OtakuBoards

Black Haven 2 [Need Citizens]

Dragon Warrior

[center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19704&stc=1[/img]
[size=4][b][u]Black Haven 2[/u][/b][/size][/center]

[size=1]Welcome to the weary and adventurous! You have landed yourself into the enchanted world of Lu Dora, a kingdom far from the world we know to be Earth. It?s medieval style setting gives off a whole new feel of wonder and enchantment as you flow into a land full of monsters, mages, curses, and of course, castles containing royalty.

One particular kingdom rules over all other kingdoms in this realm. It is the Kingdom of Lu Dora where Lord Tridus stands tall above the rest. Yes, this is an important factor in our tale, but that?s just the beginning. Our story revolves around the city of Black Haven, a quiet farm town just outside the boundaries of Lu Dora Castle. Black Haven grows all the food and crops for the kingdom making it a very productive and important town in this ancient world. Now you may join in the great adventures of Black Haven and find out the mysteries and secrets it may hold while living your own life in a house, local inn, or on the streets. Welcome to Black Haven![/size]

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

As I?ve made it clear, the game is about the town of Black Haven, which supplies food for the Kingdom of Lu Dora that lies just outside. If you recall in the first Black Haven game, I was mayor of Black Haven, but since we?re so close to Lu Dora Castle, Lord Tridus rules the town instead of a mayor. I?ll play a different character instead.

A few new twists have been thrown in to improve the gameplay in this. It?ll be like last game where you must create a character and have them living a life in Black Haven. One new twist is that the town mostly is about farming and it will be no surprise that we?ll have quite a few farmers (and I hope we do or that?d be unusual). Another twist is that I?ve made three new races to replace old ones. Yays!

Like last time, I?ll control when days end and start.

I also allow magic this time. There can be mages, but not too many since it?s an art that takes a long time to master. In fact, if anyone is using magic, they must be 50 or older (the Zeke race cannot use magic) since it takes so long to master. But once you?ve mastered it, you?re a very valuable member of the town.

Feel free to signup as a married citizen. It can be to either a NPC or another player in the game. You may also wed during the game, which would be interesting to have! We?d need someone to sign up as a priest or something, though.

You may customize your character in many ways, but must follow the rules that come with races and other stats. You may also have your character stay at an inn, own a house, or even sleep on the streets. There will be events where some must leave town, but that doesn?t mean everyone does. And once again, we?ll have bandits and other such challenges to be faced in the game. Watch out for crazy weather conditions :^D

Not everyone has to master fighting. If your occupation doesn?t involve any kind of self-defense or fighting, don?t put in that they can fight. It can get redundant ;) That means farmers don?t have to fight! But this also doesn?t mean we can?t have guards for our town. Keep that in mind.

Now have a look at these races, then do the sign up:

[u][b]Humans[/u][/b]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19705&stc=1[/img]
We all know what these guys are like. They are fit for pretty much any job, but it also determines on how you make their personality and such.

[u][b]Zeke[/u][/b]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19706&stc=1[/img]
Lizard-people. These guys can be vicious if messed with, but are usually pretty calm. The ones that are kind-hearted are more generous than any human. It?s kind of a surprise. They can do most jobs, but they hate water. They avoid jobs with water.

[u][b]Yuge[/u][/b]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19707&stc=1[/img]
Entertaining folk. They resemble what we think are elves, but as you can see from the picture, their ears are a little higher up on their head than even humans. They also have strange markings. They?re peaceful, but hardworking. Their physical shape isn?t the best so they?re better suited for light work.

[u][b]Dlogger[/u][/b]
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19708&stc=1[/img]
The armored ones. It?s hard to understand how they always have armor on so let?s not get into that. They?re incredible fighters even for their size (which is usually 5 foot or less). Their physical condition greatly exceeds the one of any human or Zeke so count on them for hard labor. They?re more suited for fighting most of all.

Now select the sign up that matches your race and fill it out :^D

[u][b]Human Signup[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b] Keep it medieval.
[b]Age:[/b] Remember about magic if you?re gonna use it.
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or female?
[b]Occupation:[/b] Remember each race?s standards.
[b]Style of Living:[/b] House, inn, streets?
[b]Residency Time:[/b] How long you?ve lived in Black Haven (or did you just move here?)
[b]Personality:[/b] What your character acts like.
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Style:[/b]
[b]Skin Color:[/b]
[b]Shirt Color:[/b]
[b]Pants Color:[/b]
[b]Dress Color:[/b] Only for women who didn?t select a pants color.
[b]Boots Color:[/b] Black or brown?
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Other Belongings:[/b] Anything else your chara carries.
[b]Information:[/b] Some history!

