OtakuBoards

I Got One!!!

NorykoAngelcry

WOOHOO!!!!! I got my GAMECUBE!!!

At 2:30 am, I camped outside of Target and waited for 8:00am to come. Finally it did. . and I was first in line with my good friend Steve, both there to get one!! *Does the happy dance*

They didn't have Extreme G3, but I got Madden, Star Wars!!!, and Luigi's Mansion. I am soooooo excited. . going to play now, while Steve hooks it up. He is giving me first dibs, since I have been waiting the longest - what a great friend!!

anyways. . even though I have not been posting much lately, I will now be posting even less, as I will be sucked into non-existance by my new GAMECUBE!! WOOHOO!!

(Post your other morning experiences here) ^_^ Will post more about my day later, kk, bye~

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]WOOHOO!!!!! I got my GAMECUBE!!!

At 2:30 am, I camped outside of Target and waited for 8:00am to come. Finally it did. . and I was first in line with my good friend Steve, both there to get one!! *Does the happy dance*

They didn't have Extreme G3, but I got Madden, Star Wars!!!, and Luigi's Mansion. I am soooooo excited. . going to play now, while Steve hooks it up. He is giving me first dibs, since I have been waiting the longest - what a great friend!!

anyways. . even though I have not been posting much lately, I will now be posting even less, as I will be sucked into non-existance by my new GAMECUBE!! WOOHOO!!

(Post your other morning experiences here) ^_^ Will post more about my day later, kk, bye~ [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][size=1]Lucky you! :)

I'm jealous -- I won't be buying a GameCube until March. :(

I hope you have fun with your GameCube. Be sure to tell us all what you think of your new games :)[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo][size=1]Lucky you! :)

I'm jealous -- I won't be buying a GameCube until March. :(

I hope you have fun with your GameCube. Be sure to tell us all what you think of your new games :)[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

James, awful that you can't get it today =( The ones at the Target and Best Buy both sold out FAST. A very good sign for Nintendo, and I am sure once the churches around town let out, that there will be many many more that will sold in a mear matter of moments.

Ok, so we were sitting around my friend Jay's house, and finished watching the Tech TV little special program that they had for the GAMECUBE (had it recorded from their Friday's airing). Well. . that pushed me over the top, and I knew that I had to go camp it out then and there. Well, we made a few runs to several different houses, trying to get all the needed munchies and assorted Gameboy Advance games so we could play while waiting.

The most important item we grabbed was my video camera ^_^ We recorded many 'quick segments' and I will go back and edit that later, making it way awesome to watch. Anyways, it wasn't till about 5:30 that the next person showed up, and soon after, they came in a decent and steady stream. All in all, there were about 40 people there. . blowing my mind. I was amazed it was going to do that well, but at the same time, was not going to expect anything less from a Nintendo release =)

(Target gave away a free tripod seat for the purchase, hehe)

Well. . got to play Rogue Squadren. . and WOW. . on surround sound, this is a TRULY stunning game, both in gameplay, and in sound and fun and everything else. Going to try out Madden 2001, since they didn't have Extreme G3 =( But it is a good multi-player, so I don't care at all ^_^

Long live GAMECUBE!!

[color=indigo][size=1]That's really cool...sounds like fun.

I always preorder my systems (unless I get them a month or two after launch) so that I do'nt have to camp out.

But I remember the night I bought my N64...on the night before launch. I went to the store at about 11pm (they were selling their preorders that evening) and there was a HUGE crowd both in and around the store.

It was really exciting.

And preordering is so worth it -- I walked away with everything that I had ordered. The others were left to fight over the scraps lol.[/size][/color]

I went about 30 minutes before the store opened. Obviously there was a huge crowd. I began sneaking until I was #36 in line:devil: ...Then the doors opened:

I ran as fast as I could. I dived and got a Memory Card just before the Pack of Fans came in. I got a Black Controller that was cleverly hidden. Then I punched my way to the line, where I paid for those things + the console + Rogue Leader...

You guys are so lucky, where I live they don't sell them at the stores, but on line so "Everybody gets a fair chance to buy one". PM me if you want more details. So that's what I had to do, and If I could I would go camp out. I think it's worth doing at least once, but I will tell you that for sure when I do it.

You guys are lucky.

