OtakuBoards

Fruits Basket?

Xander Harris

Major fan !! :animestun Fruits Basket is one of the best manga I have ever read. Now Fruits Basket is shojo (manga for teen girls) but I did know a guy who read it he put it down but he laughed the whole time he was reading it. I know if you read a little further into the series you will see Fruits Basket has a bit of a dark side. Now it really hasen't given any thing away yet and I owne every vol. avalibal
well I won't give any thing away read it your self.

also don't read it unless your ready to invest Do NOT start reading this manga They haven't even finished it in Japan I think they are on 20 or so and we are on 13 but the wait and money is well worth it.

It has been almost 4 month since I've read a new one its like cutting of my supply of air :animecry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest temari64
I saw the Fruits Basket anime before I started reading the manga. My sister's boyfriend had it and said I'd like it. It's a great series and while it's more of a shojo, guys can enjoy it too.
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]temari64[/B] It?s great that you like Fruits Basket but perhaps you could have explained a little of why you liked it? Your currently post is close to being considered spam. Once you've re-read the rules this will make more sense. So please put more effort into your posts. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I Haven't seen any of the anime I am trying to focaus on the manga. If you liked the anime I am positive you'll love the manga.

we love shonen that love shojo! haha :animenose
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]JapanGirl[/B] It?s great that you like Fruits Basket but perhaps you could have explained a little of why you liked it? Your currently post is close to being considered spam as there is very little content regarding the actual manga. Once you've re-read the rules this will make more sense. So please put more effort into your posts. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I just started reading Fruits Basket, and I'm continually upset that my library never has the volume I'm on. I ended up skipping the fourth volume and reading five and six, but don't worry, its on hold. I enjoy FB cause it has a bit of romance (that's all you'll find out about me on that subject) but it also has alot of funny stuff in there - especially when Kyo's around. It also has just a few sneak peeks into future volumes - like I'm still wondering what Yuki's problem is (was?). But don't spoil it for me unless its not in the manga. Much as I enjoy anime my mom would kill me and then some if she found any anime inside our house. She barely lets me read mangas! Holy crap!!! :animestun

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Well... I have the Fruits Basket anime collection and all the mangas up to date from volumes 1 through 13 so... it's been a rough ride between me getting them all and the problems going on between Tohru and the Zodiac Curse. :/

I would have to say that I am a bit fustrated over the way Takaya-san always leaves you hanging just when you wanted to figure something out... especially when it's talking about something important to the series plot. The latest plot I'm really obssessed with is with the end of Volume 13, where [spoiler]Nabe-kun tells Yuki that he's intrested with Tohru and especially Yuki. Also dealing with that, Hanajima says that she's seen Tohru with Nabe somewhere in her life.[/spoiler] I read back on all the past volumes, but couldn't find anything.... so I guess I'll have to wait until the future volumes come out.. T^T I hate it but also love it when that happens.

Furuba is a series that deals with every inner emotion you have in your body. All the characters make you feel as if you want to comfort them in any way possible because of their past hurts. The Sohma's particularly have no freedom because of the curse... and that makes me love it even more. Also, with the romance between almost everyone (lol), humor around every corner, sadness and pain in almost every chapter... and anything else you can think of. If you're looking for an action packed manga with a good plot, Fruits Basket is a good place to start.

And by the way.... the hot guys addict me, too. Specially [spoiler]Kureno[/spoiler] and Hatori.. :3--[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Oh man i love fruits basket, i mean it was like the first real manga that i started to stay with. the plot was great and so were the characters. The thing i liked most about the manga is that it included so many different genres. I mean just like the chcaracters state about the anime that they all watch, Mogeta, the story of Fruits Basket contains comedy, drama, romance and action, what more can you ask for from a manga? I mean really, all i no is that as soon as i started reading it i couldnt put it down. I am totally obsessed owning not only the whole manga series and anime but 2 shirts and a pster as well. Anywho interested in ready a good manga should definatly pick this up today.