[u][b]Zeke[/u][/b]
[b]Age:[/b] Zekes don?t use magic so you?re fine.
[b]Residency Time:[/b] How long you?ve lived in Black Haven (or did you just move here?)
[b]Spike Color:[/b] Black, gray, or white?
[b]Scale Color:[/b] Green, light green, or red?
[b]Eye Color:[/b] Yellow, green, or red?

[u][b]Yuge[/u][/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Style:[/b] All Yuges have long hair. Is your hair tied up, ponytail, or loose?
[b]Skin Color:[/b] Most Yuges are pale. It must be a light skin color.
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Robes Color:[/b] Fill this out only if you didn?t fill out shirt or pants color.
[b]Shoe Color:[/b] Brown, white, or black?

[u][b]Dlogger[/u][/b]
[b]Helmet Color:[/b] Gray, black, white, blue, or sky blue?
[b]Glove Color:[/b] Gray, black, white, blue, or sky blue?
[b]Cape Color:[/b] Black, red, blue, green, or white?
[b]Torso Armor Color:[/b] Gray, black, white, blue, or sky blue?
[b]Shoe Color:[/b] Gray or black?
[b]Arm and Leg Armor Color:[/b] Black or White?

Done? Great! Post it then! Remember to leave what race you are when you post your signup too. It?d help me. I?m gonna allow pretty much everyone into this RPG, but if your profile seems lousy or something, I?ll say no. Last time, the RPG was kind of dumped on by bad roleplaying (no offense, but can?t go against the truth). I?ll open the RPG when enough people have joined and been accepted. Even after it starts, new citizens may come. It makes the RPG more fun :^D

Let?s make this work! Have fun!

Name: Keep it medieval.

Style of Living: Big house provided by Lord Tridus

Residency Time: 5 years

Personality: Is very nice and caring. He loves to be around people and likes to meet new people. He can be very competitive and likes to help people. He like to do compititions and likes to compete against other people.

Hair Color: Blonde

Hair Style: Comes out in spikes(look at attachment)

Skin Color: Tan

Shirt Color: Wears armour and it is white with a sky blue chest plate

Pants Color: Armour legs are white

Boots Color: Black

Eye Color: Hazel

Other Belongings: Wears a white chainmail helmats and white chainmail gloves. He also has a two schimitars over his back.
Information: He was one of Lord Tridus' guards when he moved from his home town to Black Haven. He then was appointed to one of the personal guards after saving his life from assaination by himself. He then was appointed to lead guard after 1 more year of being in town and he quit his fifthe year and now lives in a big house on the west side of town and was giving to him by Lord Tridus.

Okay. You forgot to fill out your personality stat, Spydaweb ;) And it's spelt guard :)
----------
[u]Human Signup[/u]
[b]Name:[/b] Dibbon Lonus
[b]Age:[/b] 25
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Occupation:[/b] Kingdom's Messenger- delivers messages from town to the kingdom or anywhere else needed.
[b]Style of Living:[/b] Inn
[b]Residency Time:[/b] 5 Years
[b]Personality:[/b] This bold and young human has high courage, but with that, he often becomes unaware of high danger. He can crack a joke or two and have a good time, but never seems to be upset. Too cheery can never be a good sign. He's also artistic and creative.
[b]Hair Color:[/b] Blonde
[b]Hair Style:[/b] Long to his shoulders
[b]Skin Color:[/b] Peach
[b]Shirt Color:[/b] Dark Blue
[b]Pants Color:[/b] Darker Blue
[b]Boots Color:[/b] Brown
[b]Eye Color:[/b] Blue
[b]Other Belongings:[/b] The bag that carries his letters. It's slung over his shoulder. Of course, he also contains a dagger. Roads for messengers can be dangerous, indeed.
[b]Information:[/b] Dibbon lived with his father in a house outside of Black Haven. There, his father worked as the messenger of Lu Dora Kingdom. Sadly when Dibbon was 20, the house had burnt down because of embezzlers and their misdeeds. Even sadder, Dibbon's father died too. Dibbon was looked down on by the Kingdom and given money to stay at the inn until he got back on his feet. He also took up his father's occupation as messenger. He really wished to be an artist, but didn't want to disappoint his father or his kingdom. So here he has been for 5 years in Black Haven...

