Dragon Warrior

Do you like Star Wars??  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat
    • What is Star Wars?

[QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]Upon digging through my mum and dad's old records, I came across something mildly sexy. The original Star Wars soundtrack on a record! God my oh! So I took out the record player we have and tried it. I need help adjusting the thing because I'm not very fluent in... well... in crap.

But wowness :^D That record is the shiz! If I could burn it onto a CD, I would (and it's possible to burn it onto a tape, but I don't use cassettes). Is this a treasure or what? Or do you all have one and want to make me cry? :([/QUOTE]

[size=1]Thank God someone finally replied to this, I thought it was going to go dead again for sure, though I suppose with 1450 replies we've covered a heck of a lot of stuff that could be dealt with.

As for that soundtrack I have but six words [i]God damn it, I want that[/i], that really is some find Gavynn and you'd be mad not to keep your hands wrapped around it for fear someone would try and pilfer it. If you do get the chance to burn it onto a CD then that sounds good but I suppose you're already able to get stuff like that over the Internet.[/size]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]Upon digging through my mum and dad's old records, I came across something mildly sexy. The original Star Wars soundtrack on a record! God my oh! So I took out the record player we have and tried it. I need help adjusting the thing because I'm not very fluent in... well... in crap.

But wowness :^D That record is the shiz! If I could burn it onto a CD, I would (and it's possible to burn it onto a tape, but I don't use cassettes). Is this a treasure or what? Or do you all have one and want to make me cry? :([/QUOTE]

[color=green]That's definately cool. I've never really thought about that whole aspect of records and such for science fiction before CDs. I suppose there have got to be some eight-track tapes out there as well.

Definately worth something, especially if you have the cover.

*checks Ebay for others[/color]

I do have the cover. What's cool about it is it also comes with a little page or booklet that explains what's occurring in the movie during each song. I thought that was nifty. There's also pictures from the movies on the cover (which is nothing special, but I have the cover so wee!)

And the best part is that it's in mint, if not perfect condition. The record is fine and the only thing wrong I saw with the case/cover was dust! What a find, indeed!

[QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]I do have the cover. What's cool about it is it also comes with a little page or booklet that explains what's occurring in the movie during each song. I thought that was nifty. There's also pictures from the movies on the cover (which is nothing special, but I have the cover so wee!)

And the best part is that it's in mint, if not perfect condition. The record is fine and the only thing wrong I saw with the case/cover was dust! What a find, indeed![/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Indeed it is a excellent find, especially in mint condition though I suspect that Gavynn's love of Star Wars would make it a near impossibility for him to sell it. Remind me of that episode of the Simpson's where Martin Prince's mother goes to sell Comic Book Guy all that rare SW merchandise she found in the basement.

I'd personally advise you to store that away some place and enjoy it for the rest of time, it's like the first edition Star Wars videotape an uncle of mine has, yes the new DVDs may have better sound and picture quality but it just feels so much better.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Kane][SIZE=1]Indeed it is a excellent find, especially in mint condition though I suspect that Gavynn's love of Star Wars would make it a near impossibility for him to sell it. Remind me of that episode of the Simpson's where Martin Prince's mother goes to sell Comic Book Guy all that rare SW merchandise she found in the basement.

I'd personally advise you to store that away some place and enjoy it for the rest of time, it's like the first edition Star Wars videotape an uncle of mine has, yes the new DVDs may have better sound and picture quality but it just feels so much better.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=green]Perhaps he could... donate it. To me.

As for the video, burn it to DVD before it wears out. I have all of the SE burned to DVD, and just as well because my tapes are beginning to wear out. I've been trying to get ahold of some OT tapes to burn to DVD, but so far I only have ROTJ.

It's all made possible by my school's video lab. :)

Before I was born one of my uncles sold most of his Star Wars action figures at a yard sale. Today they'd be worth a pretty penny. Alas, I have but a few of them.

I'm even starting to get agitated over some of my older Rogue Squadron novels beginning to yellow with age. I'm distraught, to say the least.

Ideas on preserving books in a fashion that'd make them readable?[/color]

[QUOTE=Boba Fett][color=green]Perhaps he could... donate it. To me.

As for the video, burn it to DVD before it wears out. I have all of the SE burned to DVD, and just as well because my tapes are beginning to wear out. I've been trying to get ahold of some OT tapes to burn to DVD, but so far I only have ROTJ.

It's all made possible by my school's video lab. :)

Before I was born one of my uncles sold most of his Star Wars action figures at a yard sale. Today they'd be worth a pretty penny. Alas, I have but a few of them.

I'm even starting to get agitated over some of my older Rogue Squadron novels beginning to yellow with age. I'm distraught, to say the least.

Ideas on preserving books in a fashion that'd make them readable?[/color][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Heh nice try Dave but if there's anyone Gavynn is likely to donate it to it's going to be me, a fellow Gavin ;).

As for the video I'm afraid I neither have the equipment to burn it onto a DVD nor the desire to, the tape is still in near perfect condition because it's only watched about three times a year. The sound and picture are perfect and I can watch Star Wars as it should still be without Lucas' idiotic tinkering and so called "improving".