• 4 weeks later...
I just finished volume seven (very suprised that my library had it) and was suprised that Hiro was such a... a... was so.... cruel. I understand why, I mean, because he didn't like Tohru, but I think that if I was her, I would've beaten the heck out of him by the first or maybe the second time! But that's just me. Tohru's just too sweet. And I like how Kyo is trying to protect Tohru, and it seems like Yuki notices alot. Or maybe its just me.... Anyways, I wanna read more, So I definitaly recommend it!! (Again)

Guest PirogoethKamiya
I've read up to volum 13, and will get the fourteenth volume when I have enough money. They have a place where you can read it online [I forgot the URL, forgive me...], and I read parts of the later volumes, too... :animeknow They have some interesting things ahead...

Well, I've read up to Vo. 19 and chapter 130 in summaries...FB was actually the first manga that I started collecting...I have all the books that have come out as of yet, except for Vol. 1, 3 and 14 (it should be out sometime this montht, I think) The music in the anime is good too. [I]Fruits Basket: Memory For You[/I] is a really good CD ^^ But I honestly prefer the manga because it's longer, more great characters and absolutely [I]brilliant[/I] plot twists! (Chapters 98 and 99......still can't believe it)

[url]http://www.shadow.randomfandom.com/fb/summary/ch131.htm[/url] is a good summary site for the later chapters.

I cannot stress how wonderful Furuba is. This series is funny, serious and thought provoking. This series, in both manga and anime forms is really worth your time and money, and can appeal to both guys and girls! Do yourself a favor and buy it!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Malikfan28
Furuba is an excelent manga, for guys and girls. worry not about your manhood my friend. :catgirl: Heck, Im a chick and I like shonen manga and shojou as well.

For those who might be reading scans it has been announced thar chapter 132 to be released on the 5th of September will be the final chapter in the series. I've love reading every bit of this manga and am gonna miss not waiting for more.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PrincessxBerry
I love Fruit basket!!!!!! Never watched the anime but read the magna!!!!!!!
I think Tohru and Kyo should be together....Maybe they do, Since I think yuki likes that girl from his student council thing......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
well i somehow just manage to pick this manga out of nowhere...i remember just seeing pictures of it on a newtype magazine but never decided to read the article (only cause that magazine is expensive and at the time i was short on cash) so since i saw the picture i decided to pick it up when i was looking for a new series to read......man i was totally surprised at how moving the story is.... i didnt even know what shojo was until i about .....volume 5.... i love how sad this manga can be. and i really do hope for the best with tohru and everyone else...i read up to volume 13 and at the moment cant read on since im in iraq. but i cant wait to see how the story ends.
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]only1specialed[/B], here at OtakuBoards, we greatly emphasize the concept of having clear, easy to read posts. This includes correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation. If a member is posting with very poor quality, they will be asked to clean up their future posts. If the member persists in posting poorly, they will be banned from the site. Please work on your post quality as it just makes it easier for other members to understand what you are trying to say. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Ani Mae
:catgirl: I went to Books~A~Million today and thought about buying Fruits Basket too. But didn't because I wanted something for us older fans. Which is a shame because the tv series is extremly good. Is it just for girls? Not really. It's also really funny. In the t.v. show, [spoiler]one of the characters proves his hair color is his natural color by taking a boy in the bathroom. You can only imagine what he showed.[/spoiler] :catgirl:

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]Try to stay on topic, mkay? This is a thread for discussing the Fruits Basket manga, not the anime. If you wish to talk about the anime, you can do so in the thread in the Anime Lounge. Also, when talking about things that have happened in the series that others may not have gotten to yet, please use spoiler tags to hide them as I've done in your post. :) -Kei[/color][/size][/b]

oh some one else got in trouble. Yeah that scene happens in the manga too. Not sure if the moderator guy knew that..... anyway i like how the manga involves all the zodiac animals. what i really want to know is what happened between :animeangr [spoiler] rin and haru. I didnt even know he had a girlfriend until he mentioned it[/spoiler] :animesigh i also wanna know whats gonna happen to kyo. especially after :mad: [spoiler] he graduates high and has defeated yuki[/spoiler] :animesigh

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Arial]i've read fruits basket before, and i really like it. It gives me a good laugh some times, but it's not all humor, the plot of it is actually really good and kind of..complicated i guess? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
well i'm a girl so i dk if it's only meant for girls or not, but all of my friends who read it are girls, so i'm not sure. but you should give it a shot anyway [/COLOR] [/FONT] :p

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Verdana][size=2]Ahhh...It is a good series! The ending is especially good! [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Yet they haven't released the last few yet. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I think there's around 22 volumes? I'm not sure. [/size][/font]

