OtakuBoards

Didnt have enough money damnit!!!

Krillen

They sold out in minutes in both Target and Best Buy (which opened at 8:00am for the release). A friend that works at Toy-R-Us said they were out very fast too. . . so this is awesome news for Nintendo, which needed a strong system, but bad for those that REALLY want a Nintendo. I am not sure how other cities or states are doing, but here. . it is a HOT item!

Don't know if this is helpful or not. . but I would go to Target maybe, and start getting the controllers (while they are $15 cheaper then everywhere else), and you can even get a good deal - Buy 2 games, and a memory card and you get $15 extra off a controller. . Buy 3 games, and a memory card, and you get a FREE controller. Very sweet deals indeed, another reason why I love Target so much =)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]They sold out in minutes in both Target and Best Buy (which opened at 8:00am for the release). A friend that works at Toy-R-Us said they were out very fast too. . . so this is awesome news for Nintendo, which needed a strong system, but bad for those that REALLY want a Nintendo. I am not sure how other cities or states are doing, but here. . it is a HOT item!

Don't know if this is helpful or not. . but I would go to Target maybe, and start getting the controllers (while they are $15 cheaper then everywhere else), and you can even get a good deal - Buy 2 games, and a memory card and you get $15 extra off a controller. . Buy 3 games, and a memory card, and you get a FREE controller. Very sweet deals indeed, another reason why I love Target so much =) [/B][/QUOTE]

And what are the prices?

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]well here in san antonio... at 2:30 when i got off work... we still had 3 indigo out of 20 i think... best bye had like 30 left and toys r us... i cant count that high... it freaking sucked here wtf is that... and we didnt even have any of the other stores call us to ask... so the targets here arent out :( sucks yo cause i was saying x-box sucked and gcn ruled... and we sold out of x-circle in 45 mins :( and we had less :([/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]

And what are the prices? [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, not going to include tax on these, and just going to round the base prices up for simplicity:

Gamecube - $200
Controllers - $35 (at Target 25 - ok. . so I was off a bit. . $10 cheaper, not $15 My mistake :D)
Memory Card - $15
Games - $50

All in all, I ended up spending about $460(at Target, with a free contoller coupon) - GAMECUBE, 3 extra controllers, 3 games, memory card. Pretty sweet deal, and I am very happy ^_^

Okay... I'm twitching right now... Seriously, I am.

THAT'S HOW PISSED OFF I AM AT NOT BEING ABLE TO GET IT FOR ANOTHER MONTH!!!!!

I feel like screeming... I've played it in Wal-Mart, and that just made me want it even more...

I [I]HATE[/I] NOT HAVING ENOUGH MONEY!!!!! IT [I]SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/I]

Expect me to be pissed off about this until Christmas... Not pissed off at any of the people on the board, just pissed that I don't have a GCN...

JCGoudy - Why couldn't you get one? Were the places you went sold out? Or were you just low on cash, or not allowed to get one? No matter what, that really sucks though, and sorry to hear :(

Kuja - Nintendo sent out A LOT more systems then M$, so it isn't really a 'bad thing' that Nintendo didn't sell out. They really are doing well in my book considering they came out after another consol by 3 days. (Where do you live at where they didn't all sell?) I don't see X-Box doing too well in the background, as I keep seeing more and more X-Box fans switching over to Nintendo when I talk to them about it. It makes me laugh really :D

Just a few weeks ago many said "Gamecube sucks! X-Box rules!" Those same people paid over $400 in GCN merchandise yesterday. I think they insulted the GCN because they hadn't played it, and when they went to buy X-Box, the played both in the store. Afte that, you can all guess what happened...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the GC was overshadowed bu the x-box, that is why it did not sell as well as it should have, so you may still be able to get your hands on one since there is bound to be some left in stock.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][size=1]In terms of marketing, yeah it was.

But I wouldn't completely agree with your post.

Nintendo released a significantly larger stock of GameCubes than Microsoft did with Xbox.

And yet, in many stores, GameCube was sold out...but Xbox's were plentiful.

I am greatly anticipating the launch sales figures. I hope I can find some sort of accurate report within the next few days.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]In my unoffical survey of video game stores in the area last night at like 5:00, 11 out of 15 stores had been sold out of gamecubes, while only 4 of those same stores were sold out of x-box's.(They had the same ammount of gamecubes and x-boxs in the beginning) I hope they get some more gamecubes in the US soon, that way I can get one for christmas![/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]well here in san antonio... at 2:30 when i got off work... we still had 3 indigo out of 20 i think... best bye had like 30 left and toys r us... i cant count that high... it freaking sucked here wtf is that... and we didnt even have any of the other stores call us to ask... so the targets here arent out :( sucks yo cause i was saying x-box sucked and gcn ruled... and we sold out of x-circle in 45 mins :( and we had less :([/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Now what is X-Circle? Or is it just a typo?

The reason I wasn't able to get a GCN was because I have $70.00 and $40-$50 of that is for Christmas presents. However, I'll probobly be getting one [I]for[/I] Christmas, and then my birthday is Jan. 3. I think we're just going to combine my Christmas and birthday presents this year, to make it easer.

[quote]Now what is X-Circle? Or is it just a typo?[/quote]
He's probably making fun of the X-[I]Box[/I] by calling it the X-[I]Circle[/I] since it's a big box.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]The reason I wasn't able to get a GCN was because I have $70.00 and $40-$50 of that is for Christmas presents. However, I'll probobly be getting one [I]for[/I] Christmas, and then my birthday is Jan. 3. I think we're just going to combine my Christmas and birthday presents this year, to make it easer.

