try teh InuYasha TCG? It's coming out in November, I believe. I may try it.

[QUOTE=Eric_Draven]I sadly cannot find any InuYasha episodes on teh TV. *so~sad* Can anyone tell me if Inu is being played on any channel in Britain?

Is anyone going to try teh InuYasha TCG? It's coming out in November, I believe. I may try it.[/QUOTE]

I was sick and tired of re-runs and horrible dubs on Cartoon Network, so I bought the DVDs. If you're a die-hard fan of InuYasha (which I totally am) it would be well worth your while. You understand the story a little better since CN only shows up to episode 64 (or so, I disregarded the channel since I was so enraged). Anyways, you can get all 12 parts at [COLOR=DarkRed][I]link removed[/I][/COLOR] or [COLOR=DarkRed][I]link removed[/I][/COLOR]. The subtitles were done by those who are not so fluent in the English language, so you'll have to be lenient with the grammar and spelling, however, you'll get the gist of the episodes. Now, they did cost a pretty penny (in your case, a heavy pound/euro), but it was well worth my penny since I love the series.
Another way of getting episodes is free fansubs which are done [I]beautifully[/I] yet are hard to obtain since you have to download them from a file-sharing program. That's where broadband internet comes in. I'm not sure where to get them, but I know there are programs like BitTorrent and others who have users that will send them to you (that is if you subscribe to the program for a fee).
Another way is eBay. I am an eBay freak because they have the GREATEST stuff on there from international sellers, so you can get imported stuff for fairly cheap.
These three ways are great because they take PayPal as payment for the services so you feel somewhat protected from getting your info stolen.
I hope this reply helped because I consider myself a newbie animefreak and I wish that things like these helped me get imported merchandise and series. Gambate!!

[COLOR=Navy]Please don't post links to sites that carry bootlegs. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators. ^_^

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[color=darkviolet]I downloaded some fansubs last year, before the man decided it was illegal (yes you can laugh because I used the phrase, 'the man). Were those ever 1.)funny or 2.) bad

I had the fansub of the first movie. The subtitles showed up a few minutes after the character was done talking and the first part was cut out [spoiler]Sesshomaru's little altrication with one of the minions of Menomaru[/spoiler]

I do like how the bootlegs all come up with the same warning (the Iraqi bootlegs have the same warnings :D ) They go:

For your safety please watch anime in a well lit room and do not sit too close to the screen.

After a while though I've noticed that InuYasha is turning into SailorMoon type episodes. I mean was it just me, or was ther a two part episode that aired a few months ago that looked eerily like the two part episode with Peachman? The villain even looked like Peachman. Sad. I guess it doesn't matter too much though, I'll still watch InuYasha. Just no more crappy fansubs for me![/color]

In defense of fansubs, the majority of them--those put together by ethical groups, at any rate--are quite professional and well-done. Since Inuyasha is licensed and has been for some time, it's hardly surprising that the fansubs you downloaded weren't exactly top-notch.

Anything taken directly from TV, whether a fansub or a bootleg, will carry the little warning you quoted. I have no idea if this also applies to Japanese anime DVDs, though. That warning actually has an interesting history--it became mandatory sometime in the late '90s, after an episode of Pokemon made seven hundred Japanese kids have seizures. :whoops:

~Dagger~

[color=darkviolet] I have downloaded some decent fansubs of InuYasha and SailorMoon (shh!) The SailorMoon ones don't have the warning that INuYasha has.

A few of the fansubs I have give insight into the puns and such of Japanese culture. That helps a bit.

But the thing is all my fansubs can't be watched on my DVD player, I have to have a computer to watch them. So, it kind of defeats the purpose.

I heard about that Pokemon episode back in the 90's. I just find it funny that now everything from InuYasha to KareKano bootlegs have them.

Okay that's done, now if you'll pardon me I'm going to watch How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days in Mandarin with English subtitles. I wonder how bad that will be. (Iraqi bootlegs are something else)[/color]

Guest inuyashaslover9
Inuyasha is the best anime I have seen yet, for the exception for Yu-Gi-Oh!. I give the artist and voice actors of Inuyasha many kudos! :)

Guest Misukii
inuyasha is one of my favorite anime ever I love the story plot and everything ^^
very good music ^^

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Please try and add more detail to your posts in future- this is pretty short. Mind your punctuation as well, please- be sure to use what you can whenever it's needed, otherwise it becomes sloppy and hard to read. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Inuyasha is one of my absolute favorite anime series, but the thing that totally confuses me is that they dubbed the Bakuryuu Ha, the Inuyasha's ultimate attack, into "Backlash Wave." WHERE did that come from!!! :flaming:

"Bakuryuu Ha" translates to Dragon Twister. That's one of the reasons he has a rivalry with Kagura, because they both use Wind attacks like, his Wind Scar and her Blades of Wind. BACKLASH WAVE!!! :eek:

[quote name='vash-san']does anyone know if the series is finished....??? i watched a fansub labeled final but it didn't seem like a real ending so im just wondering what number is the latest episode and is the series finished???[/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Arial]Sure is finished. Sucks huh? I'm sure we were all looking forward to a great ending, but we got what we got. The last episode is #167 (#166 and #167 are like two parts of a really long episode, similar to the fall special featuring Sesshoumaru or the other special that features the story of Inuyasha and Kikyou. Hopefully the Inuyasha team will do some OAVs to give us some closure on Inuyasha. I'm still feeling incomplete...[/FONT][/COLOR]