• 3 months later...
[QUOTE=makuno][font=Verdana][size=2]Ahhh...It is a good series! The ending is especially good! [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Yet they haven't released the last few yet. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I think there's around 22 volumes? I'm not sure. [/size][/font][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Sienna]
Did you read the manga online? I've tried looking for places to read it but so far I haven't had any luck. I have a real problem with waiting for manga to come out. Volume 15 was just released in the US so I'm [I]way[/I] behind.[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wolfmaster224
[QUOTE=Xander Harris]While looking at manga in Barnes and noble today, I say something that looks kinda cool called 'Fruits Basket'. I actually have never bought manga before, just anime, but this one looked kinda fun, because it says on the back that it is an unusual mix of humor and sci-fi/fantasy and a little romance and such. Sounds funny. Also, I saw the anime of this mentioned on Deathbug's website, and he is cool :cool: I could use a good laugh. I decided not to buy it, though, until I knew more about it.

I also didn't buy it because I couldn't tell if it was intended for girls or not. I wouldn't want to buy something and then find out it was a girl's comic, and feel my manhood slipping away ;) .

So anyhow, has anyone else read this series? Is it any good? Would it be worth my money or not? Is it for girls? Inform me![/QUOTE]

Furuba (as known as by us fans) is NOT only for girls. Actually boys might enjoy Rin (not going into that...) But it is really funny and full of romance for those girls. Although, it is a little twisted. :smirk: So read it, or get it at a local library. That's how I did it. :animesmil

Furits Basket used to be online on Spectrum Nexus, but the guy took it down (because Tokyopop asked him to). Ah well...
And now furuba is finished in Japan...I downloaded the last chapter in raw format. ^_^ I can pick out a few phrases but its still really hard, because the japanese characters are bluured so I can't sound it out. I hate kanji...

• 3 weeks later...
well that's not the only place it's up.. and there are 136 chapters total, if anyone didn't know... all but the last chapter has been scanlated and that should be out soon *joy*. anyway, i loved this manga... it's definitely better than the anime, though i think in part that's because it's actually FINISHED now and not just a series cobbled together from the first few volumes of the manga.

Besides, the manga has so much more character development, and all-around soap opera-y goodness i.e.[spoiler] *ramble*oh wait, sorry we forgot to mention but akito-san's actually a girl and she's sleeping with shigure AND his brother kureno (which makes inu-chan jealous) so he's sleeping with her mom (who of course she hates) to get back at her... oh and then she tries to kill poor kureno-san... after pushing rei down a bunch of stairs for being with haru.... oh and kureno-san's curse has been broken for like ever... but hardly anyone knows... and OF COURSE he has a thing for uo-chan... but he's with akito-san...i could go on but i bet noone read this anyway and it's all so [I]very[/I] dramatic..* /ramble*[/spoiler] (drama, drama, DRAMA... and then back to the happy....) oh, and [spoiler]when tohru-chan saw kyo-kun after she got out of hospital and ran away... that was the best moment ever! :) did she really think she'd get away? :) [/spoiler] all in all, it's a really great manga, lots of different elements to the story to keep all sorts of different readers intrigued.. hot girls (well at least one.. rei...), bishie guys (was the hotness to make up for the curse?), drama, random stabbings and almost-stabbings,...
it is kinda complicated, and there's a really huge cast... uh.. lets see.. 12+1+1+3+2+1=20.. so, more than 20... but it's totally worth it imho. i give it a download it now...;) and the anime (i know i know but it's only one line..) a crackers... (if you didn't get that, a somewhat sincere gomen) hm.. this wasn't a long post at all was it?

well i did just finish reading it so all this stuff is floating around in my otherwise empty brain...

end.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Britz0ers
Fruits Basket is awesome. but to warn you, if you buy one your going to want to keep buying them. There-s 16 out. and there suppose to be 22 in total, alot of money. I have all 16, They are amazing, worth the money.

Guest mew diva
thas so sorry you didn't buy it . it's just one of the best manga's ever :catgirl:
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]mew diva[/B], please put more effort into your posts. For example you could have explained a bit as to why you think it's one of the best manga's. Post quality is important here at OtakuBoards, posts like this that do little to add to the conversation are considered spam. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]