He's probably making fun of the X-[I]Box[/I] by calling it the X-[I]Circle[/I] since it's a big box. [/B][/QUOTE]

That really sucks JCGoudy =( Hopefully, you WILL get one for Christmas, and hope you get some great games for it. *crosses fingers* And having your B-Day and Christmas so close together is also good (I have mine on Febuary 23 :D Always nice for when you want that extra something 'big' for a present, LOL.

For Christmas this year, I think I want a high definition progressive scan T.V. . . . it will allow Super Smash Brothers: Melee to be watched at a much higher resolution. . . LOL, and yes, that is the MAIN reason why =) I would also like a nice surround sound Dolby Pro Logic 2 reciever(not even sure if that is what it is or not. . *shrug*) but both of the later things, I can find for a fair price out there. . =) We will have to see then, right?

[B]

For Christmas this year, I think I want a high definition progressive scan T.V. . . . it will allow Super Smash Brothers: Melee to be watched at a much higher resolution. . . LOL, and yes, that is the MAIN reason why =) I would also like a nice surround sound Dolby Pro Logic 2 reciever(not even sure if that is what it is or not. . *shrug*) but both of the later things, I can find for a fair price out there. . =) We will have to see then, right? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][size=1]Just so you know, a HDTV won't actually make your games run at higher resolution. They'll still run at 640x480 (maximum resolution for a normal TV).

Rather, progressive scan means that each frame is displayed wholly...rather than displaying only the top or bottom half of the frame (which is done on normal TVs). The difference is mainly in animation -- the animation/framerate will look much nicer on a TV with progressive scan enabled.

Also, you won't be able to just plug it in. You'll need an S-Video cable to be able to play in progressive scan mode.

As for Pro Logic 2, a normal stereo system will work with Pro Logic 2. Even though it's stereo, PL2 can still work to some extent. Although currently, only Rogue Leader has PL2 capability (as I'm sure you already know).

However, if you want the full Pro Logic 2 experience, you can purchase relatively cheap Pro Logic-enabled decoders which won't necessarily decode 5:1 digital, but will still decode Pro Logic 2.

Most of the latest sound systems can decode Pro Logic 2.

Hope that helps you out a little. :)[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=indigo][size=1]Just so you know, a HDTV won't actually make your games run at higher resolution. They'll still run at 640x480 (maximum resolution for a normal TV).

Rather, progressive scan means that each frame is displayed wholly...rather than displaying only the top or bottom half of the frame (which is done on normal TVs). The difference is mainly in animation -- the animation/framerate will look much nicer on a TV with progressive scan enabled.

Also, you won't be able to just plug it in. You'll need an S-Video cable to be able to play in progressive scan mode.

As for Pro Logic 2, a normal stereo system will work with Pro Logic 2. Even though it's stereo, PL2 can still work to some extent. Although currently, only Rogue Leader has PL2 capability (as I'm sure you already know).

However, if you want the full Pro Logic 2 experience, you can purchase relatively cheap Pro Logic-enabled decoders which won't necessarily decode 5:1 digital, but will still decode Pro Logic 2.

Most of the latest sound systems can decode Pro Logic 2.

Hope that helps you out a little. :)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks James . . kinda knew about the HDTVs. .but I lost the artivle from IGN that had the info listed. . but reading what you wrote. . ya, I think I knew THAT is what it did instead =)

As for the special connectors, yup, knew that also. .figured by the time that I get the T.V. that they should have that connection out by then. *crosses fingers*

Not really too familiar with surround sound systems (as anyone reading will be likely to pick up on :D) but I appreciate the imput on that, and will keep that in mind. Most likely will just drag a good friend along when I go to get it. Heard Wal-Mart had a 550 Watt (is that right?) 5 speaker set with a reciever. It is made by Phillips, so I will have to check up on that - price was nice at about $250 . . soo =) Hopefully I can get some good imput from my friends on that.

[B]

That really sucks JCGoudy =( Hopefully, you WILL get one for Christmas, and hope you get some great games for it. *crosses fingers* And having your B-Day and Christmas so close together is also good (I have mine on Febuary 23 :D Always nice for when you want that extra something 'big' for a present, LOL.

For Christmas this year, I think I want a high definition progressive scan T.V. . . . it will allow Super Smash Brothers: Melee to be watched at a much higher resolution. . . LOL, and yes, that is the MAIN reason why =) I would also like a nice surround sound Dolby Pro Logic 2 reciever(not even sure if that is what it is or not. . *shrug*) but both of the later things, I can find for a fair price out there. . =) We will have to see then, right? [/B][/QUOTE]
[I]Starts slobbering all over the keyboard/monitor.[/I]

That would be [I]SO COOL[/I] to have!!!!!

[I]Slobbers some more.[/I]

btw, I'm hoping to get SSB Melee and an extra controller with the system. I :love: GameCube.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[I]Starts slobbering all over the keyboard/monitor.[/I]

That would be [I]SO COOL[/I] to have!!!!!

[I]Slobbers some more.[/I]

btw, I'm hoping to get SSB Melee and an extra controller with the system. I :love: GameCube. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Damn you! I have to wait until Sept. NEXT YEAR!! Damn the UK and their pikeeness... damn them...

But I vill import vun.:D:p:p[/SIZE]

About the HDTV... It isn't an S-Video plug, it's known as component. HDTV's have them and so do HDTV ready TVs. The component cable Nintendo makes isn't at the stores, it's only at their site. The thing costs 30 bucks though.

As for Pro Logic II...I'm not sure if my sound system does it. I have a Dolby 5.1/Dolby Digital reciever along with 5 speakers and a subwoofer. I just got this setup maybe 5 months ago. However, I don't think it includes the decoding of Pro Logic II. necessary for Rogue to play the way it's meant to. If not you can just grab the decoder at the store, although it is rather expensive.

I'll check if I can do it later tonight though.