Most of my Star Wars novels are in perfect condition even after all these years, my only piece of advice on keeping them preserved would be to keep them in a locker or storage cabinet where there's no dust. That or place them in those plastic storage pouches used for sandwiches and stuff, the little sealable bags.[/size]

Screw you guys. I'm selling it if I'm ever gonna get rid of it XD

I have the original Star Wars Trilogy on tape as well. That and the original videos before they were one complete box set. I'm sure they're not worth much now... but in the year 4582, after World War VI destroys most of the planet, who knows...

[quote name='Dragon Warrior']I have the original Star Wars Trilogy on tape as well. That and the original videos before they were one complete box set. I'm sure they're not worth much now... but in the year 4582, after World War VI destroys most of the planet, who knows...[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Such clear clairvoyance into the future, I was wondering if you could predict next weeks Irish Lotto numbers for me, my cash supply is running a bit low ;). That is of course unless World War III is going to occure before then, though if it does I guess none of us will be here to talk about it.

Is it just me or has the 411 degraded to a point where it's just you, Dave, Alex and me talking ? I mean sure we make up about 750 replies between us but damn. Anyone fancy starting up those Star Wars based quizzes again or something to try and keep us entertained until Episode III comes out ?[/SIZE]

[color=green]I'm currently of the opinion that Sifo Dias was a Jedi Master.

However, the Sifo Dias that visited Kamino probablly wasn't a Jedi Master. I'm thinking it was either Darth Sidious or one of his operatives posing as Dias in order to orchestrate the clone wars.[/color]

Well, he [i]was[/i] a Jedi Master, as said so by Obi-Wan himself. I am also of the opinion that it was Sidious posing as him to order the Clone Army, or possibly Dooku. But another thing that was spinning through my mind awhile back.

What if it was actually the real Sifo Dyas? Working under Sidious of course. Remember the Dark Side clouds the Jedi's ability to see into the Force. Since they have no idea, least a very clear idea, that Palpatine is in fact a Dark Lord of the Sith, it is quite possible that Dyas could have actually ordered the army for Sidious. Only to be killed off of course, heh.

I myself like the former idea more, makes more sense than my idea in my mind.

I've never heard of this Sifo Dias guy/girl/it/thing/monkey. Is it a character from Episode 3 or is he from one of the books? If it's the books then I won't be able to carry on the conversation. I watch the films; I don't read the books. I only read one of them from the Jedi Apprentice series for a class back in 6th grade.

[quote name='Zeta']Just a question to everyone. Who do you believe Sifo Dyas is/was? Will we ever find out? I'll express my views later.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]Well I remember about a year back on StarWars.com they had a profile in the Databank section claiming that Count Dooku and Sifo Dyas were in fact one in the same person. Now later that entry was retracted because simply it didn't make sense with the actual charatcers themselve, unless of course the Jedi Council are using the same "[I]He's gone to the Dark Side so really he's dead[/I]" that Obi Wan fed Luke about Anakin.

However I do not think that that is the case in this matter, personally I would say that either Dooku or Sidious sent an agent to Kamino to pose as Master Dyas and order the creation of the clones, it seems the most likely explanation. As Dave pointed out this may be a character whom we will never see in a greater light, unless of course a novel detailing his life is released in the EU, however that does not seem likely.[/SIZE]

The reason why I believe that it wasn't just some person posing as him, is the look that Yoda and Mace had when informed it was Dyas that ordered the army. A look that struck me as :eek: . Like they possibly eventually found out he was a Dark Jedi and was killed by another Jedi or something. Or that he had actually been dead for far longer, than what was stated by Obi-Wan. Get what I am saying? Sounds kind of vague.

Again, I agree with the idea that it was probably Sidious or Dooku posting, but it is fun to speculate.

:D

[SIZE=1]Indeed it is, however in this case all the speculation in the world would help. I just watched the scene where Obi-Wan informs the Council about Master Dyas and I have to admit that there did seem something strange about their body language. Perhaps we will find out more about mysterious the Jedi Master in Episode III, though again that does not seem likely, unless of course Lucas is keeping that very secret. After all can anyone explain the reason they change Old Anakin's appearance at the end of ROTJ to young Anakin, all we were told was that it had something to do with Episode III.[/SIZE]

[color=green]Or it could be a huge set up for Episode VII, since Lucas doesn't want to die a poor man...

Dias could be a major player, or perhaps even someone with more foresight than Palpatine.

I'm going to poke around for some trivia to put up here later, should be interesting.[/color]

[QUOTE=Boba Fett][color=green]Or it could be a huge set up for Episode VII, since Lucas doesn't want to die a poor man...

Dias could be a major player, or perhaps even someone with more foresight than Palpatine.

