OtakuBoards

What is you greatest fear?

Tix

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the thought of "what am I really afraid of?", or something along those lines went through my mind only a few weeks ago so, here I go...

I suppose my greatest fear would be losing someone that I really cared about, as in one of my (future) children or my (future) wife. Knowing that there is absolutely nothing I can do to save them, having them die in my arms. If it was only a friend I think I would probably be able to deal with it over time, but someone that close to me.......... I just don't think I could handle it. Eek..... I really hope that nothing like that ever happens to me...

I've never really given this much thought...its not really a cheery thing to think or talk about thats why. I think one of my greatest fear is being alone. No friends no realatives, no one to make you happy. That or knowing that your going to die soon and theres nothing you can do to prevent it....that would make me pretty nervous

Guest Vash331
I've come to the conclusion that getting stabbed with a blade probally really hurts...I don't think i'd want to go that way, so i'm pretty scared of that. I mean really though poke youself kinda hard, it hurts, or hell poke youself with something pointy, could you imagine that thing going all the way through? Scary huh?

And i also fear what everybody else fears: losing family members or loved ones, your pet getting hurt, giant brocolli, you know the usual...actually any vegetable larger than my head is kinda scary....ewwwwww it gives me chills just thinking about it.

I'd have to say my greatest fear is loosing everything I know. Possibly extreme amnesia where one day I just wake up and no nothing and nobody. But another thing is just walking down the street one day and everything that was the way I knew it completely changes... like all my beliefs and the way I view the world is completely changed in an instant. I'd have no idea where I am, what I'm doing, or why I'm there... to me that's true fear.

[COLOR=Blue]*ponders for a moment* Ah yes! [SIZE=2]SPIDERS SCARE THE PANTS OFF ME!!!![/SIZE] there you go. Oh, an' I can't foget hornets! If there like, buzzing towards me I'll freek out! I almost cried at dinner tonight because a stupide hornt came up to our table while we were eatting. I hated it so much, I had to move.

[QUOTE](posted by Bean)
I'm afraid of nOObs, bad grammar, and hyperactive chidren/typists.[/QUOTE]

I SOOOOOOO agree with you. I mean, it scares me how LITTLE they read the rules! O.o[/COLOR]

Mine would go like this. I'm forced to sit in a desk. By people wearing clown masks as they tear of my finger nails. But that's not the worst thing they bite of parts of my figures off till I'm fingerless then next go my whole hand. The keep me alive so I can fill the pain. Then, from my wrist to my elbow, then to the shoulders. Till finally the take mercy and shoot me in the head ending it all . I think they wanted me to beg for death. Welcome it with open arms. Now That's my fear :laugh:

But i still have other fears involving clowns from hell :devil:

I can't really think of any fears, per se. I'm not scared of bugs or random animals or anything.

I'd say the thing I really dislike doing the most would be climbing tall ladders. I often have to climb around 15 to 20 feet on this aluminum ladder we have to clean out the gutters. I'm not afraid of heights, as I have no problem walking around on the roof... but climbing up and down a shaky ladder has always freaked the hell out of me more than anything else I've ever had to do. I suppose it's only natural, though. Who wants to fall and break their legs? heh

I don't really have a fear of the one thing. It more of "something".

I'm usually in town all day, and usually I have to walk somewhere in town where mum can pick me up so I can get home. When I go home at about 5 or 6 in the afternoon, the sun is setting (winter). It gets dark quick, and I'm left most of the time to walk at night. Sometimes I have to walk through very empty parts of town. I always get this shiver inside me, that something or someone is close by or behind me and following me. Everytime I turn and I can't find anyone, this feeling keeps getting stronger, until I get in the car on the way home.

My "worst fear"... being killed by someone, alone. Dieing by myself is not what I'm scared of. Just... being shot dead while I know it's going to happen, being beat to death by morethan one person... on my own, and no-one is there to help me. I've been so scared of that feeling for so long... I'd reckon it'd be my worst fear.

[color=darkviolet]I know this occurance has a very low percentage of happening and I hardly mention it for fear of jinxing myself, but my biggest fear is that I'm going to get one of those calls.

The kind of call they give military spouses to tell them that their husband or wife is dead. That's my biggest fear.

My second biggest woul dbe that my daughter is going to be born with birth defects that will deminish her life span or that I'll just screw her up really bad[/color]

[QUOTE=Falkon]Heh, blood helps me relax. My worst fear is the United States government and Bush 0.o hes more deadly than you think

Oh, yeah, and n00bs[/QUOTE]
[color=#707875]Oh for god's sake. If Bush is your worst fear, then you have a very cushy lifestyle. I also find your second comment highly ironic.

Anyway, it's hard to think of my "worst fear" off the top of my head. I would have to say though, I think my worst fear is my mother dying. There is nobody in this world who understands me as thoroughly as she; and we are very similar people in general. I think she is really responsible for giving me a lot of confidence in myself (or at least, more confidence than I'd otherwise have had).

