OtakuBoards

Sorry baby, you're not my type.

Adahn

[size=2]I was browsing MSNBC just now and came across something I couldn't help but share with all you wonderful people. Our friends over in Asia have a long-standing tradition of categorizing people by their [color=red][b]blood type.[/b][/color][color=black] One nice little fact is that 40% of the women polled where this is popular said they did not want to marry a man with Type-B blood. Here's the website if you'd like to take a [/color][color=navy][url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7544975/"][color=darkolivegreen]look[/color][/url][color=darkolivegreen].[/color] [/color][color=black]In my opinion, it's absolutely ridiculous, and I'm sure you all agree. So, in the hopes of generating some discussion, I raise a question.[/color][/size]

[size=2]In the dating scheme, what (if any) possibly unreasonable criteria do you have when looking for a relationship? Do horoscopes hold sway with you? Are there certain little things that may not have an effect on someone's personality, but they influence how you perceive someone anways?[/size]

[size=2]I'm currently in a permanent relationship, so these questions don't really apply to me, but it would be interesting to hear what [b][color=red]Y[/color][color=silver]O[/color][/b][color=navy][b]U[/b][/color][color=black] have to say (imagine Uncle Sam pointing at you). I apologize to anyone who doesn't appreciate my random patriotism.[/color][/size]

[B]I'm asian but I don't have anything against blood type. My mother said it's bad if you marry by someone whose blood type is 'A'...and I was like what those that have to do with anything? They say that if your blood type is a certain uhh..how do I say this..type? Well they say that you act a certain way. In my opinion, I do care what blood type you are as long as you are you.

And you don't have to apologize for your random patriotism. :D [/B]

I think that when it comes to stuff like relationships theres people that you just click with and you like them for who they are just like what innocent said. Me and my girlfriend have been going out for 2 years and we love each other deeply even though her dad hates me, dont know why though he just doe lol.

[quote name='chaoschris89']I think that when it comes to stuff like relationships theres people that you just click with and you like them for who they are just like what innocent said. Me and my girlfriend have been going out for 2 years and we love each other deeply even though her dad hates me, dont know why though he just doe lol.[/quote]
[size=1]I daresay he hates you because you're stealing his daughter from him.

Some things I discriminate against. I really don't like short hair. Whiny voices are a no-no....uum. I don't actually think there is anything seemingly random or disconnected that I discriminate on though. Except for them damn Type A blooders... >_>[/size]

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']I daresay he hates you because you're stealing his daughter from him.[/size][/quote]
[size=1]I daresay you're right. ^_^

I have absolutely no physical boundaries with women. I don't much care what race you are, what body type you are, what color your eyes are, or anything else. All that matters is what kind of a person you are.

I can't date anyoe that isn't open minded. Close minded people get on my nerves to no end. Also anyone that is fantically religious is a major turnoff. I also like to be able to talk and discuss things with my significant other. Communication and philosophical coversations are key.[/size]

Mmm...I admit that I often discriminate...when it comes to age. Older men are fine, even if they are significantly older. But younger men...I generally tend to shy away. I suppose it's because...most of the guys that I have met who are younger, tend to still party...a lot. That's just fine, but I feel like I've all ready moved past that faze in my life. They'd probably still want to go to bars and clubs, and I've all ready had enough.

At the same time, I realize this isn't true of ALL younger men. But I can't help it...

I do have a thing about sun signs and the zodiac. It's not that I won't date someone who is considered incompatible with my sun sign, but when I find out a birthday, I look up the coresponding sign in my astrology books. Silly, I know. While there are some similiarities, I think it's just ridiculous to say that your birthday determines who you are.

Or blood type for that matter...

[COLOR=Indigo]Who the hell cares for blood type?! That study is purely rediculous. Blood is blue until it hits oxygen. Then it turns red. It's the same for everyone.

Now,what happens if I were to be with one of those "blood loving hipies" (not being racist) and we loved each other? I tell her that I'm blood type "B". Now, it's...

OH NOOO! BBBBB! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

See my point? Caring for blood type is beyond pointless, it's stupid as hell.[/COLOR]

waaah I'm type A!
I wonder what it is about Type A that's bad.

There may be things about a person that if you knew before you actually got to know them might turn you off - mainly because there are stereotypes about everything and although you don't think it affects you subconsciouly it often will.