I'm going to poke around for some trivia to put up here later, should be interesting.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1] Perhaps but then again Lucas is one of the richest men in the entire film world so dying a poor man would be quite a challenge for him. Since we really don't know anything about Dyas we simply can't form solid facts about him or his part in the greater galactic events on the whole. Should be interesting to see what you come up with, after all you are the Star Wars Guru here Dave, if I remember your title correctly.[/SIZE]

Please, trivia doesn't prove anything. :p It is the debates that can come out of Star Wars that proves if one is a guru or not. Ain't that right Boba.';-) I r teh guru! :eek:

Anywho....Lets see.....Oh yeah. Anyone have any ideas about what Troy Denning's post-NJO trilogy will be about? My favorite author and am very curious.

[QUOTE=Zeta]Please, trivia doesn't prove anything. :p It is the debates that can come out of Star Wars that proves if one is a guru or not. Ain't that right Boba.';-) I r teh guru! :eek:

Anywho....Lets see.....Oh yeah. Anyone have any ideas about what Troy Denning's post-NJO trilogy will be about? My favorite author and am very curious.[/QUOTE]

[color=green]Post NJO trilogy? News to me.

If I had to guess, I'd say exploration of the Vong storyline and a major push in the area of the next generation.

After all, there's only so much you can write about Han's romance with Leia, Leia's ongoing journey towards master, R2 and 3PO's [strike]gay love affair[/strike] adventures and Luke's "look at me I'm all wise" act.

I'd personally like to hear more about Fett's reformation of the Mandalorians. Makes sense, since he is getting on in age.[/color]

Yeah, I believe it is due to come out sometime next year, not too sure.

I think this trilogy will be the shift from the Original Trilogy characters to those introduced in the books, Jacen..Jaina...etc. If I remember correctly they take place a good deal of time after the NJO, not sure how long, but there is the possibility that the Original Trilogy characters have in fact passed on. :( *shrug* Knowing my luck I read the preview of it wrong and the trilogy actually takes place during the Clone Wars, lol.

Just a fun filled thing I came across in Episode I. I was watching it the other day and when Amidala/Padme leaves Senator Palpatine's office to head back for Naboo, as the camera is cutting away or turning black, forgot how the screen transitions exactly. Does anyone else see a smile forming on Palpatine as it transitions? Everything is going to plan!

:wigout:

[QUOTE=Zeta]Please, trivia doesn't prove anything. :p It is the debates that can come out of Star Wars that proves if one is a guru or not. Ain't that right Boba.';-) I r teh guru! :eek:

Anywho....Lets see.....Oh yeah. Anyone have any ideas about what Troy Denning's post-NJO trilogy will be about? My favorite author and am very curious.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Post-NJO ? As with Dave this is the first time I've heard anything of it, though I guess it was only a matter of time before the series was set to continue although the last book of the NJO did have a very "[I]series finale[/I]" feel to it. I'd say a post NJO triolgy might to a ST: TNG and go a couple of decades beyond the current timline, after all there's really only a lot of rebuilding going on at the moment in the Galaxy far, far away. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Kane][SIZE=1]Post-NJO ? As with Dave this is the first time I've heard anything of it, though I guess it was only a matter of time before the series was set to continue although the last book of the NJO did have a very "[I]series finale[/I']" feel to it. I'd say a post NJO triolgy might to a ST: TNG and go a couple of decades beyond the current timline, after all there's really only a lot of rebuilding going on at the moment in the Galaxy far, far away. [/SIZE][/quote]

Yes very true. But I looked at it as a finale for the Original Trilogy characters roles, and not Star Wars as a whole.

I don't know about you guys, but did anyone feel kind of sad when the NJO finished? I mean, it was a series going on for quite some time, through various books and e-books. You got to see new characters come and go, grow old, and the old grow older. I felt kind of sad when it was over. :(

[quote name='Zeta']I don't know about you guys, but did anyone feel kind of sad when the NJO finished? I mean, it was a series going on for quite some time, through various books and e-books. You got to see new characters come and go, grow old, and the old grow older. I felt kind of sad when it was over. :([/quote]

[size=1]Yeah I was kind of sad when the whole thing ended but [spoiler]killing Chewie off really made me hate the series something awful for a while, however the sheer scope of the story eventually redeemed it.[/spoiler] It did have to come to an end eventually and there were times when I thought that NJO might be the end of Star Wars altogether, after all KOTOR and the like opened up the Pre-Wars era.

I did develop and attachment for the characters and I wish StarWars.com would update their Database a little more often, I think they've still not got up many of the NJO Jedi Apprentices. One major thing I like about Unifying Force was the reintroduction of many of the old characters, Fett and Katarn being my favourites, I was hoping that Katarn might make an appearance some place outside the Jedi Knight game series.[/size]

• 2 months later...
Time for another sexy resurrection of this thread. :P

Episode Three is nearing and my anticipation grows more with every passing day. I'm not too big of an obsessive fan like some of the good folks who have posted in this thread, but there's no doubt that I'm going to see this right away (I'll have to beat nerds on my way into the theatre just to get a spot in the walkways of the screening).

And has anyone heard anything about George making episodes 7-9? That'd be kickin'.