OtakuBoards

Fruits Basket?

Xander Harris

I've already seen the anime first, and I know there's more to the manga as I started reading it just in the last week. Anyway, I've really enjoyed finally reading the manga since I've enjoyed the stuff that was left out. Like a couple of fights between [spoiler]Yuki and Kyo[/spoiler] Those are just priceless. I'm curious to see how things go in the manga since I understand that Akito is actually a [spoiler]woman and not a man[/spoiler]

By far my favorite character so far is the perverted Shigure. Him and his little [spoiler]High School girls comments and all.[/spoiler] And I'm really hoping there's more on the other zodiac family members who you barely met in the anime.

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BritishPenguin
:animesigh
[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="Sienna"]Well, Fruits Basket is definatly a shojo manga... But it's reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good, and you should read it anyway!![/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=#503F86]I'm a really big fan of Fruits Basket. I even got one of my manga volumes signed by Laura Bailey at an Expo in London last year! Aaah, I was such a nervous nerd >.>;

Anyway, there's a lot in it I can really connect with. It's a very emotionally sound manga that draws on a lot of different insecurities and confronts them. In a sense I find it a very 'hopeful' manga, because I can identify with a lot of the feelings inside it and can really empathise with the characters and their struggles. The designs are really lovely too.

I've not finished reading it yet. I think I'm on volume 15, but I can't be sure.

I'd like to see a second season animated. I know that's incredibly unlikely, but it would be cool ^_^[/COLOR]

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]I'm a really big fan of Fruits Basket. I even got one of my manga volumes signed by Laura Bailey at an Expo in London last year! Aaah, I was such a nervous nerd >.>;

Anyway, there's a lot in it I can really connect with. It's a very emotionally sound manga that draws on a lot of different insecurities and confronts them. In a sense I find it a very 'hopeful' manga, because I can identify with a lot of the feelings inside it and can really empathise with the characters and their struggles. The designs are really lovely too.

I've not finished reading it yet. I think I'm on volume 15, but I can't be sure.

I'd like to see a second season animated. I know that's incredibly unlikely, but it would be cool ^_^[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

really? i'm on book 15 goin on 2 16! i don't want 2 read it on the internet cause sometimes ppl fill the words in withe something else and it's just more fun reading them in the real book but sometimes i can't stand the suspense!:animestun

[COLOR="Indigo"]I'm a fan of Fruits Basket, although I'm not as big a fan as with Rave Master. I enjoy reading the books more than the anime because I can imagine what the voices are like.:catgirl: I get mine from the library, I don't buy them. I'm really more interested in buying cds. but if a volume of fruits basket is good enough, I [I]may[/I] buy it.[/COLOR]

• 4 months later...
This is my favorite manga. It really is more for girls (I think) than guys. It emphasizes the romance and hunor, but has strong fantasy themes. Its about this girl, who has always felt like an outcast, getting accepted by this strange family who turns into animals of the zodiac when people of the opposite gender hug them!

I've watched all the anime I can find online and am currently buying the manga. Lots of fun, so worth it!!