OtakuBoards

Wii

Charles

I like the Wii, even though i kind of favor the 360 more(solely cause of Gears of war) . The controller alone is going to be a legend. The motion sensor element of it might make it a must-have in the video industry. I played the Wii a little bit at my friends house with a few others. When we got around to playing Wii Sports bowling, i could of sworn one of my friends was throwing the control hard enough to send it into orbit.

After my friend of calmed down a bit after watching his controller going mach 2 without a strap, he insisted that everyone to see the site wiihaveaproblem.com. This site is just a whole bunch of people who broke controllers and many things around them. Timeless.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my friends got it on the day it came out, and I was playing it at his house a few weeks back.
The wiimotes made me go o.O
XD
And I managed to throw my back out while boxing in Wiisports
And my character looks like a terrorist.....XD
I was really suprised with how sensitive it is, I'd lift my arm up about five inches or so to pitch, and it'd pitch.
I was also impressed with how acurate the bowling is. I bowled around the same score that I usually get....which is a pathetic 120-150
Anyway, in general sum up:
I think it's amusing, but I'd rather have a normal controller for games.

As for the actual system
it made me go O.O
My friend mavaged to knock it off the shelf several times before we were smart enough to put it on the floor
it sustained no damage whatsoever
which we all know would be completely not true for the PS systems.
Also, the graphics on Zelda (the only actual game he's gotten so far) are bloody amazing. I never cease to be shocked at the capabilities of the next gen systems.

As a general sum-up:
...wow.

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Well, it looks like Nintendo has already looked into the wrist strap breaking thing. Apparently every new Wii Remote is getting a thicker wrist strap. [url=http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=3890]Click here[/url] for the article (Dec. 8).[/FONT]
[/COLOR]
[CENTER][img]http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/news/images/88948-2-1.jpg[/img][/CENTER]
[right][size=1][color=#ededed]Invitation'd.[/color][/size][/right]

[color=#4B0082]So, the Forecast Channel finally went live today. I downloaded the update and checked it out. It's neat and could actually be useful. . . . Except that the only cities you can view weather data from in the Sacramento Valley are Redding and Sacramento. They're on the farth north and south ends of the valley, respectively. I live about half way between them in the center of the valley. Temperature tends to vary quite a bit as you move north through the valley and get farther away from the delta. So you can see my problem here: No matter which of the two I choose, neither is going to be very accurate for where I live.

It looks like anyone who doesn't live in or close to a major city pretty much just gets the shaft. I really hope they add more cities later or else I have almost no use for the feature.[/color]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I actually happen to live very close to Toronto, so the whole Forecast thing isn't a problem for me but I can definitely see why it would be. However that seems to be the Weather Channels only flaw.

One thing I really like is that once you've loaded up the channel for the first time you never have to again if all you want is temperature and weather for the day. If you just click the channel icon, at the start menu it shows the current weather and temp. Sweet stuff.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]The free Internet Channel trial was just released. I'm posting this from my Wii, in fact. So far it looks okay for browsing but typing with the on-screen keyboard is really, really slow. I imagine I'm only going to use it if my PC goes down and I can't access the net from it. But hey, at least it beats cell phone browsers.

It's a neat feature, but like the Forecast Channel, I really can't see why anyone would use it instead of a PC.[/color]

Yeah, I'm typing this from my Wii as well. >:D (btw, that icon took forever :/) Anyway, I definitely like the concept of this feature even if, as Charles pointed out for the [strike]Weather[/strike] Forecast channel, it does illustrate Nintendo's questionable priorities, and as Des pointed out, it really doesn't work quite well enough to actually want to use it a lot. I think it's done relatively well though, utilizing the ease of the wiimote with the automatic word chooser when typing, and it should work fine when just going from page to page or looking* up something really quick. In that sense, it seems to be for people who really can't pull themselves away from their systems. After all, we can assume that if they already have an internet connection, they probably have a computer as well, which would be much easier. After typing on this for a bit, however, I think I'm sort of getting used to it. lol

*I originally quoted Des, and apparently ran out of space at this point. :o

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I downloaded and tried out the Internet Channel. It's neat but I probably won't use it very often. The only time I can see myself using it is if both my computers are taken and the laptop is gone. And even then I'd probably just mod Play It and that's it.

It's actually pretty easy to type. Much faster than I had expected. I'm not typing from my Wii, though. With the Wii Internet you can't have music and MSN. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Charles']When you got yours did you cradle it for about five minutes and then rub it up against your face repeatedly? Not that I did that or anything.[/quote]

[COLOR=Teal]Charles I want you to be the Godfather of my children.

Anyway I got my Wii a couple of weeks ago. With Zelda TP(I wanted to stay dedicated to one game.) What I love most about the Wii is the BC it plays GC games flawlessly. I pawned my original GC when I found out the Wii was a perfect substitue. 360 BC is terrible. Everytime I save in a game the music shuts off. Not to mention you have to wait for updates. And PS3 needs some work. Luckily the BC issues will be fixed or at least Sony says they will. My only problem with the Wii is the interface which isnt bad but just meh... I much prefer the 360s interface.

Im highly impressed with this system and it compliments my DS nicely.[/COLOR]