Most people overcome the stereotype - if they bother to get to know the person - because stereotypes are never really applicable.

I've had people ditch me when they find out that I'm a geek. as in I love computers, I program, I work for an Internet company and I'd rather play with a spreadsheet than go to a party. But for the ones that stick around they discover that is only part of who I am and there is a lot more to me than that.

I am guilty of turning away from people for a stupid reason. The primary one has been [B]I don't date people from Melbourne[/B].
This one I think came from the fact that I have social anxiety (yes I know, geek ;) ) and it's easier to have a quasi relationship with someone that you don't have to see very much.

After rereading that I've really determined that we can avoid people due to perceived personalities - not due to uncontrollable physical attributes.

well this turned into a long post so I'm stopping now - but yes, it seems crazy not to get to know someone just cause they have a certain thing that is beyond their control!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]I don't even know what blood type I am. Every time I ask my mum she just shrugs. Scary? Yes.

I'm sorry to say I have this little obsession with horoscopes. Not big, I don't go around saying 'I am Capricorn, don't come near me unless you're Scorpio or Virgo' but I do have this little thing where I look for similarities. I mean, ULX is a Libra and we both stand by the fact that we're totally 100% compatible.

Oh, another thing, I have this silly thing that I won't date people who have a certain clothing style or accent. People say I'm a snob, but I really don't care.

In Liverpool, there is a style of clothing that is sports tracksuits and that's it. I think it looks stupid to be wearing an orange tracksuit out when you're shopping. I don't even own a tracksuit and I'd never wear one. Flame me about it all you want, I couldn't really care less.

The accent is another thing. I'm naturally attracted to American accents, it's just a thing with me, same way I have an obsession with Asian boys. But some accents, like the strong Liverpool accent just grates on my nerves.

So, basically: English girl looking for American Scorpio, punk style only, long hair preferable. ^_~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]I have an age limit of about four years up and two years down. Music is very important to me and I have to be able to respect the bands you're into. Not necesserily like them, just respect. I don't date men born in a Hispanic country or raised in an entirely Hispanic family even though I am Hispanic. They tend to be ********, or become ******** once you marry them. I realize it's a huge stereotype but I have my reasons. I lean toward the blonde hair+blue eyes type of man, even though it really doesn't matter if you're nice enough. I don't date men shorter than me because I'm 4'11 and if you're shorter than me you're probably a six year old. I don't date men that weigh less than me because then I'd feel fat and that's not cool. I mean, I don't weigh that much but those wafe hipster kids are pretty anorexic looking and I don't want people to think I'm starving him or anything. I like guys that are nice to their siblings, especially younger ones.

If you're really amazing I could get over most of this, but if I'm basing it all on first impressions then no.[/size]

there is so many insane things people look for when they're searching for a mate, but blood type is definitely one of the most farfetched. I mean c'mon, how often does a person's blood type actually come in play during a relationship? Unless someone needs a transplant or something its really irrelevant to the actual relationship. Its crazy to think that people can actually make a life-changing decision based on a characteristic that really makes no difference.

[quote name='Baron Samedi][SIZE=1']I guess humour is a lost art :rolleyes: [/SIZE][/quote]

As is sarcasm I'm afraid....

I really have no set type of girl I like... totally depends on what I'm after that particular day really. Although I do prefer darker hair and features, as blonde isn't really my thing. One thing is for sure: femenine girls only. Butch isn't my thing at all! This is not to say that I like a submissive/property status type deal, but a woman is a woman and should use her qualities properly. She also has to be able to stimulate me in conversation and be intelligent enough to help work through problems that arise, as she is sort of like a partner on my team for life.

Well since I don't even know my own bloodtype I could care less what another's actually is. The only thing I don't like in a relationship is if the other is deeply religious. Not that I have anything against someone being that way. It's just that usually when I date someone like that they keep trying to change me because I am not religious. So it gets really annoying. It's like they become fixated on getting me active in whatever religion they belong too, even though from the very begining I was honest about the fact that I don't want to be part of a religion right now.

Oh yeah, I won't date someone who smokes. I have sinus problems and smoking makes it ten times worse. :animesigh And I don't like drinking either since my brother was killed by a drunk driver.