So, whenever she is gone, I really have no idea how I'm going to handle it. I just can't imagine it. Part of me is worried that it will really have a really serious negative impact. It's actually kind of scary to think about that -- because of all things, I think it's the only thing that could truly make me lose my mind completely.

There are really no fears that compare to that, in my mind. I feel that if she is around, I can [i]always [/i]handle whatever comes my way, no matter how terrible it may be. [/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]I fear the unknown.

Like death, when I die I don't know where I'm going or where my soul is suppose to go. Probably because I don't know the way to heaven or hell. It's like going in a dark alley and you don't know who or what's in the end of it. Sometimes I just want to feel secured of death like before I die someone could give me directions or whatever ^_^x

Like an unknown virus with un unknown cure. Hell, that makes me wanna stay in a secluded 4-wall room when an epidemic of it occurs...though I'm claustrophobic.

Maybe that's why I fear commuting to places when I don't know the directions... same applies to going to countries with no map... you just get lost.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Asukite
okay so my fear (not having anything to do with the loss of relatives (my family sucks, deal with it ^_^) i mostly fear being locked up in a cage for eternity and having no freedom of will whatsoever... this explains why ill never make it as a criminal and how i'm forced to bludgeon my friend arthur with a hammer every time he steals a candy bar from walgreens.

Ok having read the previous posts i know how everyone hates, fears, loaths n00bs. well so do i! ... wait... im not saying i fear myself, ive been bouncing back and forth between forums for quite a while and have finally decided to settle with otaku boards. Im only saying this so nobody ends up going through an epic phobic seizure after reading above my post and seeing that im a new member.

And now if youll excuse me ill be posting like mad for the sole purpose of stopping people from having phobic moments in the sight of my member status. ^_^

Guest me_leela
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]undefined[/FONT]mine would be to find that there is nothing after death. or to find out that i'm not really who i've thought I am, like finding out i'm adopted and that my real mom didn't want me. I would really hate to lose everyone i love. and another biggest fear would be to be tortured after death or to feel unthinkable pain while dying.... i guess i have a lot :wigout:

[COLOR=Blue]Okay, I finally thought of my WORST fear. It came to me in a dream, it was Dragon Warrior taking over the OB's with his little n00b helpers who spamed the boards until all you saw was spamming. Thank god it didn't happen. THAT is my greatest fear...O_o;;;;[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hmmmmm. This is a tough one. I'm not really scared or have a fear of any thing.Wait................................ My only thing I'm not looking forward to is (IF) I play Highschool Football and If I lose a major game for the team. That's really the only thing I would say I'm 'scared' of. That's all really. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I've known that for only a few weeks. I'm very mature for my age and I think I'm growing up too fast, for I'm only 13, but that's not my fear.

I guess since I've been alone most of my life, mother dead at 4, being shoved into day-care centers when I was young because my dad had to work a lot, I guess I've always felt alone. I never want to feel alone again... of course, I still am.

My biggest fear is not having someone at night when I wake up sweating from a terrible night mare or if I loose a job or something, I always want that one man to comfort me. I don't care if I have barely any friends, I just want that man at night that will let me sleep right next to him so I know someone's there for me. I just want to have that guy who I can't stop staring at... I guess my greatest fear is not falling in love... Kinda cheesy, huh?[/SIZE][/FONT]

I've seen this thread a million times in my lifetime, and each time I always type something different, because I have more than one fears.

Firstly, I have a fear of death, myself. Not fear of dying normally, but dying by getting shot, or stabbed, or mugged really badly in an alley or something. I'm out late at night sometimes, and I dunno, that seems to be one of my biggest fears. I think "What will my parents think? What will my friends think?" y'know? How will they feel? Obviously bad, but theirs more...

Other than that, not much of anything scares me. I swear, I could be one of the bravest or dumbest (probably the latter) anyone would meet.

[SIZE=1]I'm lucky in the fact that I'm not afraid of a whole lot of things, but rather a select few which invoke practical paralysis. My biggest fear, without a shadow of a doubt is heights, though I must admit it's no ordinary case of vertigo, in my case I have a fear of heights in a confined space.

I suppose the most notable case of this was when I climbed a tree at my cousin's house and was too afraid to climb down, here I was stuck up this tree no more than 12' from ground for about 2 hours. In the end I just said to hell with it and jumped, which accomplished the task of getting down but seemed to embedded that fear of heights in me.

The weird thing is that I don't have a fear of heights in say large open places, like say on a mountain, in a plane or on top of a building. Maybe I just have a fear of falling and not necessarily heights.[/SIZE]

Guest Hajatu
My Greatest Fear by far, is losing Heather (Girl I Love) She's at the beach right now...and I am worried sick... ;-;

I am also scared of busy highways and Heights...>.<;