OtakuBoards

What is you greatest fear?

Tix

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman] Fear is not ust one thing. It isn't possible to have just on fear.

I fear cold, dark waters. Any water that i can't see the bottom of petrifies me. It makes it hard to go to the beach that way, now doesn't it? My fear of dark waters also leads to a huge fear of boats and anything that goes out on water. I do, however, like to swim.

I fear being alone. Not in the sense of love, just being alone. I always need to know that there is someone that i can count on, just to be there. Having no friends would suck, now wouldn't it?

I fear being in a city. i always feel as though someone is there watching me from the shadows or something whenever i am in a city. Like they could pop out of a dark alley at any moment. (like some damn rapist or something.) That is why the fear i listed before affects me so much.

That's all im going to list, there's more, but im not going to list them. But to tell you a few things, blood, darkness, bugs, rodents, knives, or anything to that effect do not affect me at all. I could pick up a bloody mouse corpse and say "wow. that's neat."

-Jun[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I fear doing something that I will regret.

Also, Spontaneous Human Combustion scares me. I have seen pictures of it and it is so creepy, I can't stand looking at a book that might have SHC pics in it.

When I was in primary school, the Oompah Loompah from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory scared me, now days I can tolerate them.

:( I know it sounds babyish and stuff but.....I'm afraid of the dark. It makes me feel alone and I hate being alone. So I'm always afraid some unknown guy is gonna come out and try to kill me or something. :eek: Its a paranoia, and if I stay in the dark by myself long enough i'll start seeing figures coming close to me; hallucinate. :sleep: My mom tells me to just go to sleep early but i'm also a insomniac(it sucks) so I still have alot of energy at night time. :confused:

Guest MangaFreak
My worst fear? I guess it would be waking up and finding out every thing was [b]not[/b] a dream. And that I have to live with that.
Also, another fear of mine is that reality is just a dream that we can't wake up from.

[I]I fear the unknown.

Like death, when I die I don't know where I'm going or where my soul is suppose to go. Probably because I don't know the way to heaven or hell. It's like going in a dark alley and you don't know who or what's in the end of it. Sometimes I just want to feel secured of death like before I die someone could give me directions or whatever ^_^x

Like an unknown virus with un unknown cure. Hell, that makes me wanna stay in a secluded 4-wall room when an epidemic of it occurs...though I'm claustrophobic.

Maybe that's why I fear commuting to places when I don't know the directions... same applies to going to countries with no map... you just get lost.[/I]

Wow, I have to agree with you. That can be a really scary thought. But I guess a lot of that depends on if you're religious or not. I know for me, that isn't my greatest fear. I don't think anything happens after we die. I think we are concious of nothing. Now what can be so scary about that ;) It's all about one's point of view. :)

I guess I would be scared of being in a situation where I open my heart and trust in my gut feeling, and then to be wrong about the whole situation. It's one of those things that can hurt for months and never go completely away. I guess taking all that into consideration, I would have to say that my biggest fear is for this to happen to me over and over again. I think after awhile I would shut down completely. It really is scary to trust in yourself to the point where you risk it all, only to lose it all. Don't you think?

[QUOTE=James][color=#707875]Anyway, it's hard to think of my "worst fear" off the top of my head. I would have to say though, I think my worst fear is my mother dying. There is nobody in this world who understands me as thoroughly as she; and we are very similar people in general. I think she is really responsible for giving me a lot of confidence in myself (or at least, more confidence than I'd otherwise have had).

So, whenever she is gone, I really have no idea how I'm going to handle it. I just can't imagine it. Part of me is worried that it will really have a really serious negative impact. It's actually kind of scary to think about that -- because of all things, I think it's the only thing that could truly make me lose my mind completely.

There are really no fears that compare to that, in my mind. I feel that if she is around, I can [i]always [/i]handle whatever comes my way, no matter how terrible it may be. [/color][/QUOTE]I know exactly what you mean; this post almost mirrors my greatest fear exactly, only with mild differences.