Mostly I look for personality traits when I am considering being more serious with someone. :animesmil

I agree with your SunfallE about religious relationships. I've actually had someone completely stop talking to me because I told them I was an athiest. Its terrible to think what could've been and that it was ruined because I had different beliefs then her. But it drives me crazy when someone trys to conform you to their religion. Not only in religious relationships, but life as well. I mean, you can have whatever religion you want, but you don't need to advertise it and you don't need to press it on me. Shirts that say "I Love God" are just not needed, I don't walk around with a shirt on that says "I Have No Religion." However, after seeing shirts that promote religion, I'm compelled to buy one that says "I Don't Care." Feeling pressured is one of the worst feelings in the world, especially in relationships. It makes you defensive and irrational.

As for blood type, I don't know mine either. Which is what I said in my other post, how often does this truly come into play? Never.

My type like most girls used to be what kind of guy could piss my parents off the most! but that never worked as they annoyed me as well! Now the think I look for in guys is facial hair sound shallow but if they have good facial hair and a good personalitly thats me hooked!! :animestun

But its meant to be that guys usally tend to go with girls that have same traits as their mum and girls tend to go with guys like their dads!

So that means I'll go with a guy that can cook, makes bad jokes and a coffee addict...hmm sounds a tad like me!

As for the blood in N.Ireland 50% of people that give blood are o type same as me so I don't have much to worry about. :animesmil

[QUOTE=Corey][size=1]I daresay you're right. ^_^

I have absolutely no physical boundaries with women. I don't much care what race you are, what body type you are, what color your eyes are, or anything else. All that matters is what kind of a person you are.

I can't date anyoe that isn't open minded. Close minded people get on my nerves to no end. Also anyone that is fantically religious is a major turnoff. I also like to be able to talk and discuss things with my significant other. Communication and philosophical coversations are key.[/size][/QUOTE]

HAHA! I agree with you on the religious thing...however...I'm in a wierd situation. My g/f is well a bible thumper...she'seven going on a crusade if you will this summer to convert people and such...*shakes head* But forsome reason I love arguing about the topic og God with her and everything. I guess that bood Pride and prejudice had a point. Intelectual challenges can be as attractive as good looks...Luckily she has both. Sadly, she still tries to make me go to church with her. :animestun

My preference with girls is as such...smokers...yuck..not thanks its a turn off. If I wanted to kiss a cigarette I'd be a smoker too...Also I'll admit it...physical attractiveness does play a minor role...I just can't imagine seeing someone that for some reason or another doesn't attract me. Im not saying they are ugly...just saying that there has to be something that catches my eye or tickles my fansy...Besides all of that...Im not too picky...so basically if you laugh at my lame jokes you're a saint to me heh... :D

[QUOTE][QUOTE]...so basically if you laugh at my lame jokes you're a saint to me heh... [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Even if its a pity laughs? lol

The whole reilgion thing doesn't work for me cause one of my ex was uber religious!
It started of ok until he join a christian group and his friends kept telling me I was "evil for leading their friend down the path of sin and debauchery" :animestun
and then he turned on me because I drank and somehow me being an athiest was wrong!

Reilgion in a relationship I think can work if both parties [COLOR=Red]DON'T[/COLOR] force each other to convert to theirs!

[QUOTE=Fairy Dust]Even if its a pity laughs? lol

The whole reilgion thing doesn't work for me cause one of my ex was uber religious!
It started of ok until he join a christian group and his friends kept telling me I was "evil for leading their friend down the path of sin and debauchery" :animestun
and then he turned on me because I drank and somehow me being an athiest was wrong!

Reilgion in a relationship I think can work if both parties [COLOR=Red]DON'T[/COLOR] force each other to convert to theirs![/QUOTE]

Heh, I'll take whatever I can get!

Actually we both are always trying to convert each other...I don't know why but it just works. We just love testing eachothers will and knowledge. Besides, if her friends started calling me evil I'd probably give them some smart remark...OH! Like God loves a sinner...which is true >.> apparhently. That and it takes alot to get on my nerves. :p

[size=1]They're like starsigns in Asia, but it's hilarious when my mom freaks out over having a parking space stolen [in San Francisco, it's like having someone order the last Big Mac in a [url=http://www.mensfitness.com/rankings/200]Detroit/Houston[/url] McDonalds] and she says 'THAT PERSON HAS TO BE A NEGATIVE B TYPE ROAR'.[/size]