OtakuBoards

Fruits Basket?

Xander Harris

fruits basket rocks!! the story is just wonderful. it has a lot of funny scenes and scenes that are so romantic. my favortie charater in fruits basket is kyo sohma hatsuharu shoma and hatori sohma. i dont really like akito because hes just plain evil and tortures the sohmas. i love the art of fruits basket. i say this the best shojo manga ive ever read :animesmil i cant wait til the next vol. of fruits basket comes out.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='kyogrl']fruits basket rocks!! the story is just wonderful. it has a lot of funny scenes and scenes that are so romantic. my favortie charater in fruits basket is kyo sohma hatsuharu shoma and hatori sohma. i dont really like akito because hes just plain evil and tortures the sohmas. i love the art of fruits basket. i say this the best shojo manga ive ever read :animesmil i cant wait til the next vol. of fruits basket comes out.[/quote]

Yeah i agree!!! i dunno if it's shojo...it doesn't really seem that shojo to me although i guess thats wat it's catagorized as...i like kyo!!!!! i think kyo and tohru shoould end up together!!!!! YAY cat...

Furuba (or Fruits Basket, whichever u prefer)
is a really great anime!
Yes, i must say, it is rather girly...not towards its shoujo or anything though!
Though, u really do have to read it from beginning, cuzz its pretty confusing if u just
go pick out volume 6 (teehee) and begin reading it...god knows it took me days to get it...and then i had to read some info about it on the computer!...Okies...sorries..
But it is great! Trust me :catgirl: kitty!!...o.O

well i wouldnt consider fruits basket the best anime/manga there is but i hafta admit it is VERY cute XD i absolutely ADORE episode 10 in the anime .... and ....well kyo and yuki too XD but NOBODY CAN BEAT CLOUD STRIFE!!! :animesmil :animesmil :animesmil

Guest Freaky Girl
Read it. Its art might be a bit simple but its very nice and cute. I guess if your a bit interested than watch the anime first. If you like the anime, then you'll probably like the manga better. The manga does go on for a while, 18 volumes so far.... and i don't think this is finished yet... (BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO EEENNNNDDDDD :animecry: )
There is a twist in the story.... it makes it more interesting *nods* oh yeah, I'm pretty sure its shojo, but WHO CARES!!! READ WHAT YOU WANT TO READ!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[size=1][b]MindGrinder[/b]: You should've put that in spoiler tags. People, like me, didn't know that yet. I don't believe it is that hard to put things in spoiler tags, just do [*spoiler*]insert whatever here[*/spoiler*] without the * in it, and it'll come out as: [spoiler]insert whatever here[/spoiler].

Anyways. I really do like Fruits Basket. Although, I must say I am much more attached to the anime than the manga. The manga's art doesn't seem to attract me so. Plus, I got hooked on that series through the anime first, because the anime was released with FUNimations before Tokyopop released it dubbed. :animeswea

The story line is so good, and the use of the zodiac story is cute, too. I am also hoping for a season two to appear, if not, then that'd be rather sad.

I've read up to volume 12 of Fruits Basket or so. Heh.[/size]

well i'd say furuba has got to be the best anime/manga out there!!! it totally rocks!!!! [spoiler]especially the whole haru/rin story. i think its kind of sad that they cant be together , but i also think its brave of rin to protect haru like that![/spoiler] im a yer of the horse so i should know!!!:D

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]In the future when you're talking about important plot points that someone else who is reading the series may not have gotten to yet, please use spoiler tags, thanks. -Lady K[/color][/size][/b]

Guest A568793
[QUOTE=hey_love][size=1][b]MindGrinder[/b]: You should've put that in spoiler tags. People, like me, didn't know that yet. I don't believe it is that hard to put things in spoiler tags, just do [*spoiler*]insert whatever here[*/spoiler*] without the * in it, and it'll come out as: [spoiler]insert whatever here[/spoiler].

Anyways. I really do like Fruits Basket. Although, I must say I am much more attached to the anime than the manga. The manga's art doesn't seem to attract me so. Plus, I got hooked on that series through the anime first, because the anime was released with FUNimations before Tokyopop released it dubbed. :animeswea

The story line is so good, and the use of the zodiac story is cute, too. I am also hoping for a season two to appear, if not, then that'd be rather sad.

I've read up to volume 12 of Fruits Basket or so. Heh.[/size][/QUOTE]
U r right it kind of spoiled the end 4 me, but i'm over it;) I love fruits basket too!!! I've never really seen the anime, I've only read the manga. So far Ilike it, although it can sometimes get a little confusing. If they do a second season of the anime then I'll B sure 2 watch it!(fron the begining;)

[color=darkblue][size=1]Yes, when discussing pivotal plot elements, using spoiler tags is definitely recommended. Remember, not everyone may have read as far as you have. I'll be fixing it so that anyone else hwo comes across this won't be able to see it.

