OtakuBoards

No...no...ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

kaisha

[COLOR=Blue]We don't need anymore boy band stuff. A while ago, that's all it was. Thank God we had real musicans like Godsmack, Rob Zombie, and Linkin Park to help us throught that time of crisis.
I think that one of the things that killed boy bands was that no one really took them seriously, except for girls ages 11-15. Boy bands were hileriously spoofed on SNL, and in MAD magazine, and the Simpsons. I realize how shallow the music industry can be some times. I also think that alot of them may have got fusterated, because they don't really get full creative control. Well, most musicans go throught that anyway. That was what John was singing about in Korn's "Freak On a leash." How the music industry won't let him have full creative control.
All and all, please no more boy bands.
Long live rock!

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[quote name='Dragonboym2][color=Blue]We don't need anymore boy band stuff. A while ago, that's all it was. [u][b]Thank God we had real musicans like[/b][/u] Godsmack, Rob Zombie, and [u][b]Linkin Park[/b][/u'] to help us throught that time of crisis. [/color][/quote]
Quoted for absurdity. Backstreet Boys are derivative as hell, but it's not like Linkin Park is any less derivative...they're just derivative in another "genre" of music.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=-3]All BackStreet songs sound the same...all Linkin Park songs sound the same...I'm with Siren on this one.

But anyways, to be honest I didn't even know the BackStreet Boys were [i]gone[/i] in the first place. I never paid attention the boy-bands at all...as I honestly believe the genre should die. I think it all got started back when N-Sync came out. All hell broke loose with teenage girls across the nation jumping up and down to see N-Sync sing "All I Ever Wanted" and such. Infact, It wasn't until they eventually dominated MTV that I eventually began to grow such a hate for them. Not like MTV is prestigous in it's own right, considering it's only 2% music anymore. It's mainly a toss up between 49% skin and 49% interviews with mediocre artists.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][quote name='kaisha']The Backstreet Boys....they're back. I can't believe this, now I have to deal with them and Jesse Mcartney. Lets just pray that this won't turn into another boy band era.[/quote]

I hadn't noticed they were gone. And if it turns into another Boy Band era? Who cares? There's nobody forcing you to listen to BSB or whatever clone band comes after them. All you need to do is change the channel, get a stack of CDs or turn on the Internet, and there you have nine million other genres. [/COLOR]

[quote name='wolf45neko45][COLOR=RoyalBlue]eh i don't care aslong as they don't make bad music[/COLOR'] :whoops:[/quote]
Which is what they do, Their music was terrible and I don't see why it is that they were so popular in the first thing.

[quote name='The Monster']Which is what they do, Their music was terrible and I don't see why it is that they were so popular in the first thing.[/quote]

It all has to do with personal taste...

I, personally, don't see why a lot of bands are popular, but they are...

Plus, there are like eighty gazillion screaming little girls from the ages of 8-15 that totally heart the back street boys. (Randomly, I hate them because I wanted to go to a Goo Goo Dolls concert when I was a kid but my mom wanted to take me to see the Back Street Boys T_T since I was like "um, ew" I didn't get to go to either concert T_T Haha, I guess that's sort of a better reason than just because they are a boy band ^^; but I don't like that sort either)

But, I'm agreeing with a few other people on this one...

There are a lot of other genres out there (that are equally or less annoying). Even if boy bands are insanely popular, you don't have to pay attention.

The band doesn't expect to be at their same level of popularity as they were when Millenium came out. At least they know where to set their expectations, which I can respect. If people want to buy it, then that's cool by me. There's certainly far worse groups to listen to. Hell, I even like "The Call", personally.

Yes I agree you are not being forced to listen to them and I never did, I cannot appreciate people who get their voices altered by a machine and don't even use orignial Guitar and Drums. Everything now days is Drum Machines and Fake Guitars What happened to people like Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, and Chuck Berry? Really I mean it seems like music has taken a turn for the worst.... Or even some decent rappers I mean im not a big fan but what happened to music that was actually real like when Tupac was big? Damn well I Guess I will just continue to listent to my music and ignore this "new stuff" :P

Dont Forget Metallica, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Rush, Ozzy, Rolling Stones, Jimi, Bob Marley, Eric Clapton And so so many more but all of them are back in the old era so I cannot really put them in this time period. But their music is still the best :P

EDIT: Our Lady Peace, Smashing Pumpkins Ill give you a few more later :P
EDIT: Rage Against The Machine, Damage Plan(RIP DIME) Pantera(RIP DIME)

Dont forget Radio Head Hmm man I can name so many but I cannot think of all the bands I like at the moment.

Yes yes yes. Recently there's been a song on the radio by these guys, Incomplete.

If you ask me, I don't think the era of boybands will ever regain its full-strength to make a comeback. They're just too down below now... every kind of music has overtaken the genre. So much, that any boyband that actually does make it back into serious popularity all-round, within the next [i]10 years[/i], should receive a medal. But I doubt any band of this genre will regain, or build-up so much popularity, at all... it'll never happen.