If Im lucky, I will get one fro christmas. I wish I could have camped out. Bad thing is. I have no car, and no job. And no one I know is going to get up at 2:30 am to go up there with me so even if I did i would be by myself. I hope they dont all sell out, I need to tell my parents to go ahead and purchase one for christmas. It sux being 16 and you dont have a car. :mad:

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i worked this am... we werent allowed to get them mandated by nintendo :(, but that is cool im waiting for spice anyway :)... but i did leave w/ some stuff... like all our posters... had to call my mom and have her bring my van... the one is bigger than i am ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Can I ask you something, NorykoAngelcry?? Thanks: Why would you camp outside of Target at 3:00am when the shop opens at 8:00am???

But you sure are lucky. I doubt I will be getting one, I wish I could though. [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL, totally good question, as I was asked that all day by both employees(many who laughed at us when they saw us) and customers who came up. To be honest. I have no REAL reason why. . I was bored, friends wanted to stick in a really awful movie, most people were already heading out, and I just figured 'why not' :D

We grabbed the needed supplies and everything from random houses. When we first got there, it was Steve and I (getting GAMECUBES) followed by Paul and his g/f Steph. At about 5:00am, my brother showed up, wanting to see if I was actually camping out, LOL. Well, Jay called up later, and wanted to swing by, since he couldn't get to sleep =P Jay and I have a problem sleeping before the sun comes up, LOL. After another hour, Chris (my brother) left, and Jay decided to seek warm air in his car. Finally around 6:30am, the manager came out of Target and told us the run down. He said they had 40ish units, and would give tickets, first come first serve to everyone. By this time there were not too many people, so we were all ok with this. He told us once we have a ticket, that we HAD a GAMECUBE, so that just added to our euphoria ^_^ since we knew we didn't have to fight hordes of children to get it, LOL. Well, around 7:00am, they let us in the store, and we waited near the food court till 8:00am. The manager then called the first ten of us, and we all happily walked down, and grabbed our spot in line according to numbers. I was first ^_^ coming at 2:30am helps a bit. I walked up, picked out my games - Luigi's Mansion, Star Wars Rogue Squadren 2: Rogue Leader, and Madden 2001 (since Extreme G3 wasn't out :bawl: Then I went to the controllers, and grabbed - Spice - which was hidden (sweet), Jet Black, an Indigo with a transparent backing. I FINALLY decided to go with the Indigo GAMECUBE back at the foodcourt, so it was all good for me when I went up there. My only regret was that I got Madden 2001 over Super Monkey Ball :bawl: Maybe I will go back, and tell them that my game is messed up, and want to exchange it? :naughty:

Anyways. . All in all, I would not have given up this experience. I camped out the N64, and the Gameboy Advance, and pleased to say that I have another camp out under my belt :D Rock on Nintendo. . I have to PULL myself away to type here, :D Enjoy everyone who has one, and those who don't :( I am sorry for you. . and hope you get one soon.

Lets see. . Star Wars continues to blow my mind to date. . and I have been playing it A LOT!!

Luigi's Mansion is fun, and I am still learning tricks, secrets, and getting the controls mastered. =)

All in all. . I would say it has to do with the catagory you like more. But in all. . I will bear down and say I LOVE Star Wars the best. Even if you are not a huge Star Wars fan, get this for the amazing graphics, gameplay, sound, and superb challenges it presents to you, as well as the ability to unlock MANY different secrets both pertaining to the game, as well as those that do not. ^_^ Enjoy~

hmm, I was reading the review of luigi's mansion at ign.com and they seem to think that luigi's mansion doesn't even compare to mario 64. I will confess, I believe mario 64 is ranked in the top 5 games ever made for N64, only falling short of (1)Zelda: OoT
(2) Zelda: MM (3) James Bond: The World is Not Enough (4) Mario Kart 64, then comes Mario 64 at number five.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]

That must suck...Can't you import one? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Damn right it does! I need the lovely cublyness... :bawl: I will be ordering a US one hopefully... but then I need american games... so I can't buy mine from shops :bawl:

I DON'T WANT TO WAAIIT!!![/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]hmm, I was reading the review of luigi's mansion at ign.com and they seem to think that luigi's mansion doesn't even compare to mario 64. I will confess, I believe mario 64 is ranked in the top 5 games ever made for N64, only falling short of (1)Zelda: OoT
(2) Zelda: MM (3) James Bond: The World is Not Enough (4) Mario Kart 64, then comes Mario 64 at number five. [/B][/QUOTE]

To be honest, they are two different types of games. . I LOVE Mario64. It was a huge game, and had lots to offer. It is really an adventure game, running all over the worlds, beating the levels by getting stars to unlock more boards.