My worst fear is actually my grandmother dying. Aside from my brother, she's really the only [i]close[/i] family I have. I admire her in many ways. Although my mother lived with us when we were young, she was the one who taught me how to walk and talk--she was the one who raised me and nursed me back to health when I was ill (I was actually so sick as a young child that I almost died). So, that's a pretty intense connection.

I really admire her in many ways; her children are older adults with families of their own. She didn't have to take us in and sacrifice so much so that we could have the good quality of life that we have now. My grandma always makses me feel like I'm someone important and that I have the potential to be much greater than I could ever hope to be.

When she's gone, I'm going to feel very alone. I'm on good terms with my mother, but she's never actually been a mother to me and there's a great distance between us. And, I'm close with my brother, but no one understands me quite like she does or cares about me to the extent that she does. She's the kind of person that would always put us before her.

Because she's in her seventies now and in poor health, I'm constantly haunted by the realization that she's not going to be there for me at some point--sooner than later. Just the thought of losing someone that important to me makes me wonder how I'll function at all. I'm certain that when the day comes, I'll have a breakdown. For a long period of time, I'll become very vulnerable and lost emotionally.

In retrospect, she's actually the reason I'm so motivated in writing my own book. I want it to be a success just so I can dedicate it to her and make her proud of this marvelous thing I've done.

So yeah, I just posted this because I'm surprised to find a post that matches my own feelings so closely.

Wow, now that is something to fear. I hope your Grandmother stays with you for a long time. I know what it's like to lose someone you love dearly. It's indescribable pain that hurts for a long time. I don't wish that pain on ANYONE. I don't think there really is a greater fear than losing everyone you love. I can only imagine if my parents died. How I would feel, compared to the way I use to feel when they were with me. But to think of that, makes me appreciate them even more, and I am able to make sure that I tell them how much I do love them every chance I get. No one can cheat death. It comes without warning, so the best thing to do is to take the time to care for those we may lose in the future. I guess that would be another fear of mine as well.

Guest Wings of Shadow
My worst fear is actually being alone forever...

It seems babyish now that I've said it, but it' the truth.

I mean, I tend to not get along with most people... at all, and it might be nice to get away from other people from time to time... but I do have a few rare friends, and I couldn't live without them.

^^; I sound like such a big baby.

You know, I think everyone feels that way. I don't think there is one person in this world who can't say that's not one of their fears. It just depends on who is "brave" enough, if you will, to say it. I agree. Being alone forever is a scary thought.

[quote name='Vash IDK']You know, I think everyone feels that way. I don't think there is one person in this world who can't say that's not one of their fears. It just depends on who is "brave" enough, if you will, to say it. I agree. Being alone forever is a scary thought.[/quote]

Actually, I'm not really scared of dying "alone" because it's impossible. You cannot die alone, because everyone has atleast one friend I think. It is normal for humans to interact, and form bonds. It's impossible not to. You got your parents, they most likely care for you, and if they don't you still have friends to back you up. And worst comes to worst, I'm cool with being on my own. I can live by myself and not have any problems. Don't get me wrong, sometimes when I'm listening to some deep music I'll start thinking, and it is scary sometimes, but you'll really never know for sure til you die. :p Not much point in thinking about it at all, actually. Just stay positive, enjoy life. The longer you wait, the better it is.

I agree. It probably is impossible to die alone. And no matter what, it is human tendancy after all to go on in life even if the worst befalls us. But the [i]thought[/i] of dying alone without anyone still sounds scary. In reality, we know we'll have friends to back us up. We'll never truly be alone, but the thought that all the people you once cared so much about, could be gone, leaves a real cold feeling inside. Not that I believe that this will ever happen or anything, but the [i]thought[/i] is what scares me. Do you sort of get what I'm saying? :) It's like in that George Orwell novel, [i]1984,[/i] the things that happened to the main character, "Winston" with the hungry rats in a cage about to eat the flesh from his face. Wouldn't that scare you? BUT, these are not things that would happen in reality. (At least we hope they don't) But if you put yourself in the situation he was in, don't you think you'd also find it scary? I think that's all Wings and I were saying there. :) Sorry if that confused anyone.

