OtakuBoards

Nerds, Goths, Punks, The Popular Kids, etc... What do you fall in?

Shadow Blade

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Oceanborn']Whee, our kin is alive. Rockers rock! ^___^[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Rock is dead! Long live paper and scissors! Wow that was random.

I still say lables suck. I almost bit my tongue off this afternoon when my cousin's friend mentioned looking for a good looking punk guy. So funny![/color]

WELL...I FIT UNDER THE BULLY/JOCK CATEGORY; YOU SEE I BELONG TO A GANG AND IT IS MANDARTORY THAT I MAKE OTHERS SUFFER. I DO NOT REALLY HAVE TO HURT THEM OR ANYTHING I JUST PUSH THEM AROUND AND I THROW FOOD AT THEM...BUT THERE WAS THIS ONE TIME, WHEN I WAS WITH ONE OF MY GANG MEMBERS, THAT I SAW A YOUNGER BOY FROM MY SCHOOL, SO ME AND MY FRIEND WALKED TOWARDS HIM AND BEGAN TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM...WE WERE ONLY HAVING FUN, BUT THINGS GOT A LITTLE OUT OF HAND AND I PICKED UP A BROKEN PIPE AND I SMASHED IT ON HIS DING DONG AND HE SCREAMED "YES MOMMY MORE!" AND OF COURSE BEING THE PERSON THAT I AM I CONTINUED UNTIL HE PASSED OUT, AND THIS IS THE END OF MY BEAUTIFUL LIE. GOODBYE. :p

[quote name='ZUZU3276']WELL...I FIT UNDER THE BULLY/JOCK CATEGORY; YOU SEE I BELONG TO A GANG AND IT IS MANDARTORY THAT I MAKE OTHERS SUFFER. I DO NOT REALLY HAVE TO HURT THEM OR ANYTHING I JUST PUSH THEM AROUND AND I THROW FOOD AT THEM...BUT THERE WAS THIS ONE TIME, WHEN I WAS WITH ONE OF MY GANG MEMBERS, THAT I SAW A YOUNGER BOY FROM MY SCHOOL, SO ME AND MY FRIEND WALKED TOWARDS HIM AND BEGAN TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM...WE WERE ONLY HAVING FUN, BUT THINGS GOT A LITTLE OUT OF HAND AND I PICKED UP A BROKEN PIPE AND I SMASHED IT ON HIS DING DONG AND HE SCREAMED "YES MOMMY MORE!" AND OF COURSE BEING THE PERSON THAT I AM I CONTINUED UNTIL HE PASSED OUT, AND THIS IS THE END OF MY BEAUTIFUL LIE. GOODBYE. :p[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Not to be rude or anything. But you seem like the type of person who seriously needs to consider therapy. Intense therapy where they give you jolts of electricity. And maybe some Prozak or Nortriptaline.

Also lay off the caps lock. It's rude.[/color]

Guest Skamish
[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Not to be rude or anything. But you seem like the type of person who seriously needs to consider therapy. Intense therapy where they give you jolts of electricity. And maybe some Prozak or Nortriptaline.

Also lay off the caps lock. It's rude.[/color][/QUOTE]

She was just joking "beautful" [b]lie[/b]

Don't take it so seriously dude.

I don't know. I like stereotypes. They provide a sense of unity. If you have these other people who have the same label as you, and you don't know them, maybe you should.

Anyway, back to business. Some from my school.

Big-game hunters: Ooh! Them pheasants are going to rip your limbs off! You know if you know one. If you don't hunt, they half-way want to gouge out your eyes with soap-bars. I mean, I'm not against hunting, but I don't like to kill little animals. They're nice to me.

Alchys: They show up drunk to school, work, and home. They get fat and never eat. They haven't been sober since sometime last year. They're brain looks like green eggs and ham! They become alchoholics at the age of 13. I don't like them. They're nice, but they only talk about sex and drinking.

Roleplayers: Heck yeah! D&D people. Not the 'sit around the table and talk about Jimmy the Fighter's half-demon girlfriend' type. They're the kids who do good in school, participate in music and drama, and befriend everyone. I love these people. They're my people. So nice, funny, smart, etc. Play tons of videogames. These are the perpetually pale kids at the beginning of school, because they spend all their time in their basements.

I look like a goth sometimes. I don't shave because I don't like razors. I don't get out much because I burn easily. I mostly wear black because I bleed easily and black doesn't stain. I loooove those huge black pants, like they have at Hot Topic, cuz those things are sooo comfy. I wear Chucks because I don't feel bad about writing on them after a month or so of use. I'm not gothic though. Too nice. I might be manic-depressive, but I'm mostly manic. When I'm happy, I'm really happy and hyper and I have no off-swith. When I'm sad, I can hardly move, much less talk. If you can define me, great! If not, too bad for me...Oh well!

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]Not to be rude or anything. But you seem like the type of person who seriously needs to consider therapy. Intense therapy where they give you jolts of electricity. And maybe some Prozak or Nortriptaline.

Also lay off the caps lock. It's rude.[/color][/QUOTE]
Thank you oh gracious one i will take your advice...and just to show how sincere i am i took off the caps :D

[QUOTE=Skamish]She was just joking "beautful" [b]lie[/b]

Don't take it so seriously dude.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]It's called sarcasm. Too bad that's not one of the labels they give out in High School because that would be mine... If I was in high school.

And I'm not a dude.