However, I LOVE Luigi's Mansion. It is a mystery/adventure, where you have to capture ghosts, while finding clues to move on from floor to floor, and door to door. There are tons of secrets wherever you go, and solving how to capture each boss ghost is really fun and challenging.

Compaired to Mario64, Luigi's Mansion is much shorter of a game, but I don't get that repetative feeling yet. All the rooms are different, and the graphics are very, very pleasing. Hearing Luigi hum along to the eerie music is a nice treat, and having him call out "Mario" is fun, even when shrunk. I have played this, and am nearing the end, and will probably play it again a couple times, to master the controls (which I am very close to doing now) so I will be able to capture more secret ghosts easier. ^_^ All in all, with the exception of game length, I have to say this is a very excellent game, and very worth getting.

[QUOTE]To be honest, they are two different types of games. . I LOVE Mario64. It was a huge game, and had lots to offer. It is really an adventure game, running all over the worlds, beating the levels by getting stars to unlock more boards.

However, I LOVE Luigi's Mansion. It is a mystery/adventure, where you have to capture ghosts, while finding clues to move on from floor to floor, and door to door. There are tons of secrets wherever you go, and solving how to capture each boss ghost is really fun and challenging.

Compaired to Mario64, Luigi's Mansion is much shorter of a game, but I don't get that repetative feeling yet. All the rooms are different, and the graphics are very, very pleasing. Hearing Luigi hum along to the eerie music is a nice treat, and having him call out "Mario" is fun, even when shrunk. I have played this, and am nearing the end, and will probably play it again a couple times, to master the controls (which I am very close to doing now) so I will be able to capture more secret ghosts easier. ^_^ All in all, with the exception of game length, I have to say this is a very excellent game, and very worth getting.[/QUOTE]

You're almost near the end?? Gamecube just came out last sunday!! Either you're playing that machine to death, or luigi's mansion is ungodly short. Length is definately something I consider when buying a game, I can't stand beating a game in a week, it drives me crazy! By the way, why is luigi in the mansion in the first place? I mean what is the point of him being there? I could only think that he was looking for mario, but I don't know....

On a side note here, I really hated how they took out fire flowers and mushrooms and super stars out of Mario 64. Those were so much fun! That's the only complaint I had about Mario 64, other than that I loved it!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]

You're almost near the end?? Gamecube just came out last sunday!! Either you're playing that machine to death, or luigi's mansion is ungodly short. Length is definately something I consider when buying a game, I can't stand beating a game in a week, it drives me crazy! By the way, why is luigi in the mansion in the first place? I mean what is the point of him being there? I could only think that he was looking for mario, but I don't know....

On a side note here, I really hated how they took out fire flowers and mushrooms and super stars out of Mario 64. Those were so much fun! That's the only complaint I had about Mario 64, other than that I loved it! [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ok. First, Luigi's Mansion is not THAT long of a game. Why they didn't make it longer is a mystery to me, but I still think it is a very fun game, and enjoy playing it. I only get to play about 2 hours a night, since work and sleep and computer (i.e. these boards) take up the rest of my time :D but I got the hang of the controlls really fast, and love puzzle games, so catching the different ghosts were not too difficult for solve for me. They do make the game very easy to get the hang of, with the exception of the vacuum controls. I use the standard set up, which in my opinion is harder to get the hang of then the sidestep mode. This made getting the majority of the ghosts very hard, as they would slip out of the room before I could catch them. I don't want to give anything away, but the variety of ghosts that you have to catch make this game very appealing, as there are different methods to each one, and some are very difficult to pick up on.

Ok. . . story line time - Luigi won the mansion in a contest. Very suspicious, as you learn soon. You find that Mario ventured into it trying to look for you, and has not been seen since. You are befriended by an odd scientist who is getting too old to run around and capture the ghosts, and gets you to help him. I don't want to ruin any more of the story line, as it is fairly interesting about all that has happened.

I liked Mario. . never really noticed any of those were missing to be honest. LOL, I guess everything else was just too awesome to even care. Not sure that I really have any complaints, besides haveing to go into the same level 6 times to get all the different stars ^_^ but it still rules as a game, and one of my favorites.[/SIZE][/COLOR]