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Ever since I saw it in [i]Creepshow[/i], my worst fear is being killed by swarms of bugs. Yes, it's stupid, but the idea really freaks me out. No, it's not rational, but it's not supposed to be....[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MangaFreak
[quote name='Mitch][size=1][color=red] I do not fear. I fear nothing. I am not afraid. I am not timid. I do not feel terror. I don't shake.[/size'][/color][/quote]
Meaning of course, you do. Thats alright, keep your secrets. I'll find you out in spite of them. I'm sure i mean to try. Gaurd you tongue carefully or a real secret may slip out. Descretion is [i]never[/i] permanent. Even if I have to use all my cunning and all my guile, I will find you out in the end.

Now that is some thing to fear...

my greatest fear you ask?
Is probably loseing my best friends, or any friend that i use to lean on, like it was said before by jun, just afraid of being alone, even though now lately, it seems i've been faceing a lot of stuff alone.

i am also deathly afraid of being swamped by spiders with no shoe to save me XD

besides that, i dont really have a greater fear[none that i can think of anyways], i just live my life one step at a time, ready to take on anything..

and Freak, of course he wont tell you what he fears, it is like showing your greatest weakness to the world and in a way, if you are hated enough it is a way of showing the person just right where to kick you, or how to scare you.
So i guess to give out that kind of information is hard for some people..and figureing out mitch? good luck.

[quote name='keisuke shuuken']still living with my folks when im 20 years old.[/quote]

Welcome to theOtakuBoards keisuke shuuken. Please be aware that we have a rules page that all members are required to read before posting. The Rules and FAQ can be found on the left navigation menu.

We have pretty high standards when it comes to the quality of posts (ie: making them well thought out with care given to grammar). Your post is considered spam on this message board and has been deleted. When you re-read the rules page it will make more sense to you.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators. Again, I welcome you to the boards and I hope to see you posting around the site. Have fun!

~Panda

My biggest fear would be...spiders. I'm a real arachnaphobic, when I see a spider I start shaking and sweating and my face becomes white with fear. I don't have it with movies though, but that's because I know it's not real ^_^.
I have another fear though...it's clowns. Go on, tell me I'm weird! But it's true. I don't know why, but I think they're really scary.

I can?t sleep the clowns will get me?! LOL Sorry, I couldn?t resist. Its on a shirt in Hot Topics. My biggest fear? Gods, heights. I can go up on mountains cause I know those are very stable. But things like the Marta station in Doraville I almost can?t handle. I have REAL phobia?s, cept maybe for jumping spiders. One time there was a jumping black spider in my room when I was cleaning, and it jumped at my face. I?ve been terrified ever since. I had to leave the room, and no one could get me to go back in to kill it for an hour, and I had a long broom. About heights: I can not do things like acrophobia, the Six Flags ride. Despite the fact that its really high up, it drops. *shudders* The one encounter I have had with my fear of heights that was bad was when we were in Florida. We were going to try a new way to get home, and we ended up having to go over a bridge. I usually can handle them, but this one was terrifying. I was begging my mom to turn around. I had hysterics the rest of the day. It was a steep bridge, and I felt like I was going to fall. It happened the first time a rode the American Cyclone, too? *hides in a corner, shuddering*

• 8 months later...
My greatest fear is probably falling. I am terrified of hieghts and seeing myself falling a long distance creeps me out. I dont go into high buildings with glass floors, those really make me nervous.

I also fear...clowns, dolls, spiders, and substitute teachers

sign my guest book - [url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/kuramasgrl/guestbook/[/url]

I don't fear much really, even if you are scared, I think its better to just suck it up and fight your fears. I mean, fears kind of get in the way of living life to its fullest. If theres something you really want to do, then you shouldn't let something or someone stand in your way. Being alone is a fear thats hard to fight, and its one of mine. I always try though, and theres no way I'll go down any other way then fighting.