Also, A568793, please take a look at our rules and guidelines for members (a quick link to which can be found in the handy-dandy left-hand navigation bar). In it, you'll find that we encourage our members to use proper English grammar and spelling, not internet shorthand. ^^[/color][/size]

the manga absolutely rocks, it's my favourite manga in the whole, world, well next to Cowboy Bebop Shooting star anyway.

it has an emotional sence about it that doesn't make you want to puke, which is pretty rare for anything with a romantic theme, well for me anyway.

but seriously i recon its heaps bettter than the anime, damn that didn't go long enough. when are they going to make more.

i can't wait for more fruits basket to hit the shelves, i'm only up to 13 and the suspence is killing me.

I love fruits basket. i especially like Kisa cuz shes soooo cute, in tiger and human form. i also like kyo(guess i have a thing for cats) :animesmil :catgirl: i despise Akito he is so mean i cant believe anyone could like him. i started watching fruits basket then started reading the manga it was so awseome i cant wait until vol 13 comes out. till then i guess

• 2 weeks later...
fruits basket is an awsome manga and anime but i personally like the manga better than the show. i like the art and themes of the story. and the story awesome. the charaters are also awesome. my favorite characters in fruits basket are kyo yuki tohru arisa hanajima kisa adn most of the zodiacs. fruits basket is the all time best manga in the world maybe not in the world but its my #1 favorite manga to read!!!

Guest Stafal-chan
I love Furuba ^_^ i have all books up to 12... Kyo's my fav... i really..just don't like Yuki though.. he annoys me...Shigure's funny! i haven't watfched the anime but i hate when anime's tend to change things around. they do it all the time in InuYasha.. like the character Ayame in the anime doesn't exist in the book and sometimes i heard anime's even get different endings than the books which is weird...Fruits Basket is the best ^_^ hee hee i hope Kyo and Tohru end up together!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amy_chan
fruits basket is the greatest!!!
it has a very good story line except they get carried away abit with the mother(taking the photography to the springs) its abit werid. still good though

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stafal-chan
heyy how many books long is Furuba??? b/c i fit pulls an InuYasha and goes over 30 i'll be sooo pissed b/c when i start a series i insist on having every book in the series...and startign InuYasha which is going on 47 is killing me money wise...and i hope Furuba is n't really long (maybe it's OCD i dunno...or it's like a bad habit???...*shurgs* w/e)

[quote name='Stafal-chan']heyy how many books long is Furuba??? b/c i fit pulls an InuYasha and goes over 30 i'll be sooo pissed b/c when i start a series i insist on having every book in the series...and startign InuYasha which is going on 47 is killing me money wise...and i hope Furuba is n't really long (maybe it's OCD i dunno...or it's like a bad habit???...*shurgs* w/e)[/quote]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]It's supposed to be around 16 or 20 volumes. I don't know if that's the right answer, but I read it somewhere in a reliable resource, so that's probably true. Although, knowing how much plot twists and secrets in Furuba, it's kind of hard to say right now.. n.n;

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest Stafal-chan
[QUOTE=Keyblade Wielder][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]It's supposed to be around 16 or 20 volumes. I don't know if that's the right answer, but I read it somewhere in a reliable resource, so that's probably true. Although, knowing how much plot twists and secrets in Furuba, it's kind of hard to say right now.. n.n;

<3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

^_^ i really hope it's only 20...when i first checked out Furuba on [url]www.tokyopop.com[/url] it only said 4 books but i figured it would expand...for the longest time it said 14 so i thought there was only 14...then i checked it last week and it said 19 TT_TT manga books are so expensive...it really sucks...

Guest Shinome
[align=center][COLOR=SLATEGREY][FONT=Century Gothic]I love Fruits Basket, but it's very addicting, I can never get enough of it.
I wish the series was longer, since the book mainly [/COLOR][/FONT][spoiler]is pointed towards Tohru and Kyo now. [/spoiler][COLOR=SLATEGREY][FONT=Century Gothic]I'd really like to see more storyline between the other characters. I really hope another series of Furuba books come out to show what happens afterwards.Well, I'll stop before I give anything away. :animeswea[/FONT][/COLOR][/align]

[color=darkblue][size=1][b]I added spoiler tags to a bit of your post that some people might have a tiff over if it wasn't there. -Lady K[/color][/size][/b]

• 1 month later...
Guest Kyo_Babe23
Fruits Basket is awesome. But, the anime is better than the manga. Try either Suncoast Videos or uh, Sam Goody. I think you could find it at either place. I don't know about the manga. It is more geared towards girls but I know plenty of straight guys who DO read it. Hope you enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...
Furuba is brilliant!

I know some people say its better to just watch the anime, but beleive me its well worth it to read the manga. Particually if you get into the romance of it. The manga just has so much more depth, and you find out much more about the curse. That is a point though; it is very long. - 20ish books in Japan - (Please someone correct me)

The 13th book was released last month in English (I think).