[COLOR=Blue]I WAS forced to listen to them. I used to work in a Toys R Us for about four years, and there was a never ending loop of crappy music( Well, every once in a while, we'd get a good song. To this day, many people don't know the real meaning behind the '60s pop hit "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy." ). And those no-talent boy bands had a couple songs on each loop. It was horrible. That's why I was excited about working in the video game section. They had a huge stereo, and would listen to the local rock channel, WAAF. So your in the game section, and the stereo is playing Metalica's "St. Anger" instead of...whatever. Cool. As I once said: "Boy bands are just a gimic and a fad."

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][quote name='kaisha']No one person MAKES me listen to it. But the songs will be on tvs, computers, and playing in stores, we don't need that, now do we?[/quote]

People could argue that we don't need the Who, the Beatles, Matchbox 20, Brittany Spears, heck, even [i]Beethoven[/i] played places like TV, computers and stores. It all comes down to matters of taste. If you say, "I don't like this, therefore it's not needed," and someone was to [i]listen[/i] to you, what's to keep the people who like it, but not the music [i]you[/i] like from saying, "But I don't like [i]your[/i] stuff, therefore you can't play [i]it[/i] either."?

See? It's a viscous circle. Either all music is allowed, or all music will disappear.

And seriously, in stores? The songs are five minutes long, tops. On a computer? Change the band, change the channel, change the disc, whatever. And who cares what's on TV anyway?[/COLOR]

A few months ago, I would've told you that the era of boybands has completely died. Today... yeah, it's still dead. The Backstreet Boys are (for lack of a better metaphor), the undead, rising from the grave for one or two more hits. Even with that, their current song ("Incomplete") doesn't sound like a lot of the typical boyband fluff we used to get 5 years ago. I didn't even know that was a BSB song until I saw the music video. And frankly, I was surprised by the comeback. Last I'd heard of them, they were trying to drag "the rebel" out of margaritaville.

I say let them do their thing. It's not like I watch MTV anymore, or they'll ever regain their full popularity again. Their original fanbase is currently in college and listening to emo, anyway.

[QUOTE=Dragonboym2][COLOR=Blue]We don't need anymore boy band stuff. A while ago, that's all it was. Thank God we had real musicans like Godsmack, Rob Zombie, and Linkin Park to help us throught that time of crisis.
I think that one of the things that killed boy bands was that no one really took them seriously, except for girls ages 11-15. Boy bands were hileriously spoofed on SNL, and in MAD magazine, and the Simpsons. I realize how shallow the music industry can be some times. I also think that alot of them may have got fusterated, because they don't really get full creative control. Well, most musicans go throught that anyway. That was what John was singing about in Korn's "Freak On a leash." How the music industry won't let him have full creative control.
All and all, please no more boy bands.
Long live rock!

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Yes, the Backstreet Boys suck ubermonkeys. And the problem is, that because of little sheep who like anything on the Top 30 (or whatever), they'll prolly be successful in their return.

[color=darkviolet]Back Street's back! Run and hide.... or not. I doubt it's a sign of the apocolyspe- or is it?

I saw them on Jay Leno last night. One of the guys was wearing black nail polish to establish that he's still the 'bad boy' of the group. They haven't changed much except that now instead of early to mid twenties they're late twenties to early thirties. Yet their fan base has stayed the same. Which is really scary since now they have up to a 20 year age difference with some of their groupies

I heard their song on the local radio station that I only listen to when I'm half asleep and every other channel has commercials.

I used to like them back in high school but then the whole 'boy band' music thing got very over played and by the time I moved to TX I was sticking the BSB and NSYNC cds in the microwave for 20 seconds then throwing them down the hallway in my apartment- good times.

Don't worry it'll die off just in time for another band to take their place. Maybe New Kids on the Block will reinvent themselves yet again and stage a comeback as 30 and 40 year olds. :faint: :animeswea :animesigh [/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']I saw them on Jay Leno last night. One of the guys was wearing black nail polish to establish that he's still the 'bad boy' of the group.[/color][/quote]It don't get much more "bad boy" than being a raging alcoholic. ;)

[quote][color=darkviolet]They haven't changed much except that now instead of early to mid twenties they're late twenties to early thirties. Yet their fan base has stayed the same. Which is really scary since now they have up to a 20 year age difference with some of their groupies[/color][/QUOTE]R. Kelly? Michael Jackson? Bah! It's those boy bands you have to watch out for. I was always bothered by the fact that their fans were in their early teens. Backstreet Boys hardly held anything back when it came to singing about sex (why parents never picked up on that stuff is beyond me), and they ended up with a rabid cult of pre-teen girls offering to have their babies.

It's sick.

[size=1][color=slategray]I don't know why you people are complaining. If the Boy Band era [I]is[/I] coming back, let it come. It'll pass again, just like it did before.
Hell, I'd actually welcome the Boy Band era back, then I can have fun conversations with the girls that absolutely love those Boy Bands.
Random Girl: "Who do you think is hotter? DP Rockar or JC Singar?"
Me: "I am."[/color][/size]