Name: Luthien
Occupation: Warrior for hire/town guard (Mercenary currently employed to protect the town)
Style of Living: The inn currently, (but it seems more suitable to say the tavern)
Residency Time: 6months
Personality: Luthien enjoys nothing more than his job. He can be sort of a womanizer at times, but mostly enjoys to sit back and relax with a nice frosty mug of ale and listen to the travelers tell their tales.
Hair color: Short brown hair, somewhat flows into his eyes.
Eye Color: Deap sea blue
Armor color: Wears light, black leather armor to allow for some protection but mostly to keep his amazing agility incheck.
Shoe Color: Black
Weapons: A long bow, plus twin sabres.
Information: Luthien moved from his hometown several years prior to begin what he had been trained for all of his life, to be a mercenary. A little over 6months previous Luthien recieved word from King Tridius that his services were needed In the town of Black Haven. Luthien would be provided shelter at the inn, all the ale he could drink at the tavern, and a guarantee to meet some of the most beautiful woman in all of the land. At first Luthien thought the town to be nothing but a bore. But in time the small town grew on him. Maybe it was the friendly hospitality....maybe it was the aire of mystery it produced...or it could have been the opportunity to battle with some greatly skilled foes. Whatever it was, Luthien could feel something keeping him in Black Haven, a reason he longed to discover....

If theres nething I need to change please PM me and tell me ASAP. Thanks, and I can't wait to start.

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Yuge Signup

Name: Kells Mercolubra

Age: 69 [haha] but remains youthful due to magical essences

Style of Living: Inn

Residency Time: Time out of mind. After all, she is one of the oldest residents.

Personality: Calm, generally happy, more prone to sitting quietly than being the life of the party. She almost always has something nice to say and seems to love helping people with their love issues. As you can guess, most of the troubled ones come to the bar anyway. Being old sometimes gives you that extra touch.

Hair Color: Black with strands of silver and bangs the same blue as the symbol on her shirt.

Hair Style: Loosely managed ponytail, sometimes rolled up and pinned in place with a circle and stick made out of wood.

Skin Color: Creamy almond.

Eye Color: Changeable. At the moment, I think they're blue. But they could also change to black, silver, gray, or white.

Shirt Color: Black with a blue symbol on the front

Skirt Color: Black

Shoe Color: Black, although...they're really more sock type thingys

Other Belongings: Crystal cut vial full of blue snake and spiders blood.

Information: The owner of the tavern, Kells Mercolubra is a very wise type. She uses her magical energy to generally make excellent beverages and make sure everything runs smoothly in the Inn. In the quite unlikely event that her dignity is ever affronted, she usually lashes out violently and breaks things.

Her heavy blue bangs also cover symbols on her forehead that are similar, but not exactly like the mark on her shirt. The shirt itself covers the exact same marking on her chest, which covers her heart almost perfeclty. The meaning behind them isn't quite clear at first, but when she uses her magic, the meaning suddenly becomes very obvious. They are ways to channel energy and develop it. As they are placed where the chakaras are located centrally on the body. Questions?

....good. She likes fine white wine, pleasant company, a crackling fire, and fresh cream of wheat.[/COLOR]

[color=blue][size=1]I love the new siggy DW.
--------------

[b][u]Human Sign-up[/b][/u]
Name: Michaella "Mic" Christian (Is that medieval enough?)
Style of Living: House
Residency Time: 2 years

Personality: Quiet and shy, very distrustful also. She doesn't like most of the people she waits on because, well, they're mostly old men who act like pigs. Very friendly to those she likes, quite rude and mean to those who anger her.

Hair Color: Golden-brown
Hair Style: Held back in a ponytail.
Skin Color: Peach
Shirt Color: Light blue with a black star on the bottom-right corner
Pants Color: Dark blue (like jeans)
Boot Color: Black
Eye Color: Green/Blue (It's hard for anyone to really tell)

Other Belongings: A brown bag full of notepads and her diary, her cat named Skipper, and her big knife... which she keeps in her bag.

Information: Mic always keeps to herself. Her passions are drawing and writing, but to pay for her food, house, etc., she has to work at the Inn (or is it tavern?). She dislikes most people because they're mean or rude to her, but when someone acts nice to her, she immediatly develops school girl crushes on them. Though it's hard for her to make friends, the few friends she has are the greatest she could possibly ask for.
She used to live with her parents, but when she turned 15, she left them behind and went out on her own. She'd lived in several different towns and cities, but stayed the longest in Black Haven. She had planned on leaving a lot earlier, but several things kept her from doing so. Even though she has it great, she still plans on leaving someday soon.

