OtakuBoards

The Best teacher you ever had...

Kuramasgrl

My favorite teacher was Mr. Johnston. He inspired me to go into music and acting. He was my band teacher but i saw him on a regular basis everyday. He always had spare food for my friends and i. Please sign my guestbook- [url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/kuramasgrl/guestbook/[/url]

Kuramasgrl, if you are going to link to your myO site please use your signature versus the post itself. Your guestbook has nothing to do with the topic you want to discuss, that's what the signature area is for. Thanks!

Now for my favorite teacher: Mr. Joseph Rogers. He was one of the professors in college. He is extremely popular amongst the student body. After the first day of class he had memorized each and every one of his students. Even today, 10 years after I was in his class, he remembers my name! It really makes you feel special to have an instructor who has hundreds of students remember each and every person's name.

He has this wonderful teaching style that makes learning fun and easy. He was very approachable and never made you feel stressed out durning finals. Each and every one of his tests, quizes and finals all the students went into confident. They weren't easy tests mind you, but as long as you attended class and did the assignments you would be fine. After class his office door was open to just go and hang out and visit.

I wished all my college professors were as cool as Mr. Rogers. He totally rocked. :D

I've actually never had a "favorite teacher." Theres some teachers I like more then others, but they're all still teachers, and still, well, annoying. The qualities I look for in a good teacher are usually not the same thing that qualifies them to be a teacher lol. They're supposed to teach us, but personally, reading from a book is boring. If its something important, then I want it to be related to my real life. I want the teacher to relate to me on an equal level and repsect me so I can respect them. I like loose teachers, not so tense all the time. Knows how to have fun and learn, not just teach us mindless skills.

My favorite person who taught me everything is my parents. They taught me the most important things in life. =P

My favorite school teacher would have to be Mr.Dunham. He was my Civics and History teacher and he was awesome. He always joked around and made us laugh. I see him more as a friend than a teacher because I can talk to him like I'd talk to a friend.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]Oh my...as in teaching me..I would have to say Professor Kinney, my Psychology teacher. Just amazing...really encourages me for the profession which I'm going to persue.

As in favorite overall...gotta say Mrs. Gray in 5th grade...what a crush I had back then...oh well...if only she could see me now;). jk...I'm quite happy with my gf of 2 years:).

And like Xyander said you got your parents whom I took the "good things" from for life...and also God...and everyone else you come into contact with. [/CENTER] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Kairi][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]
As in favorite overall...gotta say Mrs. Gray in 5th grade...what a crush I had back then...[/CENTER] [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Funny...lol We had a hot teacher named Mrs.Gray in grade 5 also..lol grade 6 too=P

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Fixedsys]My 5th grade teacher Mr. Heine. Apparently he was so great a teacher he got in the running for teacher of the year award in Pennsylvania!

He was a big Eagles fan too. Never wear Dallas gear, he's infamous for what he does to it...[/FONT][/COLOR]

The best teacher I ever had would have to be my current Religon teacher, He is my favourite because he has a really and I mean really excellent sense of humour. He is also part of a christian biker gang. He is also really smart and always makes me laugh.

I have to say my 7th grade math teacher, Mr. Galager. He was a funny, nerdy, New Yorker who had aparently been in the Military. He always made up weird stories about his life as examples for math equations. He always joked about his age, and was lighthearted towards mischeif. Unfortuanetally, he would often dissapear for short times because he was prone to heart attacks, though I could have sworn he was under 40. He started to become more strict near the end of the year, but he was still awesome. He gave us a lot of candy...

Funny thing, Im now In eighth grade, and I live a little while away from that area, and go to a different school. One of the Social Studies teachers there is named Mrs. Gallager,and she is a *i*c*. I dont have her as a teacher, but her class once fused with ours to watch a video, and I fell alseep. I awoke to the sound of gunshots as she snapped her fingers beside my head. She had me stand up the rest of the class. And you don't even want to know what she did to the kid who talked back to her...

[color=darkviolet]Man, favorite teacher.... Gods I haven't been in school since 2000.

My third grade teacher Miss Rosica was pretty cool. She let us take turns reading the Bible during morning prayer (I went to a Catholic Elementary school) she told us stories about when she was a kid. We got to take turns doing class readings for different lessons. We even hatched ducks. Ahh those were the days.

My Biology/Chemistry teacher, Mr. M. (The M. was short for Myslovececk, but who wants to say that?) in my junior (chemistry) and senior (biology) years in high school was pretty cool too. He used to tell stories. For example he'd tell our Chemistry class about how he fouind out that birth control isn't 100% effective- that's how his first kid happened. He told us about the time the raccoon attacked him when he was supplementing his teacher's salary in animal control and about the time he fell off a roof and ended up knocked unconcious for 3 days. Gates Chili has some decent teachers-I think they should be cloned.

I don't know who else to add now, but I'm sure I'll think of more later.[/color]

Ooh, tough choices. I would have to say Mrs. Min, my Jr. High science teacher. She was so much fun to have as teacher. For starters you knew she was unique right away. She was around 5'2" tall, and loved it. She used to tell us it was great because she could get tall people to grab things from high shelves for her. She also liked to wear a pair of orange tennis shoes. Yes, I said [i]orange[/i] tennis shoes. He classes we great since she found ways to bring it down to our level at the time. I still remember her trick for making edible candles from an apple and almond slivers.

