Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I don't know if this thread has already been touched on, but whatever. So, I am a Harry Potter fan. I didn't think I'd get to go see it in it's debut day, but luckily for me, Thursday my teacher had some extra tickets and offered me one. So I went! And I liked it, but I just didn't know what to think. The book, as usual in this case, is always better than the movie. And that goes for this movie too. For one thing, my favorite characters, Fred and George Weasley, did not get hardly ANY air time. And that was not cool. But Ron was a very awesome character indeed. And so was Malfoy. My favorite parts was the Quidditch match and the Chess Game. They were awesome. Quidditch was just like I imagined it would be, and so was the Great Hall. I recommend to all Harry Potter fans to see the movie, but watch it with an open mind because the book will always be better.
Posted
I went and saw it, cause me and my pals missed The One, and we flipped a coin between pot and hal, and pot won. Anyways, I just sat there laughin my head off at how they went off story on alot of stuff, and i just laughed my head off cause well, it's sooo stupid to make a movie out of a book, because they never follow the book.
Posted
[COLOR=limegreen]I haven't seen it, but my best friend took her brothers. She said it sucked a big one, and the fact that it was approximately four hours long, didn't help. The biggest problem with the movie, according to her, was that it didn't have enough settings.....just that "Hog Fart School," or whatever it's called..:drunk:[/COLOR]
Posted
It was only 2 and a half hours long. And the whole book takes place at Hogwarts so NO WONDER the movie has that as the primary setting...geez louise some people are so DENSE....*sighs*
Posted
The movie isn't out yet where i live. But when it does come out i think i will see it, although i'm afraid it might ruin the mental pictures when i read the rest off the books, so i'm tossing it up. But then again it will be pretty hard to avoid so in the end i think i will see it.
Posted
I was scared to see it for the same reason, but the mental picture you get isn't really bad. I like the interpretations of the characters. Like Oliver Wood, the Quidditch team captain, he's perfect. And so is Ron and Malfoy. And Professor Snape looks just like Trent Reznor from NIN. It's funny. But I think you should see it anyway. Just so you can see how they did things.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I would rather swim in a pool of sulphuric acid than watch the harry potter film, I've been flaming the damn film for the last 3 months.... [/B][/QUOTE]
I TOTALLY agree. I see no point in going to see that movie. I made an attempt to read the first book. It was a BIG failure. I don't know what your reasons are Seppy but, I agree with your conclusion about it...

-Justin
Posted
[SIZE=1]I have seen it. It is a BIT like the book, the quidditch match was excellent, Harry was crap, Ron was the best, Hagrid rocked, Mr.Filch was funny...
The book is always better, the film is boring in some parts. I seen it twice already :rolleyes: and second time, I could of gone to sleep...

6/10:sleep: [/SIZE]
Posted
I didnt see it and I wont see go see it I dont really like it and I dont want to see it. A lot of my friends went to see it and tehy loved it, but what ever they said I wont go see it it'S not my kind of movie, I like car movies and comedy and action.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I would rather swim in a pool of sulphuric acid than watch the harry potter film, I've been flaming the damn film for the last 3 months.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Kick Sephiroth. You make me feel like an idiot. I have to get to the cinema one hour early to get good seat.
Posted
Does wanting to hunt down and kill all the ppl who had anything to do with the movie make u feel better Safer?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Does wanting to hunt down and kill all the ppl who had anything to do with the movie make u feel better Safer? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]*Kicks akito and safer then runs into a wall* Silly boy! That would be murder you frog! It was good... everyone else says it's good... but you can have your own opinion... if you want to get kicked again that is.[/SIZE]
Posted
well everyone has their own opinion about everything. Alot of people don't like Harry Potter. But everyone is the world does not have the same interests, that would be pretty insane. But the book really is better to me. So, this is a question I've been arguing about....now come on, who REALLY thinks Harry Potter is witchcraft? I think some people are just so close-minded. All these parents banning their kids from seeing Harry Potter or reading the books because they think it is the work of the devil.. Well, they use magic in the final fantasy games, so it's ALL witchcraft...wouldn't that be saying the same thing??? Just curious...
Posted
well, i saw the movie and loved it! the book was 200% better though. it may seem childish for a 15 y/o to like harry potter, but i do. so screw all of you who think otherwise! :mad:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]I am 16 and I like it, and the majority of the people who were at the theatre when I went and saw it were well over their 30's... [/B][/QUOTE]

well, i went to the 10:45 at night showing. the last one. i went to the first of the day and sat in the front, and the last, and sat in the back. lol. i'm crazy that way. and both times the theater was jammed full. there were a lot of kids at the 10:45 showing surprisinly. but there were also alot of adults.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]THE QUIDDITCH MATCH WAS THE ABSOLUTE BESTEST!!!!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

i disagree. i say any part with Mrs. Norris in it was the best. CAT POWER!! lol, no. the quidditch scene was undoubtly the best in the movie, and second was the chess game.
Posted
Ive read the book and i am going to see the movie cause my friend went with his Brother and he said it OK,but im still gonna go,cause you never find out what its like until you watched it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...