I think if there was a real classification for me to be in, I'd put myself in the loud sarcastic group who goes to Wal*Mart or Wegmans at 0300 because it's open and there's nothing else to do. And I go in my pajamas. Because nothing beats wearing PJs with a bra and Adidas.[/color]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]hmm at my school the kids who "think" they own the school are the preps. The abercrombie and hollister wearing mall-hanging kids who go to the mall every week and somehwo never run our of things to buy. Appearently they have an endless supply of money. Some of them are really cool and since they make up the majority of the school a bunch of them are my friends but yeah, as usual, there are always some retards who think they should look down upon people because they think they're "special". :animeangr

They just need to get over themselves. As for myself, I don't believe in labeling myself, I guess I'm just in the middle. Me and my friends hang out at the movies and carowinds and go to the mall [I]sometimes[/I]. NOT EVERY WEEK. Jebus you think they'd get bored of the mall at some point. Once every five or six months is enough for me. :/[/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][color=slategray]I'm one of those rare people you'd call a [B]geek[/B]. Symptoms include: Constant non-stop conversation about StarWars, Harry Potter, Teen Titans, comics, TOM FELTON, video games, slash, internet, online girlfriend... and no one listens to you. Not normally. Well, okay, my friends do. But those are rare for me too.
One time someone called my "group" the Rebels. But I don't think doing stupid stuff counts as being a rebel. Thanks anyway.[/color][/size]

Oi-titles and stereotypes. At my school, I had a bunch of different types of people (Preps, Rednecks, Posers, Hip-hop/Rap kids, Jocks, Goths, and outcasts)

Throughout high school I was pinned as a Goth but I consider myself a Metalhead more than Goth.

I am Wiccan but that's because of my beliefs, not what I listen to or what I wear. It's something that I believe in. But, I'm not going to go there and start a fight, I don't want to do that.

Uh, I have no problem with kids of the other 'stereotypical spectrum' because I figure that if I left them alone they would leave me alone. Some cases that doesn't fit well and I end up getting into a fight. But, you'll have that no matter where you go.

I don't really like labels because they lead to stereotypes. And that leads to the dark side, lol. Anyway, im a geek/nerd. Im a geek first and a nerd second. My school is pretty much run by the popular kids, the potheads, and the football idiots. And i was surprised this year that i found soo many geeks and nerds like me. In a few short months, i found 8 kids who were just like me. It was awesome! We sit at lunch and talk about things like how Apple is going with intel, and if Macs can survive, and technology.....its really cool. And we pretty much have the same interests in music, video games, ect.

:animesmil

[size=1][color=slategray]Something I honestly don't understand is the whole labeling system. You know why? Because a lot of the time when someone labels themself or someone else, they don't even know what it means. Such as Gothic. Not a lot of people know what that means anymore. Stuff like this just leads to empty stereotypes. People always call me Gothic because I wear a lot of black and I don't really have any religious beliefs. I myself know what Gothic means, but I get tired of giving a five minute speech to whoever calls me Gothic all the time. So I let them say whatever now.
But I still stand by what I said before. I'm a hardcore geek. Go me.[/color][/size]

I guess I could be a geek, but I would label myself more as a gamer. It's almost all that I talk about. Also some call me rocker just cause I dress like one. -^^- personally I don't like sterotypes, but when they are true, I accept it and tend to loke about it alot.

Guest DarkShigure
[COLOR=Indigo][COLOR=Indigo]I THINK I AM CONSIDERED AS A ~punk~ SEEING AS ALL MY TEACHERS AND FRIENDS CALL ME THAT, BUT I PREFERE TO BE A ~loner~ HE HE HE![/COLOR] [/COLOR] :animedepr I NEED MORE FRIENDS. *sigh*

[font=Trebuchet MS][color=DarkGreen]Welcome to OtakuBoards, [b]DarkShigure.

[/b]Please could you lay off the ALL CAPS in future? It's the Internet equivalent of shouting in people's faces. Where I come from shouting in people's faces is considered fairly rude. Just a politeness issue, really. Lower case is your friend.

I hope you enjoy your stay.
[/color][/font]

[size=1]I play a fair amount of sport, get a fair few A's, have a large friend group, work out, flirt, spend a lot of time online, and I listen to rock music. What does this make me?

You can look at someone and easily classify them accoridng to their appearance. However, the further you delve into them, and their lives, the more wrong you realise you were. Stereotype, sure. But don't let those stereotypes affect your perceptions of people too much.[/size]

[quote name='Marriel']Gamers? nerds/geeks? Same thing. Can't see a difference.[/quote] [color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]You can be a geek/nerd without being a gamer, though I don't know whether a gamer can ever avoid being a geek/nerd. I was classed 'nerd' for a while, but I've never been a gamer. I just studied too much for my own good :animeswea

Does anyone else know the same distinction between nerd and geek as I do? I heard someone put it this way: the nerd won't go to the party, because he'll be home studying for tomorrow's test. The geek [b]will [/b]go to the party, but will get wedgied by everyone there.
[/font][/color]

[QUOTE=Blackjack][color=DarkGreen][font=Trebuchet MS]You can be a geek/nerd without being a gamer, though I don't know whether a gamer can ever avoid being a geek/nerd. I was classed 'nerd' for a while, but I've never been a gamer. I just studied too much for my own good :animeswea

Does anyone else know the same distinction between nerd and geek as I do? I heard someone put it this way: the nerd won't go to the party, because he'll be home studying for tomorrow's test. The geek [b]will [/b]go to the party, but will get wedgied by everyone there.
[/font][/color][/QUOTE]
Is that so? Then why do have high IQ scores yet still manage to never study and make lousy grades.(granted I still somehow pass)

Also I have never been given a wedgie. I have given all of my siblings wedgies though. I have talked to people of different stereotypes without many repricussions, except when I get angry, beware though their topics of conversation are very boring.

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]Like James said, try to refrain from double posting. The [b]'EDIT' [/b]button is there so you can go back and add other thoughts if you think of something after posting. I've merged your two consecutive posts together.
[/size][/color] [right][b][color=DarkGreen][size=1]-Blackjack[/size][/color][/b]
[/right]