A more rencent teacher would have to be my college Japanese Language teacher, Makita-sensei. She was always helpful in teaching us, and occasionally gave us little bits of information about Japan and its culture. And she also brought us rice crackers to snack on durning the written portion of our final exam. :D

it is near impossibility to isolate one teacher out of the many i've had and say, "yes, they were the best." therefore, i shall list some who were memorable.

mr. johnson was my chemistry teacher last year. the class was hard. he gave a heavy load of homework nearly every day, he had quizzes often, but although he was a hardass, he had a soft way about it. the class was entirely entertaining, as well, i had a lot of memorable people in the class, and from time to time we got to do labs as well. all-in-all you could tell mr. johnson actually [i]cared[/i] about science as well as teaching, and it made me care - and many other people in the class, no less.

mr. winter is an english teacher as well as the adviser of our school's newspaper. he looks just like johnny depp did in [i]Secret Window[/i] - except he has jet black hair. if you're seeing the image i've conjured, then you'll realize he looks like a writer. and that he is, even if i haven't had the chance to read much of his stuff (he's one of those writers who are really rather secret about their writing - keep it all hush-hush). he's an altogether interesting guy, but i still don't know a lot about him. he actually is kind of mysterious, now that i think about it. this year is his last year at my school, then he'll be going to a bigger city where his wife is making more money and where he'll, undoubtably, make more money. i'll be leaving my school for good this year as well. i'll miss the guy.

mrs. beaudoin is my current ap english teacher. she's said to me that i'm one of the few "do or die" writers she's met in her life. she's constantly amazed by my talent and seems to have a high opinion of me. she also takes a lot of crap from me in her class: i tend to act pretty crazily from time to time, saying the oddest and most ludicrous things. it's amusing. she understands my insanity to lengths, and laughs in amusement too, a sort of shocked amusement at the sorts of things i say. she also has the look of a writer: picture a female mr. winter, maybe. she's got curly locks, only hers aren't golden, but black too. she's got glasses as well. she is also a very emotionally intelligent woman; she cares about her students, and we've talked with each other a few times, just about things.

mrs. josart was my anatomy teacher for the semester of anatomy i took. she's such an intensely bright woman, i'm constantly bewildered by the fact that she's teaching rather than changing things in science and making a bigger difference. but i suppose that is okay; even so, she is such a brilliant woman, and i was constantly amazed by the information she knows. i was also outrageous in her class while i was there last semester. she took it pretty well too.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]The best teachers I've EVER had?

Well, over the past two years, I've had some magnificent English-Literature teachers. And you know that English isn't always your favorite subject, it can be rather tedious. But these two teachers have been able to make it a lot better.

[B]Miss Morgan[/B], she's the High School's AP (Advanced Placement) Language teacher (a.k.a. Honors English for Seniors) and she also teaches Freshman year English. That's where I had her. She's young and uppity, and always has an optimistic attitude. She helped the boys in my class realize that poetry wasn't that bad because a lot of the music they listened to was a form of poetry itself. She never assigned a lot of homework either. Miss Morgan also is the head of the School's Literary Club, a magazine that I help out with as the Short Story Editor. She's very creative on how to put our works together.

[B]Mr. Desing[/B], my current English teacher. He teaches Honors English 10, English 10 and Senior Speech & Theatre. I see him for Honors English 10. He's a lot like Miss Morgan, young and uppity. But because he's participated in theatre, he's a little more "playful" than Miss Morgan. He's done some of the most complicated works with us. Two stories called "Anthem" by Ayn Rand and "The Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka. And sometimes they were really screwed up and really boring, but when he would read parts in an impression of his, we couldn't help but laugh and think of it making sense with his explanations. He's always able to keep most of the classes interest, but we always seem to talk too much.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#004a6f]I have two favorite teachers. My grade 5 teacher, Mr. Thompson, brought out the best in my problem solving skills. He always presented us with all sorts of interesting mind teasers and philisophical questions. I just loved it. He did have a bit of a temper though, and I've made him quite angry with me a few times, but other than that he was great.

My grade 12 biology teacher, Mr. Zuber, is the most hilarious person I've ever met. He's very clever and always thinks logically. He's a VERY hardworking person, he does so many things he barely has time to see his family. All for the sake of teaching. He knows how to teach well. He knows the best methods students can use to actually learn their material. He's been trying to get the school board to adopt some his ideas of teaching, though they're giving him a hard time. He's also working on his masters in education and writing a thesis about his teaching methods. Maybe then the school board will listen to him.

On minor setback about Zuber though, his writing is atrocious.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]My AP English teacher this year, Ms. Lucas, would have to be my favorite high school teacher. The first day of school I remember thinking, "Wow, this teacher looks so formidable, I think I may have to switch out of this class..." but I'm really glad I didn't. Ms. Lucas is strict, but she's also incredibly nice and really funny. I really hated writing before this class, and even in the beginning of the year, but Ms. Lucas really helped me learn to love it- and excel in it. When a teacher has that kind of ability, you know they're one of the best. [/COLOR]

My favourite Primary School teacher was Mrs. Lennon. I swear she's Mrs. Frizz from the Magic School Bus. She was a mad teacher. But my favourite high school teacher is my Media teacher Mr. Winch. Everyone else hates him for some reason but I think he's awesome. He's got an eyebrow ring and purple hair. We always talk about movies and music at lunch when he's on duty. He can tell you the most amazing things, but everyone reckons he's too strict, probably because no one else chose Media as an elective, they were just put there, so we've got all the people who don't give a flying about media. Anyway, :animesmil my fave teacher is Mr. Winch.