I hope that's alright.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Raiha][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]......oh my god.

I can't believe I skipped that. Maybe you should bold it. But really. You also forgot to list the Dlogger signup with a title. BAD! BAD DOG![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]That and in the Lyrics Game you spelled 'Yesterday', by The Beatles, Yesturday. ;)

[u]Yuge Signup[/u]
[b]Name:[/b] Scias Mercolubra

[b]Age:[/b] 67

[b]Occupation:[/b] Co-Owner of the Inn.

[b]Style of Living:[/b] Inn.

[b]Residency Time:[/b] More recently than some, but longer than most. Has been living in Black Haven for almost twenty years.

[b]Personality:[/b] Due to a slight bit of hybreeding between the Yuge and Human race, Scias sometimes has a volitile temper which he inherited from his human grandfather. Thoguh over his life he's worked to control it, sometimes it helps when helping to run an establishment. When not angry, Scias is a warmhearted fellow who is always happy to lend a hand.
[b]Hair Color:[/b] Slate Grey

[b]Hair Style:[/b] Firmly tied up.

[b]Skin Color:[/b] White.

[b]Eye Color:[/b] Dark Blue

[b]Shirt Color:[/b] Either black or a dirty bronze.

[b]Pants Color:[/b] Black or dirty bronze.

[b]Shoe Color:[/b] Black.

[b]Other Belongings:[/b] He wears a small chain around his neck bearing a magically enchanted image of his entire family up to his grandfathers. Also a small knife on his beltloop.

[b]Information:[/b] Scias came to Black Haven after an extreme fight with his Yuge family. Since Yuge do not normally even raise their voices at one-another, Scias was banished. He tried to live with his human family, but found their ways just a little bit [i]too[/i] diferent than what he was used to.

He spent a few years travelling the land until he came to the kingdom of Lu Dora. Black Haven was the ideal place to find work, or so he was told. He want there and was almost immediately hired as a bellhop for travellers at the inn. His human blood helped him out with some of the more heavy lifting.

He worked at the inn for many years before asking Kells hand in marriage. On a run of good luck, a passing priest was having a small nip at the bar and wed them right there. It's been years since he entered Black Haven. And it'll be year until he leaves.[/size]

[QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]Yeah, I noticed that, but what is this? Pick on teh sexah beast day? Yeesh XD

And personality is in bold, Raiha ;)[/QUOTE][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]So UNDERLINE IT OR SOMETHING! ...sheesh.[/COLOR]

This is gettin' a bit off topic (not to mention some bad post quality from all of us XD) so back to the signups.

I'll start this tomorrow as long as I get a few more signups. Remember that even after this starts, people can signup. If you're not let into the RPG, that means you either need to work on roleplaying skills, grammar/spelling, or maybe just your profile needs to be better. :)

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=#696969][B][U]Zeke[/B][/U]

[B]Name:[/B] Vasuki

[B]Age:[/B] 10 in Zeke years, but in human years, 50

[B]Gender:[/B] Female

[B]Occupation:[/B] Inn Guard/ Owners' protector

[B]Style of Living:[/B] Inn

[B]Residency Time:[/B] Quite some time, possibly since she was born.

[B]Personality:[/B] A brutal, cold, intimidating, vicious Zeke.

[B]Spike Color:[/B] Gray

[B]Scale Color:[/B] Dark green with dark yellow on the underbelly, but mostly dark green

[B]Eye Color:[/B] Yellow is her normal color, but when angered turns red

[B]Shirt Color:[/B] White with various shades of green patterns and beads

[B]Pants Color:[/B] wears no pants. Shirt is long enough to cover everything, but also long enough to manuever in.

[B]Other Belongings:[/B] Double headed twin hammers in both hands or is placed on back.

[B]Information:[/B] I'll get this up.

[B]Misc:[/B] [URL=http://www.creativeuncut.com/media/s3-bazba.jpg]Vasuki Zeke[/URL][/size][/color]

Human

Name: Vincent

Style of Living: House

Residency Time: two years.

Personality: Vincent is the towns most hated person, why you ask. You see Vincent is arrogent and very full of pride.

Hair Color: Brown
Hair Style:neck length
Skin Color:tan
Shirt Color: black
Pants Color: black
Boots Color: Brown
Eye Color:brown
Other Belongings: Vincent wears very light armour compared to the bulky armour of most knights. The armour is actully just a brest plate and a the two shoulder gaurds,Vincent also wears cut off gloves on both hands. Carries a broad sword at his side, can be seen chewing on a straw of hey or grass.

Information: Vincent the most reliable scout of Lord Tridus. Was sent to the town of Black Haven to scout out the town and wright a report for Lord Tridus on the surroundings and the town folk. On arriving to Black Haven Vincent began to show his arrogent side as he began to tell stories of himself on the frontier and how he was hand picked by Lord Tridus to wright a report on the town. His most hated saying is " I'm only 19 and I'm Lord Tridus most trusted, old men even wish they could be me." The folk of Black Haven just go along with what he has to say just to make him shut up.

[SIZE=1]Damn it DW I had better have heard wrong that this isn't going ahead, I've spent a good hour writing this.

[CENTER]---------[/CENTER]

[b][u]Human Sign up[/u][/b]

[b]Name:[/b] Doctor Victor Ambrose

[b]Age:[/b] 45

[b]Occupation:[/b] Doctor and Scientist (though his experience in the medical field would extend far beyond these titles)

[b]Style of Living:[/b] Large stone house in the middle of town, it is one of Black Haven's oldest abodes next to those of the inn-keepers. The building is approximately two stories tall composed of large greyish stone blocks and large gothic styled windows to allow maximum light during the daylight hours. The outside of the building is kept looking well and free of ivy as to repel such thoughts that the good doctor is some sort of mad genius. After a nasty accident destoryed his first home roughly 15 years ago Dr Victor built his current home.

[b]Residency Time:[/b] Roughly 25 or so years, one of the first few residents of the town of Black Haven.

[b]Personality:[/b] A good hearted, kind and thoughtful man, Dr. Ambrose is known throughout Black Haven for his skills as a physician as well as his bedside manner. He has treated most of the town from such maladies as the common cold to scarlet fever with varying degrees of success. He is a pleasent man to meet and often prefers to listen to a person rather than talk, quiet and sometimes reserved, when he first came to Black Haven his lack of communication led to the general agreement that he was a mute though with the passing of time that theory has been rubbished.

I'll provide a picture here as it will fit the part I desire nicely.

[IMG]http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/library/photos/258/258831.jpg[/IMG]

[b]Hair Color:[/b] Light brown

[b]Hair Style:[/b] As above, neat, straight and well kept.

[b]Skin Color:[/b] White

[b]Shirt Color:[/b] As above although his clothing is much cleaner.

[b]Pants Color:[/b] Dark brown, tied with a black leather belt.

[b]Boots Color:[/b] Black shoes, size 9.

[b]Eye Color:[/b] Light Blue

[b]Other Belongings:[/b] Mainly just what is seen in his picture and the equipment in his laboratory, he does though carry around a silver crucifix given to him by his late friend and mentor Dr Velken Dominus.

[b]Information:[/b] Little is known about the good doctor before he arrived in Black Haven but what is known is that Doctor Victor Ambrose was just barely a man when he came to Black Haven. He had come to seek out it's previous Doctor one Velkan Dominus to learn medicine as a student, Victor had already gained some knowledge of the subject but his skills were far too rudimentry to practice medicine without further training. His love of the science and nature as well as his down to earth and kind demeanor helped impress his mentor and as such secured him his place as a medical student.

Time progressed quickly for Dr Ambrose and in six short years he had learned all he could from Dr Velken. However trajedy struck the following winter as his mentor was taken ill with a dose of influenza, an infection which the aging 70 year old did not recover from, Victor was now looked upon as the towns new cheif physician and he took to this new challange in the hope of living up to the worth Dr Dominus had placed in him. Since then he had watched the humble farming town grow and grow into large bustling town fulled with interesting characters and even more interesting challanges. He became friendly with the Yuge inkeepers within a few years of himself and spends much of his free time either in his lab or conversing with them in their tavern.[/SIZE]

Before you totally decide this I'd like to give a last testiment to why you should not just call the RP off. People RP to immerse themselves into a story they too become part of. They put a little bit of themselves into each story to allow themselves to fall into it, in many cases becoming their character. Most of the people who read RP's are the Role Players themselves, very rarely do you find someone who devotes themselves to just reading the RPs. Just something to think about before you destory what could become a great story.

Don't you worry, sir. This RPG is nothing compared to what I'm cooking up as we speak. In a matter of months, my new RPG will "shake the foundations" as James has about similar things. This is a mere step that I regret since pretty much I know what will happen if I'm not around to help it.